EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I usually receive a welcome email a day or two after booking, but some have reported not getting anything from IPO. If you don't hear from them soon, you could always email them with all of your information.

Thanks - I wonder if I didn't get anything with being in the UK and its a different form of reservation number etc. Anyway I e-mailed them last night and got a response within about 15 mins with the introductory e-mail. I'm disappointed they no longer do the sunrise safari as with our youngest being 5 next year its the only one we would have been able to do.

Thanks - I wonder if I didn't get anything with being in the UK and its a different form of reservation number etc. Anyway I e-mailed them last night and got a response within about 15 mins with the introductory e-mail. I'm disappointed they no longer do the sunrise safari as with our youngest being 5 next year its the only one we would have been able to do.

You're welcome :).

I'm glad they responded quickly to your email. We haven't tried CL at AKL (it's on our list of clubs to try), but I was sad to hear that the sunrise safari is no more as that was something I was looking forward to doing :(.

Just to jump in about the texting, I used it the entire time of our trip even including before we got to our club level resort (We started at BC and then moved to GFSL). Just pertaining to stuff for when we did get there.. it was wonderful! I really appreciated that sort of anytime ability to communicate and used it several times a day when we were actually in the room. Everything from asking for more shampoo (we are a family of five and one bottle wasn't cutting it) to asking what time certain things happened or opened in the parks. They were always very helpful, responded quickly and were extremely polite! It was so super cool! :)

How do you get their number to text? Can you text them once you arrive on property?

They texted me out of the blue about a week before our trip (which was about 3+ weeks before our stay in the club). Asked me if I was interested in using that texting service, I said yes and that was that. I could give you the number but it was for GFSL. I was there from the 12th to the 17th of this month.

Okay, so I'm now trying to book our next trip and as I was looking at Beach Club's club level it has two different categories.. One says Standard View - Club Level and another says Deluxe Room - Club Level Access. What does that mean? Do you not have access to the lounge unless you are in a deluxe room? That doesn't make sense.

Also, those of you with experience.. which of the three would you choose and why? YC, BC or BWI? I've stayed WLCL and loved it and have stayed most recently at GFSL and loved it as well, but would like to try a different one now.

:)

Okay, so I'm now trying to book our next trip and as I was looking at Beach Club's club level it has two different categories.. One says Standard View - Club Level and another says Deluxe Room - Club Level Access. What does that mean? Do you not have access to the lounge unless you are in a deluxe room? That doesn't make sense.

Also, those of you with experience.. which of the three would you choose and why? YC, BC or BWI? I've stayed WLCL and loved it and have stayed most recently at GFSL and loved it as well, but would like to try a different one now.

Deluxe rooms are larger rooms, sometimes called junior suites, and none of them are on the 5th floor of the BC. You do have club lounge privileges. We stayed in one a few years ago, room itself was lovely but a long way to the lounge. Standard view - club level are regular parking lot/roof view rooms on the 5th floor and, yes, have club lounge access too.

Oh ok! I was taking it completely backwards!! So the standard room would be fine, then. That solves that riddle! Thank you! :)

How do you get their number to text? Can you text them once you arrive on property?

We stayed at the YC this month and the letter they give you going over club level and the hours and such, had both a phone number to call and a number to text, that the staff highlighted in yellow.

I hope IPO is helpful and has some good suggestions :).

They actually weren't.

I wanted to post a follow up to my wanting a little surprise in the room the first night at Atrium Club Level at CR.

I contacted IPO and was told that there were a ton of options, but weren't actually TOLD any of the "many options." Next reply was that there are tons of sweet desserts in the lounge that we can take back to the room. And then I was told I could get some cookies or maybe some rice crispies. I replied that the crispies would be fine and never got a further response.

I had also stated that we're doing the Christmas Party that night, so we're likely to miss out on all the lounge stuff.

I'm not sure if they thought I was looking for free stuff maybe, but I was really underwhelmed by what I was offered and the real lack of information from the CM - I felt like I was pulling teeth trying to find out what my options actually were. I had thought about keeping an eye out to make our whole trip CL, but now I'm definitely not going to do that.

I may try contacting them again, but after exchanging several emails just to find out what my options were....not sure if I'm even going to bother. Seems like it'll be easier to just deal with room service once we get there.

Just to jump in about the texting, I used it the entire time of our trip even including before we got to our club level resort (We started at BC and then moved to GFSL). Just pertaining to stuff for when we did get there.. it was wonderful! I really appreciated that sort of anytime ability to communicate and used it several times a day when we were actually in the room. Everything from asking for more shampoo (we are a family of five and one bottle wasn't cutting it) to asking what time certain things happened or opened in the parks. They were always very helpful, responded quickly and were extremely polite! It was so super cool! :)

Thanks for the insight on the texting service. Glad it worked well for you.

As the pp said, the deluxe room is larger than a standard room and while it does include CL, it's not located on the CL floor.

We've never tried CL at any of the Epcot resorts, but if I had to choose between the 3, my choice would be BWI CL. We have stayed at the BC (non-CL) and while we had a nice stay, I have read so many great things about BWI CL that I would try that over BC/YC CL.

They actually weren't.

I wanted to post a follow up to my wanting a little surprise in the room the first night at Atrium Club Level at CR.

I contacted IPO and was told that there were a ton of options, but weren't actually TOLD any of the "many options." Next reply was that there are tons of sweet desserts in the lounge that we can take back to the room. And then I was told I could get some cookies or maybe some rice crispies. I replied that the crispies would be fine and never got a further response.

I had also stated that we're doing the Christmas Party that night, so we're likely to miss out on all the lounge stuff.

I'm not sure if they thought I was looking for free stuff maybe, but I was really underwhelmed by what I was offered and the real lack of information from the CM - I felt like I was pulling teeth trying to find out what my options actually were. I had thought about keeping an eye out to make our whole trip CL, but now I'm definitely not going to do that.

I may try contacting them again, but after exchanging several emails just to find out what my options were....not sure if I'm even going to bother. Seems like it'll be easier to just deal with room service once we get there.

I'm sorry IPO wasn't very helpful. If you do contact them again, maybe try calling instead of emailing as that might get you different results. Good luck.

They actually weren't.

I think that you are trying to do someting that I tried to do myself during our first stay in the CR. Didn't really work out well for us. I hope that you have better success!

It sounds to me like IPO is saying that YOU are able to do any number of things, but that the CL CM's aren't likely to set something up for you. Sounds to me like they are suggesting that YOU go to the lounge, pick up some of the offerings and bring them to your room yourself.

I hope that this doesn't sound mean, but I don't believe that it is part of their job to put stuff in your room for you. They MIGHT do so, but it would be a rare exception. You are asking for special treatment here. I am not saying that it is unreasonable to ask, but be prepared that they may not offer to do anything. OTOH, I believe that such things do happen sometimes. I hope that you do get some special pixie dust for your first night!

There are options that you can pay for but these cannot be set up for your arrival day either, if that is what you are looking for. I think that one option is called something like "Mickey's Grand Welcome". I found these options to be very expensive and not really all that great. Some are as simple as treats and a bottle of wine (which we ordered for our own room). IMO, underwhelming and expensive.

We had purchased balloons and some dolls and decorations sent to my son' family in their room. I had wanted it to arrive while they were in the parks and be there when they came 'home' at the end of the day. However, it was delivered to the door when they were in the room getting ready for the day. AGAIN, Very underwhelming, I'm afraid. The day of arrival was NOT possible for delivery to the room in my experience.

Much cheaper to simply pick up what you want yourself or even better bring the items with you secretly and try to get an opportunity to install them in the room when everyone else is busy. Perhaps 'forget' something just as you arive at the elevator to go to the party and say you will meet the others in the lobby, go back to the room, pull out your surprise and head down to the others. When you return, it is all right as you wanted it!

It is also possible, if you bring a 'surprise' with you that a CL CM might agree to place it in your room while you are out. However, they may not do so either.

Good luck! I hope that you enjoy your stay in CR CL. We LOVED it despite the lack of a 'surprise'.

I think that you are trying to do someting that I tried to do myself during our first stay in the CR. Didn't really work out well for us. I hope that you have better success!

It sounds to me like IPO is saying that YOU are able to do any number of things, but that the CL CM's aren't likely to set something up for you. Sounds to me like they are suggesting that YOU go to the lounge, pick up some of the offerings and bring them to your room yourself.

I hope that this doesn't sound mean, but I don't believe that it is part of their job to put stuff in your room for you. They MIGHT do so, but it would be a rare exception. You are asking for special treatment here. I am not saying that it is unreasonable to ask, but be prepared that they may not offer to do anything. OTOH, I believe that such things do happen sometimes. I hope that you do get some special pixie dust for your first night!

There are options that you can pay for but these cannot be set up for your arrival day either, if that is what you are looking for. I think that one option is called something like "Mickey's Grand Welcome". I found these options to be very expensive and not really all that great. Some are as simple as treats and a bottle of wine (which we ordered for our own room). IMO, underwhelming and expensive.

We had purchased balloons and some dolls and decorations sent to my son' family in their room. I had wanted it to arrive while they were in the parks and be there when they came 'home' at the end of the day. However, it was delivered to the door when they were in the room getting ready for the day. AGAIN, Very underwhelming, I'm afraid. The day of arrival was NOT possible for delivery to the room in my experience.

Much cheaper to simply pick up what you want yourself or even better bring the items with you secretly and try to get an opportunity to install them in the room when everyone else is busy. Perhaps 'forget' something just as you arive at the elevator to go to the party and say you will meet the others in the lobby, go back to the room, pull out your surprise and head down to the others. When you return, it is all right as you wanted it!

It is also possible, if you bring a 'surprise' with you that a CL CM might agree to place it in your room while you are out. However, they may not do so either.

Good luck! I hope that you enjoy your stay in CR CL. We LOVED it despite the lack of a 'surprise'.

Just wanted to say "ditto" to all of this.

We stay CL frequently and I always do an in-room surprise. Once, BWI IPO referred me to the Disney Florist and I asked if it was possible for them to help me with a surprise. Omar from BWI IPO worked with me to create a list of pirate-themed items and a budget for our surprise. I gave them my credit card number and Omar arranged for a runner to get items from all sorts of different places in WDW, and CL CM Jackie set everything up in our room (after we checked in, but before we went to the room.) They charged our card and left the receipts in an envelope in our room. Both Omar and Jackie were enthusiastic about this, and it was a great treat. At one point during our stay, my husband asked if there would be any way we could get my favorite treat - a caramel bar from Epcot - as a surprise. (We didn't have park tickets - this was a pre-cruise stay.) He offered to pay in advance, but the CL CM not only sent a runner to get two bars, but refused to charge us. At BC, they sent a runner to replace a lost shield from BBB and also refused our offer to pay for a replacement.

These are the types of things we considered to be above and beyond. I still do the in-room surprise, but purchase all the items in advance and then bring them in a carry on. We check in and I go into the room first to set everything up. It's way less expensive and super easy when staying CL because the kids are in the lounge while I set up.

Someone made a comment a few pages ago that I think is really insightful - even mentioned it to my kids the other day. When we're familiar with all the great things that can happen at Disney (and when we read about them on these boards) it can be easy to be disappointed when those things don't happen. Like the time I dropped my refill mug coffee in MK and a CM rushed to a nearby counter service, refilled my coffee, and refused our offer to pay. That's probably not going to happen again, but I'd consider that an above-and-beyond extra!

At no time was I told that I needed to do this myself or that they couldn't arrange something like that at all - which I would have been fine with. I know things cannot be left in a room prior to arrival because of the way rooms are assigned, but can be left once you've checked in and have a room # - I've done something through Disney Florist before. I didn't have any expectations that something could be arranged until I was told by the CM that they can set things up in the manner I had inquired.

My first email explained that we're going to the party the first night and asked if a small sweet snack could be arranged to be left in the room while we were gone. I mentioned that private dining used to have a menu of in-room celebration-type things and if any of those were still available. The reply was that they could set up a lot of things, what did I want to arrange?

My question about the room service menu was not answered beyond yes (which doesn't explain the actual options, obviously) and the lounge came up when I stated that I didn't want a cake since it's a short trip and most of it would go to waste. As I had already stated that we were going to be at MVMCP and unlikely to be at the lounge when the nighttime offerings were available, that was kind of a bad suggestion.

I'm thinking some of the confusion might have stemmed from them perhaps assuming that I didn't want to pay extra for something/was trying to get something for free. It honestly didn't even occur to me that I might need to stress that I didn't mind paying for what I was trying to arrange - especially since my original inquiry was essentially asking if there were room service options available still and room service isn't free! :rotfl:

Basically, I didn't have expectations until the CM told me it was doable. Then they proceeded to not really read what I had written and only half-answered my emails in a rather unhelpful/unprofessional way. It's not ruining my trip before I get there or anything, I just wanted to follow up on what happened after I contacted IPO.

I think I'm just not going to worry about it until I get there. If something ends up being done, great, but I'm not expecting anything at this point. I think I'll be more annoyed having to work this hard to arrange a surprise that isn't really necessary for us to have a good time.

My first email explained that we're going to the party the first night and asked if a small sweet snack could be arranged to be left in the room while we were gone. I mentioned that private dining used to have a menu of in-room celebration-type things and if any of those were still available. The reply was that they could set up a lot of things, what did I want to arrange?

Sounds like they were looking for clarification on your inquiry. Perhaps if you let them know that you were hoping that THEY could offer some suggestions?

I think I'm just not going to worry about it until I get there. If something ends up being done, great, but I'm not expecting anything at this point. I think I'll be more annoyed having to work this hard to arrange a surprise that isn't really necessary for us to have a good time.

That sounds like a good plan. Getting frustrated over minor trip details before you even start out isn't any fun at all. Have a wonderful time. The CR CL is VERY NICE. I hope that you do get a chance to enjoy the great lounge. Fortunately, it is open 24 hours even if there aren't any food offerings there. You can enjoy the space and the great view!

Well, obviously I didn't do that reply very well! LOL!

Sorry, I don't even know how toi edit that to fix it!

I flat-out told them I hadn't been in years and had no idea what my options were for an in-room special sweet snack sort of thing (if it was doable at all). I'm not sure I could have been much more clear about my ignorance. :lmao:

That's when I got the "yes, we have lots of options, what would you like to arrange?" response. I was frustrated already at that point because it was like asking a waitress "Do you serve dinner here?" and being told "Yeah, we've got lots of things, what do you want to eat?" and not being given a menu.

I ended up with a night at Club Level because we wanted to stay in a monorail resort, but couldn't get a room for length of stay so we've got a split stay but in the same hotel. I'm okay with not worrying about it/trying to sort it out since I didn't book club level for the club level experience, more for the convenience. We'll have a great trip regardless. =D

I contacted IPO prior to arrival. Asked if there was anyway to have some snacks put in our room, we weren't arriving until very late, after 11pm and just wanted something easy, really just asked for water and a snack. Arrived and found several sodas, gummy bears, goldfish and some cookies. Perfect for my 14 year old.

I flat-out told them I hadn't been in years and had no idea what my options were for an in-room special sweet snack sort of thing (if it was doable at all). I'm not sure I could have been much more clear about my ignorance. :lmao:

That's when I got the "yes, we have lots of options, what would you like to arrange?" response. I was frustrated already at that point because it was like asking a waitress "Do you serve dinner here?" and being told "Yeah, we've got lots of things, what do you want to eat?" and not being given a menu.

I ended up with a night at Club Level because we wanted to stay in a monorail resort, but couldn't get a room for length of stay so we've got a split stay but in the same hotel. I'm okay with not worrying about it/trying to sort it out since I didn't book club level for the club level experience, more for the convenience. We'll have a great trip regardless. =D

I think you just need to be a bit more specific with them. They can arrange most anything but they need to know what you want and whether it is something that they will need to charge you for. I have arranged through them treats from the florist that I have paid for. I have also requested birthday cakes, which they provided at no charge. If you just want them to leave a selection of desserts from the lounge, I am sure they will be happy to take care of it. If you want items delivered from room service, let them know so that they can give you your options and costs. But, you can't expect them to read your mind about what you are looking for and whether you are willing to pay. If you want them to leave certain beverages in your room, they can do that too. You just have to be a bit more specific.

I think you just need to be a bit more specific with them. They can arrange most anything but they need to know what you want and whether it is something that they will need to charge you for. I have arranged through them treats from the florist that I have paid for. I have also requested birthday cakes, which they provided at no charge. If you just want them to leave a selection of desserts from the lounge, I am sure they will be happy to take care of it. If you want items delivered from room service, let them know so that they can give you your options and costs. But, you can't expect them to read your mind about what you are looking for and whether you are willing to pay. If you want them to leave certain beverages in your room, they can do that too. You just have to be a bit more specific.

It's really difficult to be specific when I don't know what my options are at all. I had posted here before asking if anyone knew what my options were and for ideas and I was told to ask IPO. So I did ask IPO about having a sweet snack for two left in the room and what my options were (including the room service menu) and was told "Yes, we can arrange lots of things what would you like?" I clearly stated it had been years since I stayed at that particular resort so I was unfamiliar with what the current possibilities would be (and I definitely asked about the back page of the room service menu that I vaguely recalled existing years ago). Since I had no clue as to what my options were it was a bit difficult to answer what I would like beyond my somewhat general idea.

I'm not expecting anyone to magically "read my mind". I explained what I wanted to do and asked very clearly what my options were. I (not unreasonably, I would think) expected to actually have my questions answered - like be told if the room service options still existed what they actually were. There was no suggestion of them leaving lounge dessert options in my room - I was merely told that the lounge has "a pretty sweet selections of desserts and foods for your enjoyment all included with your club level stay." Without stating that they could leave some of that in our room, I had no idea that was even an option.

As I previously stated, in every email I kept asking what my options were and was given answers like there are snacks in the lounge, the bakery makes some neat cakes, etc. before I finally got an actual option of brownies or crispy treats could probably be left in the room. My question/s about the room service menu were never answered/addressed.

I don't think my expectation that I would be contacted with some options if it were at all possible was unreasonable or expecting them to "read my mind."

Maybe this would be a good thing to add to the FAQ in the future so that people like me who don't stay club level all the time, but want to arrange something have a better idea of the possibilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter