EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I feel a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders! :cloud9: I really didn't want to miss the chance of doing RPC with my discount. I also changed our airfare and it was basically the same price thanks to Southwest not having any change fees. :D It's just all falling into place now. I can't wait to see the beautiful view, it will be the best trip report EVER!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
image.jpg
Just wanted to see if I could post this from my phone... Your beautiful turret room!

We are booked at YC CL July 18-24th. Getting a little nervous with everyone's report with the CL experience. Hope we made the right choice. Seems like a no brainier with 3 teenage boys.

I was pretty upset when I first heard about that one incident, but evidently, that's all it was...one incident, probably due to the "bartender" not being fully aware of the policy. I've heard plenty of great reports since then:) I'm going to BC CL May 30th and I'm very excited! I think the bigger concern might be "chair piggies" at SAB (as they refer to them on the BC/YC thread. I didn't have a problem getting a chair at the pool last year, so I hope I won't this time either. I think you'll be happy with your choice because July is hot and SAB is awesome!

I am obsessing about a resort switch and want to see what people think. Based on the construction permits issued for WL, I'm becoming concerned there might be another major construction project underway by the time I arrive in late August for an 11 night CL stay. I wouldn't mind DVC south wing work too much, but I would be bummed out if there were overwater bungalows being built as I imagine beach access would be severely affected, not to mention the noise and general disruption of a big project. Quiet time lounging at the resort is a big priority for me this trip. So now I'm thinking about switching to the Grand to be on the safe side. I love SL, but I would prefer the WL for this trip if there isn't too much work going on. I know Disney doesn't give much warning on these kinds of activities. I would hate to be stuck with construction if I can't get into SL later on. Am I over-worrying?

I know what you're saying, I was originally booked to stay WL CL in November, then I read about the permit being filed via another website and took the decision to switch. I spend quite a bit of time relaxing at the resort and the last thing I wanted was to be in the middle of construction. I would have stressed too much leading up to my trip.

Hi pas :wave:

Watch that airfare and get booking, girl!!! :goodvibes

Disney at Christmas time is amazing and is probably my favorite time to go. We've been a couple of times during December and it never gets old being there surrounded by all of the gorgeous decorations, along with all of the holiday events going on :santa:.

Hi Blue :wave2:

I have always found this odd. It seems strange that they offer the RPC king deluxe online, but not the queen deluxe :confused:.

Splitting between a MK resort and Epcot resort is the best of both worlds :thumbsup2.

Hey MickeyNut :goodvibes I agree so strange that you can book one deluxe room category on line...but not the other...:confused3

Well I changed it! I took the deluxe king room 7/25-8/1 :banana: Thanks so much everyone for your help and advice! Better go update my countdown! :D

I feel a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders! :cloud9: I really didn't want to miss the chance of doing RPC with my discount. I also changed our airfare and it was basically the same price thanks to Southwest not having any change fees. :D It's just all falling into place now. I can't wait to see the beautiful view, it will be the best trip report EVER!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Congratulations!!! :dance3: You are going to really enjoy these very beautiful rooms!!! :goodvibes
Hi blue and mickeynut!!! Waving and hugs back at ya!!!!

pas Enjoying your TR! :goodvibes

dispro :cloud9: Beautiful picture!! I tried to post pics from my phone...after a great tutorial from Trish (thanks again Trish)..But I get a error message that says my file is too large....????????????? And I have no clue how to size it on my phone...lol....Thanks for sharing your photo....it really showcases how nice those turret deluxe rooms are...:goodvibes

Blue I have such an issue trying to post my saved Memory Maker pics from last summer, file to large UGH...I can't wait to get to Stone Harbor Club!! We added a night on so 7 glorious nights YAY

Question about WL Club Level rooms: how are the enclosed balconies? We've done two previous trips (with my sister and her family) and stayed at AKL, Club Level. Loved AKL, but we grew a bit tired of taking the bus everywhere on our last trip. So we decided to try WL. But we always enjoyed sitting out on our AKL balcony, watching the animals. Any feedback on the WL enclosed balconies?

Question about WL Club Level rooms: how are the enclosed balconies? We've done two previous trips (with my sister and her family) and stayed at AKL, Club Level. Loved AKL, but we grew a bit tired of taking the bus everywhere on our last trip. So we decided to try WL. But we always enjoyed sitting out on our AKL balcony, watching the animals. Any feedback on the WL enclosed balconies?

Basically they're only good for standing to look out, if you sit down you'll just stare at a wall.

dispro :cloud9: Beautiful picture!! I tried to post pics from my phone...after a great tutorial from Trish (thanks again Trish)..But I get a error message that says my file is too large....????????????? And I have no clue how to size it on my phone...lol....Thanks for sharing your photo....it really showcases how nice those turret deluxe rooms are...:goodvibes

Actually, I learned how to do this from Trish's tutorial she posted for you:) So thanks Trish! And as you know Blue, the pictures don't do justice...since the room is round, you can't show all those beautiful windows in one picture. Plus, the walk in closet!

I was pretty upset when I first heard about that one incident, but evidently, that's all it was...one incident, probably due to the "bartender" not being fully aware of the policy. I've heard plenty of great reports since then:) I'm going to BC CL May 30th and I'm very excited! I think the bigger concern might be "chair piggies" at SAB (as they refer to them on the BC/YC thread. I didn't have a problem getting a chair at the pool last year, so I hope I won't this time either. I think you'll be happy with your choice because July is hot and SAB is awesome!

You know the chair hogs really bother me. We go every year in July and usually do not have an issue getting a chair. We are not doing parks this year so we will be at the pool bright and early, so I'm sure we will not have an issue. We have 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 teenage boys. We usually only take 3 chairs for all 5 of us. The boys are in the pool for almost the entire time we are there, so I feel like we shouldn't be holding chairs that they may only use for a short time.

I have had great success using online check-in my last several CL stays. Unless you have some very specific room requests that aren't listed as options you can select when doing the online check-in process. If that's the case then I would call to confirm those over the phone.

When you do online check in for CL do you still check in with the CM out front and go to the CL lobby for check in or do you go straight to the room?

On one hand, it's not ideal because you do need to stand to see the view. On the other hand, I do like the coziness. For example, it rained really hard one day of our stay last month, and it was nice to be out on the balcony listening to the rain and not getting wet. I sat out on the balcony after the boys went to sleep a couple times, and it was much better than I expected. We stood by the railing to watch the EWP one night - very fun and I didn't mind standing for that. Overall, I prefer the ability to see out while seated, but I still really enjoyed it.

You know the chair hogs really bother me. We go every year in July and usually do not have an issue getting a chair. We are not doing parks this year so we will be at the pool bright and early, so I'm sure we will not have an issue. We have 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 teenage boys. We usually only take 3 chairs for all 5 of us. The boys are in the pool for almost the entire time we are there, so I feel like we shouldn't be holding chairs that they may only use for a short time.

That's really the way everyone should do it! My 11 year old never uses a chair, so we don't need to reserve one for her. Most kids are in the pool! I think another problem is simply that people don't remove their towels when they leave. It's really not that difficult to put them in the towel return! I hope you enjoy the pool this summer. I can hardly wait:)

On one hand, it's not ideal because you do need to stand to see the view. On the other hand, I do like the coziness. For example, it rained really hard one day of our stay last month, and it was nice to be out on the balcony listening to the rain and not getting wet. I sat out on the balcony after the boys went to sleep a couple times, and it was much better than I expected. We stood by the railing to watch the EWP one night - very fun and I didn't mind standing for that. Overall, I prefer the ability to see out while seated, but I still really enjoyed it.

I am a total balcony girl, and I loved the WL experience so much I didn't mind the enclosed balcony as much as I thought I would. I loved hanging out in the lounge, where there are beautiful views of the courtyard, lake and lobby, so that made up for the lack of view from the room. As Pixarmom said, it's cozy and still a nice place to hang out and read and relax.

I spent most of our down time at WL CL sitting near the lounge overlooking the Christmas tree. :) That was better than the balcony view. :thumbsup2

I am a total balcony girl, and I loved the WL experience so much I didn't mind the enclosed balcony as much as I thought I would. I loved hanging out in the lounge, where there are beautiful views of the courtyard, lake and lobby, so that made up for the lack of view from the room. As Pixarmom said, it's cozy and still a nice place to hang out and read and relax.
It was cozy and I could see the fireworks from my room while standing BUT out of all the resorts I have stayed at this is the worst balcony.

Yet I spent so much time in the lounge with Circusgirl and could see the castle from my room in the end I didn't mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter