Exclusive Baby Gorilla Photos! (plus bonus Trip Report) - June '15 - completed 10/23 - Page 31

:wave2: Over the last couple weeks I have read all your trip reports (really missed 2013:earseek:) :disrocks:

Yeah, I missed that one, too :)

Thanks for reading! I love writing them, but it's all the better when others like them, too!

You have me very excited about the world showcase with all the pictures. We are going next June and I know you don't tell when you are going but I will keep my eye out for your kids.

I THINK June 13-24. I loosened up a bit on that :) When will you be there?

By the way the photo of Emily pulling the sword out the stone and Dylan looking on in disbelief :eek: is my favorite of all the pictures you poseted.::yes::

That's one of my favorites, too! He was SO mad. He had been trying for years.

That's the way to go, then they are more appreciative lol. That's too funny about the ears. It reminds me of when my DH took DD to the Ariana Grande concert - they had headbands that did something similar. That must have been really funny.

Ooh, I wonder if the wand would work at concerts? Take that, Swifties!

Thanks for your patience. Day 11 coming up right now!

Day 11 - Thursday - Magic Kingdom

Itinerary:
  • Rope Drop
  • Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at park opening
  • Leave at park closing

FastPass+
  • Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairy Tale Hall: 8:00-9:00
  • Wishes: 9:35-10:35
  • Space Mountain: 10:25-11:25

ADR:
  • Narcoossee's: 5:30

Last edited:
Alright, this is it, guys. Last park day. As Long-Gone Wakeup Call Mickey would say, "there's no time for nappin'".

And we didn't. I was up at 5:45. Intentionally. Kristin gets up next, and I head off to Old Port Royale to refill our mugs and get muffins. Even though I'm the only one who ever drinks the mug drink in the morning, it's iced teas all around.

Oh well. One plus to being up at 5:45 and out not long after is you can get shots like this:

It's so early, even paths are still closed!

I get the goods, and we get ready and out the door relatively painlessly.

Magic Kingdom, guys! Last day. Park opens at 8:00 for Extra Magic Hours, and we're through bag check by 7:45.

Of all of our days, this one got the most tweaking, modifying, manipulating, and mucking with of the entire trip. I booked this day first, right at 1:01 am (late park close - grrrr!), to get the A&Es. Then, I added Wishes. I'd heard mixed reviews on whether it's worth it, but went with it anyway. I really don't like being behind a tree or tiptoeing just inside a masking tape border wall, all the while being reprimanded by light wand-wielding Cast Members, and trying to watch the fireworks. So to me, it's well worth it.

The final FP booked was the first of the day - Splash Mountain, 9:30. A&E were booked after lunch, but then I realized Emily might still be wet when she meets them. Not the best look for the photos.

So I moved it to later. And the time was perfect. WAS perfect.

Our original ADRs were for 1900 Park Fare, but we dumped those in exchange for Narcoossee's after the cataclysmic inferno at Raglan Road make our ADRs for there all but useless.

Princess dinner, followed by meeting Princesses. Perfect! But now, we won't be eating the Princess dinner. No matter. The A&E time stays.

The problem with the Wishes FP is you can't really book anything after your third, since it will be late once that one's done. Guessing we won't have a problem with lines in Frontierland, we switched our original 9:30 Splash FPs for Space Mountain at 10:25 pm.

We're running on an unusual plan today, but it will work. Besides, we're here at rope drop.

Now regretting not booking a 7DMT FP for today (I underestimated how much we'd love it), the goal is to get back to the ride as quickly as we can, then ride it standby, with a not-too-horrible wait.

The first of the ropes drop, and off we go. Kristin gets her Facebook profile photo:

And it's back to Fantasyland.

We reach the Mine Train, and the line is HUUUGGGGE. No, thanks! We were not expecting that. That stinks. Maybe we'll get lucky later?

Plan B now, and it's off to Frontierland.

Or not. Frontierland is not open yet. What? I guess it doesn't open for EMHs. Why ever not?

Ok, Plan C. Let's go ride Space Mountain. With a hopefully minimal wait.

...and we do! We were some of the first on the ride. On quickly. Great ride, as always!

Afterwards, we ride Buzz. We exit Buzz. Don't ask me why I don't have photos for any of this, but I'm thinking it all went by really quickly. This was commando touring, which we hadn't really had much of this trip, until now.

We made our way over to Frontierland now, by way of Adventureland.

And now, it's time for this:

And this:

And, of course, this:

This was essentially a walk-on, too. Happy we got to ride it in the morning without even needing the FP, we tried our luck over at Big Thunder.

No line here, either. This is great!

We ride, but don't take any photos. We already have more BTMRR in-ride photos than Napolean Dynamite has boondoggle keychains from Scout camp, so no more really were needed.

So what's next?

Ok, I know. I realize that you can't have more than "like infinity" of anything. But we have a lot of photos of BTMRR.

So what's next?

Disney hit us right in the jaw with the whole 7DMT is so awesome everyone loves it line too long should have booked an FP for it in the first place thing, but we came right back and socked 'em even harder by riding all three mountains before 10:00 am. Yeah, that's right. Put US on the Disney Hype resort TV show.

Next in our plans is the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. But first, we want to take a look at an old favorite which we never, ever go to anymore, Pecos Bill's Fall Off Your Chair Cafe:

We had some good times there. But it lost its luster, for some reason. I think we getting horribly sick after eating there once (though I don't blame the food) played a role in it.

Once again, we find ourselves travelling through Adventureland:

Sadly, we won't be riding this anytime soon:

Refurb. Just like it was on our very first trip. Nostalgia. This, on the other hand, IS open:

And, unlike on our first trip, it's back to the original management. Yay!

Always love that one. I know it's extremely dated. But I prefer the word "timeless".

Off to Tomorrowland now. No pictures on the way, or around the Laugh Floor, or in the Laugh Floor. For some reason, the camera is being neglected today.

The Laugh Floor is hilarious, as usual. We're approaching lunchtime now, and can't seem to decide on anywhere to eat. Kristin doesn't want to do Cosmic Ray's, and we already did Columbia Harbour House and the Village Haus.

So...

Old Port Royale it is!

Yep, just because it's the last park day for us doesn't mean we can't head back to CBR. Especially if it's for lunch!

We're back at CBR by 11:00, stepping off the bus as Centertown. I'm really in love with this food court. So many options, and all so good! Today, I went with the Cabana Burger:

You can probably figure out what was in it. And what was on top of it. And how good it was.

Kristin got a chili dog:

Also good, but probably not as good as the Cabana Burger. Didn't try it; don't know. It stinks you cn't get the jerk chips with these (different counter), though. Those things are Heaven.

Dylan got the sammich:

The observant eye (or, as some call it, "BritBrie") can probably spot two Monkey Cupcakes in both the Cabana Burger and sammotch photos. That cupcake is the one. Soooo good.

Emily also deviated from the norm to get a sammage of her own.

Wait, why am I talking like someone doing a horrible Archie Bunker impersonation? I honestly don't know. But what I do know is we're done eating, and now we're heading back to the room. It's nap time!

'Wait, what? WHAT? WHAT???

Seriously, dude - it's your LAST FULL DAY. The LAST ONE IN THE PARK. And you're taking a nap?

I can honestly say I don't know this family any more. I think they recast this Trip Report series between seasons at some point. These are the Vance and Coy Duke versions of our family. This is our take on Variety Show Jan Brady. This is not the original cast. Napping?

So, with no one to stop us, we slept. All of us. Out.

(to be continued...

...in the next installment of "Exclusive Baby Gorilla Photos! (plus bonus Trip Report)".

SEE

if our heroes sleep all afternoon

WATCH

in horror as they squander their last day for a 2015 visit to a Disney Park

MARVEL

at their blatant disregard for time and reservations)

Man, who am I kidding.? No way we're sleeping that long. We have ADRs for Narcoossee's.

(next update)

Last edited:
Seriously, dude - it's your LAST FULL DAY. The LAST ONE IN THE PARK. And you're taking a nap?

:sad2:

Actually I shouldn't judge. The last day of our trip this year was supposed to be spent at DHS. We woke up and were just too worn out to tour a park. Steve spent the day at the Polynesian pool. Emily & I went to the Grand Floridian to shop and just look around. Then, since we still had a day left on our MBs Emily & I went to MK. And all we did was shop on Main Street. Yes, we are Disney's dream customer - we paid to go into the park and then all we did was spend more money! No rides. Just shopping.

It's a bummer that your trip report is coming to a close.......

Well, considering you were planning to do park opening and closing, I think a mid-day nap isn't the worst thing ever ... much better than plowing through and being cranky at the end of the night

Bummer about the line being so long at 7DMT - hopefully you did get on it one more time

Good job getting on all the other mountainous rides though!

Definitely think your lunch looks better than the vast majority of counter service options at Magic Kingdom. Just saw they changed the menu at Pecos Bill's .... to be exactly the same as at Tortunga Tavern. Oh well - they still have the fixin' bar.

:sad2:

Actually I shouldn't judge. The last day of our trip this year was supposed to be spent at DHS. We woke up and were just too worn out to tour a park. Steve spent the day at the Polynesian pool. Emily & I went to the Grand Floridian to shop and just look around. Then, since we still had a day left on our MBs Emily & I went to MK. And all we did was shop on Main Street. Yes, we are Disney's dream customer - we paid to go into the park and then all we did was spend more money! No rides. Just shopping.

These are the things frequent visitors can get away with :) It's really not THAT upsetting that I didn't get one last ride on the Jungle Cruise (sorry for the spoiler!), since I've been on it probably close to 20 times in my life already!

It's a bummer that your trip report is coming to a close.......

Yes and no for me. I love writing this, but will be happy once it's finally wrapped up. One less thing in the "to do" list!

Well, considering you were planning to do park opening and closing, I think a mid-day nap isn't the worst thing ever ... much better than plowing through and being cranky at the end of the night

That was definitely the logic used. Looking back, the mid-day break had to be pre-planned, since we weren't wearing our Narcoossee's Best in the morning. I don't think we were planning on napping, though.

And I'll confess - the nap was nice :)

Bummer about the line being so long at 7DMT - hopefully you did get on it one more time

Definitely a bummer. We'll see if we can do anything about it, but getting FPs for it at this point is out of the question. Should've booked one for EVERY Magic Kingdom day!

Good job getting on all the other mountainous rides though!

Thanks! I'm surprised we had a minimal wait for Space, even that early.

Definitely think your lunch looks better than the vast majority of counter service options at Magic Kingdom. Just saw they changed the menu at Pecos Bill's .... to be exactly the same as at Tortunga Tavern. Oh well - they still have the fixin' bar.

BIG fan of Old Port Royale! I don't think I got the same thing twice, and all of it was good. Nice atmosphere, too.

Is the Tortuga Tavern going away? I believe it was closed our entire trip, and it would make sense for it to close, considering (a) the menu change at Pecos Bill's, and (b) the new Jungle Cruise restaurant is moving in.

How could I forget the Monkey Cupcake? That was pretty much a given at our OPR meals :). Thanks again for the tip!

RnRC is Emily's favorite ride, though she said (and the photo confirms) that she closes her eyes when it "takes off".
The monkey cupcake was NO WHERE to be found our entire trip. :(

The CBR bus stop is right outside the park exit, but there's already a line. We get on the second bus, though, so it's not that long of a wait.(Up next, Day 11, and our last day at Magic Kingdom!)
We REALLY appreciated the fact that the CBR bus stop was right outside DHS...especially during the torrential downpour that ensued last friday night!

We're also from NY/NJ originally, I have no problem admitting that I'm an Italian food snob. Especially having an off the boat Italian father!
My grandparents came over on the boat as well.......from Sicily. We rarely eat out Italian....but Via Napoli pizza is the exception ;)

...in the next installment of "Exclusive Baby Gorilla Photos! (plus bonus Trip Report)".

SEE

if our heroes sleep all afternoon

WATCH

in horror as they squander their last day for a 2015 visit to a Disney Park

MARVEL

at their blatant disregard for time and reservations)

Ohhh the suspense! Don't leave us hanging too long!!

Can't believe it's your last full park day already :sad:

And are those fried pickles on top of your burger? Because HELLO :worship:

I've enjoyed reading your report so far and am looking forward to finding out about the rest of your day!

Last edited:
The observant eye (or, as some call it, "BritBrie") can probably spot two Monkey Cupcakes in both the Cabana Burger and sammotch photos. That cupcake is the one. Soooo good.

Oh I saw them... I crave those cupcakes ALL the time too, especially when you post about them! lol. Awesome update, good choice on eating at OPR for lunch!!

We too are big fans of Old Port Royale! Lots of options and the lines, most importantly, move. We stayed at Pop in 2013 and our biggest complaint was the food court; it took, what seemed like FOREVER, just to get our food. Another reason we love Old Port Royale is for their Holiday music; during the December season, they play fun Christmas-themed calypso music -- which to this date we are still trying to hunt down :)

We ride, but don't take any photos. We already have more BTMRR in-ride photos than Napolean Dynamite has boondoggle keychains from Scout camp, so no more really were needed.

:stitch2::rotfl2: OMG, that's hilarious. OUr girls just recently became obsessed with Napoloan.

I got behind! Your HS day wasfun ! The Frozen fireworks were pretty fun. We saw those in August!

I'm so sad Animation Academy and that whole area closed. It was all closed when we got there in August.

I can't believe you had crappy waits and not so great service 2 nights in a row! I'm an ex-server, and even if the food is taking long, there is no need to neglect your tables. Let them know the kitchen is backed up! Sheesh.

Glad you got good seats for Fantasmic, though, that's worth it. I"m so glad Kristin got the kids the wands. I would have done the same thing. They look really cool!

Your photo of the CBR sunrise is gorgeous! Wish I was there.

Great morning at MK! All 3 mountains? That's fantastic.

Can't believe you left at 11am! I don't even think I know you anymore! :)

We've never hopped, so I'd be interested to hear what you think of it. And 8-day trip should still be plenty of time to get everything done. Are you going around Spring Break?

Our plan is spring break, which around here is early (2nd week of March) - the high schooler has conferences the thurs / fri before so it lets us tack on more days without pulling him out. But now the middle school joined the academic pentathlon - and if he makes the team, which we won't find out till January, it's within our dates. The high schooler has mid terms after spring break, and shifting dates pushes our flights AND hotel waaaaaaaay higher.

So. We're looking at a plan B of June, and I'm rereading your report to reassure myself it isn't going to be a crazy mess.

Our park hopping plans are mostly starting somewhere in the am, taking an afternoon break, and going somewhere different later in the day. Or doing things like rope dropping MK, riding all of the mountains, and then monorailing to Epcot. It'll be an interesting experiment.

And now I'm off to catch up on your report!

The monkey cupcake was NO WHERE to be found our entire trip. :(

WHAT??? That's absurd.

We REALLY appreciated the fact that the CBR bus stop was right outside DHS...especially during the torrential downpour that ensued last friday night!

That was nice! Very convenient.

Ohhh the suspense! Don't leave us hanging too long!!

Updates tonight!

Can't believe it's your last full park day already :sad:

I know! Though, when we were there, it felt like we were in WDW forever at that point. Not that that's a bad thing or anything :)

And are those fried pickles on top of your burger? Because HELLO :worship:

Sadly, I don't remember! I think they were, but can't be sure. Can't find anything online about that burger. Perhaps...it never really existed?

That said, I LOVE fried pickles, too!

Oh I saw them... I crave those cupcakes ALL the time too, especially when you post about them! lol. Awesome update, good choice on eating at OPR for lunch!!

We've never eaten so much at a resort food court! Definitely a huge plus for Caribbean Beach.

We too are big fans of Old Port Royale! Lots of options and the lines, most importantly, move. We stayed at Pop in 2013 and our biggest complaint was the food court; it took, what seemed like FOREVER, just to get our food. Another reason we love Old Port Royale is for their Holiday music; during the December season, they play fun Christmas-themed calypso music -- which to this date we are still trying to hunt down :)

The music at Centertown made me wonder if there was such a thing as original Calypso music, or if it was all just covers of American and British pop hits :)

:stitch2::rotfl2: OMG, that's hilarious. OUr girls just recently became obsessed with Napoloan.

The kids have yet to see it, but I think they'll love it. I'm still laughing over a clip I watched the other day: "I'm trying to save money for college." "Your mom goes to college!"

I got behind! Your HS day wasfun ! The Frozen fireworks were pretty fun. We saw those in August!

The snow was the best part!

I'm so sad Animation Academy and that whole area closed. It was all closed when we got there in August.

I can't imagine they won't bring it back. That would be terrible!

I can't believe you had crappy waits and not so great service 2 nights in a row! I'm an ex-server, and even if the food is taking long, there is no need to neglect your tables. Let them know the kitchen is backed up! Sheesh.

At MM, there was a couple that told the server they were in a hurry. They were in and out in no time. For us, for some reason, it took forever! And I agree - at least come check on us!

Glad you got good seats for Fantasmic, though, that's worth it. I"m so glad Kristin got the kids the wands. I would have done the same thing. They look really cool!

I'm not so sure there are bad seats for Fantasmic, though. Of course, I've never been anywhere in that theater but in the Dinner Package seating, so I could be wrong. I think we're going to try sitting in population next year, so we'll see.

Your photo of the CBR sunrise is gorgeous! Wish I was there.

Thanks! The mornings there were heavenly!

Great morning at MK! All 3 mountains? That's fantastic.

Thank you, Seven Dwarfs!

Can't believe you left at 11am! I don't even think I know you anymore! :)

Yeah, really! And took naps! What the-?

Our plan is spring break, which around here is early (2nd week of March) - the high schooler has conferences the thurs / fri before so it lets us tack on more days without pulling him out. But now the middle school joined the academic pentathlon - and if he makes the team, which we won't find out till January, it's within our dates. The high schooler has mid terms after spring break, and shifting dates pushes our flights AND hotel waaaaaaaay higher.

School is so annoyingly inconvenient, isn't it? :)

So. We're looking at a plan B of June, and I'm rereading your report to reassure myself it isn't going to be a crazy mess.

Plan well, know the parks, and be flexible, and anything is possible!

Our park hopping plans are mostly starting somewhere in the am, taking an afternoon break, and going somewhere different later in the day. Or doing things like rope dropping MK, riding all of the mountains, and then monorailing to Epcot. It'll be an interesting experiment.

We're proof positive that it works! Haven't tried it over spring break, but I can't imagine June is that much different.

I have updates all typed up and ready to go, but probably won't post them until tonight, because that's when I proofread, etc. Stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter