ESPN Zone on Gameday?

I know this is an older thread, but it's been quite helpful. We'll be down in Disney for the Ravens/Steelers Thursday night game on October 1st. As a Ravens fan, I will not miss that. I've been waffling between ESPN and Splitsville, but I think we are going to go with ESPN. We won't be doing the VIP section, but since it's a Thursday night game, I'm thinking it won't be too much of a problem getting a table. We'll just be sure to get there early enough.

. . . since it's a Thursday night game, I'm thinking it won't be too much of a problem getting a table. We'll just be sure to get there early enough.

1) You might want to reconsider.
2) Even Thursdays for big games is crowded.
3) As you mentioned, get there REALLY early.

We used the VIP option during a Monday night game last season. Well worth the cost. Seats and service were great. And yes, we did spend all our allotment on drinks and food :crazy2: I too recommend you go for the VIP service. If not, you should go at least two hours before the game to stand in line.

One thing I forgot to mention...they are now charging $55 per head instead of $50. I wonder if that is because it is Monday Night Football.

Old thread I know .... Still, I saw this went up to $70 per person last weekend. I could have been mistaken though I swear I saw the VIP Seating sign out front stating it was $70 now. I will double check over the weekend just to make sure.

Also .... This is no longer the ONLY place to have the NFL Sunday Ticket on property. Splitsville in DTD also has it as well.

I like ESPN club and frequent there a lot, but for games while I am there, I take a cab to the Crossroads across from Hotel blvd. While not technically on Dis property, it is right across the street and there is a Buffalo Wild Wings there. Both times I went to watch a basketball game and did so with no crowd.

I know this is an older thread, but it's been quite helpful. We'll be down in Disney for the Ravens/Steelers Thursday night game on October 1st. As a Ravens fan, I will not miss that. I've been waffling between ESPN and Splitsville, but I think we are going to go with ESPN. We won't be doing the VIP section, but since it's a Thursday night game, I'm thinking it won't be too much of a problem getting a table. We'll just be sure to get there early enough.

Honestly, with as early as you'd need to get there to secure a good table, you'd probably end up spending the same amount of money as you would doing the VIP reservation -- and you wouldn't have to sit at ESPN Club for 6+ hours. I'd probably just do the VIP.

Old thread I know .... Still, I saw this went up to $70 per person last weekend. I could have been mistaken though I swear I saw the VIP Seating sign out front stating it was $70 now. I will double check over the weekend just to make sure.

Also .... This is no longer the ONLY place to have the NFL Sunday Ticket on property. Splitsville in DTD also has it as well.

Yikes! Quite the price increase. We did the VIP table when it was $50 per person, and as just two adults, we were short by about $20 and just got upcharged the difference. It would be quite the hit to get upcharged an additional $60 but some might be willing to pay that price for the convenience of it. I suspect the price hike is due to the increasing popularity of the VIP section, and also the section is relatively small which means it's probably booking up faster.

Honestly, with as early as you'd need to get there to secure a good table, you'd probably end up spending the same amount of money as you would doing the VIP reservation -- and you wouldn't have to sit at ESPN Club for 6+ hours. I'd probably just do the VIP.

Yikes! Quite the price increase. We did the VIP table when it was $50 per person, and as just two adults, we were short by about $20 and just got upcharged the difference. It would be quite the hit to get upcharged an additional $60 but some might be willing to pay that price for the convenience of it. I suspect the price hike is due to the increasing popularity of the VIP section, and also the section is relatively small which means it's probably booking up faster.

I watched the Black Hawks game night before last at my local Bdubs and my beer and buffalito's bill came to $83 not counting tip. pirate: ARggggggh. even used a free snack pack coupon....they are pretty proud of their beer though!

Unfortunately, we won't have a car, so we'd have to take a taxi to Bdubs. There and back to CBR could be quite pricey, according to Taxifare Finder. If ESPN is such a bad option, I'll either try Splitsville or get a pizza and watch in my room. That's not optimal, since I like the social setting, but I'm not forking over VIP money to guarantee a table. It's three of us and one of us doesn't drink, so we definitely wouldn't spend that much.

Unfortunately, we won't have a car, so we'd have to take a taxi to Bdubs. There and back to CBR could be quite pricey, according to Taxifare Finder. If ESPN is such a bad option, I'll either try Splitsville or get a pizza and watch in my room. That's not optimal, since I like the social setting, but I'm not forking over VIP money to guarantee a table. It's three of us and one of us doesn't drink, so we definitely wouldn't spend that much.
The lounge in CBR should have it on. We have watched Sunday & Monday Night Games at the lounges at POFQ &POR.

It's three of us and one of us doesn't drink, so we definitely wouldn't spend that much.

This was our problem - I don't drink and DH does. He ordered a pitcher for himself but with me drinking sodas (with free refills), we were about $20 shy of the minimum which was $50pp at the time. I was willing to pay the extra $20 for the convenience, but I'd probably not bother with the new price hike.

We did catch some college football in the lounge at POR, which was a good setting. Yeehaw Bob does take up the lounge on some nights though, so that would be a concern. Anyone know if the Boathouse has TVs? They have three bars.

We'll be there too but 2 diehard Steeler fans.
We moved our trip to see the game at ESPN. Lol
We originally were going to WDW the third week of October

I was debating what to do about standing in line VS VIP.
We've watched other games there prior to this but its been a few years.
Im sure we'll spend $100 just DH and I, so thats not the issue but we like sitting in the bar section.

Just made a reservation for the 1:00 pm game time on 11/29 and the cost is $60.00 for each adult (sorry, I did not ask if the pricing was different for children). Since I did not find prices on the website, I wonder if it varies by date and/or time.

We booked this on our last trip and had trouble meeting the minimum.....rather than simply paying the up charge, we invited some other patrons to order on our acct.

I wasn't aware that CBR had a lounge. It's not advertised anywhere that I can see.

We just stayed at CBR and the only bar area was an outdoor one by the pool. It was adjacent to the pool but not within the confines of the pool area so it was open after the pool closed. It did have one TV that would likely show a primetime game. I'm sure they would flip it to that if you asked, if it wasn't on already. However, this bar does close in the event of inclement weather so if it's cold or rainy, it will be closed.

We'll be there in November. Anyone have newer info on adult AND kid prices??

Any insights for how busy the Sunday Night game between the Packers and Broncos, Nov 1st., will be? Also any transportation advise for going back to POP after the game?

Any insights for how busy the Sunday Night game between the Packers and Broncos, Nov 1st., will be? Also any transportation advise for going back to POP after the game?

Not sure how busy prime time games get, since they can be watched from any TV on property. Another thing that bodes well for you is that it's not an East coast/Southern team playing. We saw tons of Eagles, Dolphins, Bucs fans, etc. whenever we have gone. As far as getting to Pop after the game, you could bus to DTD and transfer to a Pop bus. If MK is still open, you could bus to MK and take a Pop bus. Or you could take an Uber or taxi.

What about the World Series? Sorry I know its a football themed thread but I am a long suffering Mets fan and will be in WDW during the World Series and not to jinx my boys just trying to plan ahead as to where to watch the game. Any thoughts?

EDIT Just got my answer only NFL and NCAAF can be reserved

Last edited:
What about the World Series? Sorry I know its a football themed thread but I am a long suffering Mets fan and will be in WDW during the World Series and not to jinx my boys just trying to plan ahead as to where to watch the game. Any thoughts?

EDIT Just got my answer only NFL and NCAAF can be reserved

I am another Mets fan who will also be there next week and crossing my fingers it's the Mets we're watching!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter