EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

So funny that just last night I posted that I'd given up on YC/BC! ;)
SO excited for you!!!!:cool1:
I think I wrote the book on resort changing... 15 years of practice ;)
Resort changing is all about persistence, and it pays!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

I had a similar experience at BWI. There was a grandparent couple staying in one of the really large suites. Their kids and grandkids were there too, staying in various rooms. The grandmother would come in during the day/evening hours with the tray that they leave on the dresser and literally clear out entire sections of food.

I complained about it (because one day she came in and took the entire plate of chocolate chip cookies) and one of the CMs said that, 'trays were not allowed, I didn't see her'. Then she came in with her tray when he was there and he just said hi to here and waved. I thought it was aggravating. That time she did say to me, 'y'all go ahead first, because I am going to have to get a lot!' or some nonsense.

So it's the luck of the draw regarding lounge guests.
Sure is, and it really impacts the overall experience of the CL.

Hey gang :)
I'm starting to get into panic mode with vacation readiness! :goodvibes I was organizing summer clothes today, I am TERRIFIED my kids aren't going to fit into any of their clothes from last summer. Then I am going to be up a creek. :lmao: I ordered some sandals and stuff with express shipping! How is it that we count the days til vacation and then when it finally comes we aren't prepared??? :rolleyes1 It was in the single digits here yesterday, this is the longest most horrid winter ever, I can't wait to feel sunshine!! :cloud9:

Looks like questions are getting answered ... yes you can get beer and wine during the day if you ask, no hard liquor is correct, water is available in plastic bottles at YC/BC as supplies last, some resorts have either carafes of water or large glass bottles. I am jealous for those headed to YC CL, I am still checking availability every day just in case someone cancels. :angel: But I'm happy with CR CL, I'm sure it will be great. The kids still think we're headed to AKL CL so they are going to FLIP OUT when we pull into CR. :banana:

Over the next 5 days I might not be on here as much, but my live report will start in a couple of days so I'll post a link once I get it started! :wizard:
:dance3: I hear ya on the summer clothes, my kids are like bean sprouts this year..maybe from all the snow! Will be on the lookout for the link!
Hi pas :wave2:. How awful about the family that constantly took plate fulls and the man who took all of the cookies :sad2:.
It was ridiculous! They were the same with afternoon scones and evening apps..but the CMs got more. Plus the family didn't like the African themed appys. And hi back at you :hug:

Hi All, I am working on my contigency plans hoping for fall discounts and was wondering if anyone had a link or knew what the Stnd views at the YC CL is? Are they really bad like parking lot or rooftops? If the stars align with the fall discounts and Orbitz discount is it worth paying $50 more a night for LV over STD view? :confused3 ( we are balcony sitters)

This may have been covered but I'm new to the thread & haven't read back, when should we expect to be contacted by IPO? I booked back in December, our reservation is 10/25/14 - 11/01/14 at AKL - CL. We will be coming up on our 180 day reservation mark for ADR's next month & really want to try to get a reservation for CRT. Should I be getting something from them soon or should I reach out to IPO myself? Any info would be helpful, this is our first time staying CL & I just want to make sure I don't miss it.

This may have been covered but I'm new to the thread & haven't read back, when should we expect to be contacted by IPO? I booked back in December, our reservation is 10/25/14 - 11/01/14 at AKL - CL. We will be coming up on our 180 day reservation mark for ADR's next month & really want to try to get a reservation for CRT. Should I be getting something from them soon or should I reach out to IPO myself? Any info would be helpful, this is our first time staying CL & I just want to make sure I don't miss it.

Hi mch521,
I'd go ahead and send them a hello email. I include my last name and reservation # in the subject line. AKL CL is usually pretty prompt in getting back to you. Here's their email (if you right click and copy it, it will paste fine)
animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.com

You might ask them when they'd like your ADR list as well as any other questions you might have. If I have a room request, I usually email that, too.

You probably already know this, but your visit will be during Epcot Food and Wine. There are things you can book during that time, they typically open for booking in around Aug. I keep an eye on the Restaurant board staring in July for rumors and the release of a firm date for when we can book those dinners and events. Even if you don't book the special events, it's lots of fun to visit the food booths.

I think it looks like you'll be there (at least for the 31st?) during the Swan/Dolphin Food Classic. In case you'd like more info, here's the link:
http://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

Hope this helps. Happy Planning! :goodvibes

Hi All, I am working on my contigency plans hoping for fall discounts and was wondering if anyone had a link or knew what the Stnd views at the YC CL is? Are they really bad like parking lot or rooftops? If the stars align with the fall discounts and Orbitz discount is it worth paying $50 more a night for LV over STD view? :confused3 ( we are balcony sitters)

We've done standard view at YC CL, it overlooks the front entrance of the hotel, not too terrible, and in the distance you can see Wishes. :)
$50 isn't bad at all for a better view, normally it's more than that. We had LV last year and it was AWESOME! I loved overlooking the water and the boardwalk. :)

Definitely contact them. I do that all the time. Sometimes they contact me first but usually I get in touch with them right away. :)

If it was me, I would definitely pay the extra for a LV...especially if you are balcony people like us. Lagoon views are so pretty!

Standard views at YC are usually parking lot views. Most aren't too bad, but a few have some pretty "interesting" views of flat rooftops or service areas. Check out the last page (page 36) of this thread to see what I mean:

Worst Room Views Thread

And, I speak from experience...we got put in a YC CL Standard View room that had the "service area / dumpster" view. :crazy2:

I love a great view and the LV at YC can't be beat!

I'm rethinking my YC standard view, but don't want to rebook with Orbitz. Are there likely to be LV rooms when we check in that we could pay to upgrade to?

It was ridiculous! They were the same with afternoon scones and evening apps..but the CMs got more. Plus the family didn't like the African themed appys. And hi back at you :hug:

:goodvibes

Glad the CMs brought more apps out, but it's sad that some peeps act that way :sad2:.

I'm rethinking my YC standard view, but don't want to rebook with Orbitz. Are there likely to be LV rooms when we check in that we could pay to upgrade to?

There could possibly be a LV available at check in, but I think if you wait until that time to do the upgrade, you will be quoted rack rate for the upgrade as I don't think your discount will carry over. Hopefully someone will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you all for your help, I will send out an email tomorrow. Love this thread, you're all so helpful!!!

Yeah!! Officially booked at WL CL 7/11-7/16!!! Can't wait!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If it was me, I would definitely pay the extra for a LV...especially if you are balcony people like us. Lagoon views are so pretty!

Standard views at YC are usually parking lot views. Most aren't too bad, but a few have some pretty "interesting" views of flat rooftops or service areas. Check out the last page (page 36) of this thread to see what I mean:

Worst Room Views Thread

And, I speak from experience...we got put in a YC CL Standard View room that had the "service area / dumpster" view. :crazy2:

I love a great view and the LV at YC can't be beat!

Oh my word!!!:eek: I think I'm going to go for LV CL if it come up for discount for sure!! (Thinking the odds of GV being part of the discount will be pretty small) Thanks for your input!! :love:

I booked my two CL stays through Orbitz on the summer discount, so this was the first time I didn't deal with my TA. If I want to put in a room request, can I do that with the IPO, or do I need to call Orbitz and have them do it?

Hey there :wave2:

I'm usually a silent reader of the site - but have some questions! I am taking my dad to Disney F&W for his birthday in late October. While I was growing up he always took us to Disney and spared no expense. So, needless to say, I want to make this a special trip for him!

I have never stayed CL before & we currently have a regular garden view rooms @ the BC booked. But in order to upgrade to club level, we'd have to move to YC or BWI, which is fine, buuuuut...

Does anyone have insight as to whether the YC renovation will be done by then? I'm probably overthinking it, but I don't want to deal with any construction. How are the club level rooms at BWI? Are there a lot of stairs in the resort?

My other option is doing normal rooms at GF (appears all the Club Level rooms are unavailable), which he'd like too bc that's where we stayed growing up. But it's farther from the festival, obvi, & I want him to be able to hop back & take a nap & have a snack if he's tired.

Oh! And do the CL rooms ever get included in the discounts?

All thoughts & recs are welcome - thank you! :flower3:

I would highly recommend YC CL for the F&W festival!!! I don't think you could ask for anything better. There isn't a rehab scheduled at the YC that I know of, only the BC CL. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

And yes they do offer discounts for club level rooms. But when you find one grab it quickly! :) Or work with a TA who can help you. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Info from the Yacht & Beach Club thread is that Yacht Club will get a rehab after Beach Club's is completed. BC's rehab is to begin this fall, so YC probably will begin sometime in 2015.

In going over details for my short surprise trip with the kids later this month, I have two questions - hoping someone can help! I just traveled with them on my own for Princess Half Marathon weekend last month (my husband joined us for the last night only) and it was pretty easy between magical express, BWI CL, runDisney transportation (to expo, to 5K with the kids, to kids races with the kids, etc.) But this time, I'm driving in from the beach (boo - will miss magical express.) So my plan is to just valet the car at Poly, check in, eat breakfast in the lounge and head to MK. I don't plan to see the car until we leave. The next morning, we're going to Epcot EMH so . . .

1) At BC CL, we just bring our luggage to the CM desk and they take care of calling bell services to store it. We didn't have to wait for bell services in our room or take our luggage to the lobby. Will Poly CL do the same? I'm pretty sure we'll fit everything in one bag since it's such a short stay - and they are boys - they don't need many clothes. :)

2) Non-CL question here, but sources differ regarding whether the monorail from TTC to Epcot will run an hour before EMH or an hour before park opening. I just realized I've never done an Epcot morning EMH from a monorail resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter