EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Any room suggestion for RPC-Standard Room? Thanks!

Also, once construction is (mostly) completed, will TPV be worth it at Poly?

Thank you!!
Personally, we request no connecting door as our primary request. After that I request the area overlooking the the beach pool. Not really for the view but there are few standard rooms in that area and in general it is much more quiet than other areas. I don't like the hallway that the other standards are located on as everyone walks down that way to either the elevators or lounge if you are on that floor. The lounge is not far away from any of the rooms so I don't request that and frankly we like being away from the lounge as we find it noisy.

Our request are primarily for noise reduction. If you have another goal you may want other requests. I have a friend that requests the end of the hall closest to the TPV rooms for the view. Others do want to be on 4th floor with the lounge. HTH
tpv
This was my reply to a PP for RPC standard rooms. I have never been of the opinion that TPV was worth the surcharge at any resort other than CR. at Poly and GF you can generally book standard club level for the same price you would pay for a TPV room.

I'm currently booked BC CL (GV) in November, I've stayed before and am happy with the room category, but I'm considering swapping to WL CL - I've also stayed there before and loved the relaxed atmosphere. As I'm planning equal time at Epcot and MK I'm not too fussed about staying at BC for the location as I will then need to get to MK anyway but and this is what could swing it for me, the newly refurbished rooms at BC, they look gorgeous. I enjoyed my stay at BC but it was before the lounge was refurbished and it was always extremely busy, has anyone stayed at BC since the lounge was enlarged, is it much roomier/more opportunities to sit and relax? I like to relax at the resort and the WL CL had more chairs/tables plus I preferred the open area over the BC's (then) small lounge. At the moment I'm trying to decide WL or BC - the rate I've got for BC is less than the WL rate I've been given. Any thoughts please?

I'm dying to try one of the newly refurbished rooms at the BC, I checked for my next two trips but they are booked solid. I think the whole club floor is done now isn't it? I haven't stayed on top of things too much with the refurb schedule. The new lounge looks amazing and there have been many reports back that say it is giant! Lots of seating and more food options. I think it would definitely be worth checking out. I'm a bit biased to the Epcot resort area, but even taking location out of the equation I'd still vote BC. Our WL CL room in December was nice but really small and a bit worn down.

i'm confused about this IPO thing. we are only staying at AKL for one night. will we be contacted by email by this IPO group about any requests we may have before we leave home? would I ask them about getting a room close to the lobby or is this still a request for the online check in? what about special events, ie-this night stay is tacked on to a b2b dcl cruise to celebrate a 60th b-day. should I let them know? will it matter?
sorry about the questions, this will be a first cl stay and i'm not sure what to expect.

You don't need to wait to be contacted, you can go ahead and reach out to them via email or phone whenever you're ready. It doesn't matter how many nights you're staying, they will offer the same help even if you're just staying one night. I would definitely give IPO your requests and let them know about the birthday. Sometimes they do something special, we stayed at AKL CL last June for my son's 13th birthday and they had a gift for him in our room. Also one night stays have the greatest chance of a magical upgrade! You could end up in a suite. :)

Any room suggestion for RPC-Standard Room? Thanks!

Also, once construction is (mostly) completed, will TPV be worth it at Poly?

Thank you!!

We stayed in a standard GF RPC room in January and decided not to make any requests. We received a room overlooking the beach pool and it was spectacular. I can't figure out how to post photos with the dis changes - I upload and it always says the file is too large - but it was really an incredible view. So "overlooking beach pool" would be my request, but I'm not familiar with all the other options.

Does access just mean that my magic-band will let me in the lounge door or should I anticipate being offered the expedited check-in and the on-site concierge services? I don't really mind either way, just want to know what to expect!

We've stayed in a deluxe CL room at BC and the space is wonderful! You may want to request a full balcony because some of the deluxe rooms have standing balconies only. The check-in process at the club level desks is the same for the deluxe rooms - it's just a bit of a walk to the lounge.

I'm currently booked BC CL (GV) in November, I've stayed before and am happy with the room category, but I'm considering swapping to WL CL - I've also stayed there before and loved the relaxed atmosphere. As I'm planning equal time at Epcot and MK I'm not too fussed about staying at BC for the location as I will then need to get to MK anyway but and this is what could swing it for me, the newly refurbished rooms at BC, they look gorgeous. I enjoyed my stay at BC but it was before the lounge was refurbished and it was always extremely busy, has anyone stayed at BC since the lounge was enlarged, is it much roomier/more opportunities to sit and relax? I like to relax at the resort and the WL CL had more chairs/tables plus I preferred the open area over the BC's (then) small lounge. At the moment I'm trying to decide WL or BC - the rate I've got for BC is less than the WL rate I've been given. Any thoughts please?

So far, we've stayed BC CL several times and WL twice, but not yet CL. First, we split stays all the time, so I'd probably recommend a split between BC and WL! But if that's not in the cards for you, I'm happy to report back after we split between WL CL and BC CL for spring break! I'm guessing I'll prefer BC CL because I love the ability to walk to two parks and we spend a lot of time in Epcot. But I do like the WL lounge view into the lobby and out to the lake, and I've heard the CMs are very friendly in WL CL. I'll be sure to report back!

We stayed in a standard GF RPC room in January and decided not to make any requests. We received a room overlooking the beach pool and it was spectacular. I can't figure out how to post photos with the dis changes - I upload and it always says the file is too large - but it was really an incredible view. So "overlooking beach pool" would be my request, but I'm not familiar with all the other options.

We've stayed in a deluxe CL room at BC and the space is wonderful! You may want to request a full balcony because some of the deluxe rooms have standing balconies only. The check-in process at the club level desks is the same for the deluxe rooms - it's just a bit of a walk to the lounge.

So far, we've stayed BC CL several times and WL twice, but not yet CL. First, we split stays all the time, so I'd probably recommend a split between BC and WL! But if that's not in the cards for you, I'm happy to report back after we split between WL CL and BC CL for spring break! I'm guessing I'll prefer BC CL because I love the ability to walk to two parks and we spend a lot of time in Epcot. But I do like the WL lounge view into the lobby and out to the lake, and I've heard the CMs are very friendly in WL CL. I'll be sure to report back!

If you'd like to email the photos to me I can upload them for you :) ekmurphy12@aol.com

That's a nice view! :) Did the lights bother you at all???

Funny you should ask! Night lights outside never bother me and I always like to keep the curtains open. My husband does not. But he wasn't with us for that part of the trip, and I don't remember the boys complaining. I think the lights went down later at night. The view in the morning was amazing!

upload_2015-3-1_15-30-28.png

Another one from inside the room at night . . .

upload_2015-3-1_15-30-59.png

I'm so excited to stay there in June, really I can't imagine any room would be bad. :)

It will be great for you and the boys - orchestra playing, the quiet open corridors to the rooms, the great views, convenience of the monorail and really yummy CL snacks! I can't recall if you've stayed in RPC before - definitely among the most relaxing CLs on property. :)

It will be great for you and the boys - orchestra playing, the quiet open corridors to the rooms, the great views, convenience of the monorail and really yummy CL snacks! I can't recall if you've stayed in RPC before - definitely among the most relaxing CLs on property. :)

I stayed there in 1994 on my honeymoon, I can barely remember a thing about it! Other than sitting in our room watching OJ Simpson racing down the highway in a white broncho. :rotfl:

Some impressions on AKL CL now that I'm back:

It was hit or miss as far as crowds. Generally it was manageable. I would say I was about get a table about half the time. 5pm drinks/apps time was the worst time to go.

A lot of things are technically available but you have to ask for them at times: to-go cups for coffee, bevs like chocolate milk, wine.

There was never a shortage of coffee or tea makings, and plenty of carbs in the morning.

Due to the lack of things like to-go cups (available on request) or trays, if there is nowhere to sit it's also not really feasible to bring anything back to your room, or at least nothing more than one small drink and one small plate. There are no outlying seating areas. The lobby of the hotel also seems constantly packed (last night we saw multiple people literally sleeping on the hotel lobby couches), so taking your stuff down there isn't feasible either.

They put out very small coffee/tea/drink cups and keep food items (and chocolate milk) generally in short supply, so I found myself asking for things a lot. I don't know if this is a cost-cutting measure or to discourage people from treating the concierge offerings as their personal all-day buffet. The drink glasses were so small I ended up buying a plastic lidded tumbler at a Walgreens nearby so I could have a normal glass's worth of iced tea (good tea).

I am planning a trip for the week before Thanksgiving this year and had narrowed my resort options to YC CL or CR CL. However, I've been checking for rooms at YC since last November and there are no rooms available the week we are going. So I thought I had settled on CR CL but, of course, the more I think about it the more I'm thinking of other resorts and am now leaning towards WL CL.

We have stayed WL (not CL) and loved the hotel. We've also stayed AKL CL and really enjoyed our stay there as well. I want to try a new resort but I'm really not in love with the theming of the other deluxes and for the price, WL CL is the best deal. Although, is it true there are no rooms with king beds in WL CL?? It's just my DH and me and we like the big bed!!

I know nobody can make the decision for me but thoughts are welcome from the CL experts!!

So how does CL check in work at GF. Is there a special place I'm suppose to check in today or do I just check in at the main lobby.

I am planning a trip for the week before Thanksgiving this year and had narrowed my resort options to YC CL or CR CL. However, I've been checking for rooms at YC since last November and there are no rooms available the week we are going. So I thought I had settled on CR CL but, of course, the more I think about it the more I'm thinking of other resorts and am now leaning towards WL CL.

We have stayed WL (not CL) and loved the hotel. We've also stayed AKL CL and really enjoyed our stay there as well. I want to try a new resort but I'm really not in love with the theming of the other deluxes and for the price, WL CL is the best deal. Although, is it true there are no rooms with king beds in WL CL?? It's just my DH and me and we like the big bed!!

I know nobody can make the decision for me but thoughts are welcome from the CL experts!!

Looking at all your options I would go with YC CL for an adults only trip. :) I know it's a bit more expensive that WL CL, but it's so convenient to be close to the World Showcase and Boardwalk area for dining, going out for drinks, nightlife, places to walk around, etc. Over at the WL CL you really just have the lobby area or club lounge for evening entertainment without having to get on a bus. The theming of the YC is really nice, I know some people say it is stuffy but to me it is a nice balance of nautical with luxury. The rooms are larger and I really felt the beds were nicer there. Our WL CL room in December felt worn down.

So how does CL check in work at GF. Is there a special place I'm suppose to check in today or do I just check in at the main lobby.

When you arrive at the resort you might see someone with an iPad standing out front. Just walk up to that person and tell them you're checking-in for club level. They will take you to the right place. If you don't see anyone out front just proceed inside to the lobby and see if you can find a castmember in there who can direct you to club level check-in.

When you arrive at the resort you might see someone with an iPad standing out front. Just walk up to that person and tell them you're checking-in for club level. They will take you to the right place. If you don't see anyone out front just proceed inside to the lobby and see if you can find a castmember in there who can direct you to club level check-in.

Thanks for the information. So far this is turning out wonderful as my flight is running about 20 min early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter