facebook during political season

Status
Not open for further replies.

monarchs21

Mouseketeer
I think facebook is making me hate my friends haha so I decided to deactivate it at least until the election is over. All day everyday it's constantly on my page and quite frankly I just got sick and tired of it! I know I can't be the only one who feels this way.

I think facebook is making me hate my friends haha so I decided to deactivate it at least until the election is over. All day everyday it's constantly on my page and quite frankly I just got sick and tired of it! I know I can't be the only one who feels this way.

I don't understand just scroll past it. I don't mind it at all.

You aren't the only one. Most of my friends list is one particular persuasion, and I am the opposite, so it's particularly annoying. I try and ignore it as best I can.

For the sake of friendships that mean more to me than who is elected president/senator/dog catcher/whatever, I have made generous use of "hide this post".

It doesn't bother me. I'm not friends with people because I expect them to think exactly as I do. Sure I have my hot button issues, but I can still mentally ignore and scroll on by.

You are not alone. I find I'm avoiding facebook lately because of all the political garbage. I love my family and friends but I don't necessarily agree with their political positions and don't like having to read through the political mumbo jumbo to find out what everyone is up to. I have one family member who posts multiple multiple political ads, slogans, pictures, etc. every day. :sick: November can't come fast enough.

This was mentioned on another thread a few weeks ago and since then I changed some "friends" to "acquaintances" (the three who share ANOTHER position) and so now they don't have to see the political posts. I'm on with fellow broadcasters who are constantly talking about the election and even though it's hard to be believe, we are ALL on the same page. It's like our own personal convention! :cool1::banana:

4795a0aeb5c2572b6f5396beaebb0a9e.jpg

i don't mind if someone has a different viewpoint and is respectful about it. but i do have a few friends whom i've hidden because it's constant snarkiness.

i personally try not to post political things. every once in awhile, i will. but i also understand that i have friends with different viewpoints, so i try to be respectful about it.

DH and I are polar opposites when it comes to politics. To save arguments (and our marriage :laughing: ) I just "hide" his posts and then I don't have to see it and I have told him to do the same. Easy and saves fussing.

I agree. I am tired of seeing politics all the time.

For the sake of friendships that mean more to me than who is elected president/senator/dog catcher/whatever, I have made generous use of "hide this post".
:thumbsup2

LOL

I dont think most of my friends care... i havent seen one... Just one complaining about the same thing, politics on facebook... other than that, everyone is nice and quiet about it, lol.

My husband and I share the exact same potitical views and I can't stand his posts! I told him to "be quiet already...nobody cares!":lmao:

:thumbsup2

Although I typically just scroll down, it does get tiresome when every.single.post is political. I'm lazy and it's too much work:rotfl: My sister's MIL is horrible. She posts things that are just mean spirited/attack like. I wonder if she even knows the meaning of the word "civil":confused3

I don't expect everyone to believe and think the same things I do. I do expect that if you are going to have a viewpoint, that it is based on facts and intelligent reasoning,

Unfortunately, I have some Facebook friends for whom that's not the case. They believe every little meme and picture they see and repost them without actually checking to see if they are true. Their rantings are full of errors and lies, and this goes for both parties. Once you start posting pictures of Nazis pointing guns at women holding their children, saying you fear this is the direction our country is going, you have crossed a line and lost all credibility.

So yeah, I've been hiding a lot of people.

I loathe, hate and despise political season. I'm sick of it just about every where I see it.

Everyone has a POV and their own opinion on many different subjects. I read it and move on. I don't post about politics or religion.

I don't expect everyone to believe and think the same things I do. I do expect that if you are going to have a viewpoint, that it is based on facts and intelligent reasoning,

Unfortunately, I have some Facebook friends for whom that's not the case. They believe every little meme and picture they see and repost them without actually checking to see if they are true. Their rantings are full of errors and lies, and this goes for both parties. Once you start posting pictures of Nazis pointing guns at women holding their children, saying you fear this is the direction our country is going, you have crossed a line and lost all credibility.

So yeah, I've been hiding a lot of people.

This!!!! I have one friend who is normally reasonably intelligent, except she posts everything that she comes across, taking it as the truth. I think she's the person the blonde in the insurance commercial was based on-"they can't put it on the internet if it's not true". Even when numerous people explain the legitimate, factual flaws in her posts, she still rants on; and for shame if your priorities don't align with hers.

If she wasn't one of my oldest friends, she'd be off the list permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter