Extra Magic Hours for "Select" Disney Resorts

They've been using that wording for quite some time now. I remember back in 2008/2009 watching an official Disney planning DVD and they used the word "select". Like you, I thought it was odd, but they've been using it for a while and EMH hasn't changed. They use it, like other posts said, because Disney technically doesn't own all "Disney Resort Hotels". In marketing, they use the term to generally denote a hotel on WDW property, so that includes the S&D, SoG, Bonnet Creek, and the Disney Springs hotels. Now, as you know only some of those resorts get EMH benefits. The Hilton at Disney Springs used to get them until the end of last year and the S&D still do. Likewise, all Disney-owned Disney Resort Hotels (the values, mods, deluxes, villas, and campgrounds) all get them too. It's just semantics.

That phrasing has been on the Disney site for years. The question has come up from time to time on the Resorts board over the years.

They've been using that wording for quite some time now. I remember back in 2008/2009 watching an official Disney planning DVD and they used the word "select". Like you, I thought it was odd, but they've been using it for a while and EMH hasn't changed. They use it, like other posts said, because Disney technically doesn't own all "Disney Resort Hotels". In marketing, they use the term to generally denote a hotel on WDW property, so that includes the S&D, SoG, Bonnet Creek, and the Disney Springs hotels. Now, as you know only some of those resorts get EMH benefits. The Hilton at Disney Springs used to get them until the end of last year and the S&D still do. Likewise, all Disney-owned Disney Resort Hotels (the values, mods, deluxes, villas, and campgrounds) all get them too. It's just semantics.
Yes.
It's been there for a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter