• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever cruise with a celebrity?

We had the best time on our Sept. 2012 cruise on the Dream. Don "Ducky" Williams and Stacia Martin were on board and we had dinner with them at Palos. That was the best part of that cruise, hands down.:cheer2:

Was on Oasis this past March with Greg Louganis and Christy the ice skater making a commercial for the Olympics.

When we sailed on the Fantasy in June 2012, we sat next to a Soccer player, we would have never known, but many of the servers from around the world kept coming up and introducing themselves. That's when we asked who that was. Apparently He's a big deal, but his name escapes me... We also noticed that the chef came out each night and prepared a special tray of food for them each night. Well on the nights they showed up that is... They only ate in the MDR's three of seven nights. pirate:

disneydork3 said:
John Stamos was on our Dream Double Dip cruise this past June!!

Yummy!!! Love me some Uncle Jessie LOL ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

believinthemagic said:
Just saw that Chris Harrison (host of The Bachelor) was on the Dream over Thanksgiving. It got me wondering... Has anyone else on here had a celebrity on their cruise?

In 2003 we were on the Wonder the same time as Raven Simone. (Disney channels That's so Raven & also Rudy from the Cosby Show). She was in our dining room for dinner a few times. I would never have noticed her if someone hadn't pointed her out.

Anyone else?

Yes we had Larry the cable guy, lea solonga, don ducky Williams, Steven scwartze, and several others on the fantasy maiden voyage. It was awesome to meet them and be able to talk to them.

Quite honestly, we have sailed with several but the one that sticks out is Roy Disney on the EB 2005 PC cruise. My DH and I had such a nice conversation with him and his wife. The way they treated us and made us feel "equal" was something I won't forget. Plus, they let us in on an inside joke, LOL.

Quite honestly, we have sailed with several but the one that sticks out is Roy Disney on the EB 2005 PC cruise. My DH and I had such a nice conversation with him and his wife. The way they treated us and made us feel "equal" was something I won't forget. Plus, they let us in on an inside joke, LOL.

That must of been so awesome.

We had the best time on our Sept. 2012 cruise on the Dream. Don "Ducky" Williams and Stacia Martin were on board and we had dinner with them at Palos. That was the best part of that cruise, hands down.:cheer2:
He was on our Dec., 2007 cruise. I won one of his drawings, which was very exciting because I never win anything! One day at the pool he bumped into me (literally!) and we had a wonderful chat about our preferences in Disney films and why. The best part was that he started the conversation!

Beth

In 2009 on our honeymoon cruise, Samantha Brown was filming a Travel Channel on the Carnival Freedom. We got to briefly meet her and made several scenes in the episode!

We had the lady who played Juliet on Lost on our Alaskan cruise back in May, 2011. I saw her and her family several times, though I couldn't figure out why she looked familiar, since I didn't watch the show. She was really pretty in person though.

We were on the Easter 2012 sailing of the Dream, eating breakfast in Cabana's and getting ready to disembark for Castaway Cay, when my husband said "Isn't that Marlee Matlin???". I turned to look and there she was sitting with her husband and kids, eating breakfast, wearing her swim coverup and baseball hat! I thought about asking for a picture but didn't want to bother her and her family. :wave2:

Marlee Matlin was also the narrator at Epcot for the Christmas story in 2008, which was our daughter's first trip. I think we must be connected some way!

Years ago, Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown had been on a cruise shortly before ours with their daughter. I believe it was on the Magic.

We had Joey Fatone on our DVC Member Cruise in 2011, he did a presentation on stage and enjoyed the cruise, too. There are often various celebrities on the DVC cruises.

We were on our valentines cruise and saw Kendra and her family from the show Kendra On Top. I want to say her husband use to play in the NFL

We were on the Magic with Richard Karn (Al Borland from Home Improvement) He was very cordial signing autographs for some but for the most part people let him and his family enjoy their cruise.

Back in 2000 Richard Simmons was on our Carnival Cruise, with one of his "Cruise to Lose" groups. We had heard he was on board, and walked by him on the gangway while we were disembarking and he was returning to the ship in St. Thomas.

We met Bob Iger, John Lasseter, and Karl Holz on our Fantasy cruise. Also the German shipbuilder Bernard Meyer.

we just missed one of the sailings Slash (GNR band) took his kiddies upon...reports here he's the nicest polite man:thumbsup2

John Lasseter and Jay Ward were on our Pixar Cruise in September. Lasseter and his wife walked past us during the lifeboat drill. We saw Ward and his kids a couple times in the elevators. And of course we went to their presentations.

John Stamos was on Live with Kelly just after his cruise. He couldn't stop talking about what a great time he had....so maybe he'll be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter