Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If at all possible try to do it the night before. It may be my bad luck but everytime we activate our APs the person in front of us has some issue that takes 20-30 minutes to resolve.
Unfortunately we don't land until 11:30 p.m. the night before. I'll try to be camped out at the window so I am first when they open!

When you walked in at 5:30, did you happen to notice if any CMs were working the ticket booths yet? We will need to activate our APs on our HS EEMH morning and I want to be as early as possible.

I didn’t notice. Not sure when you are arriving but we are heading back on Tuesday and I can look then.

Hi there. Can anyone confirm whether or not Minnie Vans begin running early on these EEMH mornings? I have no reason to think these hours will be available for our December trip (although I hold some hope), but I want to plan for it just in case. We like to take the vans for EMH.

I've searched and read through this thread, and I found a couple references to Minnie Vans but no answers to my question.

TIA!

Hi there. Can anyone confirm whether or not Minnie Vans begin running early on these EEMH mornings? I have no reason to think these hours will be available for our December trip (although I hold some hope), but I want to plan for it just in case. We like to take the vans for EMH.

I've searched and read through this thread, and I found a couple references to Minnie Vans but no answers to my question.

TIA!

I’m curious about this also. Only way to check is to launch the Lyft app after 5am est to see if any pop up. I’ll try tomorrow.

we will be in need for the car seats. Not sure how standard Uber cars work @ WDW and if they will deny driving with a toddler in not in car seat.

Longer waits at DHS this morning, but Slinky has been down.

At 7:30:

MFSR 70
TOT 60
TSMM 40
RNRC 30
AS 25
ST 10

We were at DS EEMH Saturday 10/5. Arrived at 605 and was through security and tapstiles in 5 min. Went straight to Slinky and rode twice with a 10 min wait each time...by the time our second ride was finished at about 640 it was 25 min. Then we rode TS mania with 5 min and saucers twice (only operating one side so it was slower). Went over to SWGE and rode SR with a posted 35 min wait (we were done with the ride I. 35 min). By 830 went to Ogas for a coffee.

It definitely worked better to do TSL first—the wait times were higher for TSL after 730 and lower for SR

9/30 6:55 AM

Last day of Illuminations

DHS:
MFSR:70
SDD:55
TSM:45
AS2:20
TOT:13
RNR:10
ST:5
I was there on this date, it was a lot more busy than other days (for some reason) and actually prevented me from going to any other of the EEMH days because for the most part, HS was always lighter at night. I had only planned on going to HS one day this vacation but ended up going 3 times because of how light the crowds were during the day and night. Luckily the MFSR number was inflated. i was in line when it said 95 minutes, but it was actually about 25. based on the last 2 weeks, the crowds are heavy on Mondays.

Went (and am still at) DHS this morning. Wow! Can’t really report a lot of hard data, but the crowds are definitely here this week. Having SDD down all morning did not help for sure. We went to TSL first (around 6:30?) and decided to ride TSMM first because SDD was at 40 minutes. I was very glad we did because SDD must have just broken down because within minutes after we got off, the line jumped to 50 minutes!

On the flip side, MFSR reported a 70 minute wait and we found it to be more like 40 minutes!

Just want to add that we really, really enjoyed MFSR!

We just left DHS about 2 hours ago. Crowds were definitely up. My DH really wanted to see MFSR so we went there first. I didn't keep track of time to the T. We arrived about 6:15 am. Got through bag check, grabbed a coffee and headed back. MFSR was posted at 60 by 6:40 am but was really about 30/35 by the time we got to the pre-show. Off by 7:40ish. Headed towards Oga's to poke around. We were offered a walk in for Oga's but declined since we had a 9:15 ADR. Walked into TSL and SDD was down until around 8. TSMM was posted at 40 mins and looked it so we went to RnR and rode it twice. RnR was a posted 30 min but was about 10-15 and a walk on the second time. TOT was posted at 40 and looked it (also looked like only one side was running?). Went back to SWGE, looked around the shops and took pictures. Checked in to Oga's and headed out after that. (Had a great time there by the way! So glad we went.) The line for MFSR reached all the way passed Oga's. Posted 130 and definitely looked it. The waits were getting higher all around and we did EEMH at AK yesterday (very successful EMH at AK) so we decided to head to the Boardwalk for breakfast.

We just got back from our trip Saturday. We didn't attempt the EEMH early in our trip because I didn't want to exhaust our kids (4 and 9). By the end we were doing them because we got SO much more done. We didn't get to do SDD, because I didn't feel like waiting and we never got there RIGHT at open. But we walked onto TSMM three times and my ex husband and daughter rode TOT twice. The same goes for Magic Kingdom. We got there around 20 minutes after open and walked onto Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs (well that one was a 10 minute wait), did the car one for my son (forget the name), then did Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, the Pirates and some of the kiddie rides and were out by 10:00 a.m. and spent our afternoon with a rest and then at Animal Kingdom. It was amazing.

Thursday 9/26. Part of a 4-park (plus HHN at Uni) marathon.

Lyft pickup 5:39am at POP. Dropped off 5:45am at HS. Through security and tap styles by 5:48am. Waited at the corner of Hollywood and Sunset for rope drop.

Went to TSL when the masses ahead of us went to GE. Walking into TSL, cast members announcing the SDD would have a delayed opening. Bummer. So TSM instead. We were loading before the first riders had cycled through.

Hit up ToT next, after stopping to take many pictures of an empty Chinese Theater and an empty Sunset Blvd. Walk right into the preshow without seeing another guest. We were held in the preshow and were eventually joined by 4 others. Walked right into the elevator afterwards. Then onward to RnR. Walked straight through (no preshow) and would have walked onto the waiting train, but we waited 1 train for the front row.

Headed through the tunnel to GE at 6:50am. Spent 15 minutes taking pictures. Posted wait time for MFSR was 40 minutes. We waited 30 to get on. Then it was off to Oga's for some pre-8am drinks. More pictures and a Ronto-Wrap followed. We got the zoom magic shot with the Falcon at 8:09am. Not sure how accurate, but the cast member told us that it was brand new that day and had just started at 8am.

We were back in a Lyft by 8:49am heading to AK.

AK this morning. Arrived at parking lot at 6:30,was near the middle of the group, was off FOP by 7:40, everything else was 5 min wait. Rode Navi, Dinosaur, EE twice, walked both trails, 11 AM LionKing show, then FP for Safari and left before the rain started. Heading back now for evening entertainment and my FOP FP*. HS tomorrow AM!
*Sitting in the AK parking lot as it is pouring again.

Last edited:
Did Monday 9/30 DAK EMH and Tuesday 10/1 DHS EMH

This thread was helpful in planning. Thank you!

A few tidbits

DAK 9/30
  • Much, MUCH more crowded than I expected based on the September reports. We didn't rush heading to the park (thinking it would be tame) and as soon as we arrived I regretted it. We were through security at 6:52, and this ended up being much too late. Heading straight to FOP at 7:00 rope drop, it was full-on crowd mode, with the line stretching to Africa. Posted wait was 60 minutes and that was pretty much correct. We were in the FOP pre-show at 7:50. Not terrible, just not what I expected.

• After FOP around 8:15, River Journey was at 40 minutes and Safaris was at 80. No thanks. Getting there earlier would've prevented having to skip those.

• The park itself felt empty. We walked on Everest and Dinosaur after that and Bug's Life had its usual length-of-show wait.

DHS 10/1
  • Super easy. Ordered an Uber from Art of Animation just to play it safe in case buses were problematic, but as we were pulling out of resort lobby a DHS bus arrived at 5:25. So that's doable to still get there by park opening.

• We were through security by 5:41. No hassle

• Rope drop was exactly at 6:00. No Stormtroopers like some reported earlier. Crowd was coralled semi-slow, but faster than I expected based on the complaints of slow walking I read. CMs along the way announce how to manage each arriving turn or narrowing in the pavement as you get to it. Listen to them

• We arrived at Smugglers Run at 6:12 and the posted wait was 60 minutes. We boarded the Falcon at 6:33. Heck yes!

• Slinky was minimal wait after that. Not sure exact wait, but after heading straight to Toy Story Land after Smugglers Run, we were boarding Slinky at 7:04

• Toy Story Mania was posted 20 minutes at this point. We decided to skip it

• Walk-ons for Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Did RnR twice and ToT once

• It was exactly 9:00 when this was concluded and we caught the second Lightning McQueen show of the day

• Overall an awesome morning!

I know this thread is about experiences with the EEMH specifically, but I am curious what the crowds are like once the EEMH ends and the public joins the fun. What is everyone doing at 9? Going back to your hotel, switching parks, or something else? What are crowds like for the rest of the day? We are going to be there next week for 3 days and I was assuming we would try to spend the majority of our days in the parks, but I am worried about crowd levels a little now. Any input would be awesome!

Looking at touring plans now. They predicted a crowd level of 3 at MK Monday and it was actually a 10. 😳 Epcot 6, HS 7. Only AK was actually low - a 3.
I wonder how ride closures affect the “crowd level” (at least my understanding is it’s based on lines - but correct me if I am wrong). I noticed in the afternoon there was a huge list of rides temporarily closed yesterday. Would that make the crowd levels appear larger due to less ride options? Or have things really picked up that much since the weekend?

When you walked in at 5:30, did you happen to notice if any CMs were working the ticket booths yet? We will need to activate our APs on our HS EEMH morning and I want to be as early as possible.

Guest relations is open right now. I actually walked past ticket booths and forgot to look there. Sorry!

Didn’t see any ticket booths open. Slinky Dog was down at opening and now is 45 min. RnR and ToT closed

Didn’t see any ticket booths open. Slinky Dog was down at opening and now is 45 min. RnR and ToT closed

Yeah completely different experience relative to our Sunday morning experience. If Dis is going to offer a 6am open it would probably be good to ensure that at least a majority of the top rides are actually open.

Good thing we opted for Star Wars at open this morning. Would have been annoying to find SDD down. 6:50 and both ToT and RnR still down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest