**Faith and Max's 12.22.12 Swan/Garden Grove/ADH Wedding!!** UPDATED 16!!

Your venues look beautiful. If I had been able to have a Disney wedding I would have done it at the Swan/Dolphin too! Just seems like a really good option. Your dress is stunning and it looks fantastic on you - I love the ruffles/layers on the bottom!

I also really like the use of lanterns to decorate. You said your favorite princess was Rapunzel and having lanterns reminds me a lot of the scene in Tangled. I think that's very cool :goodvibes

I'm with you on the Disney dolls - I love the concept art but not crazy about how it actually looks on the dolls. I wish I'd gotten a mug, now my Disney store only has the journals and nail polish left. I love the designs for Belle, Rapunzel, Tiana, and Pocahontas.

Umm I love your post about the buttons!! I had just bought them off of ebay because I didn't want to take any chances once we got down there. I'm not sure how they are going to redesign the buttons either - probably in a way like the Happily ever After buttons, so you don't see any people? Or put a wedding cake or something on the button. But I don't understand why they didn't just take the Happily Ever After design and use that for Just Married! And your collection of I'm Celebrating buttons... I love them all lined up on the bed! Too funny :lmao:

I also agree about the bridal party - I was worried too but we managed not to step on any toes! I was afraid my (half) sister would be offended that I didn't make her MOH, but she was surprised that I even asked her to be a bridesmaid! So it all worked out.

I just found your PJ and I wanted to say I love the locations you picked and all the other details. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful wedding!

I really like the paper lantern idea too! I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but it might look cool to have some sort of light in them, like a LED "candle" or something, so they will "match" the ones in the Garden Grove. I don't know if that would look good or not, but when I looked at the picture I immediately thought it would be cool if it could also have light inside.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful wedding! Can't wait to see the pictures when you post them :goodvibes

Jilian sweetie - Yes, you can more or less chuck whatever you want!! If you remember, our confetti was amixture of rose petals and little paper hearts cut from pages of fvourite books, and we had not problems!!!

Faith sweetie - It is all coming together so well now!!! Loving the outfits!!! Such fun!!
Thanks Jo! :hug:

You can make your own Mickey confetti or you can buy it on etsy. I bought a Mickey head hole punch to make mini mickey heads (I have a castle one too). It will probably take me from now until the ceremony to get enough confetti though!

Joanne, now that you say that I remember it!
Buying a Mickey head hole punch is a great idea!! Where did you get it? Craft store or online?

Good thing you're getting started on making them! :lmao:

Those poppers look fun but I would probably steer clear of glitter. I love the idea of mickeys or castle confetti. Love the safari dress!
The poppers are so fun! Thanks, girl!

I see you on the facebook group all the time so I had to come and check out your PJ! I am so glad I did because I can already tell from this description about yourself that we have a lot in common! My passion is in reading as well - I'm a certified English teacher but currently getting my master's to become a librarian :thumbsup2 I am a huge Harry Potter nerd! :wizard: (and obviously Disney too!) I love scrapbooking, I sing in my car and my house all the time... okay, basically that entire description of you could be applied to me, lol! :lmao:

Anyhow, I am off to read the rest of your PJ :goodvibes
I'm so excited we have so much in common!! I just checked out your PJ and found another similarity-- drama!! DFi and I LOVE the theater!!

We are definitely kindred spirits! :hug:

Your venues look beautiful. If I had been able to have a Disney wedding I would have done it at the Swan/Dolphin too! Just seems like a really good option. Your dress is stunning and it looks fantastic on you - I love the ruffles/layers on the bottom!

I also really like the use of lanterns to decorate. You said your favorite princess was Rapunzel and having lanterns reminds me a lot of the scene in Tangled. I think that's very cool :goodvibes

I'm with you on the Disney dolls - I love the concept art but not crazy about how it actually looks on the dolls. I wish I'd gotten a mug, now my Disney store only has the journals and nail polish left. I love the designs for Belle, Rapunzel, Tiana, and Pocahontas.

Umm I love your post about the buttons!! I had just bought them off of ebay because I didn't want to take any chances once we got down there. I'm not sure how they are going to redesign the buttons either - probably in a way like the Happily ever After buttons, so you don't see any people? Or put a wedding cake or something on the button. But I don't understand why they didn't just take the Happily Ever After design and use that for Just Married! And your collection of I'm Celebrating buttons... I love them all lined up on the bed! Too funny :lmao:

I also agree about the bridal party - I was worried too but we managed not to step on any toes! I was afraid my (half) sister would be offended that I didn't make her MOH, but she was surprised that I even asked her to be a bridesmaid! So it all worked out.
Thanks Becky! The Swan is a really great option-- still on property without breaking the bank. And, thanks about my dress! I LOVE it! :love:

I'm SO happy someone put my subtle Tangled reference together! I love those lanterns and felt even more compelled to include them in the wedding to honor my girl Rapunzel! :rolleyes1

I got the nail polish-- it's fun but it's kind of pricey! I wonder if it will go on sale.. if it does, then I recommend it!

I don't blame you for buying the buttons off eBay- we were going to do the same thing. Aren't the "We're Celebrating" buttons hilarious!! I felt ridiculous carrying them around all day but it's so worth it! :rotfl2:

And, I totally agree- what on Earth are the new Just Married buttons going to be? I can't even think of a design that won't be gender specific.. I guess we'll see!

Glad to hear your bridal party drama worked out!

I'm off to read your wedding information! So glad you found me!

I just found your PJ and I wanted to say I love the locations you picked and all the other details. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful wedding!

I really like the paper lantern idea too! I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but it might look cool to have some sort of light in them, like a LED "candle" or something, so they will "match" the ones in the Garden Grove. I don't know if that would look good or not, but when I looked at the picture I immediately thought it would be cool if it could also have light inside.

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful wedding! Can't wait to see the pictures when you post them :goodvibes

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your sweet comments!

And, what a great idea about the LED lights!!! :worship: I will have to look into that!! THANK YOU!

Happy Monday everyone!

School is coming to a close for me so I'm running around like a chicken with my head chopped off! I'm so ready to be done with this semester but really need the motivation to get my work done.. the DIS is a great distraction.. :rolleyes1

I just wanted to do a little mini-update today!

First order of business... we're going to EPCOT this weekend! :woohoo:
In August we bought the FL resident ticket deal which was a 3 day park ticket for like $120-- a great deal! We went in August and now it's time for our November trip!

Friday
5:30: DFi gets off work. He'll get changed and then we'll hit the road by 6.
6:30-7: stop to eat on the turnpike. I HATE eating on the turnpike but I also morph into a monster when I don't eat at regular dinner time so DFi is insisting that we eat before we get to the World so he doesn't have to ride in the car with a hungry lunatic. :rotfl2: :cool2:
8:30-9: Check in! We're staying at POP Century this trip (saving our DVC points for the wedding!).

We'll probably just go to bed when we get there. We are early risers and like to be at the park for rope drop. So, we'll watch a little TV and hit the sack!

Saturday
EPCOT day!

Like I said, we'll be there for rope drop. We don't plan much past that since we get to Disney pretty frequently and there's no real rush to get things done. We'll take it easy and hit the Food and Wine Festival for lunch.

**Has anyone been to the Food and Wine Festival before? Can you recommend any must try dishes??**

Sunday
Our last day! We like our short trips but it's always sad to go home!

We are going to go to the Festival of the Masters at DTD. We love Disney Artwork so we are REALLY excited about this! :banana:

We'll probably head home after dinner. :sad1:

Cake Possibilities!​
Aside from knowing that I love Disney, DFi, and glitter.. you need to know that I LOVE cake. Seriously. I have an addiction. :cloud9:

We are taking our wedding cake vendor very seriously. Based on the recommendations of another S/D bride (thanks Jo!) we are going to look into It's Tasty, Too!

We also LOVE Publix's cakes. Publix is our local FL grocery store. When we were getting married in SoFla we had a tasting with them and it went great. We just want a really tasty, moist, delicious cake and Publix really delievers. Plus, they're budget friendly.

We aren't sure what kind of design we want. We *think* we want an all white cake. We aren't very traditional but for some reason we both agree that an all white cake with a fun cake topper would be beautiful!

This is our favorite all white cake from Publix. We'd ditch the flowers and the columns so that the layers all sit on each other and add a fun Donald and Daisy cake topper!
WSO32_Simply_Devoted_400.jpg

But, then I was worried-- what if I regret having an all white cake. Is it too boring? Should we do something more fun??

We really like the Mad Hatter/Topsy Turvy cakes but don't want to spend a fortune, nor do we have any good design ideas! Plus, we really want it to look like a wedding cake.

We will also be having dessert thanks to the buffet at the Garden Grove so our guests will be all set on their sweets! Sounds like my kind of wedding.. :rotfl:

So, what does everyone think.. are all-white cakes too boring? Should we opt for something more "fun"? Any suggestions?

I'll do a mini-TR when we get back from EPCOT!

Have a great week!

PS. Has anyone been watching Once Upon a Time on ABC Sunday nights?? I love it! If you're looking for a good fantasy show, I totally recommend it- lots of fun!

Oh I hope you have fun this weekend!! I've never been to the food and wine festival! Plus, I can't drink the wine just yet :P but I'm sure it'd be tons of fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

You know me, I'm totally down with the Publix cake! I know some people might think its a bit 'tacky' or something to get a cake from a grocery store, but they have an amazing bakery with delicious cakes and I think they do an awesome job decorating them! Plus, like you said, there will be desserts at the buffet anyway so most people may opt out of the cake or just have a small slice :)...unlike me who will be having a piece of everything! :laughing: :thumbsup2 I think an all white cake is classic and elegant, and simple enough that it will still look really nice. I LOVE the idea of the Donald and Daisy cake topper!! :goodvibes

OMG I love Once upon a Time!!!! It's so good!!! I'm constantly like gasping and yelling at the television screen though when I watch it lol I get a little crazy. But def one of my fav shows right now!

I agree, I think the all white cake is simple and elegant, you can't look back and think "what was I thinking" :) We are doing white with light pink peonies (sugar) draped down the side. I think your Donald & Daisy topper will give it just a little pop that it needs! ;)

For Food & Wine, we've gone the last several years and try to plan our weeks around it! I'm polish so I'm partial to the pierogi's there, we really usually go for the beer and wine more than food. If you're a wine drinker, I highly suggest trying rosa regale if you haven't yet (in Italy), and if you like sweets (which judging by your love for cakes I assume you do), try "Diva Riesling' in Germany- it's in the wine shop in the back near the Beirgarden Rest. If you don't see it you can ask for it, it's my favorite Riesling by far and for me the only place I can get it! (not one store that sells it in CT!)
Have a great time!!!

Will you take some pics of POP for me??? I've never been or stayed, but we have a block there for our guests. I'd love a mini report on it if you don't mind!! :rolleyes1

I bought my mickey head hole punch here, but it looks like they only have castles right now :( wdw mouse tales store dot com (it kept deleting my link! agh! so I had to type it all cryptic-like, so remove the spaces) The castle hole punch is pretty cool though, I bought that one too.

Have fun at the food & wine fest! We'll be there Saturday too. I've never been either so I have no advice or tips. I did read about some cool mixology classes that they offer though, but I think you have to sign up in advanced and they sell out.

I am a huge fan of Publix and I think that if you already know that you love their cake you should go with them. Their prices are really great and it will leave room for you to splurge on other things. If you love all white then go with that. I think simple is beautiful. If you want to add a little bit of color I think they can add pretty ribbon to the base of each layer to bring some color in. Publix will do whatever you want really.

i use 2 live in miami last yr b4 i move here n philly & i loved shopping at publix :lovestruc they always had what i needed... i like ur inspiration pic of the cake, it looks very tasty :rotfl: white is very elegant i think... have an awesome time at epcot! Pop century is 1 of my fav places 2 stay :cutie:

I looked on the Publix website and they have gorgeous cakes! And great prices, and if they taste good too it seems like an amazing deal. I think I'd stick with classic. We did, and we were really happy about it. It does sound like that's what you want, though it can be hard looking at all of the options out there!

I'm with you on the end of the semester and needing the motivation - I'm in week 8 out of 10 and have absolutely no desire to do any work!

I haven't watched Once Upon a Time yet - the previews looked a little dark for me. Is it scary or creepy? If it's not I definitely want to give it a try!

Oh I hope you have fun this weekend!! I've never been to the food and wine festival! Plus, I can't drink the wine just yet :P but I'm sure it'd be tons of fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

You know me, I'm totally down with the Publix cake! I know some people might think its a bit 'tacky' or something to get a cake from a grocery store, but they have an amazing bakery with delicious cakes and I think they do an awesome job decorating them! Plus, like you said, there will be desserts at the buffet anyway so most people may opt out of the cake or just have a small slice :)...unlike me who will be having a piece of everything! :laughing: :thumbsup2 I think an all white cake is classic and elegant, and simple enough that it will still look really nice. I LOVE the idea of the Donald and Daisy cake topper!! :goodvibes

OMG I love Once upon a Time!!!! It's so good!!! I'm constantly like gasping and yelling at the television screen though when I watch it lol I get a little crazy. But def one of my fav shows right now!
The thing is, I don't think many people will even know the cake is FROM Publix! I think we'll probably just wind up going with them since their cakes are so yummy! Plus, we can get a customized cake that feeds 100 people for like $300! Pretty good price!

Glad to hear you like the all-white!

Isn't Once Upon a Time so good?! At first I didn't like it because I thought it was kind of cheesy and I really don't like Ginnifer Goodwin (bleck!) but the show and Ginnifer are both growing on me now! I can't wait for next week's episode with Cindy!

I agree, I think the all white cake is simple and elegant, you can't look back and think "what was I thinking" :) We are doing white with light pink peonies (sugar) draped down the side. I think your Donald & Daisy topper will give it just a little pop that it needs! ;)

For Food & Wine, we've gone the last several years and try to plan our weeks around it! I'm polish so I'm partial to the pierogi's there, we really usually go for the beer and wine more than food. If you're a wine drinker, I highly suggest trying rosa regale if you haven't yet (in Italy), and if you like sweets (which judging by your love for cakes I assume you do), try "Diva Riesling' in Germany- it's in the wine shop in the back near the Beirgarden Rest. If you don't see it you can ask for it, it's my favorite Riesling by far and for me the only place I can get it! (not one store that sells it in CT!)
Have a great time!!!

Will you take some pics of POP for me??? I've never been or stayed, but we have a block there for our guests. I'd love a mini report on it if you don't mind!! :rolleyes1
Your cake sounds gorgeous! You're right- I don't want to look at my cake pictures years later and wonder what I was thinking! :lmao:

Thanks for the great Food and Wine tips! We are so excited to go and try everything!

And yes! I will take picture of POP and do a mini review for you! I love doing stuff like that!

I bought my mickey head hole punch here, but it looks like they only have castles right now :( wdw mouse tales store dot com (it kept deleting my link! agh! so I had to type it all cryptic-like, so remove the spaces) The castle hole punch is pretty cool though, I bought that one too.

Have fun at the food & wine fest! We'll be there Saturday too. I've never been either so I have no advice or tips. I did read about some cool mixology classes that they offer though, but I think you have to sign up in advanced and they sell out.

I am a huge fan of Publix and I think that if you already know that you love their cake you should go with them. Their prices are really great and it will leave room for you to splurge on other things. If you love all white then go with that. I think simple is beautiful. If you want to add a little bit of color I think they can add pretty ribbon to the base of each layer to bring some color in. Publix will do whatever you want really.
Thanks for the link Jilian! Love your cryptic writing skills1 ;)

I hope we bump into on Saturday! If you see me, say hi! We read about the classes but I'm sure they're already filled up by now. Plus they were kind of pricey! They'd be a lot of fun though! Maybe next year! Are you doing any of the sessions?

Thanks for your thoughts on the Publix cake. You're so right about it leaving room to splurge on other things! We want a very particular cake topper and choosing a Publix cake would free up space in the budget.

Great idea with the ribbon! That is genius! :worship:

i use 2 live in miami last yr b4 i move here n philly & i loved shopping at publix :lovestruc they always had what i needed... i like ur inspiration pic of the cake, it looks very tasty :rotfl: white is very elegant i think... have an awesome time at epcot! Pop century is 1 of my fav places 2 stay :cutie:
Publix is the best grocery store ever! I keep telling DFi that we can't leave Florida because I can't LIVE without Publix. :lmao:

We love POP too! It's a lot of fun. Even though we have DVC I still think that staying at POP and the All-Stars feels more "Disney" to me and is more exciting. Don't know why... :confused3

I looked on the Publix website and they have gorgeous cakes! And great prices, and if they taste good too it seems like an amazing deal. I think I'd stick with classic. We did, and we were really happy about it. It does sound like that's what you want, though it can be hard looking at all of the options out there!

I'm with you on the end of the semester and needing the motivation - I'm in week 8 out of 10 and have absolutely no desire to do any work!

I haven't watched Once Upon a Time yet - the previews looked a little dark for me. Is it scary or creepy? If it's not I definitely want to give it a try!
Hey girl!! I'm glad to hear you are happy with your decision on the cake! I just want it to feel like a wedding cake, you know? But you're right-- it's so hard with all the options out there!!

UGH. The semester is killing me. At least we're in this together! :hug:

And, I don't think Once Upon a Time is scary or creepy at all. My MOH, Liz, who is emoses on here hates scary things but she's watching it! It is a little dark and definitely spins a twist on the fairy tales we know and love. For example, Little Red Riding Hood is skanky. She's the only one that I think really "changed". It's a really fun, puzzling show (created by the writers of LOST). I just love it because it's fantasy and I prefer that to any reality stuff that's on TV!! Give it a shot-- I think they have episodes on the ABC website. If not, they should be easy to find. Let me know what you think!!

Just remember to factor in the fee for cutting and serving. I'm trying to see if the Swan pastry chefs can make me what I want and what the price would be and see what is the better value.

Just remember to factor in the fee for cutting and serving. I'm trying to see if the Swan pastry chefs can make me what I want and what the price would be and see what is the better value.
Ugh, this is the worst part. I'm going to get in contact with them sometime next summer and start hashing out prices.

If our guest count is higher than we expect, it will definitely be cheaper for us to go with the S/D bakery. Karen has assured me that their cakes are awesome so I'm not too worried.

Let me know what you find out when you contact them!

MMM...Publix cakes are my favorite cakes! :thumbsup2

I actually like all white cakes. Sometimes simple can be best! You can always dress it up with the topper and what-not (sounds like you've got it under control already!).

Have fun at Disney, I'm actually getting ready to leave for there right NOW! :lovestruc We are staying through sunday at the Wilderness lodge and I'm so excited! The joys of living a couple hours away!

We aren't planning on doing any of the classes. I think we're gonna wait and head to the F&W fest after our tasting session so we won't be there until around 7 or so. We're gonna do the MK Saturday day. I'm a sucker for seeing the castle! Have fun at the F&W fest!

I like the white wedding cake! Very elegant! ANd I second looking into It's Tasty Too...we loved our grooms cake from there and they're not that expensive.

As for F&W...I've been 3 times so far this year. If you drink, definitely get the Dragonberry Colada from the Caribbean booth. It is soooo good! It's the only thing I'll get multiple time while I'm there! I would also get the cheese soup from Canada. Have Fun!

Hey Faith!! I can't remember if I've posted here or not...

Just wanted to say I love all of your wedding plans. And if you do decide to go with the Mad Hatter design for your cake.. you don't have to come up with the design. You could just tell them things you and your DF like. Then let them come up with the cake. That way you guys will be surprised!

You guys are so cute! Congratulations on your engagement and awesome wedding planning! Hopefully I can locate where I bought those Daisy Duck iron ons for you. ;)

Faith!

I love the cake idea!

I hope food and wine was fun! I know this is late but I SO agree with the soup...

MMM...Publix cakes are my favorite cakes! :thumbsup2

I actually like all white cakes. Sometimes simple can be best! You can always dress it up with the topper and what-not (sounds like you've got it under control already!).

Have fun at Disney, I'm actually getting ready to leave for there right NOW! :lovestruc We are staying through sunday at the Wilderness lodge and I'm so excited! The joys of living a couple hours away!
Aren't Publix cakes delicious! YUM!

Glad to know there is another vote for a white cake..:thumbsup2

We're so lucky to live so close to the World. We are heading up tonight after DFi gets off work. I can't wait!! Have a great trip, girlie!!

We aren't planning on doing any of the classes. I think we're gonna wait and head to the F&W fest after our tasting session so we won't be there until around 7 or so. We're gonna do the MK Saturday day. I'm a sucker for seeing the castle! Have fun at the F&W fest!
I hope you have a great trip, Jilian!! Maybe we'll bump into each other.

Let me know how the tasting goes!

I like the white wedding cake! Very elegant! ANd I second looking into It's Tasty Too...we loved our grooms cake from there and they're not that expensive.

As for F&W...I've been 3 times so far this year. If you drink, definitely get the Dragonberry Colada from the Caribbean booth. It is soooo good! It's the only thing I'll get multiple time while I'm there! I would also get the cheese soup from Canada. Have Fun!
I've heard great things about It's Tasty Too! We are definitely going to go meet with them. They do great work!

We aren't big drinkers but I am so excited to try the Cheese soup from Canada! Everyone on the DIS raves about it so I figure it's definitely a must-do!

Hey Faith!! I can't remember if I've posted here or not...

Just wanted to say I love all of your wedding plans. And if you do decide to go with the Mad Hatter design for your cake.. you don't have to come up with the design. You could just tell them things you and your DF like. Then let them come up with the cake. That way you guys will be surprised!
Hi there!! Thanks so much!

It's a great idea to tell the baker what we like and then be surprised-- that's really fun! Something to consider, something to consider...! Thanks!!

You guys are so cute! Congratulations on your engagement and awesome wedding planning! Hopefully I can locate where I bought those Daisy Duck iron ons for you. ;)
Aww, thanks! Your Daisy shirts were just adorable!! Let me know if you can find them. Thanks again!

Faith!

I love the cake idea!

I hope food and wine was fun! I know this is late but I SO agree with the soup...
You aren't late-- we are leaving today!! We're so excited. Glad another person is recommending the soup-- we definitely will try it!!

I will write a mini-TR when I'm home! Now I'm off to pack and get my hair done for our engagement pictures next week! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Veteran's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter