• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 - EEC 2015

I'm in and running my first RunDisney race! Can't believe it sold out already.

We got in. That was not an easy process. But our family is officially registered and running as 2 teams!!! Still Running (our last name is Still).

sold out!!

WOW! I expected quick but not that fast. We are in as 2 teams. My 16 year old son wanted to do it but he will probably have another commitment for FFA so he will be bummed. He was going to sign up as a solo as soon as he found out if he was open that night

We're in!!! This will be our 3rd Everest Challenge. Now to all of us that are all signed up get ready for all the whiners to sound off that they didn't get in!
There's gonna be a bunch.

For those of you who have done EEC before could you please tell me a little bit about how this race works? The obstacles look fun but at night and with a large crowd how hard are they to get through/over? How does the scavenger hunt work? Do we complete the 5K and then start on this or is it combined? What happens if we don't finish the puzzles before the time limit? Are there character photo spots on the course? This will be my second run disney race, I did the PHM in 2013....this one looks so different but soooo much fun!!

TIA! :)

YES. My DS (12) and I r in the race. Signed up at 12:30. It was a process but we did it.
DS picked our name....nh tinkerstitch.
So excited.

For those of you who have done EEC before could you please tell me a little bit about how this race works? The obstacles look fun but at night and with a large crowd how hard are they to get through/over? How does the scavenger hunt work? Do we complete the 5K and then start on this or is it combined? What happens if we don't finish the puzzles before the time limit? Are there character photo spots on the course? This will be my second run disney race, I did the PHM in 2013....this one looks so different but soooo much fun!!

TIA! :)

You do the 5k first with obstacles, they were very easy to get through. Then you get your first clue as your cross the 5k finish for the scavenger hunt and go from point to point solving puzzles/questions. Yes, there were characters. Not sure on time limit stuff, but if you have trouble with the clues people will help you.

It was so much fun last year! I'm not doing it again sadly :( but you will have a blast!

Phew! I made it in.... was getting a little (a lot) nervous at noon when I kept clicking the register button but it wouldn't take me to register. I think I had about 5 popped up pages of going in circles before I was able to register (at 12:15!)...but, I did it! :love:

Love the idea of the obstacle/scavenger hunt .... I hope I have the extra oomph to do it all! LOL I can't wait!

You do the 5k first with obstacles, they were very easy to get through. Then you get your first clue as your cross the 5k finish for the scavenger hunt and go from point to point solving puzzles/questions. Yes, there were characters. Not sure on time limit stuff, but if you have trouble with the clues people will help you.

It was so much fun last year! I'm not doing it again sadly :( but you will have a blast!

Thank you!
So does everyone do the scavenger hunt or do some op-out and go straight for the party? Is it just for fun or is there an advantage to completing the puzzles/questions? I know my teenager will enjoy the obstacle course but not sure about the scavenger hunt yet. :):)

Thank you!
So does everyone do the scavenger hunt or do some op-out and go straight for the party? Is it just for fun or is there an advantage to completing the puzzles/questions? I know my teenager will enjoy the obstacle course but not sure about the scavenger hunt yet. :):)

You'd have to finish the scavenger hunt to get your medal.

Thank you!

Yes, just like said above you have to finish the scavenger hunt to get your medal, it's part of the race. The scavenger hunt goes back into the park & adds an extra 1-2 miles on, can't remember exactly but it was some distance.

So is the scavenger hunt part timed too? Do we need to run from clue to clue, or is the timed part of the race just the 5K?

So is the scavenger hunt part timed too? Do we need to run from clue to clue, or is the timed part of the race just the 5K?

The scavenger hunt is timed. When I did it, there was a 5k time, scavenger hunt time, and combined.

I'm in! My first race of any kind! Going solo. We had a trip planned for May 3rd and I decided we'd arrive just a tad earlier so I could do the race.

Very excited! It took me 10 minutes to get into the system, but I got registered fairly quickly. That thing sold out fast!

VP

Just wanted to say Hi. My niece and I along with my best friend and her daughter are all doing the race! It will be my nieces first Disney race!! I've done the Princess Half twice.

I'm registered too! :) It'll be my second runDisney race but first time ever visiting WDW (possibly on a solo trip). Excited but nervous about the vacation budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter