Exciting news for DHS!!

WillAustin said:
Both of these lands are a far better idea than Avatarland ever could be. I hope it's true and they move as quickly as the they can getting them done.

They certainly make more sense than Avatarland does.

Agree, would much rather have Carsland then Avatarland. We visited DL in April and Carsland was awesome!!

I wonder if the Carsland would include Radiator Springs Racers since that's almost the same as Test Track. It takes up alot of room.

It also seems to be having problems just like TT. Theme Park Insider posted an article on its Facebook page earlier about the problems it has and several things aren't working properly.
I loved Carsland in DCA, I really hope it does come to DHS. I'd be perfectly happy with Radiator Springs Racers coming aswell although its understandable some people would not want an exact copy of the one at DCA.
As a PP stated, it would be a small park if they closed both parts off at the same time (although I'm guessing attendance capacity would be reduced).
I do feel DHS needs something else, especially to take pressure off of TSM. These two lands would be a perfect fit.
If they do go ahead with a Star Wars land, what planet(s) would they have or would people like to see? I know there's already a bit of Endor and Tatooine there, so they might blend it in with those 2 planets

It also seems to be having problems just like TT. Theme Park Insider posted an article on its Facebook page earlier about the problems it has and several things aren't working properly.

We learned about that. The first 2 or 3 times we got in line for RSR last Sept it broke down before we could get on.

I think it's definitely feasible to do both in the timeframe. They already have all the details for Carsland worked out, just have to execute. To get Star Wars Land in my lifetime - great!

Yes, I love the Muppets but would willingly give that up for the expansion. I don't believe they would abandon the Muppets completely since they own them, and they are making more movies, so hopefully we'd get something even better than the current show. Or just move something into the Sounds Dangerous theater.

Sometimes change is painful, but I'd rather have two new lands over one playground and one show.

We learned about that. The first 2 or 3 times we got in line for RSR last Sept it broke down before we could get on.

Three weeks ago, we rode it 8 times in two days. The only time it was down was for about half an hour on the first early entry day. It is an excellent family ride.

I'm really hoping that this comes true. I was raised on Star Wars and have begun the indoctrination with my kids into that world as well. With the new movies coming the popularity will continue to rise and that will create lots of interest in the land. With some of the new things we've seen them do with technology I think they could make some really spectacular stuff.

The downside, of course, is the crowds. Friends who went to DL recently have said they loved Cars Land but it was very crowded and if you didn't get the FP early you weren't getting one. It's just like TSMM, Soarin, etc that they are very popular and the queues fill up quickly. Upside is that it will draw people from other things but it will also bring in new guests. Just like DL saw a substantial increase in guests after CL was built, DHS & AK will follow suit with Cars Land, Star Wars Land and Avatar Land.

My kids will be 12/9 if done in 2018, so it should still be pretty cool for them. :thumbsup2

I'm really hoping that this comes true. I was raised on Star Wars and have begun the indoctrination with my kids into that world as well. With the new movies coming the popularity will continue to rise and that will create lots of interest in the land. With some of the new things we've seen them do with technology I think they could make some really spectacular stuff.

The downside, of course, is the crowds. Friends who went to DL recently have said they loved Cars Land but it was very crowded and if you didn't get the FP early you weren't getting one. It's just like TSMM, Soarin, etc that they are very popular and the queues fill up quickly. Upside is that it will draw people from other things but it will also bring in new guests. Just like DL saw a substantial increase in guests after CL was built, DHS & AK will follow suit with Cars Land, Star Wars Land and Avatar Land.

My kids will be 12/9 if done in 2018, so it should still be pretty cool for them. :thumbsup2
i agree all three of thee projects would do wonders for wdw

I'd rather see this expansion first over Avatarland as Star Wars has stayed the test of time and Pixar is so relevant to Disney. It's just too late for Avatar just like IA was too late, the show had already jumped the shark and now just isn't that relevant. :)

I am sorry but is IA? I am trying to place it.

I am skeptical of getting both Carsland and Star wars. I really thought it would be one or the other.

I heard a while back, when the CL at HS rumors got started that it wasn't Cars Land that was coming, but the Radiator Springs Racers attraction. That they would put the Racers and another Pixar attraction in and expand the current Pixar Place land. But that we wouldn't get the full Cars Land.

It was just a rumor and I honestly can't even remember where I heard it, but this makes more sense to me than bringing the whole Land over. I think Cars Land will continue to be something you have to go to California to experience. But a copy of the one ride? I think that will make its way to HS.

If we are talking about expanding/redoing Pixar Place. I think a Star Wars Land is completely possible too.

My guess is that whatever the plan for DHS turns out to be, it will be unveiled at the D23 convention this year. I figure there must be something coming to DHS because there have been too many rumblings for too long for there not to be anything.

I think something big has to be announce at D23. Right now the only confirmed major enhancements in the pipeline are the 7 Dwarfs coaster and Disney Springs. Disney has to have something up it sleeves for 2015 and 2016 or Universal opening Diagon Alley is going to kill them in 2015 and 2016. I mean truthfully, I think the one coaster in 2014 is going to have an uphill fight against a whole new HP land.

What if they replaced it with a Cars-themed or Star Wars-themed or Pixar-themed (aka "Andy's Room") play area?

:earsboy:

I think Andy's Room would be awesome. I want more Toy Story in the parks so bad. This is a way under served property. It has such broad appeal. They could also add a Toy Story character meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter