Everything you need to know about WDW Christmas- Tips & Secrets

We loved the Christmas story of all the countries in World Showcase. The Osborne lights are neat too....very good tip to go see those while Fantasmic is on.

We have done WDW early Dec but it's been a few years. Will be back again this year the 2nd full week which gets up to close to time the parks start getting really crowded. I haven't decided yet which parks what days but plan to go do as much as we can in the parks early in the week. Leave DD an touring resorts for the last couple of days but we have AP's so that idea might not work for everyone.

As far as packing for the Christmas Season myself I pack half winter clothing an half summer an do laundry half way thru the trip if we need to. We drive so taking hats, gloves an winter coat not a problem. Sometimes we've wished we had out long johns too I might do that this time just in case. In the past we have needed everything we took tho. That includes Jan trips too tho.

We loved the Christmas story of all the countries in World Showcase. The Osborne lights are neat too....very good tip to go see those while Fantasmic is on.

We have done WDW early Dec but it's been a few years. Will be back again this year the 2nd full week which gets up to close to time the parks start getting really crowded. I haven't decided yet which parks what days but plan to go do as much as we can in the parks early in the week. Leave DD an touring resorts for the last couple of days but we have AP's so that idea might not work for everyone.

As far as packing for the Christmas Season myself I pack half winter clothing an half summer an do laundry half way thru the trip if we need to. We drive so taking hats, gloves an winter coat not a problem. Sometimes we've wished we had out long johns too I might do that this time just in case. In the past we have needed everything we took tho. That includes Jan trips too tho.

If we drove down there, we probably would take everything but the kitchen sink with us lol. We have a tendancy to over pack a bit. :rotfl2:

Go to Port Orleans and take a carriage ride just $35 per carriage! The carriage and horse had a few Christmas decks.It goes around Port orleans Riverside and French Quarters and to see the lights and decorations was beautiful! We took the last carriage ride of the night. To our delight we watched fireworks from Epcot from the carriage.....

Then take the boat from POFQ to Downtown Disney for some Christmas shopping or just to listen to Carolers or musicians. The atmosphere is so very Christmas! Santa Claus is there too!

Charleyann:santa:

LOVE this thread!!!:love:

I have two questions and forgive me if they have been asked before. Trying to add a day to my vacation so I can fit in the Candlelight.

1) How long is the program itself? If we do the dinner package, will we still have to wait in line really early?

2)Is there a schedule that will come out as to who is speaking which nights? If so, when can I expect it to be made avaliable!!

Thanks everyone! Christmas is my favorite time of year and this year is going to be so magical taking my little girls to the world to celebrate!!:cloud9:

The overlays for HM and IASW are only for Disneyland :( I would LOVE for them to do it at WDW - since we have only been to DL once, and it wasn't during the holiday season!

So this is something I heard about the Holidays, some of the rides like It's a Small World are decorated to show how the Holidays are celebrated around the World and that the Haunted Mansion is given a Nightmare Before Christmas decoration theme. I am not sure if that is true or not though. It might be that they only do that at Disneyland instead of Disney World. Can anyone verify that this is true?

I love the holiday ending for illuminations. It should be especially poignant this year with the passing of Walter Cronkite, who does the narration.

We too are going to be there for the Holidays. We arrive Nov 24 through Dec 1. We have been SO many times but never for the Holidays. We cannot wait.

This is our first trip for the holidays. We'll be there Dec. 6 - 11th.

I'm loving all the tips - keep them coming!!!!

This will be my first time there during Christmas too. I'm taking my best friend for her 40th birthday and we'll be there Dec. 19-22.

Don’t miss the tree lighting at Epcot. We were near the front center when they lit the arch and turned around as it was lighted. Beautiful!

I also loved the Christmas stories at each country.

We chose the middle time for candlelight processional and had dinner afterwards at Rose and Crown. We were seated indoors (it was really cold) and were invited out to their special viewing area at the start of Illumination. After Illuminations we went back inside, had dessert and a leisurely walk to the exit. We had the dinner package. At that time you could eat after the CP but now I think they have changed it to where you can only eat before. If I have the opportunity, I would do it again that way, even without the dinner package.

We just decided to go, now which would be better Dec. 4 through the 6, or Dec. 9 to the 13. Is either week better than the other? I am so excited! thanks for all your help.:santa:

Go to Port Orleans and take a carriage ride just $35 per carriage! The carriage and horse had a few Christmas decks.It goes around Port orleans Riverside and French Quarters and to see the lights and decorations was beautiful! We took the last carriage ride of the night. To our delight we watched fireworks from Epcot from the carriage.....

Then take the boat from POFQ to Downtown Disney for some Christmas shopping or just to listen to Carolers or musicians. The atmosphere is so very Christmas! Santa Claus is there too!

Charleyann:santa:

Update -- the carriage ride is now $45.00. We did it in April and it was very nice. I would definitely want to do it during the Christmas season. You'd have the feel of an old-fashioned Christmas. Great idea, Charelyann.

I hate to talk about Christmas in July. But that's just me.:confused3

Time does fly as it is........Gosh, it just seems like it was January 1, 2009! The year is more than half over....:scared1:

great thread! keep the advice coming.

My husband and I are both teachers and therefore doomed to the busy time--20th to the 27th.... :sad2: Absolutely any advice would be helpful! We've never been at Christmas!:santa:

What should a family do on Christmas since the parks will be a madhouse?? We thought downtown disney...what else?

Oh yea, and what are the best bets for the best crowd if we DO decide to go on Christmas day or the day after...Animal Kingdom?? Is that one really bad too or is it just MK and Epcot that are unmanageable?

Ok here is another tip I found out about. In Germany Pavilion (I think), you can watch Glass blowers making Christmas ornaments. You can have ornaments custom-colored and engraved. Apparently at the time, they were even 50% off and reasonably price originally. And even if you don't want to purchase one, it is just fun to watch them being made.

Is the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian? I read it was somewhere but then another place said epcot....

where can I meet Santa?

Will the Christmas parade continue after the Mickeys party ends???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter