ESPN Zone on Gameday?

Bolt4Life17

Mouseketeer
EDIT: ESPN CLUB. Not Zone. Zone is here in California.

Does anyone have any experience with the ESPN Zone on NFL Sundays on the Boardwalk?

I have read you can reserve a table but it is $50 minimum per person. Does anyone have experience with just coming as a walk in maybe an hour before the start of the games? (1PM eastern time, 10am Pacific time.) Can you get a seat and are there enough TVs so your game has to be on?

Google search isn't giving me anything recent. Most forum posts from google searches are from 2011-2012 for whatever reason. I read they renovated recently.

:cheer2:

Thanks!

We've done both.

Back in September 2012, we got there around 12pm and got one of the last high top tables in the bar area. All of the TVs in the bar area are labeled with which game is being show on each TV, so you can strategically pick your seat. We got lucky and the last table left happened to be near a TV showing our game. I've heard that there is usually a line when they open at 11:30am, so in the future, I would get there shortly before opening. The bar area got to be a madhouse around 3pm with people showing up trying to get in for the 4pm games. We were a party of 2 sitting at a 4 top table, and another couple who came in late asked if they could sit at our table - that's how crazy it was. We obliged because we left after the 1pm game.

As for the VIP experience, we did that in November of last year. It's a $50 food & beverage minimum per person, so $100 for us. We were seated in the dining room area in a special elevated platform that was a big wall of bench style seating with round tables. This allowed everyone to sit side by side on the bench facing the big screen TV. The tables were small and we were squished next to the party beside us, so it was a little awkward. In addition to the big screen there were about 10-15 other TVs around the dining room showing various games, and our server made sure the TVs closest to us were tuned into the games we cared most about. We had a dedicated server in our area who was quick and efficient. It was also nice to waltz in at 1pm and be seated immediately, and not have to kill 5+ hours there by showing up early. Surprisingly, we only spent about $80 between the two of us even after ordering apps, entrees, pitchers of beer, desserts, and a milkshake. They upcharged us the remaining $20 to meet the min. If you go this route, you can call ESPN Club directly the Monday before the Sunday you to go. They will take a credit card to hold your reservation.

Our last trip in 2011 we went there for the 4pm game. We had never been there before but we knew there would be a wait. When we got there around 2:15 or so there were probably 200 people standing outside. We put our name on the list and hung out on the boardwalk. Not the easiest thing to do since we had to entertain DS who was 3 at the time but we got in just after the start of the 4pm game and it was fine. We are planning on going there again for our Sunday game while we are there in November. We are playing a 1:00 game that week so I am hoping that it will be a little easier to get in. We thought it was a blast. We really enjoyed finding other fans from our area.

We've done both.

Back in September 2012, we got there around 12pm and got one of the last high top tables in the bar area. All of the TVs in the bar area are labeled with which game is being show on each TV, so you can strategically pick your seat. We got lucky and the last table left happened to be near a TV showing our game. I've heard that there is usually a line when they open at 11:30am, so in the future, I would get there shortly before opening. The bar area got to be a madhouse around 3pm with people showing up trying to get in for the 4pm games. We were a party of 2 sitting at a 4 top table, and another couple who came in late asked if they could sit at our table - that's how crazy it was. We obliged because we left after the 1pm game.

As for the VIP experience, we did that in November of last year. It's a $50 food & beverage minimum per person, so $100 for us. We were seated in the dining room area in a special elevated platform that was a big wall of bench style seating with round tables. This allowed everyone to sit side by side on the bench facing the big screen TV. The tables were small and we were squished next to the party beside us, so it was a little awkward. In addition to the big screen there were about 10-15 other TVs around the dining room showing various games, and our server made sure the TVs closest to us were tuned into the games we cared most about. We had a dedicated server in our area who was quick and efficient. It was also nice to waltz in at 1pm and be seated immediately, and not have to kill 5+ hours there by showing up early. Surprisingly, we only spent about $80 between the two of us even after ordering apps, entrees, pitchers of beer, desserts, and a milkshake. They upcharged us the remaining $20 to meet the min. If you go this route, you can call ESPN Club directly the Monday before the Sunday you to go. They will take a credit card to hold your reservation.

I hope it wasn't for the Bills :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks for the replies guys. The second post was especially helpful. With the VIP seating they advertise that you get your own TV. So it's a bunch of TVs but they make sure your game is on the TV near you?

I read when you call to reserve a spot they ask you what game ahead of time and will make sure you get to see it. We want to go there for the Chargers @ Bills game. There are 8 other 1PM games that day.

Thanks for the replies.

. . . We were a party of 2 sitting at a 4 top table, and another couple who came in late asked if they could sit at our table - that's how crazy it was . . .

1) We do this all the time at our two restaurants.
2) Eateries/bars make money by selling seats.
3) There is not exclusive rights to a table, just your seat.
4) IN fact, several WDW eateries do the same thing in seating tables.

We are hoping to try this for a Sunday night game. Maybe it will not be so bad since it is only the 1 game.

Question is, do they let you stay at your table after you are all done eating? I dont want to get there, eat and still be in the 1st qtr or something and then have them make us leave.

We are hoping to try this for a Sunday night game. Maybe it will not be so bad since it is only the 1 game. Question is, do they let you stay at your table after you are all done eating? I dont want to get there, eat and still be in the 1st qtr or something and then have them make us leave.

Since it's just preseason you should be fine. It's regular season that gets crazy.

They will let you stay the whole game. We typically order apps slowly throughout the game vice a meal just so I don't feel like I'm ripping the server off.

I hope it wasn't for the Bills :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Let's go Buffalo.

Planning-on going to ESPN to watch them on our November trip. Four days later we will watch them live on Miami.

Where else do they have the games broadcast at?

ESPN club is very accommodating. If it's a huge game, get there early. My boys and I had a blast watching MSU kill U of M in a football game a few years ago. I'd do that again.

I'll likely be at a vip table for the seahawks game on nov 2. With 5 adults and one child, we might be buying pitchers for neighbors to meet the minimum spend.

Thanks for the replies guys. The second post was especially helpful. With the VIP seating they advertise that you get your own TV. So it's a bunch of TVs but they make sure your game is on the TV near you?

I read when you call to reserve a spot they ask you what game ahead of time and will make sure you get to see it. We want to go there for the Chargers @ Bills game. There are 8 other 1PM games that day.

Thanks for the replies.

The VIP section is meant for optimal viewing of the big screen in the dining room. They don't take reservations until one week out because that's when they know which game will be on the big screen. If your game is NOT the one on the big screen, they will likely warn you of this, but we decided to go anyway. There were several smaller screens facing the VIP section, and our server was able to get our game on a couple of these. However, the big screen is the one with sound. We did NOT have sound on our game on the smaller TVs. I don't think they will explicitly guarantee that you will get your game on one of these smaller TVs, but our server made sure of it so I think they really do try to accommodate you. Plus the VIP section was about 1/4-1/2 empty when we were there so it wasn't a big deal.

The few times we have been there, Pittsburgh, New York, Patriots and local teams like the Dolphins, Bucs, etc have the biggest draw so those games have been on the main screens. Bills/Chargers might not have a huge following.

1) We do this all the time at our two restaurants.
2) Eateries/bars make money by selling seats.
3) There is not exclusive rights to a table, just your seat.
4) IN fact, several WDW eateries do the same thing in seating tables.

It's not communal tables at ESPN Club. So, what you are saying here seems weird. The only reason it happened to us was because we were on our way out and had the room in a very overcrowded restaurant. I've NEVER had that happen to me anywhere else - in WDW or another city. Most places, servers get tables - not seats :confused3

Let's go Buffalo.

Planning-on going to ESPN to watch them on our November trip. Four days later we will watch them live on Miami.

We found it difficult to find the Bills game anywhere else due to regional broadcasts. So unless they are playing a local team or its a Thursday night/Sunday night/Monday night game, it might be tough. Some of the lounges at the resorts show games but it would have to be locally broadcasted ones. To my knowledge, ESPN Club is the only place on property with the NFL ticket that's capable of showing all the games.

What number do you call to make the VIP reservation?

Just the regular number for ESPN Club - (407) 939-1177. I'd ask for a manager because they will need to take your credit card number to hold it.

The VIP section is meant for optimal viewing of the big screen in the dining room. They don't take reservations until one week out because that's when they know which game will be on the big screen. If your game is NOT the one on the big screen, they will likely warn you of this, but we decided to go anyway. There were several smaller screens facing the VIP section, and our server was able to get our game on a couple of these. However, the big screen is the one with sound. We did NOT have sound on our game on the smaller TVs. I don't think they will explicitly guarantee that you will get your game on one of these smaller TVs, but our server made sure of it so I think they really do try to accommodate you. Plus the VIP section was about 1/4-1/2 empty when we were there so it wasn't a big deal.

The few times we have been there, Pittsburgh, New York, Patriots and local teams like the Dolphins, Bucs, etc have the biggest draw so those games have been on the main screens. Bills/Chargers might not have a huge following.

It's not communal tables at ESPN Club. So, what you are saying here seems weird. The only reason it happened to us was because we were on our way out and had the room in a very overcrowded restaurant. I've NEVER had that happen to me anywhere else - in WDW or another city. Most places, servers get tables - not seats :confused3

We found it difficult to find the Bills game anywhere else due to regional broadcasts. So unless they are playing a local team or its a Thursday night/Sunday night/Monday night game, it might be tough. Some of the lounges at the resorts show games but it would have to be locally broadcasted ones. To my knowledge, ESPN Club is the only place on property with the NFL ticket that's capable of showing all the games.

Just the regular number for ESPN Club - (407) 939-1177. I'd ask for a manager because they will need to take your credit card number to hold it.

The Bills okay the Chiefs the Sunday we are there. They play the Dolphins four days later in Miami. Will have to talk to DH more about this.

Let's go Buffalo.

Sammy Watkins baby

Please make sure t tip the waiter or waitress triple the amount you normally would. you are taking up a table for 3 hours where many other people could have come and gone in that time.

This doesnt go to anyone particular just as some information

I'll likely be at a vip table for the seahawks game on nov 2. With 5 adults and one child, we might be buying pitchers for neighbors to meet the minimum spend.

We're planning to do the VIP section for the Dec 14th Seahawks vs. 49ers game with 2 adults and three kids. We already told the kids they could order as many milkshakes as they could drink!

This will be DH's Christmas gift so it will be worth it. He even called already to ask how it works and they told him our game would probably be on the big screen but to double check when we call to book it. They also told him to call about a month out from our game to see about booking, so I don't know if the one week rule for booking the VIP section has changed or not. Regardless, we'll call in mid-November to check.

We're planning to do the VIP section for the Dec 14th Seahawks vs. 49ers game with 2 adults and three kids. We already told the kids they could order as many milkshakes as they could drink!

This will be DH's Christmas gift so it will be worth it. He even called already to ask how it works and they told him our game would probably be on the big screen but to double check when we call to book it. They also told him to call about a month out from our game to see about booking, so I don't know if the one week rule for booking the VIP section has changed or not. Regardless, we'll call in mid-November to check.

I'm surprised they said would "probably" be on the big screen. If a popular East coast team or a Florida team is playing during the same time slot, I would suspect that game will get the big screen. In our experience, Patriots fans, Steelers fans, Giants fans, and local Florida team fans have the biggest draws and thus get put on the big screen.

It's possible things have changed since last year and they'll let you book a month out. The reason they told me it has to be the week out is because that's when they make the schedule for which games will be shown on each TV, so that's when they know for certain which game will be on the big screen. I think they determine this a week out based on who's doing well, how much of a draw they get in house from different fan bases week to week, etc. I'd imagine few would book not knowing who would be on the big screen, since it wouldn't be worth the money to most people if it wasn't their game.

I'm surprised they said would "probably" be on the big screen. If a popular East coast team or a Florida team is playing during the same time slot, I would suspect that game will get the big screen. In our experience, Patriots fans, Steelers fans, Giants fans, and local Florida team fans have the biggest draws and thus get put on the big screen.

It's possible things have changed since last year and they'll let you book a month out. The reason they told me it has to be the week out is because that's when they make the schedule for which games will be shown on each TV, so that's when they know for certain which game will be on the big screen. I think they determine this a week out based on who's doing well, how much of a draw they get in house from different fan bases week to week, etc. I'd imagine few would book not knowing who would be on the big screen, since it wouldn't be worth the money to most people if it wasn't their game.

I'm just relaying what DH was told when he called there. I'm sure the answer could be different depending on who answers the phone. There are only two other 4:00 pm games that day (Jets/Titans and Broncos/Chargers) so we'll see. Considering the Seattle vs. San Fran rivalry is one of the biggest in the game these days I think we have a decent shot of seeing it on the big screen. Plus, the 12th man is every where. :cheer2: Go Hawks! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter