Exclusive Baby Gorilla Photos! (plus bonus Trip Report) - June '15 - completed 10/23 - Page 31

Whatever your strategy, if you like seafood, this place is fantastic.

I definitely want to try that place!!

We decided to take a resort bus from the Beach Club to Magic Kingdom, knowing full well that "moderate trash" like us are typically not welcome on the buses used by the luxies

Hilarious!! But funny because that's what I think when walking around the Deluxes lol

chickenandwafflesin Canada

Not sure how Chicken and Waffles is Canadian but....glad it was good lol

It's a MOOSE, but it's made out of MOUSSE. And it's CHOCOLATE. I don't care who you are; that gets a chuckle.

Yum!! Love it!!

Sounds like a great day after your nice long lie in :)
This is one of the reasons why I love a long trip! Since it was already our 3rd Epcot day, there was no huge rush to get things done.
We used to love LeCellier when it was 1 credit but, like you, struggle to see it as a 2 credit!
It's sad. We'd probably go back there yearly if it went back to 1 credit, but I don't see that happening. They're still pulling in crowds as a 2.
Great Epcot day! We Loved Le Cellier when we went there in 2010, haven't been back since pretty much for the same reason you haven't. That Chocolate "Moose" is way different than it usually is. It's usually coated in those little crumbs.
I don't remember that, but don't know if we ever ordered it before. I did like the presentation :)
Cool pictures of the sidewalks, I can never get night time pics at Epcot to turn out.
We usually can't, either, but those came out alright! I love all the "little stuff" at Disney, and this is just another example.
I'll chime in LeCellier being 2 TS credits. When we went in Dec 2012 it was ONE credit and while it was delicious, it wasn't 2 ts credits worthy. Incidently, our meal that trip was sooooo slow, we were seated a good 45 minutes after our ADR. :( I'm hoping our miniscule serving of the filet at F&W will suffice for this trip.....
I'm usually pretty patient when it comes to slow service, but this was a bit excessive. Unfortunately, it took away from the experience. Food was still great there, but it really doesn't stack up to some of the other 2-credit places.
and darn it, Shutters IS NOT on our ADR list! We will be at the World in less than 48 hours. There just isn't any space left for Shutters. Grrrrrrr.
Kristin put together initial ADR plans for next year's trip, and she left Shutters off it, too! I'm going to have to have a talk with her. UNACCEPTABLE.
Stellar update! Wow! Love your Test Track cars. Those are so much fun to make.
They are! In all, I like the previous incarnation of the TT ride more, but I do like the design phase.
We've not eaten at LeCellier, and while it looks great, we won't do any 2 TS credit meals unless we stay longer. Jason would love that steak, though! And I hear you about long waits and kid shennanigans. It gets long, but you can hardly blame them.
Lots of great steaks in Disney, as Kristin will attest :)
OMG, those Money Python shirts! I don't think we went in that shop and now I regret it. Next time, Clare. Next time.
I showed the kids the "Ministry of Silly Walks" sketch the next day. Both thought it was funny, but Dylan had trouble getting passed the cackling laughter of one of the studio audience members.
I also showed Dylan the childbirth scene from "Meaning of Life", but he didn't find it funny. What is wrong with that kid? "And this is the most expensive machine in the whole hospital. Aren't you lucky?"
Perhaps in a few year...
I knew you couldn't talk about Canada without mentioning Martin Short and Clifford.:earboy2:
No one should have that ability.
LOL... "the Duffs" .... clever! BTW - we've started playing "Head's Up" too as a way to pass the time on our long car rides to visit the in-laws. It's a great distraction :thumbsup2
It is! I wish our family would branch out and try new categories, though :)
wow, day 8 was quite a day when you list out all that you got done!
I was amazed we pulled that off on a June trip!
Funny you mention about the queue activities and how you don't want people behind you to pass you ... I had been thinking (clearly I don't have enough going on in my life) what the etiquette is for that if you are behind a family participating in the games. Do you give them a few minutes to finish up? I mean, at some point it has to be ok to go past them (like if you can no longer see the end of the line past them) but where is that point?
We kind of balanced it out...as long as the people in front of us weren't staying too long at the activities, we waited behind them. But there are limits/
wow, you were able to get a FP+ for Figment the night before!??!?! ;) I seriously do wish that they would enhance the interactive elements after the ride. I mean, they aren't that imaginative (these special effects aren't very special)
Yes, the coveted Figment FP! I know, I know...should've sold it on eBay. We could have financed most of the trip. ;)

That pavilion really needs some loving. Heck, just open the upstairs back up.
Alice does tend to be a consistently good meet - just generally seems to capture the character properly but then relate it to the guests/real world more than other characters
I think Alice is such a great character to begin with that playing her has to be a lot of fun. She was one of the very first to break Emily out of her shell.
That's pretty cool you can get the sushi pack as a snack credit!
It's very cool! The best part is you can trade a QS credit for 3 snacks, and I got what I consider a meal out of two snack credits. Maybe we should just do that next year everywhere, so we can have even more snack credits for candy :)
Been loving this TR...though this may be the first time I've commented :)
Welcome! Glad you're enjoying it!
I'm gonna guess you were seated in Newfoundland....since that's what Dylan's pointing at. He's actually pointing at the official flower of Newfoundland and Labrador (Inky shout-out!), called Pitcher Plant. Ooh - and if you wanna sound like you know what you're talking about, Newfoundland is pronounced "NEWF-in-land" and not "new-FOUND-land" as many assume.
There's a "Newfoundland" in Pennsylvania, but it is pronounced "new-found-lind". We Americans are silly :)

That photo was taken in the lobby, so I really don't know what it was. Looking back, I'm starting to think we were seated in Saskatchewan. I'll figure out what he's actually pointing to and get back to you, but thanks for the Canada tidbit!
You don't know me but I think you inadvertently posted at the beginning of my trip report. Then fled.
No, that was intentional. I just lost track of your TR, as I tend to do often. I'll read it, though. Promise!
Anywho... I've been reading your reports off and on.
I like them.
Oh heck yeah!
So. I don't usually ever do this but I'm gonna "follow" along.
Live on the edge! Oh, and welcome! And thanks :)
Lovely family. Like your boots. decently amusing. or more so. TBH.
My boots?
Do you know the Max REBO????? if you do props. OUT!!!!
I "know" him as far as he comments on my trip reports :) But yes, he's awesome!
I never do well in Buzz - I'm just going through the motions since I can never tell where my laser is aimed.
I have the same problem! "Is that my red dot, or someone else's?"
We didn't go in Club Cool this year. What the heck?? We'll have to make sure we get back there next year.
Yeah...what the heck? :) We hit it multiple times every year!
That is a great pic!
Thanks! Kristin took it. And it was tough to get, since the kids were being difficult. Not sure why.
Steve bought the Silly Walks t-shirt this year.
Good choice! That was my favorite one, too.
I have the telephone numbers for those booths. It was fun to call one of the phones whenever a guest walked by or was in the booth. We haven't tried calling them in a few years so I'm not sure if they still work. Something else to try next year!
Wow, I didn't know that was a possibility! We'll have to try than next time!
We got some cool cloud pics on our trip this year too. Once you saw those clouds you knew rain was coming!
We didn't get rain on those days, though. In fact, besides the two rainy days at the start of the trip, our stay was mostly rain-free!
I definitely want to try that place!!
You should! Although Kristin says she always feels awful after she leaves there. Could it be the gallons upon gallons of melted butter? Nah, that wouldn't make sense.
Hilarious!! But funny because that's what I think when walking around the Deluxes lol
It's even worse when we're in the Grand Floridian.
Not sure how Chicken and Waffles is Canadian but....glad it was good lol
Yeah, really! Wikipedia says it's Pennsylvania Dutch...which actually means Pennsylvania German. But NOT Canadian!
Yum!! Love it!!
I was good! And fun!

I have part 1 of Day 10 all typed up and should be able to post it tonight. As always, thanks for reading! We're getting close to the end...

Wow, I didn't know that was a possibility! We'll have to try than next time!

Well, it appears the telephone numbers are no longer operational (since sometime in 2013). To verify I called the numbers I had and just get fast busy signals. Darn it Disney. Why do you always ruin our fun? :p

This TR is great! I just read the whole thing at work. I look forward to the rest of the story!

Quick question- I love your countdown on the refrigerator (great idea!). I want to steal it- where did you get the magnets? Thanks!

"Like your boots":

I'm Canadian. It means that you have something good goin' on. Like... writing style or sense of humour. Or spunk or moxy. Like stuff like that, for example, but it means you got something "good" going. On. Here.

Capish?

I also might have said I like your jam. Instead.

Similar. Prolly also equally confusing.

Sorry lol!!!

Carry on!

Cheers, Mel.

P.S. I've been told my trip report is a lil boring. So... you're doing yourself a favour. In the long run. Heh heh.

"Like your boots":

I'm Canadian. It means that you have something good goin' on. Like... writing style or sense of humour. Or spunk or moxy. Like stuff like that, for example, but it means you got something "good" going. On. Here.

Capish?

I also might have said I like your jam. Instead.

Similar. Prolly also equally confusing.

Sorry lol!!!

Carry on!

Cheers, Mel.

P.S. I've been told my trip report is a lil boring. So... you're doing yourself a favour. In the long run. Heh heh.

I did not know that! Nice :) You are the second educational, informative Canadian to comment on my Trip Report in the last several days. I'm liking this.

And thanks!

Alright, updates coming up right now...

Day 10 - Wednesday - Hollywood Studios

Itinerary:
  • Sleep in
  • Frozen Summer Fun
  • Fantasmic
  • Frozen Fireworks

FastPass+
  • Star Tours: 2:25-3:25
  • Rock 'n Roller Coaster: 3:55-4:55
  • Tower of Terror: 5:10-6:10

ADR:
  • Mama Melrose's: 5:50

Wait, did I type that right? Sleeping in, again? Didn't we do that yesterday? And didn't we get to bed by 11:00 last night?

What about the Frozen parade? We'll definitely miss that.

But really, we'll be ok if we miss that. Besides, we've already been to HS twice this trip, so this is really more of a "gravy" visit.

As I mentioned, the park is no longer in Star Wars Weekends mode, and today, transforms into a Frozen wonderland. Ok, so they change the statg decorations, and there's a different parade. That's about it. Oh, I think there's special merch, too. And Frozen fireworks, instead of Star Wars fireworks. Come to think of it, they did change a lot for this event.

So anyway, we're well-rested now, and it's 11:00. Time to head to...the pool? Yes, you read that one right, too. It's like Wacky Wednesday for us today. I'm not sure I even know us anymore.

Kristin didn't swim, so when we wrapped up 45 minutes later, only the three of us had to take showers. All cleaned up, it was off to Centertown, for one last fling at the Old Port Royale food court. But first, pictures!

I'm getting there first. I'm hungry!

Kristin, evidently, is not hungry:

Alright, let's go!

We're really loving OPR, and keep finding new things to try. It sure beats any of the QS joints at Hollywood Studios. For some reason, I didn't write down what we had, but we did take pictures. I think this is some sort of fish sandwich:

This is a smoothie:

Self-explanatory:

I don't know what caused this reaction, but it was an overdramatized effort in response to something Kristin told her. I'm guessing it couldn't have been THAT exciting, though, or I would have remembered it.

Meal done, and we're out. OPR was delicious, as always! We get a photo of the hair wrap twins...

...and then, it's back to the room and off to Hollywood Studios!

We arrived at DHS around 2:15, which isn't that horrible, considering we're going to be here until park closing. The FP times listed in the previous post are adjustments we made the day before, since we originally had all but one of them booked for the morning. We did lose our Toy Story Midway Mania FPs, but picked up R'nRC, which I think we prefer today anyway.

So, what's the deal with this "Frozen Summer Fun" stuff? Well, it all starts with sand:

Then, signs:

Then, us giving a "thumbs up", for some reason:

And celebrating...for some reason:

The next stage in the Frozen Summer Fun takeover is, well, the stage.

And look, the show is starting in a few minutes!

The guy standing next to Kristin starts talking to us, and reveals that he's a CM who is here on his day off. Oh, and he LOVES Frozen. And knows A LOT about it. So he's excited. As are we!

While we waited, I took some pseudo-panoramic shots:

Show's starting! "Hi!"

Olaf is ready to get summer rolling! And how can he do that? With....a musical number! Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi!

You can probably guess what that song was. This one might be trickier:

I don't even remember what it was. Hey, beach balls!

Now, who doesn't love beach balls. Whoa, now it's snowing!

Well, sort of. You can see it, if you look really hard in that lost shot. Glistening in the sky above us. Well, sort of.

The show wraps up, and it was a fun one! Em and I are big Olaf fans, and this show did not disappoint.

Dylan, on the other hand, HATES Frozen, though he did like the beach balls (who doesn't?) and snow effect in this show. But not Olaf.

Our revised FPs have us scheduled to hit Star Tours right now, and off we go! But first, a photo of a Hidden Mickey the Frozen-loving CM told us about, at the bottom of the mini-snowman stack:

Kristin is NOT a fan of Frozen Fever, calling it a "scam to sell dresses". She's probably not 100% wrong.

And there's the AT-AT:

And the Ewok village:

Into the ride we go! One quick photo, while we can.

Ok, so it's just a garage door. But it's an IN-RIDE garage door. I know. Not so cool. Not sure why I included it. I could always just delete it before I post this, but why bother?

Anyway, the ride is awesome, as always. It's amazing how much the refurb improved it. Night and day.

I try to get some theming shots on the way out, but Kristin and the kids are running ahead.

I catch up, and we duck into the Writer's Stop, just to see what it's all about. Coffee, it looks like. And books:

That's probably a good one! I don't get it, though, and out we go, continuing our cross-park journey to see the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It was kind of touch-and-go as far as getting into the next show, but we made it. No photos during the show...or rain, apparently. Sad to see that go, if it's really gone for good. The show is always fun, though, and very well done. And it's in air conditioning.

Afterwards, we head over the Magic of Disney Animation:

And now, one of my favorite little things at DHS, the posters of upcoming films!

Nothing I didn't know about, though. Dory should be good. Not sure about Zootopia.

Our real agenda here at the MoDA is to draw. We really want to draw. But there's a line. The CM, however, says we MIGHT make it in. And we almost do. But we don't. So we wait.

While we're waiting, I see what was only the second demonstration of Disneybounding I saw on our trip, with a early-20s couple dressed in the colors of Ariel and Prince Eric. Pretty cool! But I really was expecting to see far more of this on the trip.

So now, we're inside:

Look, it's the animator from the Magical Express promo video!

We've had him before, and he's our favorite.

So whom were we drawing? Hopefully not Chip. We already did Donald. And I think Kristin will storm out in protest if it's Eeyore again.

But it isnt'! It's Merida! Yay! We've never drawn any human characters here, and Merida was fun. Here are the results (photo taken later that night):

Mine, on the bottom right, looks exactly like Merida, if she had a run-in with Coraline's fake parents.

After what could be our last time EVER drawing at DHS (what???), it was over to RnRC, where we got this classic photo:

I can't decide who looks best.

Afterward, we pondered what to do with our ToT FPs. Emily STILL won't ride, which causes a problem. We're within an hour of our ADR time, so we could, possibly have Dylan ride with Kristin, then with me. But it will be tight. I think it's possible, though.

Kristin insists that Dylan and I go first, and I'm not arguing. Cool mist effects in the queue:

And there it is:

We enter the library, watch the film, head underground, and finally get to the always-stressful fork in the queue. Which way will be quicker? We have to decide, now! We go right, and we up on the ride at exactly the same time as the people in front of us in line pre-fork, who ultimately veered left. So no difference.

Alternate Trip Report day header number photo...

...and on we go. We get to the exit, and we are really low on time. But I think Kristin and Dylan can squeeze in a ride. Kristin's not sure. Finally, Dylan and Em swap Magic Bands, and in they go.

Emily and I are now tasked with securing our next set of FPs. But here's the tricky part - we have to wait until we think Kristin and Dylan are past the second checkpoint. We reach the front of the FP+ kiosk queue, and luckily enough, are able to make new FPs. Not a lot of options left, but we're ok with grabbing another one for Star Tours, at 7:10.

One point of concern for us today is if we'll still be able to make it to the Frozen fireworks after seeing Fantasmic!, to which the CM at the kiosk says, "I don't think there are fireworks tonight." What?? He picks up the times guide, and sure enough, there ARE fireworks. He learned something today! He says, based on the times, that we should be able to make it. Great!

Kristin and Dylan get off the ride, and we're pushing 5:50 now. We have to get to Mama Melrose's ASAP.

We speed walk over to whatever "land" that's in and check in. We're late. We get a brief lecture, but in the end, it's all good. They're seating slowly anyway.

So, we get a pager, and head off to shop. Or, rather, look. We have no intention of buying anything. So, where to first?

Looks good! But ugh, Muppets Most Wanted.

Not a fan.

The shop is pretty neat, though:

Unbeknownst to us, this shop leads right into some baby shop...

...so we turn around and head out to our next spot.

Christmas shop. In June. But whoa, cool merch!

Without buying a thing, we step back outside. Our pager still hasn't gone off yet, but we're done shopping, so it's back to Mama Melrose's.

Up next...dinner!

(next update)

Last edited:
Yay update!! First of all, I saw that glorious Monkey Cupcake in the background of your OPR lunch pics... and now I'm craving one :sad:. So, thanks for that. lol.
Aside from that, super awesome update and I love the pics! Glad you guys made it to Mama Melrose's, can't wait to live vicariously through your dinner photos of that delicious food! I so don't blame Emily for not riding ToT, I don't ride it anymore either. But, she is super brave to do RnRC! Go Emily!!

Yay update!! First of all, I saw that glorious Monkey Cupcake in the background of your OPR lunch pics... and now I'm craving one :sad:. So, thanks for that. lol.
Aside from that, super awesome update and I love the pics! Glad you guys made it to Mama Melrose's, can't wait to live vicariously through your dinner photos of that delicious food! I so don't blame Emily for not riding ToT, I don't ride it anymore either. But, she is super brave to do RnRC! Go Emily!!

How could I forget the Monkey Cupcake? That was pretty much a given at our OPR meals :). Thanks again for the tip!

RnRC is Emily's favorite ride, though she said (and the photo confirms) that she closes her eyes when it "takes off".

I love when I sign on and see that you've updated. It makes my day! I'm curious to see how you liked Mama Melrose... we had an okay experience there in December.

Sounds like a fun day - definitely an advantage of longer trips is that you can have some days that you take it easy and only get to a park after lunch. Good idea to get lunch before getting to DHS as the food options aren't the best there

It is kind of amazing how much better Start Tours 2.0 is compared to 1.0 considering is the same basic ride

Kristin is NOT a fan of Frozen Fever, calling it a "scam to sell dresses". She's probably not 100% wrong.

I remember when I first saw info about the movie and I thought the same/similar thing: Wow, so one princess with one dress to buy isn't enough - now there are two in one movie!

Glad you made it to dinner ok after getting in both trips on ToT

Interested to see how things worked out for you to see the Frozen Fireworks after Fantasmic! as we had the same thing last trip and it was a bit stressful and crowded for us getting out of the theater - but we did get to see the fireworks, though back a bit further than I had hoped

I enjoy your DHS updates since we rarely seem to make it to that park. We'd planned to visit during our trip this year but didn't make it over there.

Steve & Emily have done ToT. I have not. None of us have ever done RnRC. Wusses!

I'm looking forward to your Mama Melrose's update - gotta love Italian food! But I'm placing bets that Kristin got steak and Emily got mac & cheese.

Last edited:
I love when I sign on and see that you've updated. It makes my day! I'm curious to see how you liked Mama Melrose... we had an okay experience there in December.

Awesome! Thanks! Mama Melrose is coming up tonight.

The RnRC picture is awesome! Rock on!

Dylan knows where all of the cameras are. On all of the rides.

Sounds like a fun day - definitely an advantage of longer trips is that you can have some days that you take it easy and only get to a park after lunch. Good idea to get lunch before getting to DHS as the food options aren't the best there

Yeah, OPR was the way to go. Love that place!

It is kind of amazing how much better Start Tours 2.0 is compared to 1.0 considering is the same basic ride

The 3-D and the clips are WAY better!

I remember when I first saw info about the movie and I thought the same/similar thing: Wow, so one princess with one dress to buy isn't enough - now there are two in one movie!

With two new dresses in the animated short!

Glad you made it to dinner ok after getting in both trips on ToT

It was tight! I never stopped believin'.

Interested to see how things worked out for you to see the Frozen Fireworks after Fantasmic! as we had the same thing last trip and it was a bit stressful and crowded for us getting out of the theater - but we did get to see the fireworks, though back a bit further than I had hoped

That's coming up tonight, too!

I enjoy your DHS updates since we rarely seem to make it to that park. We'd planned to visit during our trip this year but didn't make it over there.

We didn't go there the first year we came down, but love it now. I'm interested to see what happens to it.

Steve & Emily have done ToT. I have not. None of us have ever done RnRC. Wusses!

Do it! At least once.

I'm looking forward to your Mama Melrose's update - gotta love Italian food! But I'm placing bets that Kristin got steak and Emily got mac & cheese.

Those might be wise bets!

Mama Melrose, etc. coming up now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter