EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Is asking for Lake vs Pool better or Pool vs lake? I do want a full balcony. I am just so excited to be staying at a deluxe resort for the first time!!!!!!

Wow! Your first deluxe stay! That's great!!! :) I'm sure you're going to love it, the BC is great. Make sure you visit the Yacht and Beach FAQ thread here on the DIS, they are an amazing and welcoming group of BC lovers! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Just popping in to say "HI" :wave: We have another snowy day and I am looking forward to our summer split stay at Poly CL and BC CL so much right now! I think I will be doing lots of Disney dreaming today... at Poly I have requested "first floor facing the lagoon" in hopes of getting one of the GV rooms on that side of the Hawaii building so we don't have to stare at the East Pool construction and at BC I have requested "Full balcony" because that is really the only thing we care about there! Now, just to wait for the Lava pool to open so we can book our cabana at Poly!

Just popping in to say "HI" :wave: We have another snowy day and I am looking forward to our summer split stay at Poly CL and BC CL so much right now! I think I will be doing lots of Disney dreaming today... at Poly I have requested "first floor facing the lagoon" in hopes of getting one of the GV rooms on that side of the Hawaii building so we don't have to stare at the East Pool construction and at BC I have requested "Full balcony" because that is really the only thing we care about there! Now, just to wait for the Lava pool to open so we can book our cabana at Poly!

Do you know how many Poly CL GV rooms are on the lagoon side now? I'd be curious to know. You're doing one of my favorite splits! Love the Poly and the BC! :lovestruc

Question about room size at GL Sugar Loaf - Does anyone know if the rooms there are bigger than a regular non-club level room?

We've stayed at one of the non-club level rooms, and last time stayed in a king suite in the RPC. I know it won't be as big as the suite, but wonder if its bigger than the standard rooms.

Question about room size at GL Sugar Loaf - Does anyone know if the rooms there are bigger than a regular non-club level room?

We've stayed at one of the non-club level rooms, and last time stayed in a king suite in the RPC. I know it won't be as big as the suite, but wonder if its bigger than the standard rooms.

The standard rooms in SL are the same size as non-CL and standard RPC rooms. Unless you get a deluxe room that has a sitting area, the room will be the same size as the non-CL room you had in the past. Also wanted to mention that a deluxe room in SL is not a bookable category, but can be requested.

Do you know how many Poly CL GV rooms are on the lagoon side now? I'd be curious to know. You're doing one of my favorite splits! Love the Poly and the BC! :lovestruc

I feel like 8 rooms - I saw it on a map from Tikiman - maybe 10 rooms? it's not a lot... but my fingers, toes and eyes are crossed in hopes of scoring one! We have never stayed BC CL - we stayed at the YC in the fall with a split at GF and LOVED the atmosphere of the Epcot resorts - can't wait to try out BC and all of the renovations!!

Hi all!! I posted a separate thread also, but I'm deciding between club levels, so I know you guys can help! I'm currently booked at WL CL from 9/30-10/4. I found a deal where I'm able to switch to Poly CL and add an extra night for less money. I love the theming at WL, but the extra space and the food options at Poly are so tempting! I'm worried about the construction though. Any suggestions?

The standard rooms in SL are the same size as non-CL and standard RPC rooms. Unless you get a deluxe room that has a sitting area, the room will be the same size as the non-CL room you had in the past. Also wanted to mention that a deluxe room in SL is not a bookable category, but can be requested.
Thank you, that is very helpful. I might look into trying to request a deluxe room since we have my MIL staying with us this time. It would be nice to have a little extra space.

What would your top picks for club level be in July and why?

My choice would be Poly CL for the proximity of the lounge to the main pool. We love the Poly and although we haven't tried CL there, the location of the lounge is great for grabbing snacks/drinks throughout the day while relaxing by the pool. Another great choice (IMO) if you want convenience of the lounge while spending time at the pool is GF SL. I didn't care for the SL lounge itself as I found it to be small and very chaotic, but the SL building is located right next to the courtyard pool, which makes it nice for frequenting the lounge while spending some down time at the pool.

Hi all!! I posted a separate thread also, but I'm deciding between club levels, so I know you guys can help! I'm currently booked at WL CL from 9/30-10/4. I found a deal where I'm able to switch to Poly CL and add an extra night for less money. I love the theming at WL, but the extra space and the food options at Poly are so tempting! I'm worried about the construction though. Any suggestions?

I can't comment on Poly CL as we haven't tried it, but I have read a lot of great things about it and that would be my choice. We loved WL CL, but the Poly is our favorite resort overall. I haven't kept up on the progress of the construction, but I would think most of the major construction would be done by Sept/Oct. With that said, you can't go wrong with WL CL as it's amazing, but I would opt for an extra night for less money at the Poly without hesitation. Good luck.

Thank you, that is very helpful. I might look into trying to request a deluxe room since we have my MIL staying with us this time. It would be nice to have a little extra space.

You're welcome :).

I would definitely request a deluxe room. Also, sometimes requests get overlooked, so if you aren't assigned a deluxe room, you can always ask if one is available. It's not guaranteed you will get it, but it never hurts to ask as we have always found the CMs to be very accommodating whenever possible.

What would your top picks for club level be in July and why?

I would say Yacht or Beach. Even though Stormalong Bay is crowded in the summer it's still the best pool in my opinion. I can't really give an opinion about the Poly until the pool is done, but it would normally be a favorite of mine for summer. :) I'm not a huge fan of swimming, but it is so darn hot in the summer it feels likes HEAVEN jumping in the water! :lovestruc Drink a sunken treasure, jump in the water to cool off, lay in the sun, and repeat! :rotfl:

Hmmmmm, that's a tough one. Normally I would say Poly CL no question, but I'm not sure what the state of the construction will be at that time. Maybe just book it and then if the construction is looking really bad you can switch??? But that's during free dining so rooms at the WL will go very quickly. Hmmmm, tough choice!

I'm going to start a list of DISers with future club level stays who might want to arrange meet ups in the club lounge. Every time I go down to WDW I always regret I didn't think of this! :D Anyone who wants to be added just comment here or send me a PM with your dates and resort. :grouphug: I've added the list to page 1, post #3.

Last edited:
I'm going to start a list of DISers with future club level stays who might want to arrange meet ups in the club lounge. Every time I go down to WDW I always regret I didn't think of this! :D Anyone who wants to be added just comment here or send me a PM with your dates and resort. :grouphug: I've added the list to page 1, post #3.
I was so lucky! Blueskies from the GF thread was at Poly Cl in November same as me and then Circusgirl with her great pictures was at Wl cl in January.One trip was with my mom and second with my teen daughter. I thought both would be annoyed with my wanting to "hang" with my DIS peeps but in the end they enjoyed it too!

In my Steven Tyler RR voice " I love this idea"

I would request full balcony and lake view! But the pool views are nice too. :)
Hey Pixarmom! My kids want to do the run either 1/8 or 9 next year. Does it matter which resort you stay at? Is club level helpful or not needed? I was thinking of just doing BLT 2 br and have whole family. DD and DS will both be in College and have the same, nice long winter break.

Are you running this year and is this the race you do?

Some impressions on AKL CL now that I'm back:

It was hit or miss as far as crowds. Generally it was manageable. I would say I was about get a table about half the time. 5pm drinks/apps time was the worst time to go.

A lot of things are technically available but you have to ask for them at times: to-go cups for coffee, bevs like chocolate milk, wine.

There was never a shortage of coffee or tea makings, and plenty of carbs in the morning.

Due to the lack of things like to-go cups (available on request) or trays, if there is nowhere to sit it's also not really feasible to bring anything back to your room, or at least nothing more than one small drink and one small plate. There are no outlying seating areas. The lobby of the hotel also seems constantly packed (last night we saw multiple people literally sleeping on the hotel lobby couches), so taking your stuff down there isn't feasible either.

They put out very small coffee/tea/drink cups and keep food items (and chocolate milk) generally in short supply, so I found myself asking for things a lot. I don't know if this is a cost-cutting measure or to discourage people from treating the concierge offerings as their personal all-day buffet. The drink glasses were so small I ended up buying a plastic lidded tumbler at a Walgreens nearby so I could have a normal glass's worth of iced tea (good tea).

This makes me nervous... sounds like I should off the bat tell the CMs that work the area that 99% of the time I am going to need a to=go cup, with our busy schedules there is no way I am not going to take a cup of coffee to go! our trip this year is a test trip for any CL because it's 12 days we figured the "Park Commandos" might need a break and actually have time to use it... BUT, if it's more of a pain than it's worth it will probably be the last time.

Great idea, Erika!! :thanks: I've run into so many DISers while at the Polynesian in the Hawaii building. It's fun to kind of "know" someone else there! :sunny:

My husband and I will be in Hawaii CL from Monday Aug 24 - Monday 31:flower:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter