Fairytale Vacation Package - here's what I got

WWC

Earning My Ears
Having kept my eye on Mousesavers.com for the past few weeks, I was disappointed to see that no new "resort only" codes had been released and had resigned myself to the idea that I'd have to use a AAA or AP code (and thus likely have to buy an AP). Mary Waring's comments about the new package intrigued me, although I've always been anti-package when it comes to saving money at WDW. I've had great luck on my past two trips with published codes and with buying Park Hopper passes from a reliable wholesaler in Orlando instead of directly from WDW.

After several calls to CRO/WDW Travel and a thorough read of Mary's article on Mousesavers, I booked 7 nights in late July at the Grand Floridian in a standard lagoon view room along with 7-night/8-day UPH passes for two adults. The total (with tax) comes to $2355.59. At rack rates, the same package would cost $3853 assuming advance purchase of the Park Hoppers. Room only for 7 nights at the AP rate would be $2458 plus the cost of an AP and any other needed passes. Room only for 7 nights with a AAA rate would be $2654 plus passes. I've crunched these numbers at least half a dozen different ways, and I can't figure out a better deal at the present time. Share your thoughts and experiences with me, and let me know what you think. I'll post this thread on the resorts board as well.

Sounds really good. I would LOVE to hear some other's packages. I have wondered what a package at Wilderness Lodge for 2 adults and 2 kids would cost (although we are already booked in September and probably can swing another trip).
DJ

I have a Fairytale package at WL, woods view, for the second week of July for 2 adults and 2 children at $1975.

ok here's my quote is this any good??

Old Key West 2 bedroom villa for 7 days in August plus UPH's for 6 adults ( at least by Disney standards) and 1 kid for $3,980.71

It seems like a lot but I've never looked into a 2 bedroom villa at OKW. Could I do better renting points? dates 8/22 to 8/29

I booked Fairytale 7 nights, for Poly GV for 2 adults 2 kids, 1 baby. I paid $2329 for mid July. I have just upgraded to Concierge for another $400. It made sense, I was going to rent a refrigerator for the week ($70) So for $330 split into 8 days, a family of 5 is getting breakfast, water bottles, drinks cookies, candies, Hors douvres around dinner time and dessert and cordials at night, not to mention Concierge help in gettting PS's - for $31 a daY!!! My husband is yelling at me for blowing our whole tax refund, but he'll be thanking me when we get there. We were originally going to go with the $1770 Coronado Springs, but the monorail was a deciding factor for me. I have a double stroller and the thought of taking 2 tired kids out of the stroller to fold it up and board the bus seemed crazy at this time in our lives. In a few years, I'm looking to save money at value and moderate resorts, but with a 2, 4 and 7 year old, the monorail is going to be key.

I crunched the numbers and the very best deal for me was the Fairytale pkge. We booked CBR- Oct 5-12/03 (REG. season) 2adults, 1Jr.(12) 1C(8), 8UPH= $1691.03 . For me this was $230. less that the Canadian Par Hotel rate (CDN only) + 7php and $400 cheaper than AP rates (1child AP & 3A 7php).

westjones-Your Sept trip are you already booked on the FT pkge?

No my September trip is on my DVC points. I am just 'dreaming' here to even think we could go twice. We can't. We can't afford the money or the time. We have a wonderful trip booked for September (part at WDW and part on the Disney Cruise). I was just curious.

This package sounds like a great deal though. I am just wishing we could go during the summer, but only 4 more months and we will be there!

DJ

WWC--as I posted before on the Resort board, you got a great deal with the Fairytale package! I just wanted to share my deal with the budget board:

6 days at AKL, std. view for two adults (August 5-10): $1506.00 (no airfare)
I got a better deal booking airfare by myself: $188.00 per person through continental!

Originally posted by gumdrop
WWC--as I posted before on the Resort board, you got a great deal with the Fairytale package! I just wanted to share my deal with the budget board:

6 days at AKL, std. view for two adults (August 5-10): $1506.00 (no airfare)
I got a better deal booking airfare by myself: $188.00 per person through continental!

Isn't it the same price for 7 days as it is for 6 with the Fairytale package? Just curious, but have you checked into staying the extra day or is there a reason you can only do 6?

Yes, it is the same price for 7 days and I could totally kick myself! What happened was we saw the good price for the airfare and booked that months ago, then the FTP came out. There are so many fee penalties for the ticket changes that it just wouldn't be worth it for us to change them. It's just our luck for that to happen! Also, though we are very, very excited to go on our honeymoon, we bought a house back in december and my fiance decided to renovate the entire thing :rolleyes: we are HOPING that it will be done by our wedding, August 3. If not, I know it will be a big weight on his shoulders during the whole trip. He was really set on no honeymoon at all because he really wants to get the house done, but I convinced him :) So we agreed on a length on six days ( A full week away from the house would make him nuts ;) ), booked the airfare, and prayed that codes would come out. Instead, the FTP came along and now we're stuck knowing we could have had a free day.

Will you be there around the same time as us (8/5-8/10)? I see from your timer that we have about the same amount of days left!

FTP @ ASMovies (2 rooms) for 3 AD and 3 Children (4, 6, & 8) for $2108 from Sept. 20-27

Terri

Does anyone know if they will extend this Package deal???
We can ONLY travel in December(We are farmers and that is our only option) and this sounds like such a great deal!

Originally posted by jjjbennett
ok here's my quote is this any good??

Old Key West 2 bedroom villa for 7 days in August plus UPH's for 6 adults ( at least by Disney standards) and 1 kid for $3,980.71

It seems like a lot but I've never looked into a 2 bedroom villa at OKW. Could I do better renting points? dates 8/22 to 8/29

How many people does the 2 bedroom Villa sleep?
Just curious...

Originally posted by mom2smjn
How many people does the 2 bedroom Villa sleep?
Just curious...

The 2 bedroom villa sleeps 8 It has one room with a king, one room with 2 queens and a queen sleeper sofo in the living area. 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. Looks very nice on the pictures I've seen. We have 4 adults, 2 juniors, 1 child and 1 infants.

I think, (guess) that there will be a great deal for the fall & winter.
If Disney is offerring such a great deal during reg. season, then for value season there should be something just as good. Maybe something even better!- but that's only a guess!
Travel is really suffering right now, Florida has been hit exceptional hard & the Disney stock/profit is also down. They really need some different marketing ideas to keep people coming to WDW.
My 2nd guess would be we should something announced after June 30, when this deal closes.

With the Fairy Tale package, we're getting standard view at the Boardwalk Inn from October 17-October 25 for $2,400. Seems like a great gig to me!

Originally posted by gumdrop
Will you be there around the same time as us (8/5-8/10)? I see from your timer that we have about the same amount of days left!

Yes, we will be there 8/2 - 8/10, but we are not using the FTP. We would like to stay on-site, but since this is our first time and we aren't sure when we will be able to make it again we wanted to try and make it to Universal and Seaworld. We come out way ahead staying at HIFS since if we use the FTP we end up paying for park passes everyday even though we don't plan on using them.

for 10/24-31 for two adults at Port Orleans Riverside (or whatever they call themselves now) for $1205 (and change). Hope to upgrade to Contemporary if it opens up. If they extend it into December, we may change as we love to go then, but wanted to hold this deal, just in case. We have flexibility...so we'll play it by ear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter