Ever cruise with a celebrity?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by believinthemagic, Nov 26, 2012.

1. 2disneycruzrs

2disneycruzrs DIS Veteran

We were on a 3nt cruise on Wonder when The Suite Life on Deck premiered and the entire cast was on board, and the Sprouse twins were in the suite next to ours so we saw them on the balcony frequently. Didn't know who any of the people were til we were on board. It was neat to watch them show the premiere episode red carpet style and all on the funnel vision.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

There are a few "celeb" spotting cruise threads around...

I know Star Jones was on the Wonder as well as many others not mentioned so far...can't remember all of them.

MJ

4. samily

samily DIS Veteran

He was also on our Dream cruise this past January.

5. jnweinmann

jnweinmann Earning My Ears

That is the kind of person he is. I have never met a nicer man.

6. DL1957

DL1957 DIS Veteran

For Dancing with the stars fans Joey Fatone and his partner Kim Johnson were on the Magic right after they finished the show. Like others Don ducky Williams and Karl Holtz.

7. syrumani

syrumani Earning My Ears

Oh, you are so lucky! I definitely think Carlisle was a better looking vampire than Edward . . . :rolleyes1

8. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

On our June Dream cruise "Murr" from Impractical Jokers (Tru TV-i think) was onboard. Super nice guy. We and many other passengers took photos with him. :)

9. All Things Simba

All Things Simba Can't stop taking photographs!

Yes, we have! And VERY special ones at that! ....

On our August, 2005 Panama Canal cruise we had Roy & Patricia Disney!
    I got to meet them and they let me take their photo.
    It's blurry because I was so excited!
    Wow does Roy look like Walt!!

We also had the President of DCL sailing with us and he even served food at the PC deck party! Tom McAlpin. He is such a great guy!

And ... we had Don "Ducky" Williams on board. I met him in one of the elevators with his friend. I told his friend that I liked his shirt (it was made of fabric with Disney characters on it). The man said that it was Don's work! I had no idea I was meeting the last true hand-drawing Disney artist!
    What a moment!

Later on the cruise, when Ducky was signing drawings for us, I met him again for him to sign a drawing of Pluto for our dog. He loved that I was getting it signed for Hunter and we got our picture together ... I was holding up a photo of our dog too.

We also saw Joey Fatone a lot... he hosted a lot of the evening adult parties ~ what a fun guy!!

What an amazing 1st cruise! :rotfl:
    What can I say.... Only Disney can create such Magic!
    (pun intended... we were on the Disney Magic)

10. BethC1952

BethC1952 DIS Veteran

I just remembered (from reading a previous post) that we had Tom McAlpin on one of our cruises, too. I think it was the Wonder, 2005 Thanksgiving cruise. We were doing a B2B that week, because it was two four-night cruises. We had a nice chat with him.

Beth

11. believinthemagic

believinthemagic Mouseketeer

Oooh! I would love to meet any of the impractical jokers guys! Love that show!!

12. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

And you're going to leave US out of this inside joke?!? pirate:

13. jenerra11

jenerra11 Mouseketeer

O J Simpson was on our Halloween cruise! :mad:

14. True Romance

True Romance DIS Veteran

Tom McAlpin is my Dad! Well,not THAT Tom McAlpin. :rotfl2: Too bad I am part of a different McAlpin line.

15. over50visits

over50visits DIS Veteran

I cruise with a celebrity every single time....my DW.

16. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

I'm sworn to secrecy....;)

17. jlowejd5

jlowejd5 DIS Veteran

We were on one of the Ducky cruises, too. He gave a great talk one day about animation.

This past spring, our last day at Aulani was the day that Live with Kelly Ripa was building their sets and shooting their promos for their week of shows. I was in the background of one of her promos, but that was about it. We kinda stayed away from the madness.

18. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

They actually only joined the cruise in Aruba, and some how despite being under 18 got into the private room in palo

19. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

On the 2007 WB Transatlantic Susan Egan the original Belle from the Broadway show as well as voicing Meg in Hercules performed and spent the entire time on the cruise.

20. FAIREST1OFALL

FAIREST1OFALL DVC Member, DL and WDW AP, DCL newbie

I love reading celebrity threads. I don't know why, I honestly wouldn't notice any of them if they were sitting right next to me. We frequent DL twice a month and I've had to have people point celebs out to me many times. I guess I just get into my own little world when I'm at Disney.

21. Anngel26

Anngel26 Living the Dream, Loving the Mouse

In 2011 we sailed the Mediterranean on the Magic with Jeanie Garth and her then husband Peter Facanelli (sp.) along with their children. They were very down to earth people that seemed to just want to have fun. Dr. Cullen even posed for pictures.