Escape to Neverland - A new Tagliarchy adventure!!

Yesterday I had a special visitor at my store - a fellow DISer, that I haven't seen for awhile. :)
It was so great to see her, and visit for awhile :)
I love getting unexpected visitors:goodvibes

I'm looking forward to tonight - I'm going to a Tupperware party next door.
I really like my neighbors family, so it'll be good to see them.
Plus, the Tupperware guy is a real trip, and he makes the party super fun.
It'll be a good time!!!! :teeth:

I'm off to start the day
Have a good Wednesday everyone!!! :wave:

Sometimes I really wish that we lived near each other. Our girls sound so much like that they would either be BFFs or at each others throats.

I bet they would have a lot of fun together :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

A quick check in from me! :wave:

Had a great birthday at Disneyland last Saturday. Five gals on a road trip...lots of laughs! Had bar-b-que lunch at Big Thunder Ranch...yummy and sat in the Disney family box at the Golden Horseshoe to watch Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. I'll see if I can swipe some pictures from facebook and post them over here. Had perfect weather too! :thumbsup2

Went to a Tupperware party at my neighbors last night, and it was a ton of fun. I booked my first party, so now Tupperware Joe can say he did parties on an entire block (people don't need to know our block is only 3 houses :rolleyes: ) I made the party for after Christmas, so I can use my Christmas money to get the items I want :thumbsup2

ibounce - I'm glad you had a great trip and a great birthday!!! :yay::woohoo::dance3:

Time to get ready for work - have a good day everyone!! :wave:

:wave:

IOU---more trip stories this weekend :rolleyes1

I have been trying to figure out our Christmas trip plans and my contribution to the family party. It is going to be interesting to introduce Jessie to her latest dog cousin. I hope that the rest areas that we usually stop for Jessie to relieve herself are open. Some states are closing them to save money.

MIL might be going to Spain soon after Christmas with her oldest son (they need to use ticket credits soon). MIL/BIL have been invited by a Spanish friend and his family. He was an exchange student that stayed with them when one or 2 of sons were in high school.

I'm hoping that we get some sun soon---our yard is so soggy from the past 3 days of rain.

I'm tired this morning.
I hate mornings where I wake up feeling really tired.:rolleyes:
I think it's because I didn't get my "down time" last night.
Kevin and I had a Centennial meeting last night, and I didn't get home until almost 9pm - so yesterday was a long day!!!!! :faint:

Tonight, Kevin and I are going Christmas shopping, while the girls go to my inlaws.
I found a ipod clock/radio at ToysRUs for $99, and you get instant $20 off, and then a $10 gift card for the store:thumbsup2 This is one of the main gifts Stephanie is getting from Santa. We also got her a hot pink fuzzy cozy chair for her room in the summer too :) So those 2 things are her main gifts, and then I'll get some little things, and then Santa is done for her :santa:

You want to read something kinda gross and funny at the same time....
I was going through the pantry yesterday morning, and I found a can of soup on the very very back. I looked at the expiration date and it was 1/03:eek:
So I said to Stephanie....
"Hey Steph, this soup is older than your sister"
"What?!" she said
"Look at the expiration date on the bottom, it expired before your sister was born"
"Ewww. Grossssss!!!!!" she says
"Not only is this soup older than your sister, it also moved with us, because your sister was born in the old house"
We both laughed and laughed - I should of kept it as a family heirloom :rotfl:

Belle - I saw you all have been getting a lot of rain :umbrella:
I hope the sun comes out for you soon!!!! :sunny:

Time to run
Have a great Friday everyone!!! :wave:

Morning -

Sorry I have been MIA but between Meals on Wheels and SHIP and the NWSC ( boy scouts) and Eric I have been very busy..

I think I mentioned that I went to see Geoff at college last weekend for Parents Weekend. I took the bus there.. it was 8 hours.. but I forgot that northern Ill was so hilly.. Parent Weekend was great and Geoff is having a great time and looks happy..

Wednesday I took Eric and friends to U of Illlinois for a blue and orange day.. it was full of information.. the school seemed big to me ( one class is 700 kids :eek: but then if he likes it .. :confused3 so I have completed the big 10 ( sort of - he won't comsider Wisconsin) Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio state, Miami of Ohio, Purdue.. so now there is Northern Ill, U of Ill Chicago

Plus I interviewed at the Disney Store.. for part time seasonal work.. so it would be lots of fun ..

Today I am taking the Honda to Carmax and seeing what I can get for it ..

Kevin and I had a successful evening last night!!!!:santa:
The ipod clock/radio is purchased, and I think it will be perfect!!!!:thumbsup2
The house for Barbie is purchased, and I hope it will be perfect :upsidedow
*I say that because the "Barbie" house is $160.00 and it looks very cheaply made (very plasticy and weak looking). The only good thing about it, is it has lights and sounds. We found a generic house for Barbie that was less expensive, $99, and its made out of pressed wood (so tons more durable), but has no lights and sounds. I'm hoping she likes it {{fingers crossed}}.

I'm glad that these items are purchased, and now I don't have to worry about that anymore:thumbsup2 Stephanie also has her pink chair, in the attic, we are giving her too from Santa:santa: I need to get Katie another larger, less expensive item, and then both some smaller things, and then Santa is done:woohoo::yay:

I will be heading out to the mall again tomorrow with the girls to buy their Christmas dresses :santa: Stephanie is such a fuss budget about her Christmas dress, that I know this will be a long day. She wants it to be pretty, but not babish, which I can respect, but to find that perfect one, is always hard to do :faint:

geffric - You turned us to the 200th page here!!!! :yay::woohoo:
*You've been busy!!! I'm glad Geoff is happy at school!! :)

Time to get ready for work - I wish I didn't have to work on Saturdays:rolleyes:
Oh well - have a great weekend everyone!!! :wave:

Whooo, it's finally the weekend, shame about the weather though it is so wet and miserable. Pete and I are going to the cinema this afternoon though to see A Christmas Carol 3D which I am looking forward to. Last night we went out with our theatre friends for a meal which was nice. Tomorrow I have lots of school work to do which I am not looking forward to, but it has to be done.

Slo Glad you got the christmas shopping done.

Geffric I hope you get the Disney store job, you would be great there with all your Disney knowledge!!

:woohoo: The sun came out today.

We might help move a chicken coop tomorrow.

I normally never post on Sundays, but I'm up early so I can go to work for awhile. I was going to go back last night, but then I decided I'd rather stay home and doze off in front of the tv, and go in this morning. So, I'm having my cup of coffee, and then I'm going to put on my sweatpants, and off to work (I sorta like it when I can go in like this, because I can work in comfort, and know that no one is going to see me). I figured I would stay until 10am, and then come home, have some breakfast, get myself together, and then take the girls to the mall for our shopping. This is going to be one of those busy days :faint:

Danauk - What is your review of the movie?:3dglasses I've heard good and bad things.

geffric - I hope you get TDS job :wizard: I think that would be fun!!!!!

Belle - I'm glad you finally got some :sunny: I don't think we'll be seeing that here for awhile :sad2:

Well, I need to go to work, and get some work done.
Have a great day today everyone!!! :wave:

Yesterday was a good day!!!! :goodvibes
I stayed at work until 10am, and got everything done I wanted to do :thumbsup2
Came home to a yummy breakfast Kevin made:goodvibes
Then the girls and I went to the mall for the afternoon - we haven't done this in probably a year or more. We searched and searched, and finally found their Christmas dresses (black and white this year) they are beautiful!!!! The girls also picked out a couple of new outfits, that they are not getting until Christmas day (they'll get wrapped up, and put under the tree). We also took some time to sit and have a little snack - Aunt Annie's pretzels. We really had a nice girls day out!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

My coffee is now gone, which means it's time for me to get outta the chair, and get my day started.
Have a good day today everyone!!! :wave:

Hi all, it's been a while. I am up a little late this evening making my lunch for tomorrow. How does Swiss Cheese on Spelt Bread, and Coconut Butter on Spelt Bread with Bananas on it sound?

Well, You see, I am going to "Bring Your Favorite Guy to Lunch day tomorrow for my DS(4). I also get to talk about Gemology and Diamonds to the kiddows.

As DW RRBB has probably mentioned, on a new diet (hence the strange food combinations) and have lost over 40 pounds to date (more if you count the weight I gained at WDW and lost back!).

At any rate, my dreams are stil with y'all who are my dearest Axe-Slinging freinds, and the sweet necter in te refillable mugs.

As I tell my son and daughter at night before bed: "Sweet Dreams, Happy Dreams!"

Be Seeing You! :figment:

:woohoo:Congrats OF on the weight loss. NC B. is having a successful weight loss program via Weight Watchers online. He has lost about 80 pounds since mid-April.

I gotta make this kinda quick this morning, because I have to go to my Leads Group this morning, then I work until 7:30pm - I really don't like Tuesdays:sad2:

OF - Good to see you!!! :wave2:
Congrats on the weight loss - that's great!!!!:cheer2:

Belle - Congrats to The Beast on his weight loss too :cheer2:

I gotta run and get ready to go

Okay..I have a vent this morning!!!

I picked Stephanie up from CCD last night, and she says to me, "I'm watching a rated R movie in CCD!" I asked her to elaborate, and she said they are watching The Passion of the Christ :eek::eek: I sorta freaked out, because that movie is SO SO graphic, and I don't allow Stephanie to see rated R movies, and I don't appreciate her teacher doing this without my permission :mad::mad: So I left a message at the directors office, and I also sent our priest an email expressing my unhappiness. I told them both that I want Stephanie to have an excused absence, or go to a different class for the duration of the movie - I don't care what she does, but I do notwant her watching that movie!!!!! A permission slip should have been sent home, or a phone call should have been made - I never would have approved this:sad2: So mad!!!!:mad:

Time to go and start another day

:woohoo:Congrats OF on the weight loss. NC B. is having a successful weight loss program via Weight Watchers online. He has lost about 80 pounds since mid-April.

Congrats to both on the weight loss.. :woohoo::cheer2:

SLO - i really don't understand why a permissin slip was not send home first. I'd be really angry too..

Well today I need to get the photo database writeup down for BSA.. Started at TDS last night. :cheer2: My feet hurt. but the shoes I ordered came today, so now I am ready for the season...

The director never returned my call, but I know she knows about what happened, and isn't happy :sad2: I know this, because I called my priests office, to see if he got my email, and I spoke with the church secretary, and she said it was his day off, and he won't see my email until tomorrow (today now). I sent the email to her first, and then had her forward it, and she was shocked by what I wrote. She spoke with the director, and told her that I wrote the priest, which is fine. Another mom has also been in contact (she knew about this after I contacted her about it) because she is unhappy too. I wish the director had called me back, but maybe she wants to talk to the teacher first, so she has a resolution to tell me. The church secretary completely agrees with me, and I'm sure the priest will too ::yes:: The saga continues.......

Time to go - this is another early day.
I go to work early, so I can leave early :thumbsup2

Have a good day today!!! :wave:

Hi guys,
Sorry I have been MIA for a few days, things are hectic at work and I am adicted to farmville on facebook so I have been busy farming!!

On the work front we are currently waiting for our next inspection phone call which could happen any day now (we know it will happen between next week and the end of January.) As the deputy head is still absent (she is still in hospital and as been for 4 1/2 months) I am the acting deputy head at the moment so I have more work to do than usual (for no more pay!!)

I am looking foreward to tomorrow though, Pete and I are going with our best friends to a Christmas event at the castle near our house. They have the castle done up for a 19 centuary christmas and do guided tours in costume. I have been a few times with school and once with my parents but even though it is literally 2 minutes from our house (like through the trees we look at in our back garden) and we have lived here for over 11 year Pete has never been there. The castle is stunning, it is where Charles Dickens wrote a Christmas Carol (they still have the chair he sat in to write the book) and were Queen Elizabeth 1 used to stay. So I am looking forward to a nice evening out.

On Saturday we have to go to London. Pete bought something off ebay which we need to collect. Then on the way back we are meeting Liz, Dan and Thomas at a shopping centre as Pete needs to give Dan some computer related thing! I am happy as the meeting point is my favourite shopping centre ever!!

Tomorrow at work I am in charge on my own, the head is out at a meeting all day and the other 2 senior teachers don't work on a Friday, I just hope it will be OK!!! Tomorrow is non uniform charity day as there is a huge charity event on in the UK tomorrow, I just hope things go well. Tomorrow we also have to start practicing our Christmas carols in class. We are doing a service in school in a few weeks time and each class has to sing a carol each as well as the ones we are singing as a whole school. My class are singing Hark the Herold which I like.

Slo I would be annoyed at that too, is the movie being shown at a church class? We are not alowed to show Parent Guidance movies at school to under 10's without permission.

Well that is enough rambling from me, I should be going. Have a great weekend all.

Update on CCD subject..........
The CCD Director called me yesterday and was EXTREMELY sorry for what happened. She had no idea this was going to be shown, and was shocked that it happened. She said she emailed all teachers telling them that they are no longer allowed to show anything, or play any music, without consulting her and Father first. She also said, that she told the teacher, to call each of the students home, to explain to the parents what her reasoning was, and to apologize for showing the movie w/o the parents consent. Needless to say, the movie is not going to continue, which is a very very good thing!!!!

As upset as I was, I will not hold it against this woman for making a very bad decision. I'm just glad the director and Father are on my side with this, and agree that the movie was a bad thing. So, for the most part, this is done.

Tomorrow is that Christmas Shopping Spree show, and I've been working like mad getting ready for it. I've made a bunch of little frames, with cute little mats inside, and I'm only selling them for $20 (includes tax). I also made a bunch of cute little mats that someone can put into their own frames, and I'm only selling them for $5. I also will have other photo frames, coffee table books, prints, and more. I'm really hoping to have some sales here, and generate awareness of the store. I'm also doing a raffle for a $25 gift certificate, which I hope gets me alot of names for my database :thumbsup2 Set up is at 8am, the show is 10 - 3pm, take down after that, and then we have the Chamber tree lighting in the evening - it's going to be a very very long day!!!!! :faint:

Sunday I'm putting up my first Christmas tree :santa:
I can't believe it!!!!!! Where has this year gone??????
I'm trying to get a nice early start with stocking stuffers for the girls. I've already bought stuff from AVON, and then last night I went to Dollar Tree and got some things too. Now I need to go to WalMart to buy the rest of the stocking stuffers, and then I'm done!!!! :woohoo:

Danauk - Yes, the movie was being shown in Stephanie's 5th grade Religious Education class.
**Sounds like you a have a busy next couple of days.
Take some pictures of the castle - I love those castle pictures you show :)
Have fun with your friends and London, and everything else :cool1:
Good luck running the school today:teacher:You'll do great!!!!!

Gotta run and get ready so I can leave early today - I need to make a frame delivery at Katie's school.

Have a great day today everyone!! :wave:

I am so tired!!!!! :faint:
I worked so hard the last 2 days getting ready for this show. I made a bunch of new things, that are really cool!!!!
Then last night we got everything packed in the car (which is totally packed!!!) from the store and the storage garage, and now we are almost ready to go. I have a couple things left to put in the car from home, and then I"m done.
I'm really really hoping that I sell alot of this stuff today. Not only do I want to make some money, but I also don't want to drag all this stuff back to the store.
I'll be really glad when this show is done - I've been living it and breathing it all week now :rolleyes:

Well, I gotta go get ready for this long day, which includes The Chamber of Commerce tree lighting at the town hall :faint: I'm already looking forward to bed, and I just got out of it :laughing:

Have a good day!!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter