Eyebrow waxing for daughters....

I have mine threaded because the wax causes my skin to be red for days (no matter who does it) Threading isn't bad if you keep it up.

Unless there was an issue like unibrow, or she was being made fun of my dd can get her eye brows done when she can pay for it herself. I put eye brow waxing/threading along the lines of mani's and pedi's, its only needed if there are issues. If those issues exist then I don't think age matters.

I am glad I read this. I have fair, not thick eyebrows and didn't even know that most women have issues with facial hair until I was in my thirties. All I have ever done is pluck a few stray hairs. My daughter is much darker, and will probably be a little more hairy than me, if my ex mother in law is an indicator. I will definitely be more open to her requests at a younger age after reading this. Thank you.

I have mine threaded because the wax causes my skin to be red for days (no matter who does it) Threading isn't bad if you keep it up.

Threading is actually much better, or so I have read..

I believe my DD was about 11 or 12 when she started to come with me and get hers done.. When it started to bother her, and that was that.. No age criteria.

Please, please, tell me you're joking. The image of some emo chick with long rainbow dyed pit beards is too horrendous to even contemplate.

Iv heard and seen this trend, on some people it looks good! I personally wouldnt do it but as with any body hair its all about personal choice, i think its kinda brave of women who choose not to shave for whatever reason.
As for waxing if you can afford that option then whenever she asks, i pluked for the first time at 13 at a sleepover (big mistake) didnt really need to pluck or wax regularly until like 15 but definately at least show her how to pluck once she asks

If your dd feels like she is starting to look like Chewbacca from Star Wars, eyebrows, legs, upper lip. Then let her wax, tweeze,etc.

And as far as threading goes.... I'd rather die looking like King Kong. Worst experience ever. MUCH worse than waxing.

True - threading is super painful (and i've done all kinds of things to my hair), but still my preferred hair removal method for brows.

At about 12ish i think my DD started asking to remove her pit hair. So we did and have been doing it since then (we epilate - not very common here, but it works well for me).

I remember that when she was born, her brows were the first part of her I checked out....and I groaned as I can see her having brow issues forever LOL! They're messy...but at 14, she still hasn't had any interest in shaping her brows or removing her leg hair. I leave it up to her and have told her whenever she wants to, we'll start doing it.

Please, please, tell me you're joking. The image of some emo chick with long rainbow dyed pit beards is too horrendous to even contemplate.

Yep! google Miley Cyrus Dyed Pits and you can find her pics easily. She picked pink, which is so odd because in photos it looks more like a rash than dyed hair. Not sure that she's responsible for this trend, but she's the only one I've seen so far who did it.

I've known a few women who did not shave under their arms, but I haven't met one who dyed their armpit hair, at least not yet. I'm hoping this trend will not catch on.

Appointments are today after school! Hoping it goes well - They want it done more than anything, but I know they are very nervous about the possibilities of pain! Like with anything, this is something new for them, so nerves are to be expected. I'll be there holding their hands (while feeding my 6 week old... don't know how thats going to work out!) ready with an ice pack! lol
I'll let everyone know how it goes!!!

I'll admit I never even knew there was such a thing as eyebrow waxing. I have never done it - dd is 16 and she's never mentioned it. I'm kind of puzzled by this thread where it seems to be such a common thing for everyone.

I'll admit I never even knew there was such a thing as eyebrow waxing. I have never done it - dd is 16 and she's never mentioned it. I'm kind of puzzled by this thread where it seems to be such a common thing for everyone.

Isn't it common for most American women at least?

Isn't it common for most American women at least?

I don't think I can name one woman I know who has *never* gotten their eyebrows waxed/tweezed at least a few times in their lives - Its very common around here. I'm in New Jersey. I used to get mine done bi-monthly, but since becomming a full time SAHM, I haven't had them done in well over a year. But after having them done so often for so many years, I don't really need it done anymore - The hair doesn't really grow back anymore!

I was probably 9 or 10 when I got my eyebrows done the first time. I started out going every month or so and now I go every other week. I started waxing my upper lip when I was maybe 13 or 14? I am very pale with dark brown (almost black) hair so going often is necessary.

So we're back from the salon/spa. The tech did an ok job - Their brows are "cleaned up" and nicely angled now, but still rather thick. No longer bushy, just thick. I asked her to wax the tops to thin them out a little more, and she refused saying that the skin there is to sensitive... Personally I think the skin under the brow is the most painful part to wax?? Of course I didn't want them pencil thin at all... I just feel she could have done a little more.

Anyway, I had my youngest go first because I knew she is the braver of the two, and she made it through like a champ! My older daughter.... Not so much! LOL In the end shes happy she did it, but was a big drama queen while doing it lol. We will see if she asks to do it again ever!

Glad it went well.

Bold brows are in. I wouldn't thin them out at all. I would only wax the tops if there were extra hairs that were out of line.

I don't think I can name one woman I know who has *never* gotten their eyebrows waxed/tweezed at least a few times in their lives - Its very common around here. I'm in New Jersey. I used to get mine done bi-monthly, but since becomming a full time SAHM, I haven't had them done in well over a year. But after having them done so often for so many years, I don't really need it done anymore - The hair doesn't really grow back anymore!
Me either! I can walk to at least a dozen places to get waxed - skin salons, hair salons, nail salons. Actually, more than a dozen places, in under a 15 minute walk.

Me either! I can walk to at least a dozen places to get waxed - skin salons, hair salons, nail salons. Actually, more than a dozen places, in under a 15 minute walk.

Very true. It is really inexpensive too. The going rate for brows is $7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter