Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest

LizzieinDisney said:
It shouldn't be a problem :) I haven't eaten at BOG yet, but have ordered off the children's menus at several other table service Disney restaurants and I'm a college graduate :) I've never encountered a CM who has had a problem with an adult ordering a child's meal, especially if that "adult" is really a child. Although, this has always been OOP, not sure how the rules would work on the DDP :) have a great trip!

On the DDP it would be Ok but you would be using an adult credit for a child meal. The restriction is if you have a child credit they MUST order off the kids meal when one is available (not applicable at a buffet, for example).

My wife and I had lunch yesterday at BOG. It took us about 15 minutes from the time we got in line to ordering our food from a Cast Member. We both opted for the Pork, but I did not want the vegetables. The Cast Member indicated they will not allow guests to alter the meals what so ever. I was told because it is a 3k seat restaurant and they need to move the guests in and out as quickly as possible.

So looking it from the guest stand point, it's more important for WDW for efficiencies then the guest experience. The food arrived less then 2 minutes after we sat down which was extremely fast. I also don't care for the carts. The Cast Members are pushing them so fast they are extremely loud and take up a lot of the walkways. This includes the carts to bus and clean the tables.

We had lunch in the West Wing and was shocked to see how many rude guests were standing in front of tables flashing photos while guests were trying to eat their meal. I totally understand guests wish to take photos of their experience, heck I am guest, but have some consideration and either turn off the flash or don't stand in front of someone else's table and flash people while they are trying eat their meal. We had one guests get inches from us that his butt was in my wife's face. Good times.

We will be back in November and have made reservations for dinner, but we will not come back for lunch again. I hope the experience is better then lunch.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wow they got rid of the steak sandwich?! I was looking forward to getting that again on my next trip; it was phenomenal!

My wife and I had lunch yesterday at BOG. It took us about 15 minutes from the time we got in line to ordering our food from a Cast Member. We both opted for the Pork, but I did not want the vegetables. The Cast Member indicated they will not allow guests to alter the meals what so ever. I was told because it is a 3k seat restaurant and they need to move the guests in and out as quickly as possible.

So looking it from the guest stand point, it's more important for WDW for efficiencies then the guest experience. The food arrived less then 2 minutes after we sat down which was extremely fast. I also don't care for the carts. The Cast Members are pushing them so fast they are extremely loud and take up a lot of the walkways. This includes the carts to bus and clean the tables.

We had lunch in the West Wing and was shocked to see how many rude guests were standing in front of tables flashing photos while guests were trying to eat their meal. I totally understand guests wish to take photos of their experience, heck I am guest, but have some consideration and either turn off the flash or don't stand in front of someone else's table and flash people while they are trying eat their meal. We had one guests get inches from us that his butt was in my wife's face. Good times.

We will be back in November and have made reservations for dinner, but we will not come back for lunch again. I hope the experience is better then lunch.

Thanks for the comment on the clueless Butt person! :rotfl: As a life long NYC and suburbs resident, I am still amazed at how many people have no consideration for personal space. Thanks for the visual. LOL!

Has anyone on the DDP been able to order a cupcake or cream puff as an included part of the children's meals? I just called Disney dining and the CM I spoke with did some "research" for about 5 minutes then came back saying yes, the kids were allowed to pick one as a part of their meal. I'm aware this doesn't make it an absolute truth but I was curious since Laura had been told at BoG that it was not included. I just would like to be prepared one way or the other before dining there. Thanks! :)

Great thread - thanks!

I didn't realize you could have a "formal" picture taken with the Beast for purchase. I ordered PhotoPass Plus for my upcoming Sept trip. Will I still have to pay for this photo or is the image included when I order my CD?

Also - to those posters out there who haven't secured an ADR yet, don't give up! I got lucky online last night when I searched for dinner. I was able to snag a 4:10 p.m. dinner ressie on our arrival night.

Thanks again for the info!:)

Great thread - thanks!

I didn't realize you could have a "formal" picture taken with the Beast for purchase. I ordered PhotoPass Plus for my upcoming Sept trip. Will I still have to pay for this photo or is the image included when I order my CD?

Also - to those posters out there who haven't secured an ADR yet, don't give up! I got lucky online last night when I searched for dinner. I was able to snag a 4:10 p.m. dinner ressie on our arrival night.

Thanks again for the info!:)

For the photo, you wait in line and can either have the photographer use your own camera, or use the "photopass" card. It's the same for any photopass picture... they don't offer it printed there or anything.

See my dining review if you are interested... they are very rude to diners when it comes to Beast... they act as if he is a diva celebrity that no one can go near. They were very rude to my family TWICE when it came to us getting within 50 yards of BEast. And the thing was, my daughter was scared of him and didn't want to be near him anyway. :headache:

I know there is not a dress code, we plan on dressing up a little. Do you know if it is different on holidays such as Thanksgiving?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts