**Faith and Max's 12.22.12 Swan/Garden Grove/ADH Wedding!!** UPDATED 16!!

I LOVE the pick of u & pookie flying in space! It made me laugh :rotfl2: u guys had an awesome time :goodvibes they did a great job with ur hair, I love it :love:

It looks like you had a great time! I would really love to try doing a Disney run someday. You looked adorable in your tutu!

Your hair trial looks fantastic. Much better than the last one! I love how they did your hair in the front.

And I'm with you... I am really not a fan of stitch either! I know a lot of people love him but I steer clear when I can, lol.

Love your TR. Looks like you had so much fun!

I would love to do a race but I'm so unfit and I can't run. I fall over my own feet :laughing:

I absolutely love your hair, Jessica did a great job. It really suits you.

Sorry to hear about your Dads office being broken into, thats awful. Sad that people would do that and incredible maddening. :mad:

xx

Faith,

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend. Love the tutus!!

Your hair turned out gorgeous!! So much better than Mandara. Love all the curls. :lovestruc

Sorry about Dad's office, but glad nothing was taken.

Good luck with Everest race! Are you doing the Wine & Dine? That's the weekend of our VR and was curious.

I just loved your recent TR! You and your mom are precious in those outfits.

Thanks for the info on the compression stockings, I am always wanting to find some that don't look like grandpa socks, I had never heard of that brand.

Your hair looks gorgeous! It frames your face perfectly.

Oh, wow! What a great update! You looked absolutely adorable for the race. I'm also really jealous that Pretty Belle was out: why couldn't I have met HER on marathon day?!?!

Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! So pretty. :love:

And don't say such things about Kidani: I am staying there soon! :)

You and your mom are so cute Faith! Looks like you had a great time in the race! I wish we lived closer so we could do things like that- maybe after the wedding we'll try to plan a trip during a race!

I'm with Michelle, you and Pookie in space cracked me up!! :lmao:

The hair trial looks great! Did it last long I hope? I remember yours from Mandara fell out so quick :( I really love the curls, it looks so pretty!

~Yay for the race!!
~ The expos are always crazy and so much fun! I was hoping to get one of the Dooney & Burke purses but I had to work so we didn't get there til 4 and they were long gone
~We saw Jeff Galloway too! So neat, especially since we'll be using his Tower of Terror 10 miler training program
~Isn't that shoe the coolest!
~You'll have to let me know about the compression socks. I get really bad shin splints too and I didn't even know they made something like this!
~I love your tutus! My friend won't wear them BUT she asked a person at the race how she made hers and she's now figured out how to make them, so I think I've convinced her to make tutus for the half marathon we are gonna do next year!
~ The DJ was my wedding DJ! We went up to thank him again (since I never got to that night) but he obviously didn't remember me because a couple of minutes later, he asked over the loudspeaker "Would my bride come back up?" so we went back up and he asked what our date had been. Oops!
~ Aren't the characters great!! This is the first time we've stopped for them. Oh, and I never pay attention to the time Disney puts up since they don't count when you actually cross the starting line. My friend and I use an app called RunKeeper. This time she kept it running the whole time so we could see how long it took us including the stops, but I paused mine every time we stopped to take pictures so we could get an accurate time
~And I liked the food this time! Normally they just give you an orange, banana, and plain bagel so I was excited to get the hummus, crackers, chocolate, roasted edamame, and trail mix!
~I am so jealous of your pic with Remy! He's one of the characters I still need!
~Your hair trial turned out GORGEOUS!! So glad you liked them!
~And we are signed up for Everest too! What is your team name? Our is Chicks with Altitude

You and your mom were so cute in your tutus and racing gear! It sounds like a lot of fun. I really need to get my butt in gear to do next year's race.

Your hair looks great, I'm glad your second trial was better. I still can't believe how awful your first one was. The beaute speciale girls are really good at making hair stay, I'm pretty sure mine would have stayed put for a week if I left it in.

Sorry to hear about your dad's office, that is awful! I'm glad they at least didn't take anything, but still...ugh.

Congratulations on finishing the race with your mum! Plus i love your tutu's hehe !! Thats a very cool that you got to meet some of the characters along the way. I would love to do a run at Disney one day, it looks like the atmosphere would be amazing!

Your hair trial looks so beautiful, i think I'm going to go with them as well, as glad to see that you were really happy with them.

I'm really sorry to hear that your dad's store got broken into, what an awful way to finish a really great weekend. Im glad to hear though nothing got stolen.

Oh my gosh I love all of the pictures!! You ladies did wonderful and I am so glad you loved it...we will do a Disney race together one day!! :goodvibes I know those races do get bottlenecked, I am sure you improved your time, Disney races are meant for distractions with characters too :rotfl:

I love that you ran in tutus, so cute!!

Chefs is one of our favorites for lunch...and how can you beat Remy!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair for the wedding as you know!! I just think it looks so romantic and pretty :cutie:

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's office, that is no way to end any day!!! Im glad they didn't take anything even though its frustrating!

Well Done :worship:
Thank you Claire! It's not quite as impressive as a Half or Full but we were still proud!

Your race looked like so much fun! I am dying to run a Disney race, but it will probably have to wait until after the wedding.

Your trail run for your hair is so cute!! It looks really pretty.
Run one! They are so so much fun!

And thank you!

Great update, Faith! That race looks like so much fun, I hope I can make it out to do one some day myself : )

You and your Mom looked so adorable in those tutus! I would have been totally distracted with all the characters and Disney stuff too, what a fun way to race! And fireworks? wowser. Doesn't get much better.

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!! :lovestruc I'm using Beaute as well, so I'm really happy to see that they continue to deliver a great product. (especially since I won't be able to do a trial myself) It really looks perfect on you!! The curls in the back look amazing. Really great.

Sorry about the break in!! They are so devastating and frustrating. That really sucks.

Glad it was a great trip overall!
Yeah, Disney makes running really magical. I definitely cried when the fireworks went off!

Thank you! I was thrilled with Beaute Speciale! They did an amazing job! No worries!

You and your mom are just so cute! The races look so fun; I know I could never run them, but maybe walking one day! Is there a time allotment?

I'm so glad the hair trial went much better this time! They did such a great job. :goodvibes
Thanks girl! I never thought I could run until I started the Couch to 5k Program-- really works wonders! I still run/walk the whole way though. There were plenty of walkers! You just have to maintain a 16min/per mile pace but Disney is pretty nice and won't "sweep" you if you aren't for the 5ks.

And thank you! Much better than last time, lol!

I always love reading your TRs! I'm so glad the race was fun! I can't wait for the Everest Challenge, maybe I'll see you there!

I'm so sorry about the break in. That's great nothing was stollen though! In college my computer was stollen and it was awful!

For our site vist trip DF and I are staying at POR. I wasn't planning on it but maybe we'll have to check out Boatwrights since you liked it. :)

OH! And the hair is gorgeous! So glad you're happy with it!
What is your Team Name for Everest? There is a Facebook page for it if you're interested!!

Ugh, I can't imagine how terrible it would be to have your PC stolen! UGH!

POR was just beautiful and I am obsessed with Boatwrights-- if you have no dining plans one day, check it out!

And thank you!

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I want to do one so badly! Nick is really into running and I just can't get into it. Hopefully after the wedding I have more time to train lol.

That totally sucks about your dad's office! At least everyone and everything is ok!

I LOVE your hair! It really suits you! Can't wait to see it all put together with the dress and everything!

Looking forward to reading more!
You two should totally run one together! I'm trying to convince DFi but he hates running. Party pooper.. :rolleyes1

Thank you so much! I can't wait to put it all together!

I LOVE the pick of u & pookie flying in space! It made me laugh :rotfl2: u guys had an awesome time :goodvibes they did a great job with ur hair, I love it :love:
:rotfl: Thanks girl!
It looks like you had a great time! I would really love to try doing a Disney run someday. You looked adorable in your tutu!

Your hair trial looks fantastic. Much better than the last one! I love how they did your hair in the front.

And I'm with you... I am really not a fan of stitch either! I know a lot of people love him but I steer clear when I can, lol.
Thanks hun!! You should totally do one! Try a 5k and you'll be hooked!

Thank you! And, I'm so glad I'm not the only Stitch hater. I just think he is obnoxious... :confused3

Love your TR. Looks like you had so much fun!

I would love to do a race but I'm so unfit and I can't run. I fall over my own feet :laughing:

I absolutely love your hair, Jessica did a great job. It really suits you.

Sorry to hear about your Dads office being broken into, thats awful. Sad that people would do that and incredible maddening. :mad:

xx
We did have a blast! Thank you! Oh, and you can do it! Try googling the Couch to 5k plan.. I promise you can do it!

Thanks thank thanks!

Faith,

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend. Love the tutus!!

Your hair turned out gorgeous!! So much better than Mandara. Love all the curls. :lovestruc

Sorry about Dad's office, but glad nothing was taken.

Good luck with Everest race! Are you doing the Wine & Dine? That's the weekend of our VR and was curious.
Thanks Bethie! We aren't running the Wine and Dine I don't think... but I'd love to! It could change depending on whether or not I can convince DFi!

I just loved your recent TR! You and your mom are precious in those outfits.

Thanks for the info on the compression stockings, I am always wanting to find some that don't look like grandpa socks, I had never heard of that brand.

Your hair looks gorgeous! It frames your face perfectly.
Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Zensah compression sleeves have worked wonders for me.. I LOVE them. Totally recommend them to everyone!

Oh, wow! What a great update! You looked absolutely adorable for the race. I'm also really jealous that Pretty Belle was out: why couldn't I have met HER on marathon day?!?!

Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! So pretty. :love:

And don't say such things about Kidani: I am staying there soon! :)
Thank you girl! Yeah, I was surprised, Belle was really pretty!! Sometimes the Princesses look scary... lol.

Don't worry-- you'll love it! It just requires a little extra planning for getting food! I get grumpy when I'm hungry so Kidani and I aren't a good match, lol.

You and your mom are so cute Faith! Looks like you had a great time in the race! I wish we lived closer so we could do things like that- maybe after the wedding we'll try to plan a trip during a race!

I'm with Michelle, you and Pookie in space cracked me up!! :lmao:

The hair trial looks great! Did it last long I hope? I remember yours from Mandara fell out so quick :( I really love the curls, it looks so pretty!
Thanks Tricia! Totally run one-- they're a blast!

My hair lasted at LEAST 7 hours before I took it out because I wanted to lay down (lol). I was so so so happy!

~Yay for the race!!
~ The expos are always crazy and so much fun! I was hoping to get one of the Dooney & Burke purses but I had to work so we didn't get there til 4 and they were long gone
~We saw Jeff Galloway too! So neat, especially since we'll be using his Tower of Terror 10 miler training program
~Isn't that shoe the coolest!
~You'll have to let me know about the compression socks. I get really bad shin splints too and I didn't even know they made something like this!
~I love your tutus! My friend won't wear them BUT she asked a person at the race how she made hers and she's now figured out how to make them, so I think I've convinced her to make tutus for the half marathon we are gonna do next year!
~ The DJ was my wedding DJ! We went up to thank him again (since I never got to that night) but he obviously didn't remember me because a couple of minutes later, he asked over the loudspeaker "Would my bride come back up?" so we went back up and he asked what our date had been. Oops!
~ Aren't the characters great!! This is the first time we've stopped for them. Oh, and I never pay attention to the time Disney puts up since they don't count when you actually cross the starting line. My friend and I use an app called RunKeeper. This time she kept it running the whole time so we could see how long it took us including the stops, but I paused mine every time we stopped to take pictures so we could get an accurate time
~And I liked the food this time! Normally they just give you an orange, banana, and plain bagel so I was excited to get the hummus, crackers, chocolate, roasted edamame, and trail mix!
~I am so jealous of your pic with Remy! He's one of the characters I still need!
~Your hair trial turned out GORGEOUS!! So glad you liked them!
~And we are signed up for Everest too! What is your team name? Our is Chicks with Altitude
I totally missed the Dooneys!! I wish I had seen them!

Jeff is the best.. so sweet and so inspiring! I'm so excited you're doing the Tower 10k.. I'm too scared to leave my safe, happy 5ks! :laughing:

I LOVED the Zensah compression sleeves. They're AMAZING. Go buy a pair!

Woohoo for tutus next year!

OMG, really?! He was a pretty good DJ!

Thanks for the tip on RunKeeper! I was so mad when I saw those stupid times, haha.

And Remy is my favorite.. I always have to see him when we're at EPCOT.

Your team name is SO cute! Ours is Team DOG BONE. Why? No clue! My dad and I were talking about it on the way back to the resort after the Royal Family and it just stuck!! Hope to run into you there!

You and your mom were so cute in your tutus and racing gear! It sounds like a lot of fun. I really need to get my butt in gear to do next year's race.

Your hair looks great, I'm glad your second trial was better. I still can't believe how awful your first one was. The beaute speciale girls are really good at making hair stay, I'm pretty sure mine would have stayed put for a week if I left it in.

Sorry to hear about your dad's office, that is awful! I'm glad they at least didn't take anything, but still...ugh.
Thanks Jilian! Definitely run a Disney race.. they are so magical!

Yeah, Mandara was terrible but Beaute Speciale exceeded my expectations! Love them!!

The race looks so fun! Love your hair trial!!!
Thanks Gina!!

Congratulations on finishing the race with your mum! Plus i love your tutu's hehe !! Thats a very cool that you got to meet some of the characters along the way. I would love to do a run at Disney one day, it looks like the atmosphere would be amazing!

Your hair trial looks so beautiful, i think I'm going to go with them as well, as glad to see that you were really happy with them.

I'm really sorry to hear that your dad's store got broken into, what an awful way to finish a really great weekend. Im glad to hear though nothing got stolen.
Thank you!! Seeing the characters is so fun!

Beaute Speciale is the best-- I recommend them highly!!

Good job on the race and fantastic outfits! Hope things turn outsell with your dad's office. Your hair looked great!
Thank you!!

Oh my gosh I love all of the pictures!! You ladies did wonderful and I am so glad you loved it...we will do a Disney race together one day!! :goodvibes I know those races do get bottlenecked, I am sure you improved your time, Disney races are meant for distractions with characters too :rotfl:

I love that you ran in tutus, so cute!!

Chefs is one of our favorites for lunch...and how can you beat Remy!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair for the wedding as you know!! I just think it looks so romantic and pretty :cutie:

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's office, that is no way to end any day!!! Im glad they didn't take anything even though its frustrating!
Hey girlie! Thank you!! We ARE doing a Disney race together one day!

Thanks for being so wonderful about my hair-- I'm so excited to see it all come together. And, you have nothing to worry about.. Beaute Speciale is the best! :hug:

Hello lovelies!
So, I have a few minor wedding updates/changes to share with you! This is a baby update so don’t get too excited! ;)

1. Colors
We decided we’re going to ditch the coral from our color scheme. This will leave us with turquoise and white! I’m hoping this will look modern and crisp but still elegant! Now, everything will revolve around these two colors!

2. Floral
Since we are leaving the coral behind, we are doing all white flowers. I don’t think we’re going to limit ourselves to just roses anymore but I don’t exactly know what I want. I think I’m going to tell our planner that we want a mix of white flowers and let the florist be artistic!

3. Our cake
There is coral on our cake and now we are trying to decide if we should switch the coral bits to silver or if we should just leave it the way it is? It would still look pretty with the coral..THOUGHTS?

4. Wedding Party
We are considering having a larger wedding party. Right now we are just having a MOH and a Best Man. DFi and I were thinking that having more people up there with us might be more fun for us all. We share 5 really good guy friends and I’d love for them to be up there with us!

My only issue is this: Max and I may not have matching sides number wise. Should we still go for it?

What does everyone think about expanding our bridal party? I’d love for everyone to be up there but I KNOW that bridal parties can bring the drama!!

5. Music Decisions
Right now we have a solo violinist for our ceremony but now I’m worried that it’s going to sound hollow and sad without another musician or another type of musician. We are expecting about 40-60 people and our ceremony site is a decent size.

We’re considering a keyboardist but that seems so 80s to me :laughing: Anyone care to share their thoughts??

6. We’re registering on March 23rd! DFi is taking off that day since we’re seeing the Hunger Games at midnight and we figured we’d might as well register then! I think we’re going to register at Kohl’s and Macy’s. We picked these two places because they’re all around the country, coupons are available and there should be something for every price range!

7. Still on the hunt for awesome favors… Pinterest has been a great source of inspiration but I’m still indecisive.. know I have time but still!

I think that’s about it! I’d appreciate some feedback!! Thanks everyone!

Hi there!
Turquoise and white sounds great and I think all white flowers will look really pretty! You don't necessarily need coral as one of your prime colors but it would probably be pretty to have splashes of it! I really like silver too, I think either would look really nice! With the cake it depends what you're looking for, most of my stuff is simple in my plans, just the vibe I am going for to be understated. I think this is definitely your personality here! :goodvibes

We have a big wedding party and I think it's great! Our sides don't match either (I have 8 and he has 5) but we weren't going to add in people just to make it even, or have to cut someone we wanted either. They CAN bring drama, but it depends on who you're asking, if you know theyre normally drama and you love them anyway, well hey... you chose them. :rotfl: If you've talked to them about the wedding already and they already know the lay of the day, if theyre allowed to bring a date etc, then I think you'll be good! And probably at this point since you haven't asked, they probably assume they're not in... so asking them now they'll probably be super excited to even be asked. I say go for it!!

We have a solo guitarist and I don't think it will seem out of place. I think a solo violinist will be really nice. The sound is very timeless, and I think your guests will appreciate it. I'm sure if you added a keyboard they would work together, but I think the violinist by itself would definitely work!

YAY for registering!! I did all of mine online, so no scanner guns for me! :laughing: Bed Bath & Beyond is a good one for coupons too!

Do you have any ideas what type of favors you wanted to give? :)

Good morning Faith! You've been busy!

1. colors: I love the new color scheme. I'm not a big fan of coral but turquoise and white are really nice together.

2. floral: I think all qhite bouquets are really timeless and elegant. Nice choice!

3. cake: I'd ditch the coral because it might seem out of place. I love silver! It really depends on how much coral you have too, is it a ton or just a tiny bit?

4. wedding party: I'm really anti-wedding party myself. I've been married once before and had a really big wedding with a 10 person wedding party. The people were not dramatic people but drama happened. People didn't agree on bridesmaid dresses, people got sick, people backed out and we ended up with 6 guys and 4 girls, it just made for more stress all around. BUT, it was nice to have those people to share things with. We're only a VR but because of our desire for no stress we decided on no wedding party. When we had 2 extra guys I just had 2 of my girls escorted down the aisle by 2 guys. For the bridal party dance I had everyone dance with their dates.

5. Music! I had the same thought. I initially had only a violinist booked. When I listened to the samples here: http://www.jenniemusic.com/demo.html it helped me to pick a second musician and I went with a guitarist too. Some people do guitar with violin, some do flute, some do piano/keyboard, whatever you want! You tube is pretty great at helping you decide. Do a search for the songs you want with the musicians you want and you'll get to hear what is sounds like.

6. Have fun registering! Good choices. How sweet that you've chosen places with good coupons and prices, you are so thoughtful! Have fun seeing your midnight movie too.

7. Favors. Hmmmm. We're doing picture holders that will double as placecard holders and those are our favors. Have you seen the M&Ms that can be personalized? They are really cute and you can pick your own colors. We almost did them. There are so many really cute candy holders for favors out there too, I get some wedding catalog in the mail all the time that has a ton of them - I think it is oriental trading for weddings or something like that. Michaels has lots of cute ideas too. Are you looking for traditional favors, something unique or something Disney?

All of your plans sound great so far, I think your wedding is going to look really modern and fun!

I like the white and turquoise together. A classy and fun combination. And adding the silver on the cake would be a really pretty touch.

As for the uneven wedding party, go for it! Our lack of symmetry bothered me for a bit, but after a while, I realized it's more important to have the people that really mean the world to you up there rather than just have 'fillers' to make the numbers even. They're going to be in these pictures forever, and you don't want to look back and feel "ugh, I can't stand their face" or something to that extent. :lmao:

I like Jillian's mention of the M&M's... those could be done in turquoise and white, and you could probably find some cute containers at Michael's or.. someplace else. (Sorry, it's early and my mind isn't fully functioning yet!)

Ok here we go!

1. I am glad that you are ditching the coral. I don't really like it as a color and I think your colors will be more timeless this way and I don't see coral when I look at you I see turquoise!

2. So for floral white is good especially with your colors but I would think maybe hints of turquoise in the flowers would be nice. As far was flowers go maybe go with some flowers of different shapes to give some dynamics to your bouquet. Freesia is nice, magnolia, calla lilies maybe, roses, white anemones, gerber daisies (my favorite), stephanotis, hydrangeas, lily of the valley, ranunculus and other flowers that will give it depth and and dimension. Maybe add in some extra greenery fluff to also give it that dynamic.

3. I like the silver idea but if you were going to do that I would try and tie in some silver in your floral maybe with some silver deco wire somewhere.

4. There are pros and cons to increasing your bridal party. I like the smaller bridal party idea but that is just me. also it does not have to be the same on either side. I would gladly be a bridesmaid! :)

5. I commented on music on the Swan and Dolphin page so check that out there because I don't want to type it again...i am lazy

6. HOORAY for registering. We are just doing a honeymoon registry i think your place of choice are great and I also think bed bath and beyond and target are great places too. I can't wait to see what cool things you get.

7. you could have my favor idea from when I was getting married in december. I was going to get ornament balls in the wedding colors and paint our names and the wedding date on them and maybe a little design then put them in little box and set them on the reception tables.

Ok hope this helps

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter