Ever run into someone from back home?

Random kid in my class at Pearson Intl on the way to Disney. That was weird.

On our trip in 2004, on our last day, we ran into a family we're friendly with from our synogogue. They were staying in the same hotel and arrived the same day as us, but we had never bumped into them.

When we were there in June, one night we had dinner at 'Ohana. We were exploring the lobby of the Poly until it was times for our ADR's. I heard someone say my 11 yr old DD's name (first and last). I turned around. It was her 3rd grade teacher. What is funnier was that this teacher had moved from our state to another state the summer that my DD completed 3rd grade!

My kids have also seen friends while walking through the parks. It always seems so odd to me. :sunny:

We've run into people from back home multiple times. We've seen neighbors and classmates when we had no idea they were going to be there! It really is a shock to see someone from "the real world" at WDW. Once we were seated right behind a classmate of my DD's at Millionaire. She recognized the back of his head from sitting behind him at school!

Yep, once. When I went with my parents in '93 (after my sophomore year of high school), we ran into my 8th Grade history teacher at the Tiki Room.

Just this past June we met my sister who is also from a far away state. we knew she was going to be going to WDW sometime, didn't now when or where. They had just gotten to Disney and decided to go to MK and as they were walking across the bridge between main st and tomorrowland, we met on the bridge. I was quite surprised when she walked up and said Hello stranger. This was our first time to WDW as a family. Didn't see her again the next 10 days though.

In May ran into fellow contractor in Epcot.

This past April we ran into a gentleman and his wife who had just finished working on a construction project at our business. We were walking at MGM and ran into them. Weird!

We live in very rural north central Kansas (pop. 5500 for the entire county) and we were waiting in line for none other than "It's A Small World" at MK. The guy behind us was wearing a Kansas State University shirt so my DH asked him if they were from KS. They replied yes and told us they live in Clay Center but starts explaining where it is assuming we wouldn't have heard of it. But actually it is another small town just 30 miles south of us. When he told them where we lived, they told us they had relatives that live in our county whom we knew. My DH then replies "Huh, it's a small world!" NOT on purpose. My DS14 just about died!

Yes, us too!

On the way down, someone from church was getting off the plane we were about to get on,

And at MK, a little boy from DS's pre-school saw us on a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter