EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Does anyone have any pics they can share of the 1 br suites at the Contemporary? Other than being smaller, is the lounge different on the 14th floor?

We only stayed a regular room on 14th floor. That floor was recently remodeled- more recent than our stay. The differences were minor, unless they really made big changes. There was talk of big changes, (actual press releases!), but then they got scrapped. Then they did a minor remodel of the 12th floor, followed by a remodel o the 14th. I think the actual update of the 14th was similar to the 12th, but I haven't actually been there to confirm.

One the balconies are wider than other floors. Our room also had a bigger bathroom, but the main area was smaller than because of those. There is a website dedicated to CR. It might have updated pics. It had a map of the floor layout anyhow.

Lounge size was the biggest difference. The food is pretty much the same, except since it is smaller, they put out less food. That's what I recall.

When we went, I must add, the 14th floor was in desperate need of repair/revamp.

I've posted in this thread a few times. So it may be helpful to look back at my earlier posts. The suites might also have food stocked in the room. I'm not sure, we've never booked one.

Does anyone have any pics they can share of the 1 br suites at the Contemporary? Other than being smaller, is the lounge different on the 14th floor?

Here is a link from the CR FAQ that has links to some pics of a 1 bdrm suite on tower club level as well as pics of the tower club lounge:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50933494&postcount=7

The links are about half way down the page. The 1 bdrm suite pics are from 2011, but there are quite a few pics that show the layout of the suite.

HTH :)

We recently stayed at GF in SL and they had the most delicious tropical juice out in the afternoon.

Does anyone know the recipe for this juice? I'm craving it and I wish I had asked someone before we left.

We recently stayed at GF in SL and they had the most delicious tropical juice out in the afternoon.

Does anyone know the recipe for this juice? I'm craving it and I wish I had asked someone before we left.

Pog juice is made for disney and I believe only at poly and gf.

I love to mix it with my merlot or over the rocks straight. Yum:goodvibes

Next month is our first concierge stay at the Contemporary. Very excited! But I am just now looking at making my Dining Reservations (we're doing the Transatlantic cruise before our WDW stay and I let this slip).

I'm not really sure how concierge works for helping me make dining reservations or anything else we might need. Do I just email them with my requests? I've never gotten an email from them at all. :confused3

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!

Next month is our first concierge stay at the Contemporary. Very excited! But I am just now looking at making my Dining Reservations (we're doing the Transatlantic cruise before our WDW stay and I let this slip).

I'm not really sure how concierge works for helping me make dining reservations or anything else we might need. Do I just email them with my requests? I've never gotten an email from them at all. :confused3

Yes, you can just email them with your request and they will do their best to get you what you need. :goodvibes (obviously a month out, the high demand ADRs might already be gone, but they will do their best)

Trying to book our Christmas trip. Will the Beach Club lounge be open by the week of Christmas??? Thanks!

Ugh, I'd never thought of this.

My dd(11) and I are staying club level at WL Dec 13. We're pretty neat hotel guests. What amount would you recommend for the morning and evening tips?
Thanks!

I would recommend $5 in the morning and $2 in the evening regardless of the amount of people in the room...JMO...:goodvibes

Trying to book our Christmas trip. Will the Beach Club lounge be open by the week of Christmas??? Thanks!

Hey vb Nice to see you! :wave2:

I'm not sure what the estimated completion date of the lounge is, but I do know that the lounge and CL rooms are the first to get refurbed (which started August 4), so I would imagine it would be done by Christmas time. If you are able to book a CL room, that would be a good indicator that the rooms would be completed, along with the lounge, since that's where they started ;).

Hi BlueSkies :wave:

You can also call them on the phone. They are great on the phone, especially when you are working with a time crunch.

Pog juice is made for disney and I believe only at poly and gf.

I love to mix it with my merlot or over the rocks straight. Yum:goodvibes
So no recipe. Oh well. I'll try to make my own mixture with some juices like pineapple and maybe mango juice and see how that tastes.

I sure do miss WDW.:sad:

So no recipe. Oh well. I'll try to make my own mixture with some juices like pineapple and maybe mango juice and see how that tastes.

I sure do miss WDW.:sad:

POG= pineapple, orange, guava. Sorry I don't know how much of each.

Hi mickeynut and BlueSkies :wave2:

Thank you guys so much! I am going to spend the weekend finalizing my requests and call them on Monday morning. Fingers crossed! :D

So does no one just leave one big tip at the end of your stay? It seems kind of odd to me to leave a tip twice a day every single day.. maybe I'm the odd one! LOL

So does no one just leave one big tip at the end of your stay? It seems kind of odd to me to leave a tip twice a day every single day.. maybe I'm the odd one! LOL

That's the way I used to tip at hotels -- until I realized that the person who had cleaned my room for five days might not be working on day six when I leave the tip and check out.

That's the way I used to tip at hotels -- until I realized that the person who had cleaned my room for five days might not be working on day six when I leave the tip and check out.

Exactly this. :thumbsup2

I'm sure a good amount of people do tip at the end, and it probably all balances out in the long run, but doing it each day seems to be better.

You might also get better service each day when they get the tips as you go along...

I would recommend $5 in the morning and $2 in the evening regardless of the amount of people in the room...JMO...:goodvibes

Hey vb Nice to see you! :wave2:

Hey BlueSkies! I am at it again trying to figure out if we should stay WL CL or BC CL over Christmas. We stayed in the GF villas this summer and oh my it was lovely!! Hope you are doing well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter