EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Hi everyone! Hope y'all are enjoying your day! I officially have 248 days until my first CL stay! Funny story: This trip was for myself and my sis, but this weekend when my parents learned that we were staying at GF, they decided they wanted to come along. So that's funny. They don't know, however, that we are staying Club Level! Woohoo!! So I get to surprise them with that when we get there.

Quick question: We are booked at GF RPC Theme Park View. I'd really like to make sure that we get a castle view if that's at all possible. Should I email IPO to make that a request now, or wait a little while? Does anyone know if most of the TPV rooms in the main building have a Castle view, or are they more of Space Mountain? (Not that we don't love SM, but the Castle...ah....)

Thanks in advance for the advice! :goodvibes

Courtney

Hi All!!

We stayed at Poly CL last October, and absolutely LOVED it! It was our first experience with CL, and it was an amazing experience!! We are headed back to Disney in September, and are trying to decide on which resort to choose? BWI, BC or CR??

Our first choice would be Poly again, hands down! But, the pool is going to be closed for refurb, it just won't work this time!!

So, trying to decide which to choose! Obviously the CL experience itself matters, but also heavily factored in has to be the pool and rooms!! It will be DH, Me, DS (12), DS (10), and DD (8) (I would personally choose CR, but I'm not sure it has the pool experience the kids are looking for! The kids LOVE the looks of the pool at BWI! And hubby wants to be able to walk to F&W!! See the dilemma??

TIA!!!

With 3 kids you'd definitely be more comfortable at the CR. The rooms are nice and spacious. The pool isn't fancy, but it does have a slide and we were able to find chairs. We were in a very small dormer room at the BC CL last week and ended up moving because we were going stir crazy with just our 2 boys. There's no way I would survive in that room with 3 kids. A deluxe room at the BWI would definitely be the best idea! :goodvibes Then you'd have the extra sitting area! :thumbsup2
Have you considered the GF at all?

Hi everyone! Hope y'all are enjoying your day! I officially have 248 days until my first CL stay! Funny story: This trip was for myself and my sis, but this weekend when my parents learned that we were staying at GF, they decided they wanted to come along. So that's funny. They don't know, however, that we are staying Club Level! Woohoo!! So I get to surprise them with that when we get there.

Quick question: We are booked at GF RPC Theme Park View. I'd really like to make sure that we get a castle view if that's at all possible. Should I email IPO to make that a request now, or wait a little while? Does anyone know if most of the TPV rooms in the main building have a Castle view, or are they more of Space Mountain? (Not that we don't love SM, but the Castle...ah....)

Thanks in advance for the advice! :goodvibes

Courtney

I'm not familiar with every possible room view, but our GF RPC theme park view room was over Gasparilla's and had a direct view of the castle. :) If you are around the corner and over Mizner's Lounge the view would be more turned at an angle, but I would assume you'd still see the castle from that part. Hopefully someone with more experience can verify that.

With 3 kids you'd definitely be more comfortable at the CR. The rooms are nice and spacious. The pool isn't fancy, but it does have a slide and we were able to find chairs. We were in a very small dormer room at the BC CL last week and ended up moving because we were going stir crazy with just our 2 boys. There's no way I would survive in that room with 3 kids. A deluxe room at the BWI would definitely be the best idea! :goodvibes Then you'd have the extra sitting area! :thumbsup2
Have you considered the GF at all?

Thank you! What do you think of the CL Deluxe rooms at BC? I would also consider Deluxe room at BWI! The kids just aren't crazy about the GF! We would probably opt for CR, but its F&W, and would rather be close to Epcot!

Thank you! What do you think of the CL Deluxe rooms at BC? I would also consider Deluxe room at BWI! The kids just aren't crazy about the GF! We would probably opt for CR, but its F&W, and would rather be close to Epcot!

Honestly, I'm steering clear of BC CL until the rehab is done. The lounge is just too small and cramped, I could barely get a cup of coffee in there last week. Plus I think almost all the CMs who used to work up there are gone. And the one who was still there that I spoke with said he's getting ready to move to the YC side while the BC CL is closed. They are already in a state of transition. Also the rooms are showing age and I think they've stopped repairing things. Our room had missing switchplates, leaking faucets, etc. Once the rehab is done I'm sure it's going to be fabulous! :goodvibes

I've personally seen the BWI CL deluxe room, a friend of mine was staying in one while we were in a garden view. It is really nice! :thumbsup2 I've never been able to find one with my AP discount but if I could I would jump at the chance! ::yes::

Honestly, I'm steering clear of BC CL until the rehab is done. The lounge is just too small and cramped, I could barely get a cup of coffee in there last week. Plus I think almost all the CMs who used to work up there are gone. And the one who was still there that I spoke with said he's getting ready to move to the YC side while the BC CL is closed. They are already in a state of transition. Also the rooms are showing age and I think they've stopped repairing things. Our room had missing switchplates, leaking faucets, etc. Once the rehab is done I'm sure it's going to be fabulous! :goodvibes

I've personally seen the BWI CL deluxe room, a friend of mine was staying in one while we were in a garden view. It is really nice! :thumbsup2 I've never been able to find one with my AP discount but if I could I would jump at the chance! ::yes::

Thank you SO much!! I just wish they weren't totally destroying the Poly!! That is where I really, REALLY want to go!! It had everything!

Thank you SO much!! I just wish they weren't totally destroying the Poly!! That is where I really, REALLY want to go!! It had everything!

Oh I know! I totally agree. Im trying to remain optimistic about the final product. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Evening everyone! I have a quick question about room requests--do I make my request online and with the IPO? If I make a request with the IPO, would it be at the 60 day mark too? We're heading to AKL but not until August and I think a bunk bed room is the only thing that could make our trip complete! Thanks in advance. :-)

Amy

Evening everyone! I have a quick question about room requests--do I make my request online and with the IPO? If I make a request with the IPO, would it be at the 60 day mark too? We're heading to AKL but not until August and I think a bunk bed room is the only thing that could make our trip complete! Thanks in advance. :-)

Amy

Amy

The best way to make a room request is to call the reservations line and have the CM add your requests to your reservation. You can do that anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

Amy

I make my room requests with CRO and IPO immediately upon making my reservation. According to what I was told last week at the BC, the room assignor doesn't even look at the IPO notes, they go by what it says on the CRO reservation. Now I'm not sure that's completely accurate, because I've had rooms assigned to me by IPO at YC before. So maybe it just depends on who you ask. Or maybe it varies by resort. But I think it's smart to have them listed in both places. Then I always ask at check-in if they were honored, and if not can they move me. If you followed my trip last week you probably know that my requests were not met and they couldn't move me. I checked every day for 4 days to see about a room change. We ended up switching resorts. I think the best philosophy is to just assume you aren't going to get your requests, just so you won't be disappointed. :)

Honestly, I'm steering clear of BC CL until the rehab is done. The lounge is just too small and cramped, I could barely get a cup of coffee in there last week. Plus I think almost all the CMs who used to work up there are gone. And the one who was still there that I spoke with said he's getting ready to move to the YC side while the BC CL is closed. They are already in a state of transition. Also the rooms are showing age and I think they've stopped repairing things. Our room had missing switchplates, leaking faucets, etc. Once the rehab is done I'm sure it's going to be fabulous! :goodvibes I've personally seen the BWI CL deluxe room, a friend of mine was staying in one while we were in a garden view. It is really nice! :thumbsup2 I've never been able to find one with my AP discount but if I could I would jump at the chance! ::yes::

Do we know when the rehab is taking place? We have reservations at BC CL for Sep 20-27. Thanks!

Do we know when the rehab is taking place? We have reservations at BC CL for Sep 20-27. Thanks!

No official start date has been announced, but all the castmembers I talked to last week were thinking it would start this summer. Of course that's just their guess based on talk around the building. The club level will remain open as they work on the lounge construction, and a temporary lounge will be setup in the Presidential suite. Then after that the whole floor will shut down while they renovate the rooms. We stayed at the YC when their lounge was temporarily setup in a the pres. suite and it worked fine. :)

Still narrowing it down...Which would you choose???

YC: Standard View CL OR BWI: Deluxe Room CL?? The kids really want SAB, but I'd really like a nice view!

TIA!

YC: Standard View CL OR BWI: Deluxe Room CL?? The kids really want SAB, but I'd really like a nice view!

TIA!

I have stayed both and I know all about the need for a good view! My number one priority for a trip. But if you are there in the summer months, no contest YC CL even with standard view. Maybe note in the notes "pretty view" or something like that. But for the hot summer SAB cannot be beat.

TIA!

Tossing in something else to consider-

There are some nice advantages to a BWI Deluxe CL room. Those rooms are very spacious (over 600sqft) and they all come with a lovely view of Crescent Lake.

TIA!

I would go with the deluxe room at BWI CL. With 3 kids that extra space is going to be so nice. Plus SAB can be insane in the summer. It's very hard to find chairs unless you go early in the morning. It is a great pool but I wouldn't base my hotel decision off of it alone.

I would go with the deluxe room at BWI CL. With 3 kids that extra space is going to be so nice. Plus SAB can be insane in the summer. It's very hard to find chairs unless you go early in the morning. It is a great pool but I wouldn't base my hotel decision off of it alone.

This is exactly where I was headed with my decision! Even though the kids are a little older (7,9,11), I always freak out if I lose them in a crowd!! We are going mid-September, but assume it is always crowded?

Thank you everyone for your help!!!

Update: Crazy Clown Slide It Is!!! Just booked BWI-Deluxe CL!! Thanks again for the input!!

This is exactly where I was headed with my decision! Even though the kids are a little older (7,9,11), I always freak out if I lose them in a crowd!! We are going mid-September, but assume it is always crowded?

Update: Crazy Clown Slide It Is!!! Just booked BWI-Deluxe CL!! Thanks again for the input!!

Congrats!! :dance3:

Good choice! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I've been checking availability every day for the epcot resorts in June. Nothing at YC, BC, or BWI, so I've got a deposit down on a one bedroom villa at Boardwalk. It's not really what I want, but we need to be close to Star Wars weekend. My kids are so spoiled to CL I will have to get up early every morning to put out a breakfast spread for them. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter