• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 - EEC 2015

@swooshbear You should each have a waiver even being registered as a team. I've heard of people having to play with their DOB before (maybe one day either direction) if you want to try that. If not, you can call Mon-Fri 407-939-iRun to see if they can tell you where the "error" is to either correct or allow you to pull it up. Or they'll probably still have printing stations available at packet pickup with staff to help there if need be.

Found it! Thanks for the suggestion, it came up under my month and day but my DW's birth year. Very strange.

Is anyone else getting as excited as my DS and I r. Just have a few finishing touches on our costumes. Cant wait.

My waiver had my DHs birth year too! Not the first time runDisney has screwed up my registration. For Dopey 2014, they put his name on my registration and on my bibs. I was so angry because I did not have a personalized bib.

Last year my team members dob was off so that was not a major issue as they fixed it at pick up. Facebook has been posting stuff in the EEC group on there concerning corrals and stuff

It's a bit discouraging that runDisney seems to be going out of their way to ignore EEC as it gets closer, but we're still excited to be taking the trip to Disney next week. Hoping the gross lack of attention leading up to the race isn't indicative of the effort going into the race itself or the after party.

My BFF and I are really disappointed with Disney about this race. We are runDisney people from the West Coast, so this little 5K means quite a lot to us.

I tweeted this to runDisney, so I'll repeat it here: "Finish strong" isn't supposed to be just about running. Show some respect to the final Everest Challenge.

We are extremely excited about next week, and can't wait to chase that Yeti all the way to Dinoland - whatever the course ends up looking like. Our bibs are in the mid-500's (don't ask how that happened???) and we are PUMPED!

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure why people are disappointed about "lack of buildup." I understand some people have reported disappointment about responses to RunDisney emails and updates to the EEC website, but all of that could be a result of poor productivity on the part of one IT person!

I think we have to create our OWN buildup! I don't know about you all, but I went all out and got LED wristbands, customized T-shirts (see below), and 100 glow bracelets (for $8.99 on amazon - maybe YOU should get some, too, hint hint) to hand out to people in my corral. I plan on making corral A the best AND the brightest! I'm wondering now if 100 bracelets will be enough...

upload_2015-4-21_10-2-6.png upload_2015-4-21_10-2-20.png

What I'm saying is this: EEC 2015 is going to be incredible because I MAKE it that way and you do too! In 11 days we are going to be running through the Animal Kingdom at night, leaping obstacles, solving clues, hugging characters, and dancing like it is the last Expedition Everest Challenge Afterparty EVER!

I don't mean to sound preachy, but you can't change other people, including RunDisney. You can only change yourself. I want to hear from all of YOU over the next 11 days. Show off pics of your costume! Tell us how you are going to make this race special! Let us know what you are looking forward to the most! Don't just click "like" on this post - share your EEC 2015 joy!

BE THE BUILDUP!

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure why people are disappointed about "lack of buildup." I understand some people have reported disappointment about responses to RunDisney emails and updates to the EEC website, but all of that could be a result of poor productivity on the part of one IT person!

I think we have to create our OWN buildup! I don't know about you all, but I went all out and got LED wristbands, customized T-shirts (see below), and 100 glow bracelets (for $8.99 on amazon - maybe YOU should get some, too, hint hint) to hand out to people in my corral. I plan on making corral A the best AND the brightest! I'm wondering now if 100 bracelets will be enough...

View attachment 89775 View attachment 89776

What I'm saying is this: EEC 2015 is going to be incredible because I MAKE it that way and you do too! In 11 days we are going to be running through the Animal Kingdom at night, leaping obstacles, solving clues, hugging characters, and dancing like it is the last Expedition Everest Challenge Afterparty EVER!

I don't mean to sound preachy, but you can't change other people, including RunDisney. You can only change yourself. I want to hear from all of YOU over the next 11 days. Show off pics of your costume! Tell us how you are going to make this race special! Let us know what you are looking forward to the most! Don't just click "like" on this post - share your EEC 2015 joy!

BE THE BUILDUP!

I agree 100%!!! We are responsible for our own happiness. Bring on EEC...11 days until we face the Yeti! I am running with my 10 year old daughter. I don't know what corral we will be in - we are #900 and 901. I got a bad case of severe plantar fasciitis running the Glass Slipper Challenge and my training has been WAY behind, but I am still looking forward to a fun time, even of I have to walk/crawl! Disney here we come!

Anyone see the medal or t-shirt?

Hi Mieuxmew (nice spelling, BTW)!

I haven't seen the medal or T-shirt, but I believe there are 500 people per corral based on my corral placement last year (#1807, corral D) and reports of other people's corral placements. It sounds like you'll be in corral B. I hope you're able to overcome the plantar fasciitis issue. But if you're slow on race day, it will give your daughter lots of time to take pictures!

Gosh - 500 per corral would put my daughter and I in corral G :worried: - our bib numbers are in the 3700's. But I guess if there are 5000 runners we aren't in the very last corral which is always my worry - I need to buy as much time as I can - but I'm sure she was hoping for something closer. My husband - who registered as an individual - got a number in the 100's I think. Not sure how that happened - I was thinking maybe all the individuals got lower numbers and get to go first? (Although, he is a bit faster than we plan to be.)

We're super excited - my daughter and I are wrapping up the costume prep!

Our numbers r in the 5000. Have no idea how we got those. Its ok. We r just excited to b running. Itll b so much fun.

With respect to the buildup, I wasn't letting it detract from our own buildup for the event. My frustration stemmed from the perception that the social media person(s) was almost going out of their way to say something about Tinker Bell EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. while they hadn't said anything about Everest.

They have finally acknowledged it, and the event itself will be as good as or better than we remember it last year. We're spanning the upper 1300s and early 1400s for our group of six, and it sounds like we're calling an audible on our costumes with under a week to get it in place -- FUN! :laughing:

We are so yeti! It's our first runDisney event! Can anyone remember what characters were there in 2014 for photo opps?- THANKS!

We are so yeti! It's our first runDisney event! Can anyone remember what characters were there in 2014 for photo opps?- THANKS!
The ones I can remember from the course last year are Timon, King Louie and Minnie Mouse. At the after party Timon, Baloo and Rafiki were frequently dancing in the area with the DJ (can't remember if Louie was there); I believe Mickey and Minnie were alternating with Pluto and Goofy for picture opportunities in the Dinoland picture spot. There were also a few people wandering around on stilts, with one of them dressed as a kind of yeti -- he stopped for a few pictures, but didn't do as many as other characters I think because it was harder to stand still on the stilts for any length of time.

There may have been more that I either didn't notice or am not recalling.

We met Chip & Dale, Rafiki, Baloo & Mickey during the race last year and we stopped for anyone we saw out during the 5k. We noticed some characters had changed out while we did the scavenger hunt but I don't remember who came out. At the after party we met Pluto.

OH and beforehand there were a couple neat props out to pose with, really pretty cool actually setups.

Saw the news that this will be the LAST EEC. I imagine it's due to the AVATARLAND expansion/new late night hours kicking in when construction is done. No word on any replacement races, but boy, it sure does open a spot for a night race right before Star Wars Weekends, doesn't it?

Something occurred to me driving in this AM. Packet pickup is in the Animal Kingdom parking lot. Now, I have an AP, so it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, but are they going to charge ppl parking?
Or will we get something in an E-Mail?
Like I said, I get free parking, so no biggie, but it would stink for runners needing to pay $18 for packet pickup.

Like I said, I get free parking, so no biggie, but it would stink for runners needing to pay $18 for packet pickup.
I hadn't thought about that either since 4/6 of our group have APs as well. It doesn't look like any of the e-mails I've received so far address it, and I didn't see anything on either the event website or the final race instructions about non-resort guests parking for packet pickup. My first thought was that presenting your waiver at the gate might be used to grant a pass, but not everyone shows up to the expos with their waivers in hand. Maybe I'm just missing where they've said something, or maybe they'll think to share more information between now and next Friday...

Something occurred to me driving in this AM. Packet pickup is in the Animal Kingdom parking lot. Now, I have an AP, so it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, but are they going to charge ppl parking?

I've only done Star Wars, but packet pickup there was at the Disneyland Hotel. They gave people entering the hotel lot who said they were there for pickup a slip of paper for 30 min of free parking. Maybe they'll do something similar for this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter