expedia - meals and tickets included offer

Argh!! It is getting ridiculous now, they are refusing to believe that people have had booking upgraded/ refunds etc :-( I told them to ring Roisin, and I am expecting a call within 3 hours. I was also told to send an email with the first and last names of people who have had their booking upgraded! It's so annoying, everytime I ring I have to explain what has happened then listen to someone telling me I'm wrong!

Hi, Disneyfoo.

I've sent you a PM.

I have given up, i go on monday and do not want to phone them, they are ignoring my emails.
As it only me and when i booked although i was told free dining was included i didn't get a note added to my booking, i don't want any more stress.
Got enough organising my DH to look after the 4 children for 4 days!!

Really excited though, only 3 days and i will be off on my first break without children in nearly 14 years!!!

Oh thats really exciting for you - what a fabulous place to escape to :goodvibes!

Elaine, glad you have got yours sorted, enjoy your trip :thumbsup2
Everyone else, really hope your queries get a result and no-ones trip is ruined by this mess. :hug:

Well, after finally getting in contact with Roisin I have a result! It's a bit of a weird one, as for our last night the hotel is booked up so they are offering to upgrade us to include park tickets for two nights, then for the last night we can keep the receipts and they will refund us. They have offered us the prospect of just saving all our receipts as well so we have to think this through for an hour or so. But once again :cool1: and a bit of :yay: and then some :banana: no more ringing Expedia!!

If anyone who is still trying to get a result, you HAVE to speak to Roisin. I rang up 5 or 6 times on Friday to try and reach her, and in total I have rung about 20 times and sent 8 emails. Eventually, through blind luck, I got through to her call centre and someone left a sticky note on her computer, she rang back on Saturday morning and then just 10 minutes ago.

Thanks to all those who offered assistance and especially to britchic4 and mummybear

Glad you have finally got a result Disneyfoo - it's taken you long enough though:rotfl2:

:rotfl: Yup, I nearly gave up after quite a few phone calls that went no-where slowly! But after I worked out how much we would save with the vouchers I decided to push it!

I was just thinking about you two today. So glad you've got a result. Wish Expedia would refund you for the million phone calls, but at least you've got the free meals!!

So are we!

Just put the payment through and refunded for the park tickets, we've only been able to do this for two of our three nights as the Cheyenne is fully booked on the final night of our stay, but they're going to refund the money to us when we send the receipts for those meals. As usual it was Roisin who sorted it all out! She's been brilliant, all sorted within a few days after all that malarky! I'm still nervous that the money won't go back in time to get our spending money, but Disneyfoo is telling me not to worry!
We now have two itineraries - one for the first two nights and one for the final night! We'll need to take loads of confirmation emails!! But at least we can breathe a sigh of relief that it's all over (well, Disneyfoo can - I'm not relaxing until that money's back for our trip!! :lmao: )

I am soooo glad that people are starting to get results, I bet Roissin is cursing the day she ever helped me out!!!! Mind you, i was cursing her when we arrived at the hotel check in last monday.

In my excitement at finally getting somewhere with expedia, when she sent the new booking form through, all i was concerned about was the fact it said FREE DISNEY DINING. I paid no attention to the fact that it only said 1 adult!!!!

So at check in you can imagine my horror when the lady said, the room is only booked for one and therefore only 1 lot of vouchers. So i said oh no, here is my booking form which i had printed and oh yes it said 1 adult:scared1:

They tried to phone expedia and got some really unhelpfull person who said the customer is responsible etc etc. I had not printed out the original booking as it had been cancelled and expedia could no longer view it!!!!

So i phoned expedia and was lucky enough to get through to the office that Roissin works in, ( good luck or what) and within a few minutes the matter was resolved with much apologies from her for making the mistake. So everything was ok, but we lost over an hour trying to contact expedia, waiting for new vouchers etc. But we were just so relieved to have got it sorted out. I have definately learnt my lesson!!!!!

Hope everybody else gets things sorted soon and lets hope expedia comes up with further offers like this in the future:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

In my excitement at finally getting somewhere with expedia, when she sent the new booking form through, all i was concerned about was the fact it said FREE DISNEY DINING. I paid no attention to the fact that it only said 1 adult!!!!

:scared1:
*checks emailed itineraries*

phew! it's two adults on both!!

great to see this being resolved. Roisin sounds like the brains behind expedia. hope your trips are all without problems from here on in! :hug:

Interesting. I have booked room only at Santa Fe and had the "Free disney dining" added as a note. Read all that was going on here (and thank goodness I did). Expedia were pretty quick to reply but I wasn't satisfied, they have no said they have spoken with Reservations who have confirmed my free dining vouchers and even given me a name of the person they spoke to in reservations. I am a little reserved about this and will be calling Santa Fe around 5 days before we go (we are due to arrive 13th December) and take it from there.

Its a right nightmare isn't it.

Interesting. I have booked room only at Santa Fe and had the "Free disney dining" added as a note. Read all that was going on here (and thank goodness I did). Expedia were pretty quick to reply but I wasn't satisfied, they have no said they have spoken with Reservations who have confirmed my free dining vouchers and even given me a name of the person they spoke to in reservations. I am a little reserved about this and will be calling Santa Fe around 5 days before we go (we are due to arrive 13th December) and take it from there.

Its a right nightmare isn't it.

If it were me I would ring asap, just in case they change their mind and you need to get Expedia to sort it out; with a name and a note you should be fine though.

What amazes me about the whole debacle is that they told me all along room only bookings cannot have dining vouchers, yet other people have had notes added! It is astonishing how they still have not got some uniform response to this problem.

I have a tale to tell about my experience with Expedia and Disney this week (all good, nothing to worry about) - but thought I'd read through the recent posts here, see how folk were getting on. Yey Disneyfoo and Princesskins - thank goodness you've got something sorted out :cool1:.

Despite Expedia being told by Disney last week that there was just no way I could have the meals vouchers added to a room-only booking - ahem Disney can definitely do this. It happened to me, at Disney's decision, when I arrived at the hotel.

Long story shorter -
After pushing and pushing for a resolution, I got 140 euros refunded by Expedia to my visa debit, just before I left for DLP on Sunday. This was about 50 euros more than the face value of the vouchers we should have had included in the free Disney Dining Plan, so I was more than happy with this.

We checked in at the Santa Fe on Monday evening (stayed offsite on Sunday night), and by that time, Disney had printed me our full quota of Disney Dining Plan vouchers, and also apologised profusely for the problems between Disney and Expedia on this issue. We got VIP breakfast, plushes in our room, kettle and coffee basket, and DD got her choice of a pin from the hotel gift shop. I was truly gobsmacked.

This morning, on my return to work, I got a call from David at Expedia head office in Ireland. He was phoning as I'd sent a letter to the CEO at DLP, which had been forwarded to him. The letter I sent detailed my issue, and my wider concern that Expedia had taken all these bookings, but were not contacting customers, now that they were aware that the free Disney Dining should only have been offered on ticket inclusive packages. David stated that Expedia and Disney were negotiating the whole issue, and hoped that once some kind of middle ground could be reached, that Expedia would be proactively contacting customers to make them aware of the situation, and offer some recompense. It didn't sound like Expedia were at the stage of doing this yet, but I did appreciate the phone call.

Elaine now that's a result! Who did you email at Disney, because I think the more complaints they receive about this the more likely they are to do something about it and stop people who don't visit this forum turning up and not having vouchers. Hope you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter