Expert help please..has anyone rescheduled due to crowds or wished they had?

We're going the last week of April, and I seriously considered changing our plans. I didn't because I think no one knows what this year will be like. What if this is as good as it gets? (wasn't that line in a movie?) Plus, the kids would've been disappointed, there would have been change fees, etc. etc. I think you should just go. It really sounds like as long as you hit the parks early that everything should be pretty good. This really is a good time of year to go for weather! Really, is there truly a bad time to go? ;)

I'm going May 7 to 13 and am not concerned at all. We'll make the best of it. This reminds me of December 2001. Everyone was freaking out because the week was Walt's 100th Birthday, there was a press event surrounding it, it was pop warner week, hotels were booked up. Some people freaked and postponed their trips. It turned out to be the best trip we ever had, it wasn't very crowded at all.

tbelfonti said:
I have pre-Disney trip insomnia :lol

Me too!!! Not just about crowds but about everything I guess. I have had 2 crappy sleeps in a row plus a few restless nights last weekend. I feel I'll be tired before I even get there...but that's okay that adrenelin will start kicking in the moment I cross through those gates :)

Thanks all for the reassurance. I guess rescheduling isn't too common since no one mentioned it. I definitely have pre-trip anxiety, but hopefully it will all work out! :sunny:

We did MVMCP on Sat Dec, 3 of this past year. If I had to do it all over again, I would have picked a night other than Saturday. The event was sold out and we waited in fairly long lines for the popular rides and for the free picture.

I don't understand all this angst (unnecessary fear and worry). You CAN do everything if you go early and take a break midday. You CAN go back at night.

Of course, if you show up at 1 PM, you have only yourselves to blame. Dealing with a large group, you can be called 'commando" if you try to take charge, but just be sure to let go at about 2 PM and you will be a hero.

We are going May 19-24 too! I thought this was going to be a great time because of the "3's" in the unofficial tour guide. I am a teacher and we get out of school the 18th of May...much earlier than almost any schools so we planned on leaving the 19th to beat the crowds. I have become obsessed with checking the boards for crowd info, but after reading these posts I feel a little better too! Thanks to all who are so positive with thier comments! I think I just need to sit back and try to enjoy the fact I will be in Disney in a month!! We have great PS's for exactly what we wanted and I was even able to book Family Magic Tour today for the day I wanted! Maybe it won't be as busy as I think...if it is we will make the best of it!!! :cool1:

Jamesbyr said:
I don't understand all this angst (unnecessary fear and worry). You CAN do everything if you go early and take a break midday. You CAN go back at night.

You have to remember that I haven't been since I was a kid myself, so all I can go by is what I read on these boards and leave the rest up to my imagination. The Unofficial Guide changed the crowd prediction for May 7-14 from a 3 to an 8!!! So then I picture it so busy that you can't even walk. (I think it's all the stories of not being able to get a stroller through the crowd that really stick in my mind.) I let my imagination run wild!!! I appreciate being brought back to earth. :sunny:

MickeyMouseGal said:
We did MVMCP on Sat Dec, 3 of this past year. If I had to do it all over again, I would have picked a night other than Saturday. The event was sold out and we waited in fairly long lines for the popular rides and for the free picture.

Crowd size increases on the week-ends too because that's when the locals are able to visit the parks for special events such as MVMCP.

Your nightmares are taking control. lol. I was at WDW last month for 3 days. I leave tommorrow for 3 days. I go often. I can tell you this, Last month MK was very crowded, However with fast pass and some knowledge we had an excellent time with 19 people!! We moved easily the parade's we had front row seats for with a lil planning in advance. Animal Kingdom and Epcot both were surpisingly empty. No need to even use fast pass. I would suggest for wishes some advance planning in seating. I have found that liberty square bridge to be the best view, as most people are crowding main street the view
is spectacular from behind the liberty square bridge, right down the road from the hall of presidents. The draw back to that is, leaving, following the crowd out can be a pain, a little secret we found was to follow as far as the train, climb the platform as soon as the conductor gets the ok, the tracks are clear, ride the train for some relaxation when you return to the station the lines to board the boat or the monorail are very small.

We wish we could reschedule! We will be there April 30-May 7. It's so expensive and it will not be as fun for us if there are huge crowds, so I wish we had gone in April or waited till September. It was too expensive to change our flight, so we will just go and hope for the best. I don't really think anyone knows forsure how bad the crowds will be, so we will just have to wait and see.
*fingers crossed*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter