Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

wow! i just watched the lites link and wow! simply awesome! i've heard you guys talk about it forever and read a lot on it, and it was amazing!

my parents always said they'd take me to disney for xmas one year...i'm still waiting! maybe in a few years i can take my brood.

Fab thread and just what I am looking for !

Been in November before and saw he start of Chrismtas celebrations and done a MVMCP but this will will our first trip over Christmas and New Year.

So can't wait :santa:

we're going over thanxgiving 11/26-11/30 all this stuff will be going on, right?!? just want to make sure, after reading all this I need to see it all!!!!:love::santa:

When are the different "Santas" at Epcot? Only on Christmas day or are they there longer? I know that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade is around after Christmas.

When does the switch get turned on for the Osborn Festival of Lights?

When we were there in early Dec'08, they generally were turned on around 6:30-6:45 :santa:

Hello all!! Subbing!! We are going Dec 5-13...our 3rd time in Dec! We really love Dec/Jan...but wanted to see all the decor before it got crazy!!!! The only tip I have is not to go too crazy buying stuff! ha:rotfl: It all seems so needed when u are there and it's all Christmas-y... but we try to wait and let the kids look all week, then toward the last day, we shop. Whatever they have (or we have) really felt we wanted the whole week, is usually what we get! Just a little $$$$ tip for ya!!!
Also, just take time to watch your children's faces..it's priceless:cloud9:

Thanks for the tips! We'll be there December 19-28 staying at the Grand Floridian for our first ever Christmas visit. I can't wait.

I was just going through this thread for the first time and it looks like there are a couple of earlier questions that didn't get answered.

So this is something I heard about the Holidays, some of the rides like It's a Small World are decorated to show how the Holidays are celebrated around the World and that the Haunted Mansion is given a Nightmare Before Christmas decoration theme. I am not sure if that is true or not though. It might be that they only do that at Disneyland instead of Disney World. Can anyone verify that this is true?

This is a Disneyland thing, not Disney World.

I have two questions and forgive me if they have been asked before. Trying to add a day to my vacation so I can fit in the Candlelight.

1) How long is the program itself? If we do the dinner package, will we still have to wait in line really early?

2)Is there a schedule that will come out as to who is speaking which nights? If so, when can I expect it to be made avaliable!!

It will be my first time to CP too. I have been told that the program runs just under an hour in length. I have been told that, even with the dinner package, you should still show up a half hour to 45 mins. before showtime to get a good seat upfront. The schedule isn't up yet, and it is rumoured to come out in early August. I believe Steven Curtis Chapman is the only marrator who has leaked his dates to his fans... sometime in early December.

I have a question: If the MVMCP only lasts through December 18th, does this mean there are no Christmas festivities after that date?

I have a question: If the MVMCP only lasts through December 18th, does this mean there are no Christmas festivities after that date?

They don't do the charged Christmas party, but they do the fireworks and the shows everyday until C Day. Or so I think!! ha!!! pretty much same stuff, just for free... correct me if that's wrong!!

I was just going through this thread for the first time and it looks like there are a couple of earlier questions that didn't get answered.

This is a Disneyland thing, not Disney World.

It will be my first time to CP too. I have been told that the program runs just under an hour in length. I have been told that, even with the dinner package, you should still show up a half hour to 45 mins. before showtime to get a good seat upfront. The schedule isn't up yet, and it is rumoured to come out in early August. I believe Steven Curtis Chapman is the only marrator who has leaked his dates to his fans... sometime in early December.

Thank you HoppyPooh!:hug:

It's our first Disney Christmas Trip, too! We have always wanted to go and can't wait to get there! Have done lot's of studying and, of course, we know it is impossible to do everything, everywhere. We'll be there from Dec. 14-Dec. 19 at the AKL-Kidani Village. Also, our first time at AKL!

:wizard: :santa:

I know that after the 18th they will do the Christmas parade instead of the regular parade, but do they also do the fireworks from MVMCP instead of regular Wishes?

This will be our 3rd year to go during Christmas. It is really a great time. It is crowded but just expect that and you will be ok.. get there at rope drop and you should be able to ride just about everything without to much of a wait.

There is so much to do as everyone has said but one thing we do is we pack a small tree and lights and put them up in our room really adds to the feel of Christmas.

We are planning our first Disney Christmas in 2010. Do the restaurants do any special "Christmas Meals" over Christmas?

We are planning our first Disney Christmas in 2010. Do the restaurants do any special "Christmas Meals" over Christmas?

ooohhhhh...good question. We have the quick service dining plan...will any CS places have a special dinner, or no? Not that I'm picky...just looking for your traditional run of the mill turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, pie, and a few mixed salads;)

ooohhhhh...good question. We have the quick service dining plan...will any CS places have a special dinner, or no? Not that I'm picky...just looking for your traditional run of the mill turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, pie, and a few mixed salads;)

Not CS, but Liberty Tree Tavern has a great meal called Pilgrim's Feast every day. That's what I always get.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter