Experiences with QSFB?

My S is assigned to QSFB at ESPN Wide World of Sports. He wasn't into baseball until he started meeting the Atlanta Braves and their familes. (it's the Atlanta Braves training camp). Now he's a fan!

Whattt thats awesome! He's lucky to have met those guys!!

I got assigned to work QSFB for the Fall Advantage 2011 program. I was feeling a little apprehensive about it because I worked at a fast food restaurant for two years and I wanted a little change. After reading this thread though I feel a whole lot better. I think I'm ready for June!:banana:

I honestly made more friends and had more fun with my fellow CM's when I was QSFB than when I did my second program in entertainment. It was something I really missed when I came back. In QSR I spent so much time with the same people on such a regular basis that it was easy to make friends. It wasn't like I enjoyed the tasks of working fast food more than I did being a character, obviously being a character was much more fun for me, but I really missed working so closely in a team enviroment and getting to hang out with the other CM's.

Where exactly do the QSFB CM's get assigned? I haven't been to Disney World in about 11 years and I've never been to the resorts, so I don't know what I'm in for. :eek:

Where exactly do the QSFB CM's get assigned? I haven't been to Disney World in about 11 years and I've never been to the resorts, so I don't know what I'm in for. :eek:

ANYWHERE! if's there a fast food joint, CPs pretty much run it. I worked QSFB in Hollywood Studios and my area had 10 restaurants in it and each CP was responsible for training in 3 of the locations. But they all pretty much worked the same so I worked at all 10. Then there's parked like MK where theres a themed restaurant in each land. My roommate worked at a resort and depending on the resort size there will be one or two restaurants at them. That have some early hours because there's breakfast lunch and dinner.

I just received my invitation for QSFB and I was not so happy. Mainly because I did work for 2 years during high school at a fast food place, and I loved it but hated it. I think I hated it because it would get soo slow and I would get bored. But then I loved it because it was the most fun I had ever had in a job, mainly because the people i worked with. But now I am actually pretty excited to do QSFB because of this post. But I have a question do most QSFB cast members have a costume to wear.

Yes. I'm not entirely sure, but I think almost every cast member has a costume that they have to wear.

Almost every single cast member is required to wear a costume. The only ones who don't wear a costume are the higher ups (managers, directors, vice presidents, etc) and the ones who work backstage in the offices.

I just received my invitation for QSFB and I was not so happy. Mainly because I did work for 2 years during high school at a fast food place, and I loved it but hated it. I think I hated it because it would get soo slow and I would get bored. But then I loved it because it was the most fun I had ever had in a job, mainly because the people i worked with. But now I am actually pretty excited to do QSFB because of this post. But I have a question do most QSFB cast members have a costume to wear.

Oh yes. We have costumes. Some of them get really ridiculous too. Sunset Boulevard when I was working QSFB had polka dot dresses with sun flower aprons and sunhats, and another strange pastel stripy swing pants type thing.

My location was a more tame, black pants, red or blue apron, white shirt with stripes on the sleeves and a newsboy cap.

Oh yes. We have costumes. Some of them get really ridiculous too. Sunset Boulevard when I was working QSFB had polka dot dresses with sun flower aprons and sunhats, and another strange pastel stripy swing pants type thing.

My location was a more tame, black pants, red or blue apron, white shirt with stripes on the sleeves and a newsboy cap.

The costume with the polka dot dress and sunflower apron and sunhat is the exact type of costume I want. Just something excessively silly and Disney. Some of the other, standard QSFB costumes bore me but at the same time look silly in a "that's normal but looks weird" way. Like the whole pants basically up to your chest thing. Ugh. I want a cute dress! haha.

The costume with the polka dot dress and sunflower apron and sunhat is the exact type of costume I want. Just something excessively silly and Disney. Some of the other, standard QSFB costumes bore me but at the same time look silly in a "that's normal but looks weird" way. Like the whole pants basically up to your chest thing. Ugh. I want a cute dress! haha.

Me too if you're going to do something, go all the way, right?:lmao:

I WORKED AT SUNSET RANCH MARKET ARE WORE THAT CRAZY COSTUME. AHHH. lol.

I don't know about cute dress but I want something more obviously costumy this time :)

I know someone at my school who worked QSFB at HS... it was an outdoor vendor somewhere, I'm not exactly sure where, but he sold Mickey premiums and all that fun stuff:goodvibes And he tells all of us that it was absolutely amazing. He has great stories of his time down there, and many of those stories probably wouldn't have happened if he had a different role!!!

I'm nearing the end of my program after doing QSFB at Cosmic Ray's in the Magic Kingdom. I'm trained in cash and counter. Some thoughts...

* It is a higher paid role. I make $8.31 an hour (MK premium location pay)

* It is the THIRD busiest fast food restaurant IN THE WORLD at the moment (was second until a couple months ago)

* With that said, on days when it's busy, it's not uncommon to have cashiers ring nearly 100 transactions in an hour, sometimes more.

* On days when it's not as busy as anticipated, it's very likely that you'll be able to go home early

*Most nights, the latest you'll ever be stuck there is 1 hour after park closing. On EMH, Cosmic's only stays open until 1 am. Grad nights (like tonight!! :scared1:) it's possible to be there until 5:15 am.

* I usually get between 38-45 hours a week these days. The most I was ever scheduled was 55.

* A few of the roles are extremely high in guest interaction, some not so much.

* It can get hectic and overwhelming when it's busy very quickly. Some guests will complain about anything and everything. Heck, alot of guests will complain about anything and everything even when it's not busy.

*It would be extremely useful (as it would be in all CM jobs at Disney) to have a basic understanding of a foreign language (especially Spanish/Portuguese)

I'm nearing the end of my program after doing QSFB at Cosmic Ray's in the Magic Kingdom. I'm trained in cash and counter. Some thoughts...

* It is a higher paid role. I make $8.31 an hour (MK premium location pay)

* It is the THIRD busiest fast food restaurant IN THE WORLD at the moment (was second until a couple months ago)

* With that said, on days when it's busy, it's not uncommon to have cashiers ring nearly 100 transactions in an hour, sometimes more.

* On days when it's not as busy as anticipated, it's very likely that you'll be able to go home early

*Most nights, the latest you'll ever be stuck there is 1 hour after park closing. On EMH, Cosmic's only stays open until 1 am. Grad nights (like tonight!! :scared1:) it's possible to be there until 5:15 am.

* I usually get between 38-45 hours a week these days. The most I was ever scheduled was 55.

* A few of the roles are extremely high in guest interaction, some not so much.

* It can get hectic and overwhelming when it's busy very quickly. Some guests will complain about anything and everything. Heck, alot of guests will complain about anything and everything even when it's not busy.

*It would be extremely useful (as it would be in all CM jobs at Disney) to have a basic understanding of a foreign language (especially Spanish/Portuguese)

I'm replying to this just to emphasize how right it is!
Do you know which restaurants are the first and second though/ THAT'S INSANE to be third. I never knew. Then again, I stayed away from Cosmic Rays, EXCEPT for when I was there at Grad Nite, LOL. It must suck to work that. I remember being ashamed that I was graduating with all those hooligans in the park. I worked a marathon, the Pop Warner football game, and Night of Joy though, so I know whats it's like to work until those hours.

AND YES, LEARN SOME PORTUGUESE! I speak Spanish and many CP's didn't know the diff. which was silly, but it happened so much I ended up learning key words and phrases in Portuguese.

You can survive without knowing any foreign languages but you'll have to get good with hand motions! You'll start figuring out how to tell what people are trying to tell you when they're speaking another language just based on their movements.
Plus it's more than likely that you'll have co-workers who do speak spanish or whatever language and they can help you out when you can't understand someone.

Ahh I'm QSFB and now I'm worried about not understanding people because I don't know any foreign languages! Except a little french.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter