Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

I followed the instructions on how to better my chances to get a PIN code...can someone describe what it looks like when you receive it. I get emails from Disney, but not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

No postcards or letters yet. I know it's a "chance" thing, but I would sure hate to get an email with a lot of disney info in it and "miss" the code :rolleyes1

I followed the instructions on how to better my chances to get a PIN code...can someone describe what it looks like when you receive it. I get emails from Disney, but not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

No postcards or letters yet. I know it's a "chance" thing, but I would sure hate to get an email with a lot of disney info in it and "miss" the code :rolleyes1

They will be from "Disney Destinations"

Message is usually something like "Great offer for the "blank" family"

Good luck!

Here's an in-depth article with pics of some recent offers:

http://www.passporterboards.com/blogs/index.php/category/the-disney-queue/

I highly recommend joining their site as well as the disboards.

Good Luck!

Gretchen

wow...thanks to you both! and thanks for the link! It helps to know what I should be looking for! I have been on the passporter board. This board seemed more extensive though. I will definitely keep my eye out. Thanks again!

I received a code by email today, but all it says is that they're excited we are thinking about staying at all-star music and here's some pictures to look at. Then it tells our vacation plans that I had plugged in and says to book now and mention the specific code. I clicked book now and went through to the end of the process on the site but it doesn't look like I got any discount.

Does Disney just send our codes that save the trips you've looked at or am I looking at it wrong??

Can a pin code be used online or do you have to call one in? Not that I have a pin code, just dreaming of one! ))

Can a pin code be used online or do you have to call one in? Not that I have a pin code, just dreaming of one! ))

There may be some assigned PIN codes where you can only call, but the recent ones I have received provide the option to either call or use the PIN online. You're provided with the address to visit where you can enter your assigned PIN code, last name, and zip code.

I received a code by email today, but all it says is that they're excited we are thinking about staying at all-star music and here's some pictures to look at. Then it tells our vacation plans that I had plugged in and says to book now and mention the specific code. I clicked book now and went through to the end of the process on the site but it doesn't look like I got any discount.

Does Disney just send our codes that save the trips you've looked at or am I looking at it wrong??

Anyone know??

I'm sorry Halloween Baby - I don't know the answer to this.
Whenever we've gotten an email, or snail mail code, it's been for free dining, or a percentage off the resorts. I've never rec'd a code for a specific resort. I hope someone in the know will come along soon to answer your question.
BTW - maybe you should save some more expensive resorts too - just in case!:rotfl:

I'm sorry Halloween Baby - I don't know the answer to this.
Whenever we've gotten an email, or snail mail code, it's been for free dining, or a percentage off the resorts. I've never rec'd a code for a specific resort. I hope someone in the know will come along soon to answer your question.
BTW - maybe you should save some more expensive resorts too - just in case!:rotfl:

Thanks for trying to help! :rotfl:

After I got the pin yesterday, I actually did go back on and save some moderates in there too!! Hope I get something better or else we're gonna wait for free dining!

For those on the lookout.. I saved a trip in my favorites for June, well today I received a snail mail for free dining only for the month of June and has to be booked by march 14th. My only complaint is when I go to the online site for it, they don't offer any rooms in alligator bayou at port Orleans :(

I am going in may to get the 30% does anyone know of any other specials that I can use. I want my boy to have the trip of a lifetime.

When you're calling to ask if you have any type of discount what info do you give?

Reason I'm asking is I can't recall if when we've gone before if we've booked under DHs name, my maiden name or my hyphenated married name but without the hyphen. I know, that last part is confusing. I'll explain ...

DH last name is Smith

My maiden last name is Doe

I use Doe-Smith as my last name

Not every business will use the hyphen and they will delete my actual middle name and make my maiden last name as my middle name with DHs last name as my full last name.

I got to wondering about it because last year I was getting snail mail offers at least every other month. This year, to date, nothing. I don't recall which name they came in.

I searched through my emails, I rarely delete emails, and I had received a new offer every 3 months beginning in 2010. Every offer was sent to Doe, my maiden name.

Should I call and ask to have all 3 names checked?

BTW - Doe and Smith aren't our real last names. Just examples. ;)

Has anyone ever called Disney and had them tell you that you have a PIN code associated with your account, but then they quote you rack rate that is shown online? Didn't realize it until I checked the pricing online after.

Got a snail mail PIN today for 20% off room only. It may not be the best offer, but an offer nonetheless. We were looking at moderates for our trip in December. We were willing to pay the rack rates, but getting a PIN has helped bring down the rates. Since we got the PIN we were wondering, can you add the dining plan to this offer? If so, do you have to add it at the time of booking? Or can it be added on later? I know we would also have to buy our tickets through Disney. We did the math and we found it may be worthwhile for us to do so. This would be our first time staying on-site. So I'm trying to learn all that I can. TIA

Quick questions...we booked two rooms at csr with a free dining pin in my boyfriends name. The first room is us and second is my mom but we all live at the same address...so it wont be a problem right?

Second question..my bf might have a job offer and not be able to go on trip...will we be able to use his pin still bc its in his name? We would still need two rooms we will also be brining my brother and son.

Just wondering... If you call and get a pin code, can you use it at Disneyland or just at DisneyWorld?

If you happen to receive a personal PIN code offer for a specific vacation package or room discount at Walt Disney World, it's for that specific application at WDW only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter