Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

If I have a room booked now at rack rates, and they subsequently do a GP discount, will I be able to apply that discount later? Or is it only for a certain number of rooms at certain resorts, and I may not be able to apply it to an existing room reservation? I think the answer is the second one from my reading, but want to make sure (ie is a general public room discount applicable to all rooms in the resort during the specified date, or just a limited number, like military discounts)? Also, does a room discount PIN work on all rooms/dates, if you are lucky enough to get one?

If I have a room booked now at rack rates, and they subsequently do a GP discount, will I be able to apply that discount later? Or is it only for a certain number of rooms at certain resorts, and I may not be able to apply it to an existing room reservation? I think the answer is the second one from my reading, but want to make sure (ie is a general public room discount applicable to all rooms in the resort during the specified date, or just a limited number, like military discounts)? Also, does a room discount PIN work on all rooms/dates, if you are lucky enough to get one?

You're correct - if a discount comes up, it can be applied to your reservation, but there is limited availability of discounted rooms available at each resort. I would assume that PINs are restricted to certain dates, and like GP discounts, there is a limited number of discounted rooms available.

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place but I am new around here!

Am I the only one who is thoroughly frustrated with the free dining and/or 30% offers? I booked our trip in January and actually booked 2 reservations so I could play the odds of getting one of these discounts. We have a res at the Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas for a 2 bedroom.

To date, I have not been able to get either of these offers on my reservations and more recently I cannot get any offers for any rooms during the week of Oct 20th to the 27th.

Has anyone had any luck for these dates? I check multiple times each day and have been since each of them was announced. It feels that although I am within the offer dates, there really arent discounts to be had. Is it BS?

We visit 1-2 times a year for a week each and have never had a problem getting a discount. This year seems odd.

Any feedback?

I wanted to create an account on the disneyworld-homepage to get a chance of a pin-code.
But: When I edit personal information, a red code "W01040112035" pops up on the top and the changings are not saved.

What does that mean!?
I can't edit anything there.

:confused::confused:

What is the best way to grab a discounted room when they become available? Calling when the reservation lines open in the morning? I know there has been talk of discounts coming on 10/10 and I really wanted to see about snagging one for the Contemporary if they are available. Any help or tips would be greatly appreiciated!!! thanks :flower3:

What is the best way to grab a discounted room when they become available? Calling when the reservation lines open in the morning? I know there has been talk of discounts coming on 10/10 and I really wanted to see about snagging one for the Contemporary if they are available. Any help or tips would be greatly appreiciated!!! thanks :flower3:

It's not just talk; there are discounts that are coming out on the 10th. They're currently only available to Disney Visa customers, but you can read about them here and here.

I don't know if it's the best way, but I prefer to go online to save the cost of a long distance call and so that I can see for myself that I've got what I want in terms of dates, room category, type of ticket, etc.

It's not just talk; there are discounts that are coming out on the 10th. They're currently only available to Disney Visa customers, but you can read about them here and here.

I don't know if it's the best way, but I prefer to go online to save the cost of a long distance call and so that I can see for myself that I've got what I want in terms of dates, room category, type of ticket, etc.

If I already have a booking with AoA in a suite, how would I go about changing to a contemporary room? Would my deposit transfer to the new room? I booked a package with tickets also so would those be affected? So sorry for the duh questions but I'm brand new to this Disney vacation thing :)

If I already have a booking with AoA in a suite, how would I go about changing to a contemporary room? Would my deposit transfer to the new room? I booked a package with tickets also so would those be affected? So sorry for the duh questions but I'm brand new to this Disney vacation thing :)

That you would definitely have to call for, but there shouldn't be any problem changing your reservation (assuming that there's availability at the Contemporary for your dates, of course), and in fact, I don't think your reservation number changes, so you're not really transfering anything.

That you would definitely have to call for, but there shouldn't be any problem changing your reservation (assuming that there's availability at the Contemporary for your dates, of course), and in fact, I don't think your reservation number changes, so you're not really transfering anything.

This is correct. As long as the CR is available for your dates under the new discount and you keep it as a package, the CM should be able to just change the resort and apply the discount under the new promo, keeping everything else the same (including your original confirmation number) :).

This is correct. As long as the CR is available for your dates under the new discount and you keep it as a package, the CM should be able to just change the resort and apply the discount under the new promo, keeping everything else the same (including your original confirmation number) :).

Hooray!!! Fingers crossed for availability so we can have our fancy, convenient, fun vaycay! Reguardless, I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but the CR is kind of my 'Holy Grail' for this WDW trip :) I assume earlier is better to call?

another question I just thought about, can I access reservations online at midnight Tuesday night? or do they start when the reservation lines open in the AM? I saw on the WDW site that reservations, both online and telephone, would be unavailable after 5 tonight until tomorrow afternoon. I assume this is to implement the discounts that are coming. I just want to be sure and contact them asap to increase the likelihood of getting a CR ressie with the MK view...I know, I can keep dreaming right? :rotfl2: but I'm gonna try anyway.

klitteral2009 said:

I'm looking for a room the night before our cruise July 2013 when can I find those rooms and discounts?

I just received a pin for FD. I was wondering can you still book up to 3 rooms with a pin code? Also can this be done online or do you have to call? Thanks

I just received a pin for FD. I was wondering can you still book up to 3 rooms with a pin code? Also can this be done online or do you have to call? Thanks

I'm also wondering if I can book online. I got a FD pin last night!! (or a RO, but I'm positive the FD is what I'll take). I just like to price everything out before calling, for some reason!

Was so excited to receive a RO PIN code for Sep '13. Our AAA agent said that the PIN was not available for the standard view rooms- only the Lagoon view during our stay. From other's experiences, do you think there is a chance that the standard view will open up for the PIN code if we check back occasionally?

we are working on booking 3 rooms with my PIN code so I think the answer to your question is yes. Our agent also said we can pay for each room with a separate credit card.

What is a PIN and how can I get one?

Needing to book 2 rooms for July 26 and maybe the 25 as well for before our cruise.

Can you still call the reservations line to find out if there is a PIN code attached to your name?

I received a PIN awhile ago, never used it, and am now considering booking a trip for later this year.

The last update to the OP was for 2011, so I wasn't sure...

hiwaygal said:
Can you still call the reservations line to find out if there is a PIN code attached to your name?

I received a PIN awhile ago, never used it, and am now considering booking a trip for later this year.

The last update to the OP was for 2011, so I wasn't sure...

I called to ask about 3 weeks ago - I had none :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter