Extra Magic Hours for "Select" Disney Resorts

surfcruiser

Man has a dream and that's the start...
This concerns me only slightly as we tend to shy away from EMH parks (especially in the morning).

This is all just speculation, but I was surfing the official WDW site and saw that Extra Magic Hours is offered as included in your ticket for guests staying at "select" Disney resorts.

I've never seen them use that wording before... "select," which makes me think that possibly they're only offering it if you're in a deluxe? Anything above a value resort? Not sure, may have to call them later to find out what this means and if I do, I'll post it here.

Maybe it's old news. Anyone know any more?

Thanks.

I think they say that becuase more than just Disney have resorts on their property - not all of them can do the magic hours

SOG = Yes
Swan and Dolphin = Yes

But i believe there are other resorts on property that CAN"T

I don't think that they will be taking EMH away from the resorts - that would not be good for the bottom line - if they take away perks - and the values are more expensive than staying off site - they won't be able to get peopel to stay ON site -

They use that wording so people can't complain. I wouldn't read to much into it. Disney can get rid of EMH whenever they want and has been rumored to be thinking about getting rid of it for some time now.

The Hilton, Waldorf, etc. those hotels are all on Disney property. I know most of those hotels (if not all) don't participate in EMH. So that's probably what they mean by "select."

Last edited:

"Select Disney resorts" does sound like they are only referring to Disney resorts but hopefully not. That would be just too weird.

This concerns me only slightly as we tend to shy away from EMH parks (especially in the morning).

This is all just speculation, but I was surfing the official WDW site and saw that Extra Magic Hours is offered as included in your ticket for guests staying at "select" Disney resorts.

I've never seen them use that wording before... "select," which makes me think that possibly they're only offering it if you're in a deluxe? Anything above a value resort? Not sure, may have to call them later to find out what this means and if I do, I'll post it here.

Maybe it's old news. Anyone know any more?

Thanks.

I completely agree. Their use of the phrase "select Disney resorts" is very ominous. They almost never refer to the Starwood Resorts or other resorts on Disney property operated outside companies as "Disney resorts". EMH are a perk and perks keep disappearing across all of WDW. They could easily start using EMH to boost occupancy in some of the less popular resorts like they do with Free Dining or room only discounts now. It's actually the same exact language they use for free dining and room only discounts. Combine that with the constant rumors that free dining is going to disappear or be less frequent and your looking at EMH being a perk used to replace free dining. Ya, I can see value resorts being left out of EMH in the future but, I could also see the monorail deluxe resorts being left out of it also.

They use that wording so people can't complain. I wouldn't read to much into it. Disney can get rid of EMH whenever they want and has been rumored to be thinking about getting rid of it for some time now.

I do frequently hear that they might, but right now it's my #1 reason for booking Disney resorts as opposed to Disney Springs affiliate hotels.
Hopefully they mind my demographic whenever they ponder such a change.

Perfect. First they will remove EMH from value resorts. Then they'll raise deluxe resort rates even higher because of the EMH "perk".

The Hilton, Waldorf, etc. those hotels are all on Disney property. I know most of those hotels (if not all) don't participate in EMH. So that's probably what they mean by "select."

It was two years ago, but the Hilton near Downtown Disney definitely offered EMH. It's the reason we chose it over other non-property hotel options.

Bet the values and moderates won't either at some point.

I doubt that, unless EMH are cancelled completely. Disney perks are what keep guests booking the values and mods, when they could get much better accomodations for the price offsite.

I doubt that, unless EMH are cancelled completely. Disney perks are what keep guests booking the values and mods, when they could get much better accomodations for the price offsite.
I partially agree. The location also brings them in.
Our last visit we stayed at the swan and dolphins and loved how close it was to the parks. We did take part in after hour events and hope they done go away. But if they do might still go so don't have to pay to park or drive/ travel back far at night

I partially agree. The location also brings them in.
Our last visit we stayed at the swan and dolphins and loved how close it was to the parks. We did take part in after hour events and hope they done go away. But if they do might still go so don't have to pay to park or drive/ travel back far at night
I agree. We like the Disney Springs area resorts for that as well. They are close, have transportation and the prices are way more reasonable. I hate the fees though but if Disney starts charging them and does away with EMH then why bother?

Bet the values and moderates won't either at some point.

EMH does not crowd the park in the first hour -- it might lead to the park being more crowded that the non-EMH parks at 1 pm, but not between 8 and 9. It would hardly make economic sense to open a park early, paying the staff for an extra hour of time, and having fewer customers buying breakfast pastries and coffee. EMH is a money maker, as it fills the value resorts (although a tiny room can be had off site for much less) and the moderate resorts (although people are paying deluxe prices for a room without a balcony). Disney will protect its bottom line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!