• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Faith and Max's 12.22.12 Swan/Garden Grove/ADH Wedding!!** UPDATED 16!!

•Love the bridal party pictures, especially the guys, haha!
•If you want to do your own eyes for wedding day, I say do it! However, like Jilian said, I don't think they'll give a discount. On the morning of my wedding, my mommy came over to our getting-ready room and asked one of the Beaute Speciale beauticians if she could help pin up her hair on one side. My mother has pretty short hair and just wanted like a little comb put in and BS said it would be an additional $70. Umm, no thank you! :eek:
•Good luck with the end of school! :thumbsup2

Picking the bridal party is one of the hardest parts, so yea! for getting it done! I say, if you want to do your own eye makeup, do it. You want to look the way YOU want to look, and so what if they don't give any discount, really. It's probably a small price to pay for the peace of mind.

-I think Jessica T. might have been who I had! Well, I had two Jessicas working on me. What does she look like? Dark hair and tanned skin? Regardless, YAY Beaute Speciale!!

-I hope you have better luck with your registry than I did. We got, like, nothing from it!

-Your bridal party is adorable. :) (I lol-ed at the picture of the guys' heads on the pillow.)

-And I'm impressed/proud of your Everest challenge. Go you!

Congrats on selecting a wedding party, it sounds like you picked some fun people!

I'm not sure about the eye question, I'd guess that they won't give you a discount for doing your own eyes.

your timeline sounds good. Leave lots of extra time if you can, we thought we had a ton of time and ended up running late. The more time the better!
Thanks Jilian! I'm thinking there will be no discount for the eyes but I guess that's okay! Glad my timeline looks pretty good given your experience!!

Faith,

What a lovely bridal party, I hope they give you lots of help and no stress! :)

Good luck with the last weeks of college. Can't wait to see your DIY projects over the summer.

Yay for registering! I hope you get some good stuff.

I like the timeline. That's what I am trying to work on before our Planning Session in 4 weeks.

Good luck with the training!

Have a great weekend.
Oh goodness, I hope they are helpful and not stressful too! :lmao:

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get started on my DIY stuff- it's all I can think about!

Can't wait to hear about your PS!

Aww what a sweet bridal party!!!
Have you made any decisions about your floral? Are you sticking with all white?
I have no idea what the heck I'm doing with the floral. I *think* I'm sticking with the all white but my planner told me not to make any decisions yet! Probably good advice for indecisive brides like myself! :rolleyes1

•Love the bridal party pictures, especially the guys, haha!
•If you want to do your own eyes for wedding day, I say do it! However, like Jilian said, I don't think they'll give a discount. On the morning of my wedding, my mommy came over to our getting-ready room and asked one of the Beaute Speciale beauticians if she could help pin up her hair on one side. My mother has pretty short hair and just wanted like a little comb put in and BS said it would be an additional $70. Umm, no thank you! :eek:
•Good luck with the end of school! :thumbsup2
Geez, $70!! :eek: They sure are pricey! I think I may do my own eyes regardless. I really just want the airbrush. I guess I'll just eat the rest of the money for peace of mind!

Thanks so much!!

Picking the bridal party is one of the hardest parts, so yea! for getting it done! I say, if you want to do your own eye makeup, do it. You want to look the way YOU want to look, and so what if they don't give any discount, really. It's probably a small price to pay for the peace of mind.
Thank you! Your post encouraged me to just do my own eyes regardless! I appreciate it!!

-I think Jessica T. might have been who I had! Well, I had two Jessicas working on me. What does she look like? Dark hair and tanned skin? Regardless, YAY Beaute Speciale!!

-I hope you have better luck with your registry than I did. We got, like, nothing from it!

-Your bridal party is adorable. :) (I lol-ed at the picture of the guys' heads on the pillow.)

-And I'm impressed/proud of your Everest challenge. Go you!
Yes! That sounds just like Jessica! Apparently there are two Jessicas so it sounds like you got the double whammy of Jessicas! :lmao:

You guys didn't get much off your registry? UGH, that's what I'm worried about! It was such a hassle to register-- I hope we get a few things!

LOL- our friends are nuts. No controlling them and there are certainly no explanations for our photos.. :rolleyes1

Thanks love!! :hug:

Congrats on school! And your practicum, that's such a huge step :banana:

I'm going with Beaute Speciale as well, I think you can't go wrong with them! Especially since you had such a great hair trial, they are going to be excellent! If you want to do your own eyes, I say go for it. I agree that they will likely charge you the same price but it sounds like it would be worth it to you.

Yay on your wedding party selections! I'm sure everyone felt very honored to be included!

Your timeline looks really good (I made some notes!) I still haven't firmed mine up yet, so you're way ahead of me!

Go team dogbone! How about two matching shirts like this?

Pink dogbone

or

Blue dogbones

Very happy you decided to add the bridal party. You will be so happy with such great friends by your side.

That cardboard cut-out picture in the bed is HILARIOUS and now I am even more sure you will be super happy to have them along for the ride. So funny. :lmao:

Awesome bridal party! They sound like so much fun. And I had fun registering too - though Jason expressed absolutely no interest in it so I picked out everything myself and just let him approve it!

Good luck with student teaching! I know it's tiring but it sounds like you're going to be a really great teacher :goodvibes

Fab updat Faith :D

Love your bridal party, you look like your going to have such a ball with them helping you through your big day!

I'm hoping to book Beaute as well, only heard good things about them, and will probably go airbrush as well so can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Good luck with the last 5 weeks of school, bring on those summer holidays!! xx

I'm so glad you chose your wedding party! I'm a firm believer in the more the merrier (within reason) when it comes to this as long as you've carefully chosen the people. They will make your wedding day that much more special!

Yay for Expedition Everest Challenge! I've been doing a Couch to 5k program that worked like a charm so I am so ready to go! Our team name is something like "H.O.T. Princesses." (we don't think we're hot, H.O.T. stands for Houswives of Tallahassee, lol) Maybe I'll see you there.

That's so exciting that you're about to start your student teaching! I did mine at Cypress Bay High School in Weston and it was absolutely the best educational experience of my college career. Nothing like basically being a full time teacher with no pay! Lol. But seriously, I hope you love it!

So I am sorry for not posting as much lately. I went back and re-read some stuff. I tend to miss things. Anywho...Your second hair trial was WAY better. You look great, they did a nice job. That race with the tutus...hahaha wow...you girls are too funny. And Snow White was looking a little different than usual. Hmmmm :)

Each and every one of those flower pics is gorgeous, it's hard to choose one really. I can't decide between them. Those colors are soooo pretty.

Well, sorry again for being kinda MIA but glad to see everything going well. Be back sooon! xoxo.

That's great that u decided on wedding party! I think it will make it a bit more fun :goodvibes YAY for almost being done school!! :cool1: It will feel like a load of bricks lifted off your shoulders... Can't wait to see your DIY projects! popcorn::

Hi:wave2: I think this is the first time posting on here but I've been following along! Loved the pics of the bridal party! Can't wait to read more!

Hey ladies!
It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve updated my PJ! But, I’m back with a mini-update!

We have bridal shower plans, people!

My beautiful MOH, Liz, and my mom are planning my bridal shower! I know your mom isn’t supposed to help but my mom was really excited and I like for her to be involved so we threw tradition to the wind!

They are throwing me an Alice in Wonderland themed shower!! I’m so excited! :hyper: The date will be August 4th so I won’t have to worry about it during the school year.

My only requirement was that it be brunch. I freakin’ LOVE breakfast food and jump at any excuse to have it! So, a menu was settled on:

Juice
Orange and Cranberry

Bakery
Breakfast Breads, Croissants, Pastries and Bagels
Sweet Butter, Cream Cheese and Preserves

Seasonal Fruits
Sliced Melons and Berries

From Silver Chafing Dishes
French Toast with Warm Pecan Maple Syrup
Farm Fresh Scrambled Eggs
Smoked Bacon
Breakfast Sausage Links
Red Bliss Breakfast Potatoes
Westchester Selection of Coffee and Tea​

The shower is at the country club and the food is pretty tasty. I’m already pumped about that French toast! MMM!!

My MOH, Liz, is a busy girl (finishing up her BS this May then off to get her PhD in the Fall) so she doesn’t have much time to do much planning as we get closer to the date. She and my mom have been super productive and already ordered my invites and a few other paper goods. They’ve already started collecting centerpiece items too! I’m telling you, they’re quite impressive!

Here are the paper goods. Aren’t they ADORABLE?! I’m obsessed!!:
faithfinal.jpg

aliceeatmehighres.jpg

alicebuffettags.jpg

Since we are now officially doing the Alice theme, I bought myself an Alice inspired dress today. It was only $48 from Nordstrom!:

_6829507.jpg

I’m so so excited for the shower! I know these next few months are going to fly by. I can’t believe it’s almost May!

More random bits of wedding news:
-My girls have made some hair decisions! So far, 2 out of 4 girls are getting their hair done by Beaute Speciale. My mom is also getting her hair done. Can’t wait to see how extra gorgeous everyone looks!

-After finals I’m going to start my DIY projects! Hooray!

-We’re pretty sure we’re going to add red to our color scheme. We just love how fresh and modern aqua and red look together! I promise it’s prettier than you think—go Google! ;) When we make a final decision I’ll be sure to update!

And finally, Pookie and I are running the Expedition Everest Challenge May 5th! We’re working on matching t-shirts and finalizing our plans. I will post when we get a bit closer to the day!

Thanks for reading along girls! :hug:

I can definitely relate to the severe allergies (allergic to dust, every kind of flower, grass, & trees--spring is NOT my friend!) & also the IBS =\ IBS definitely sucks.... Both DF & I have forms of it (along with his whole family actually!) We can relate...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Your shower invites! They are so friggin' adorable! :lovestruc I didn't have a bridal shower (since our wedding is more like an extended elopement) I kinda wanna steal these invites for a potential baby shower in the future ;)

Love that dress too! Royal blue is one of my fav colors :D Can't wait to read about your DIY projects :goodvibes G'luck with finals!

oooft sorry to hear about the health issues! had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago and it was a doozy. My parents even came to take care of me. (pre DF) Big hugs to Max! I'm sure you'll be a great nurse.

I LOOOOVE your bridal shower ideas! That dress is going to match perfectly and those invites are to die for! So stinkin cute!

Glad you're almost done with finals, you can pull through I know it! :goodvibes

And I say totally add the red. The colors are totally fresh and modern and will go great together. You've got great plans and it's getting all firmed up!:cool1:

Faith,

Sorry about the allergies. That stinks. Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck with finishing up school. You must be relieved to be getting to the end.

Best of luck to Max on the wisdom teeth. I hope they give him good drugs. :)

Love the shower theme and the invite is amazing!!! Can't wait to see more. I drove by Westchester so many times when I lived at Quail Ridge, but never been inside. I have heard great things though.

Good luck finishing up all your school work!

Faith, I have been a lurker reading your PJ for some time. All of your plans sound great. I love your Alice themed bridal shower...cute, cute, cute!!!

Hey! Your shower looks adorable! I LOVE those invites! And the dress! And I've never heard that your mom isn't supposed to throw you a shower..my mom and my matron of honor through mine at Disney and my parents paid for it! I can't wait to see more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter