Extra burger buns now $1.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisNorsworthys

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this has been already posted but...
We ordered an extra bun at Epcot's EU on Thursday and instead of $0.40 like we have paid on prior trips, it cost $1.99! Still better than buying two burgers and wasting half of each. But if your kids will eat thru two pieces of meat (mine will not), just cut one in half and save $2.

Wow! Things have gone up!:scared1:
We packed a few of our own last time we went. Put them into a tupperware container and brought them into the park. Think we paid less than 1.99 for the entire pack of 8.

Seriously though, for an extra bun, that is an outrageous price. If push comes to shove, I'll be packing some for the parks on our next trip. :)

I just don't understand why you can't purchase the double burger and split it in half? :confused3

I just don't understand why you can't purchase the double burger and split it in half? :confused3
Well, there's a meat-to-bun ratio that gets upset when you have a double burger and just cut it in half. Some people don't like all of that beef with so little bread.

And then there's the Great Condiment debate, as in: how much catsup, mustard, tomato and lettuce can be stacked on half a bun (as opposed to a whole bun)? And will there be room for the pickles, too?

And finally, there's the "Stubborn 8yo" rationale which states that no 8yo boy will be willing to eat the other half of his sister's cootie-riddled burger. But given his own bun, he'll happily dine away.

Seriously though, for an extra bun, that is an outrageous price. If push comes to shove, I'll be packing some for the parks on our next trip. :)

No more outrageous than $3 for a bottle of water.

There are many restaurants all over that charge $3-5 to 'share' one entree, which is basically the fee for one clean plate to split a meal on. I honestly don't see this as much different than that.

You guys all gave me a great chuckle this morning.....cootie riddled burgers...:rotfl:

No more outrageous than $3 for a bottle of water.

There are many restaurants all over that charge $3-5 to 'share' one entree, which is basically the fee for one clean plate to split a meal on. I honestly don't see this as much different than that.

That's why I don't buy water in the parks. In the morning, I fill the refillable mugs with water and a little bit of ice. This way I'm set for a few hours. When I need some more water it is lunch time and I'll just get it with lunch. Afterwards, we head to the resort to go swimming and I get another water with the mugs. Before heading back to the parks for dinner/more rides, I (once again) fill the mugs with water. This way we're basically paying $11.99 each for water for the entire trip, except table service and non-resort quick service. :thumbsup2

To me, the difference is that your scenario refers to a sit-down restaurant and the plate cleaning, waiting and plating are legitimate services for them to charge for, but if I am buying a bun from CS and doing the splitting and re-plating myself, and no one is washing my paper dish, then the $1.99 is a little absurd.

I am an unrepentant carnivore and would rather just cut a double burger in half and eat less bun anyway, so the bun charge wouldn't change my dining plans, but I can see why many view this as a crummy move on Disney's part.

Since the bun price went up, it's just a matter of time before we start paying extra for the cootie-riddled burgers;)

ok,no flames here:scared1: -I'm as big a disney fan as the rest of you here (obsessed,who me?:hug: ) But it's just one more example of Disney's reaching into every corner of our pocketbooks for every last stinkin' little penny for the privilege of being there.....
I personally love the place,but find the unending greed over every little thing rather disheartening..... Things are so obscenely expensive,it's getting difficult to convince my DH that we should continue to take the kids there- it's these little things that drive him crazy,believe it or not. I am fighting the battle though.....I might 'bring my own buns' after this too....I mean,it seems like to those who actually knew about this,were already budget minded,so most people already thinking that way will just find another way to cut the budget,like tupperware!:laughing:

To me, the difference is that your scenario refers to a sit-down restaurant and the plate cleaning, waiting and plating are legitimate services for them to charge for, but if I am buying a bun from CS and doing the splitting and re-plating myself, and no one is washing my paper dish, then the $1.99 is a little absurd.

I am an unrepentant carnivore and would rather just cut a double burger in half and eat less bun anyway, so the bun charge wouldn't change my dining plans, but I can see why many view this as a crummy move on Disney's part.

I would assume the price increase takes the increase in condiments, lettuce, pickles into account.

Frankly, Disney is smart enough to know when they can make an easy buck off of people trying to take advantage.

There was a run on the buns at WDW!! :eek:

More people were buying the buns and having a lettuce, tomato, and pickle sandwich than eating the beef. There is a periodic beef scare, you know. :rolleyes1

Disney :idea: figured out it was MORE profitable to sell the buns than the burgers! ;)

Actually, the cost of wheat and flour and all carbs are going WAY up. Maybe the bread itself is costing as much as the beef inside.

I don't think 5 times as much. But when the "analysts" had to evaluate the rising cost of "buns" and other breads, they probably adjusted it all the way up to what they thought the market would bear and tried to figure out ways to maximize profits all the way around - and one way is to discourage people from sharing a double burger by making it less cost effective to do so.

This is a funny thread.

It's probably best to pack your own lunch if your worried about $2 for an extra bun after spending the amount of money everyone does at WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter