Escaping Snowy New England for Freezing Florida Feb 2015 Final Hours 11/17 p. 23

Cool effect!

The fire-breathing dragon really is cool. I just wish that it had been working more during our trip. We will see if she is less finicky in warmer weather.

Finally! A sushi place I might actually want to visit!

:thumbsup2

Ok... but you're leaving out the most important detail. How are the burgers there???? :rolleyes1

The burger was tasty. Small, which is good because we had so much else to eat. I don't know that I would describe this slider as "out of this world" but some of their burger options sound really interesting. Nate says when we go back, he is just going to get a burger.

::yes::

We interrupt this trip report for a Sharknado report!!!

Have you seen Sharknado 3- Oh, Hell No!

I haven't watched it yet (or even 1 or 2), but they were actually filming this at Universal during our trip. Part of the movie takes place at US and the C.E.O. of the company has a cameo as a park employee. They were looking for extras for the filming while we were there (they called it project X or something, not Sharknado), but we are not the type of family who does that sort of thing.

Too bad. But here are a couple of pictures to show what might have been...

P1150837.jpg P1150839.jpg P1150840.jpg

Here's an article Three Reasons Universal fans MUST watch Sharknado3

and this is the site I was looking for- 7 GIFs from SN3:OHN

Back to our regularly scheduled, but slow-moving, programming!

:fish:

Attachments

• P1150838.jpg
    P1150838.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
After our incredible lunch at Cowfish, we waddled back here:

DSCF5737.JPG

Instead of going left in the park as we usually do (toward Mummy/Diagon Alley), we stayed to the right and entered into Hollywood.

DSCF5738.JPG

DSCF5739.JPG

DSCF5740.JPG
Normally that would make me hungry, but we were STUFFED!

Look what’s coming- a parade!

DSCF5741.JPG

DSCF5743.JPG

DSCF5742.JPG

OK, move along. Parade's over!

DSCF5744.JPG

Want to ride ET?

The boys actually said yes. I took exactly one picture:

DSCF5745.JPG

I don’t know what this is or what this means, but it was on the wall somewhere near the waiting area.

For some reason this cracked us up to no end.

As is our tradition on E.T. we all gave fake names but the only one I can remember is “Benito Mussolini”

What can I say? Ben has an obsession with dictators. Don’t judge!

The Team Member giving out the name cards actually smiled when he said that.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Continued from Previous Post

We entered into Springfield, which was pretty crowded.

DSCF5747.JPG

Still no!

DSCF5746.JPG

We did go on the Simpsons ride.

This one is growing on me. As long as I have taken Bonine for the day!

Although we were not hungry, we decided we would take a break and visit Moe’s tavern for a couple of drinks.

Moe's.JPG
Moe's Picture from 2013- I guess I don't have a great exterior shot from this trip!

Here is the menu of some of the novelty drinks they offer. The signature drink is the Flaming Moe, but we opted for a Groovy Grove Juice and Two Duff Energy Drinks.

DSCF5765.JPG

I think we actually had to leave the bar and get the energy drinks outside at a kiosk.

The theming of Moe’s is pretty good. I was glad that we were able to get a table.

DSCF5764.JPG DSCF5767.JPG

DSCF5766.JPG
DSCF5770.JPG

How long were we in there???

DSCF5774.JPG

DSCF5771.JPG

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

Continued from Previous Post

Then it looks like we walked across the park for Rip Ride Rocket. Again, I tried to program one of the secret musical tracks, but I failed. For some reason we weren’t able to get the ride photo- I don’t remember if I bagged because the line was too long or if there was a technical issue.

Even with those issues, it was a good thing we rode. RRR was down for the rest of our trip. While we were riding Mummy the next day we overheard some Team Members who worked on the ride say that it was going to be closed because it was too cold.

We followed that up with Men in Black

DSCF5753.JPG

DSCF5754.JPG

DSCF5756.JPG

MIB Wed 2.jpg

We popped into Diagon Alley for some quick window shopping.

DSCF5757.JPG

This is some sort of Money Exchange. I didn't go in. The boys did, but they had trouble explaining what this was all about.

DSCF5760.JPG

When your old Firebolt has too many miles (kilometers) on it.

We wanted to end our evening with some more Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure, but the Hogwarts Express was either down or the line was too line so we had to use a Muggle method to get there- we walked.

Next Up: Castle Tour for Four and Frozen Margaritaville

Last edited:
Too funny! Is he still obsessed with plumbing and bathrooms or is that interest starting to drain?

Our previous trips to US/IoA have been in July (2) and Feb, so I'll be interested to see what August is like. Looking forward to the new Raptor Encounter in Jurassic Park and River Adventure since it was closed when we were there last.

:goodvibes
He is still interested and chatty, but we can pass a bathroom successfully (most of the time)..draining interest :)
We interrupt this trip report for a Sharknado report!!!

The only thing I liked about it was all the Universal Orlando coverage, I have to check out the article. I can't wait to get there!! Half of the family does Jurassic, and the Raptor experience looks really cool, however it'll depend on the wait time whether we chance it :)

Great update Dee! That meal at Cowfish/Burgushi looked great! Too bad you couldn't order a butterbeer with the meal. That would've made it perfect!! I've got to find someway to get back to Harry Potterville on one of our trips.

That is a pretty cool restaurant. I have to admit that the idea of eating sushi and a burger in the same bento box is pretty ingenious. But those desserts really look amazing. What a fun lunch. I am definitely going to have to check out that place. Lunch sounds like the way to go. Do they take reservations?

He is still interested and chatty, but we can pass a bathroom successfully (most of the time)..draining interest :)

That must be a relief. ;)

And just for you, my favorite potty comic

throne.gif

The only thing I liked about it was all the Universal Orlando coverage, I have to check out the article. I can't wait to get there!! Half of the family does Jurassic, and the Raptor experience looks really cool, however it'll depend on the wait time whether we chance it :)

I think we will all try to watch SN3:OHN sometime before our trip. There was another article I saw on FB with video clips from the movie but I couldn't find that when I was searching.

I am stoked about the Raptor experience (have you seen that at US Hollywood, the raptor WALKS). I am hoping the wait is not too long.

:crowded:

Great update Dee! That meal at Cowfish/Burgushi looked great! Too bad you couldn't order a butterbeer with the meal. That would've made it perfect!! I've got to find someway to get back to Harry Potterville on one of our trips.

Interesting point, but butterbeer is so filling that it really would have been overkill with this meal. Ditto on the milkshakes they offer.

There is a lot to love on the Dark Side

:wizard:

That is a pretty cool restaurant. I have to admit that the idea of eating sushi and a burger in the same bento box is pretty ingenious. But those desserts really look amazing. What a fun lunch. I am definitely going to have to check out that place. Lunch sounds like the way to go. Do they take reservations?

The deconstructed crab Rangoon was just amazing, but by the time our incredible lunch came, I was already starting to feel full.

I know that you would LOVE this restaurant. But no, they don't take reservations :( We had stopped by earlier in the week to check. That's why we went for lunch, we didn't want to wait. I think it is the same menu though- not sure you get lunch prices.

:cool2:

I have a mission for you...

Do they have the grapefruit beer all the time or just during the festivals? I have been OBSESSED with this since your review and when I go out to restaurants that have a large beer list, I always ask, but so far I have been striking out.

I would love to sample one on my upcoming trip if it is available.

:drinking1

According to a menu search, you can find Schofferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen beer in WDW at:

Germany Hovel Stand (Epcot)
Sommerfest (Epcot)
Germany Bier Stand (Epcot)
Biergarten (Epcot)
Le Cellier (Epcot)
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop (BC)
Captain's Grille (BC)
Beaches Pool Bar and Grill (GF)
Picabu (Dolphin)

Polar Pub (BB) has a grapefruit margarita.

Nothing came up from search at Universal.

According to a menu search, you can find Schofferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen beer in WDW at:

Germany Hovel Stand (Epcot)
Sommerfest (Epcot)
Germany Bier Stand (Epcot)
Biergarten (Epcot)
Le Cellier (Epcot)
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop (BC)
Captain's Grille (BC)
Beaches Pool Bar and Grill (GF)
Picabu (Dolphin)

Polar Pub (BB) has a grapefruit margarita.

Nothing came up from search at Universal.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

:worship:

We have a meal scheduled at Captain's Grille so I know what I am drinking!

This trip is going to be such a bad influence on me...

I really don't drink much, on vacation or otherwise, but I know in our 2 day trip I will be sampling a couple of Sunken Treasures (to compare frozen/unfrozen), a grapefruit beer, perhaps a spiked Dole Whip and we have an outing planned to a bar to watch Wishes. Well, at least I won't be driving anywhere or have any kiddos to watch!

:banana::banana::banana:

Fun updates, Dee. Wow...Springfield does look crowded. I love that you all give different names than your own on ET.

Those crab rangoons are making me drool right now.

I haven't watched it yet (or even 1 or 2), but they were actually filming this at Universal during our trip. Part of the movie takes place at US and the C.E.O. of the company has a cameo as a park employee.
I haven't seen any of them. But the previews I saw just looked so unbelievably horrible that I just can't... :rotfl2:

Cool! I'm glad to see that is still there. I figured it went by the wayside with the attraction.

OK, move along. Parade's over!
That was quick.

As is our tradition on E.T. we all gave fake names but the only one I can remember is “Benito Mussolini”

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Even with those issues, it was a good thing we rode. RRR was down for the rest of our trip
Wow. I'm glad you got a ride in while you could!

While we were riding Mummy the next day we overheard some Team Members who worked on the ride say that it was going to be closed because it was too cold.
Really??? I mean, I don't get that. It might be miserable to ride it in the cold, but I'm pretty sure I could handle a minute or 2 going fast in the cold and survive.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

:worship:

We have a meal scheduled at Captain's Grille so I know what I am drinking!

This trip is going to be such a bad influence on me...

I really don't drink much, on vacation or otherwise, but I know in our 2 day trip I will be sampling a couple of Sunken Treasures (to compare frozen/unfrozen), a grapefruit beer, perhaps a spiked Dole Whip and we have an outing planned to a bar to watch Wishes. Well, at least I won't be driving anywhere or have any kiddos to watch!

:banana::banana::banana:

This trip will be the perfect opportunity. Just pace yourself and enjoy!

I have all of those in your list plus more to imbibe.

Great update Dee! I have no clue what that button means but it made me laugh a little too. Weird things like that have a tendency to make me giggle anyway.

I priced out a two day stay at Universal for our 2016 trip (taking two days off the first part of our Disney trip) and it would add almost $400 to the trip. Your pictures are making me really think about it.

If the pictures are any indication, I think you could have been great as extras in Sharknado!
Not that I saw the movie, but I know what it's generally about.

The boys actually said yes. I took exactly one picture:

dscf5745-jpg.112669

I don’t know what this is or what this means, but it was on the wall somewhere near the waiting area.

From the red, I'm guessing it's fire-related? But that's just a guess.

Well that's totally normal ...

We wanted to end our evening with some more Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure, but the Hogwarts Express was either down or the line was too line so we had to use a Muggle method to get there- we walked.

I think Mr. Weasley would approve of your use of muggle methods ... or at least be very fascinated.

Great update!

Fun updates, Dee. Wow...Springfield does look crowded. I love that you all give different names than your own on ET.

Those crab rangoons are making me drool right now.

I appreciate you continuing to follow along here!

The crab rangoons were AWESOME!!! We will have those again!

I haven't seen any of them. But the previews I saw just looked so unbelievably horrible that I just can't... :rotfl2:

We put on a little bit of one of the movies last week. So funny!!!

I think I will like the Universal parts.

:rotfl2:

Cool! I'm glad to see that is still there. I figured it went by the wayside with the attraction.

Yes, the shark on a hook is still there. It is in the area across from Lombard's Landing, next to the Richter Burger restaurant, I think.

That was quick.

I'm ok with a short parade.

That was an innovative idea for a name to be sure! Like I said, even the Team member laughed.

Wow. I'm glad you got a ride in while you could!

We only had two rides on RRR during the trip. :(

Really??? I mean, I don't get that. It might be miserable to ride it in the cold, but I'm pretty sure I could handle a minute or 2 going fast in the cold and survive.

Same thing happened with Hulk. It didn't open until later in the day, I think due to cold. Made me a bit nervous in fact- safety issue?

:scared1:

This trip will be the perfect opportunity. Just pace yourself and enjoy!

I have all of those in your list plus more to imbibe.

Will do! I'll probably be eating so much that the liquor won't have an impact.

:rotfl:

If the pictures are any indication, I think you could have been great as extras in Sharknado!
Not that I saw the movie, but I know what it's generally about.

Thanks! I think!

Ben actually has quite a bit of theatre experience and although he is currently retired, he is quite good! I have acted with him a couple of times and I definitely can pull off the "campy" performances.

:lmao:

From the red, I'm guessing it's fire-related? But that's just a guess.

I looked it up online and a Shunt Trip is some sort of special circuit breaker. But I don't know why it is out in the open. I tried to google Shunt Trip- E.T. the Extraterrestrial to see if there was a connection but nothing came up.

:confused3

Well that's totally normal ...

Ben has some weird interests.
I think Mr. Weasley would approve of your use of muggle methods ... or at least be very fascinated.

Great update!

That makes me feel better!

:goodvibes

That must be a relief. ;)

And just for you, my favorite potty comic

View attachment 112783

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

I think we will all try to watch SN3:OHN sometime before our trip. There was another article I saw on FB with video clips from the movie but I couldn't find that when I was searching.

I am stoked about the Raptor experience (have you seen that at US Hollywood, the raptor WALKS). I am hoping the wait is not too long.

:crowded:
It's the corniest of the three movies, but so cool seeing all the Universal areas :) Hope the wait isn't too bad for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter