FAKE TICKETS ?

I have used UCT several times for tickets and never had an issue. That's where I am purchasing my tickets from for this upcoming trip. They have always been very nice and courteous and the validity of the tickets have never been an issue.

I have used UT many times. My DD is on a trip now with tickets purchased from UT. I have never had an issue with them. I buy well in advance so I don't have to be concerned with delivery time. I realize not everyone has the funds to do so.

I have ordered tickets from UT many, many times. They have always been helpful and prompt.

This past order, I submitted my online order on a Friday and then realized I needed another ticket, but they were closed for the weekend. I emailed them anyway and someone called me back the next (Saturday) morning and corrected it for me, so I didn't have to make another expedited shipping order.

I've used UT a couple of times and have been 100% satisfied. I now use DVC AP's otherwise I would still use them. I do recall when I ordered they were very clear on the days that they mail out the tickets.

A few things:
1- I truly hate when someone COMPLETELY overreacts and bad mouths a company before having the facts straight.
2- Where is the apology for being such a %$#
3- You go to DISBOARDS and UT attempts to help you and you question who they are, do just a little research, look at how long they have been on the board look at prior posts and it is obvious they are who they say they are. Have a clue
4- If you are so worried about being ripped off and so un-trusting I recommend that you always buy everything at full retail direct from vendors, because we know that Disney or any other company never makes a mistake or an error. Also you are foolish if you order from any company online and don't have a clue that they are legit or not, the least of your problems would be delivery. FORTUNATELY within 2 minutes on this board you could find out that Undercover Tourist is a very well known and respected vendor, or just do a Google search.

Below is a UPS message I have in regards to a recent Disney Store purchase
Memphis, TN, United States 03/11/2015 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
03/10/2015 10:00 P.M. Recent weather has caused delivery delays. Recovery efforts are under way to deliver your package as soon as possible. / We’re working to deliver your package as soon as possible.

It's very obvious the Disney Store and UPS are a scam and trying to rip me off.

Two final thoughts:
1- You need to change the title of this thread
2- Monitors should delete this thread because it disparages a quality vendor with misinformation and is just not accurate.

Last edited:
Personally I do not see anything wrong with the title.

It Does Not Mention the Name of the Company.

The OP may have taken a day off from their computer.

Not everyone has the need to be on a computer everyday.

The matter has been solved by UT (which could mean they acknowledge there was a problem)

No need for the *suspicious post / theory analysis* as that just adds to the OP's frustration.

9/10 ... the theorist is incorrect and appears overly contentious / argumentative.

Seriously? The OP titled the tread "FAKE TICKETS" but never actually accused them of bing fake. In fact, the OP probably already had the tracking information, since they only complained about the delayed delivery. It's certainly inflammatory.

Yes ... Seriously.

BTW ... the title of this thread is in the form of a Question (?) ... FAKE TICKETS?

Have a Good Day ... ... ... ... ... ... ... :car:

Agree on the conspiracy theory being over the top. Also think the OP with the "Fake Tickets?" is over the top. The title implies there is a scam, and a bit of an over-reaction at minimum. While the OP has the right to question, there is (at least on this board) a responsibility to not disparage a company. If you do you will get called out on it. With internet scams etc, it is pretty easy to verify a company being legit based on doing a quick google search, and you come up with 1,500,000 hits. Reviews on various websites, BBB A+ rating and review of two complaints, linkdin etc pretty much should give you confidence.

With all that said, if you pay on your credit card and notify them of non-receipt of a purchase, it is pretty easy in my experience to reverse a charge for legitimate reasons.

While the title doesn't mention UT obviously the comments do. As far as being away from computer agreed. of course OP posted over 20 times in a week. The OP is under no obligation to comeback and say anything but it would be the right thing to do. UT may have resolved issue (which you say could mean they acknowledge there was a problem) but I don't think it had anything to do with fake tickets as the title suggests.

I have bought many many tickets from them over the years with no problems. In fact this last time I was hurrying up to buy some of the 2014 tickets for my family and my sisters and I had put my address accidentally for my sisters and the transaction did not go through. I called and they answered in the first call, told me I had put the wrong address and I was able to correct it on the spot. I know that this last round of tickets are taking a long time as they have gotten so many orders.

Very surprised to hear that you have had this experience. I have bought tickets from UT multiple times over the past 10 years (tickets to both DL and WDW) with absolutely NO problems at all. I would definitely let them know you are dissatisfied.................P

Very surprised to hear that you have had this experience. I have bought tickets from UT multiple times over the past 10 years (tickets to both DL and WDW) with absolutely NO problems at all. I would definitely let them know you are dissatisfied.................P

If this is for the OP, UT reached out to the OP a few times in this thread and it appears everything is resolved.

I had a delay in getting my UT tickets due to the winter weather in late Feb. They did arrive a day later than scheduled (and over two weeks after I ordered). I also ordered before the price hike (US/IoA).

I also think the OP's title is wrong.
And that she over-reacted. I'm wondering if she ever orders things online. I can't think of many places that send things out as soon as you order, most have a couple days to process before shipping. She didn't order soon enough for her needs.

I think you have to realize that she obviously had found UT on the internet and purchased her tickets from them without knowing who they were or that they were a real company. Then when all the mix up happened, she got upset thinking she had just wasted $$$$ on tickets that she wasn't going to get. Just the way the OP is worded shows that she wasn't aware that this is a very well known company.

Just because someone doesn't have the same information as you do, doesn't mean they are lying or trying to start a problem. If I had spent that kind of money on something and then started getting worried that it was a scam, I would be upset too! I have gotten worried thinking a company I order little Christmas presents from isn't on the up and up and that isn't anywhere near the money spent on WDW Tickets.

I think you have to realize that she obviously had found UT on the internet and purchased her tickets from them without knowing who they were or that they were a real company. Then when all the mix up happened, she got upset thinking she had just wasted $$$$ on tickets that she wasn't going to get. Just the way the OP is worded shows that she wasn't aware that this is a very well known company.

Just because someone doesn't have the same information as you do, doesn't mean they are lying or trying to start a problem. If I had spent that kind of money on something and then started getting worried that it was a scam, I would be upset too! I have gotten worried thinking a company I order little Christmas presents from isn't on the up and up and that isn't anywhere near the money spent on WDW Tickets.

Also it was her first post. She probably googled Undercover Tourist and this site popped up. I'm pretty sure thats how I found this board. I first was at Mousesavers and saw the ad for UT tickets. My research led me here.

I think you have to realize that she obviously had found UT on the internet and purchased her tickets from them without knowing who they were or that they were a real company.
Undercover Tourist isn't the first result from Googling. Just a few minutes ago, a search for discounted Disney World tickets came back starting with Mousesavers, tickets2you, then UCT. That description states "Authorized seller of discount Disney World tickets, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and more. Buy tickets online or call ". Bing's search engine lists them about seventh. The OP could have done due diligence before her purchase instead of the several panicked and skeptical posts in this thread.

Knock off trying to slander UCT as some kind of scam or fake tickets. They are an authorized Disney ticket re-seller. Thousands of people have bought tickets from them (including myself) and have had zero issues.

As a consumer who just spent thousands of dollars on a once in a life time trip, I have every right to be " so suspicious". Thank you for letting me know that this board is monitored by Undercover Tourist, I had no idea.

Welcome to the DIS. Contrary to what they would like you to believe it's only "friendly" if you agree 100% with the 'prevailing view" As you can see by JanaDee's post.

Personally I used UT once and I agree it was just too much hassle for the small savings!

Undercover Tourist isn't the first result from Googling. Just a few minutes ago, a search for discounted Disney World tickets came back starting with Mousesavers, tickets2you, then UCT. That description states "Authorized seller of discount Disney World tickets, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and more. Buy tickets online or call ". Bing's search engine lists them about seventh. The OP could have done due diligence before her purchase instead of the several panicked and skeptical posts in this thread.

I am not sure why it matters where UT comes up on Googling. But, it doesn't change the fact that perhaps she just wasn't sure after the misunderstandings. What possible difference does it make if someone decides to come here and panic WHILE they are trying to find other answers? She certainly is not hurting UT. Anyone reads this thread, they can see that UT did try to fix the problem.

Yes she should have researched before her purchase, but when you research you are just getting info online. If you don't know someone personally that purchased from the company, you may still have that little doubt that wonders if what you have read is true. For instance: I ordered DD some tops that I could not find locally from a company online. I was so excited to find what she wanted in the colors she wanted that I just ordered two without thinking. Then I went back and read reviews. Could not find a good review. Every one I read said they never received the tops nor got their money back. I figured I had lost $40. But, within a few days, both tops came in and both were exactly as they were represented. No issues whatsoever. I would say that you can't believe everything you read online--good or bad.

Based on the information that came out later, it seems she already had the tracking information for her ticket order before even posting here.

Welcome to the DIS. Contrary to what they would like you to believe it's only "friendly" if you agree 100% with the 'prevailing view" As you can see by JanaDee's post.

Personally I used UT once and I agree it was just too much hassle for the small savings!
Doing 5 minutes of research on the internet would have shown the OP UCT is a reputable company, with thousands of satisfied customers, as well as outlining the timeframe for tickets to arrive. Trying to make it seem like UCT is some sort of scam because they didn't reply *immediately* to their questions isn't something that should be encouraged.

They are the #1 recommended company on the DIS for tickets and scores and scores of people have wonderful experiences with them. They are not a scam and the tickets are not fake. They are exceptionally busy right now due to the recent Disney price increase. When prices go up, the 3rd party brokers are very very busy for a few weeks and delivery often takes longer.

I personally haven't heard of them emailing ticket numbers, but maybe they do that - I never asked. I just got Universal tickets from them about 2 weeks ago with no problems at all and have bought Disney tickets from them multiple times in the past.

Their tickets aren't fake, but I had a negative experience with them. I ordered my tix online on a Friday evening, but they placed a hold on my order because I finalized my order before clicking "confirm account" in an email they sent when I created my UT account. When I called the next day, the rep with whom I spoke was incredibly (and very unnecessarily) rude and I ended up canceling my order and getting them from my local AAA office the next day instead. (That actually worked out better because AAA was cheaper.) I don't ever plan to use UT in the future because intentionally bad customer service is something that I won't tolerate. It's great that so many others have had a good experience with them, but I won't give them another chance.

... I agree it was just too much hassle for the small savings! ...
Probably a generic comment about buying anything, here, tickets, on line, waiting for minutes in front of one mostly blank white screen after another showing only a little spinning beach ball, and in hindsight thinking it would have been quicker and more carefree to have gone to a brick and mortar seller en route i.e. the ticket booth between the parking lot and the park entrance.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter