Exciting news for DHS!!

Please note that the rumors state that the new DHS expansion will be complete in 2018. Five years. Stated up front.

I don't want to see ANY of you people back here in 2017 whining about why it's taking soooooo looooooong.

:rotfl2:

:earsboy:

D23??????

Clones bother me:

Clone_Troopers_Phase_II.jpg

PLEASE let this be true!! Well, actually the only part I REALLY care about being true is Star Wars land. (As far as I am concerned they can re-theme the entire park to be Star Wars.) My DD will be out of the house when the new areas open (if they come to fruition) so I can move to FL and work in Star Wars Land!!! (Will they hire me specifically for the Star Wars area, and can I wear an Asajj Ventress costume?)

I hope they go ahead with a Cars Land, and please do it quickly, before my kids get too big for Disney.

I truly think they need to work on DHS to add things to it. There isn't enough attractions at this park.

I'm excited that this might happen! Not a huge SW fan here but I know many who are so it would be great.

Super excited that Cars Land might be added too! Many are unable to travel to CA so having an option to visit in FL would be great!!

I've always wanted to experience CarsLand but I'm never able to go to Cali. So that'd be a great expansion

I'm not so sure about Star Wars Land... It'd be cool I guess with the new Star Wars Movies coming out but with the Star Tours coming out, what? A year ago? I'm checking the wait for it now, only 10min. My question is if it will be packed and bring more people in like CarsLand in Cali ADv.

I hope they go ahead with a Cars Land, and please do it quickly, before my kids get too big for Disney.

:goodvibes Same here. I don't mind the five year wait, but since my kids are currently 16 and 13 that means I would be making memories in these particular areas more with my future grandkids than my kids. Then again, since they have not yet stopped loving Disney I suspect my kids will be going to WDW right on through all ages. :rotfl:

They will need to greatly improve the infrastructure at HS if this happens... and by that I mean more parking, perhaps a larger entrance, and some more counter service places. I'm sure both lands would have places to eat... but I'm just imagining the extra crowds they will bring and the load they could put on the rest of the park.

Also - there's not a lot to do a HS as it stands - if they have to close the backlot tour, the stunt show, and the Muppets and areas around them... that's a decent chunk of the park. It could be a challenge during construction unless attendance drops in response - meaning if they keep the same average daily attendance and there's significantly less to do (and space to move around) the rest of the park would be jammed even more than it normally is.

What I'd hope they do with the Cars area is go off towards the stunt show area and build the mountain themed car ride (though it is very similar to TestTrack) and maybe a couple of themed shops/restaurants - but don't just duplicate the same area from Disneyland.

Then with Star Wars - some kind of big new attraction (I would assume a roller coaster or even a Buzz Lightyear type ride for kids where you shoot stuff) and then shops and a restaurant.

I really enjoy HS as it has an intimate feel and you can seemingly get from one side to the other quickly. The addition of some new lands/attractions could make it my second favroite park after MK but it will need to lose some that intimacy if it's going to handle the resulting surge in attendance.

There are tons of rumors out here on the net. Of course, they are all rumors. But some suggest that the driving entrance would be altered. The physical entrance (tickets) as well would be altered. Some say the hat will be gone, or it will move towards the new entrance. So that could help with crowd flow etc.

It's going to be interesting to see if any of this stuff comes into actual fruition. All we know for sure is that CM were surveying people at MK this past week regarding a SW Land (as they also did a few months back at Disneyland). So we know it's in their thoughts. Let's see if D23 lives up to the rumor hype. popcorn::

If WDW wants to look it absolute best come the 50th anniversary in 2021, they have to start planning and doing the construction NOW. Would be great to see each park have some major enhancements. And before you roll your eyes, 2021 will be here before we know it. sadly. :laughing:

Would love to see another Pixar attraction with the much under appreciated Incredibles or another Monsters attraction... not just Cars, please.

And I hope they keep Muppets!!!

Please note that the rumors state that the new DHS expansion will be complete in 2018. Five years. Stated up front.

I don't want to see ANY of you people back here in 2017 whining about why it's taking soooooo looooooong.

think there is any chance for a soft opening for my October 2013 trip?

I'd be happy if DHS expanded-not so much if they got rid of The Muppets. But, we can't have everything, and a Star Wars land would be the most awesome thing ever. I haven't seen the Cars movies, they just don't appeal to me so I can't say whether or not I'd enjoy a Cars Land. But Star Wars, I'm all over that. :woohoo:

It'll be fun to see if the rumor comes true.

hmmmm,, by then a 1 day 1 park may be $125 :scared1:

I wonder if the Carsland would include Radiator Springs Racers since that's almost the same as Test Track. It takes up alot of room.

We will most likely see an announcement at D23 should this be true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter