• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everest for kid just over height requirement

Annie78

Mouseketeer
My 5 yo was exactly 44" in bare feet this summer, so when we go in November he should be allowed to ride Everest. And he desperately wants to do so - has seen the big drop in person, has watched ride-throughs on YouTube, loved Thunder Mountain at age 4. The only holdup is me feeling a little nervous that the restraint really will adequately hold him! When we rode Thunder Mountain he slid around a bit despite being 42", but there I had the ability to squeeze him against me. I love Everest and will be riding with him, but from what I remember of the seats I won't be able to help hold him.
Please tell me I'm being paranoid and that an average-weight, typical-physical abilities kid who just meets the height requirement will be fine on Everest...

I'm just back from Disney and my daughter just hit the 44" cut off and is of a very slight build. She went on the ride twice, was absolutely fine both times and totally loved it.

Don't worry,

Dora

You're being paranoid. The height requirement is what it is for a reason. If they meet it, they'll be fine.

There is a lot less moving around in the seats in Expedition Everest than there is on BTMRR since it's individual seating. My kids always loved sitting with me on BTMRR when the were younger so they could get the 'air time'.
Also, even though you are sitting in separate seats, you can still easily put your arm around your child on EE just like on BTMRR. :)

Maybe try to observe the ride and the restraints as you get closer to your turn in line and then decide to ride or bail out. Whatever gives you peace.

Last edited:
Our middle child is the tiniest ever. She is 8.5 yrs old and only weighs 46 lbs and is 47 inches tall.

She has been riding Everest for a couple of years now, since she was 44 inches and has been absolutely fine.

He will be fine. The restraint keeps them tight on this ride. My son was just over the height requirement and is pretty skinny. He was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter