Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest

Does anyone have some picture of the food that they can post?

I was just thinking that it might be good to have a post with a photo of each dish there. For now, if you go to the post with reviews, I believe Disney Food Blog's review has photos of most if not all the things on the menu.

I'm glad you like the menu. However, I don't want this thread to turn into a debate over chicken nuggets. I just want it to be a resource for people to find information about the restaurant and post questions they may have. So I'm going to respectfully request that this be the last comment on the subject :)

No offense, but this needs to go both ways. One person was encouraged & given resources to complain about the menu & another was admonished for praising it. I don't have an opinion either way, because I no longer have a little one. I just don't feel one persons opinion is more relevant than another.

No offense, but this needs to go both ways. One person was encouraged & given resources to complain about the menu & another was admonished for praising it. I don't have an opinion either way, because I no longer have a little one. I just don't feel one persons opinion is more relevant than another.

I am very sorry if I gave the impression that either of the opinions was more valuable than the other. That's not what I was trying to do. I just saw the potential for it to turn into a debate and possibly get closed, and that's not my intention for this thread. I have my own opinions on that topic but am keeping them to myself for that reason. Suzanne74, the address I posted for complaints is also good for praise and I hope you'll also let Disney know what you think about the menu. Again, I apologize if I gave the wrong idea. I'd just like to keep this thread from getting out of hand :goodvibes

Are you referring to lunch or dinner? I don't have experience with ordering a kids' meal on the DDP but I'll see what I can find.

ETA: Here is what I can gather with my limited knowledge. From looking at the menus, it seems like at both lunch and dinner your child would have the choice of drink, entree, and desserts on the menu. It does not seem to be a situation where you can substitute a dessert for one of the sides; it's included as a separate item. Whatever sides are listed are counted as part of the entree. So for instance, at lunch he or she could get:

-Carved turkey sandwich with sweet potato wedges and peach applesauce
-Chocolate milk
-Strawberry cream cheese cupcake

Or at dinner:

-Grilled steak served with seasonal vegetables
-Apple juice
-Chocolate cream puff

Does that make sense?

Thank you for this information it does make sense.

Does anyone have experience using the kiosks to order kids' meals? Were you given the option to substitute sides? Given the choice, my 4-year-old would choose the Mahi Mahi, but would rather have the sweet potatoes and green beans with it. I know when we ordered from the kiosks at the Contemporary QS, we had tons of options. I'm assuming this is the same?

Does anyone have experience using the kiosks to order kids' meals? Were you given the option to substitute sides? Given the choice, my 4-year-old would choose the Mahi Mahi, but would rather have the sweet potatoes and green beans with it. I know when we ordered from the kiosks at the Contemporary QS, we had tons of options. I'm assuming this is the same?

I haven't ordered kids' meals on the kiosk, but I'm guessing it's not a situation where it asks you if you want to substitute. Hopefully someone who's done it can weigh in. If you have any concerns about doing it, you can ask to place your order with the cashier and make the substitutions that way.

We ate both lunch and dinner at BOG on our trip 3 weeks ago. My DD9 said this was her favorite place we ate at the week we were there . She ordered the kids meatloaf for both meals, however, I don't recall seeing any options for kids desserts with the CS lunch.

At dinner, when it is TS the cupcakes or cream puffs were available as a dessert for kids.

Perhaps someone else has another experience, but I did not see a way to change or amend the options on the kiosk when ordering. I was by myself with DD9, DS4 and DD2, so I was a little frazzled when ordering the CS lunch.

We were on DDP for both meals

Suzanne74 said:
I absolutely LOVE the kid's menu here. Nuggets are everywhere. Enough already. My kids ages 3-11 eat fish, meatloaf, pork, seafood, salads etc.. Nuggets are once in a while in our house and I am sick of them serving it everywhere. BOG is an upscale location and the food reflects that. It isn't like they are offering liver and brussel sprouts. These are common foods most kids would eat if mom was serving it to them.

And if "no nugget" menu means less families waiting in line than even better! :thumbsup2

I agree. I can't believe that families couldn't find something their child would eat on these menus. Way to go Disney for the great menu choices! I wouldn't call these "healthy alternatives" like some are calling them. But rather a normal everyday meal in our house.

I think it's a shame that children these days can't leave the house and eat a decent meal. In fact I'm the mom complaining when the menu is full of crappy unhealthy foods everywhere. (Nuggets. Fries. Hot dogs.) Garbage.

Most times I struggle to find something nutritious for my kids and it's rarely found on the kids menus so we end up ordering a full adult meal for them instead. (Chicken fish etc with dare I say it veggies and not fries lol)

Our family is very much looking forward to this restaurant.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

parkhopping said:
I'm glad you like the menu. However, I don't want this thread to turn into a debate over chicken nuggets. I just want it to be a resource for people to find information about the restaurant and post questions they may have. So I'm going to respectfully request that this be the last comment on the subject :)

Sorry I responded to the thread before I read through the rest of the posts!!

We ate both lunch and dinner at BOG on our trip 3 weeks ago. My DD9 said this was her favorite place we ate at the week we were there . She ordered the kids meatloaf for both meals, however, I don't recall seeing any options for kids desserts with the CS lunch.

At dinner, when it is TS the cupcakes or cream puffs were available as a dessert for kids.

Perhaps someone else has another experience, but I did not see a way to change or amend the options on the kiosk when ordering. I was by myself with DD9, DS4 and DD2, so I was a little frazzled when ordering the CS lunch.

We were on DDP for both meals

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will add this information to the main posts. When I was looking at the kids' menu, I thought maybe they counted the applesauce as the dessert for DDP purposes, but the pork, meatloaf, and macaroni don't include the applesauce or anything sweet. So how are they providing for the dessert entitlement if that's what you order? :confused3

Eliza'sMom (and anyone else wishing to make substitutions to a kids meal), I recommend asking to place your order with the cashier rather than the kiosk. This way you can find out exactly what substitutions are OK and will have them taken care of with no problems.

Thank you Laura for starting this thread! It is really helpful.

You are very welcome! :goodvibes

Sorry I responded to the thread before I read through the rest of the posts!!

That's OK! Thanks for understanding :) I am glad the menu will have good choices for your family! Hope you enjoy your visit!

We ate at Be our Guest once for lunch, the food was wonderful and arrived to us quickly, but waiting outside for about 45 minutes in the sun beforehand kind of lessened my appetite

Added some info to the lunch post about ordering, and added a couple of FAQs. Tomorrow I will work on a post with pictures of the food.

We ate at Be our Guest once for lunch, the food was wonderful and arrived to us quickly, but waiting outside for about 45 minutes in the sun beforehand kind of lessened my appetite

I can see how it would do that! Out of curiosity, what time were you there? The wait has typically not been that long during off-peak dining times.

I have a question please: What time is lunch served from and until and what are the times you can make ADR's for dinner please?

I have a question please: What time is lunch served from and until and what are the times you can make ADR's for dinner please?

Great question! Lunch begins at 10:30 am and the line is cut off sometime between 2:00-2:30 pm each day. As far as I can tell they have not been consistent with the exact time, so I recommend showing up no later than 1:55 to be safe.

Dinner reservations can be made beginning at 4:00 pm, and the final reservation time will be close to the time the park is scheduled to close. Disney's website lists it as ending at 9:30 pm, so I'm guessing that even on nights when the park closes at 11 or later, you still can't get a reservation past 9:30.

I absolutely LOVE the kid's menu here. Nuggets are everywhere. Enough already. My kids ages 3-11 eat fish, meatloaf, pork, seafood, salads etc.. Nuggets are once in a while in our house and I am sick of them serving it everywhere. BOG is an upscale location and the food reflects that. It isn't like they are offering liver and brussel sprouts. These are common foods most kids would eat if mom was serving it to them.

And if "no nugget" menu means less families waiting in line than even better! :thumbsup2

Well you are a lucky and rare parent but for the rest of us whose kids refuse to eat that stuff and are very very picky, we need to have options too. And what they are offering is not exactly common foods "most" kids would eat.

I cook fresh food every day at home but instead of grilled fish, I use a homemade batter and cook a crispy fish for my son. He is at the age where he likes most things crispy. Doesnt mean I am serving him unhealthy food at home. In fact most kids I know prefer breaded chicken, fish etc.. to grilled or broiled. I serve salmon, tilapia etc.. all the time, just breaded for him. No reason why Disney can't serve fresh chicken and fish options that have whole-wheat breading as a healthy alternatives for little ones with some apple slices or carrots as a side instead of fries. My son would love that. He doesnt even like fries and prefers apples and carrots. But the meat has to be breaded.

Once again, I'm going to respectfully request that we end the conversation about kids' menu preferences. That is not the purpose of this thread and I don't want to see it get closed due to a debate. Thank you for understanding.

We ate dinner at BOG on 3/17/13. Two adults, a disney adult (my son 11) and my daughter 7. We had a 630pm reservation and were seated by 6:40 in the main ballroom, very close to the windows. The atmosphere was great and both my kids were in awe staring at all the details they remembered from the movie.

The food/service was excellent. With our 9 day trip, everyone in my family agreed that the food/service was the best we had out of all our TS meals.

My wife had the porkchop. It was very juicy and tender and tasted great (she let me have some of it)

I had the shrimp and scallops. Very good and the scallops were excellent and cooked to perfection. The bread bowl was very light and flaky, an excellent pastry

My son (age 11)was the other adult meal. He had the steak. They cooked it to perfection (medium) and the garlic butter sauce on it was great. He said it was one of the best steaks he had ever had.

My daughter (age 7)could not make up her mind with all the tasty options on the kids menu ! In the end, she wanted to try the steak and ordered it. It came with green beans and fries. A smaller and thinner version of the adult entree, it was done perfectly as well (medium) She ate the entire thing along with most of her sides. Her fries were a bit too salty, so she did not care for them as much.

Of the 4 desserts, we had two cupcakes and two cream puffs. All were excellent !

Again, I highly recommend it and the options available were all great for both young and old.

216684_10100818909171423_588969243_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter