Escape to Neverland - A new Tagliarchy adventure!!

Welcome SEEWHAYTIMESDONE!! there is now ay you can kill this thread. it has been going on since forever!!

BB the pics are too cute!!! How many young ladies were at the party? And I hear ya about getting a party place to take care of arrangements. so much easier

Dana, glad you are feeling better. What kind of jackets for the car? please explain....

SLO congrats to Steph serving her first mass. How sweet of that lady to give her a rose. Nice touch.

Belle, you can remeember when you were 8?? ugh. I can't remember yesterday! hehe

ibounce, how goes the diet? I am trying to lose about 5 pds before the cruise . I know its not much but I must be realistic!

off to start the day. Early start this morning

:surfweb:

Did you all have a good weekend?

cheeringmom - Thanks!!!:goodvibes I do agree - it was a nice touch!!!!:goodvibes

To everyone else - :wave2:

Have a great day everyone!! :wave:

Good morning. NC B. and I are trying to figure out if we still want to go away during his next stretch of PTO in a couple of weeks. We saw some SWA reduced prices on some fares to CA and parts of FL. NC B.'s folks need to burn one of their RCI timeshare weeks so that may help in deciding on where to go on our next adventure. NC Beast is hoping for a beach or maybe in the DL area. We deciding against MA because NC B's brother is out of town on our available dates and some of my relatives (in various states) are out of town at that time too. NC Beast's parents are going to be leaving in a couple of weeks to go to Spain (they spending some time at a friend's home) and a 2 week Med. cruise.

:upsidedow We don't know what we want.

Morning..

SLO I took your poll.. yes I have a cat..:cat: BTW can you pick up a BOO to YOU CD for me when you are at WDW. I didn't get one last year and keep heqring that song in my head..

been a busy weekend. Friday was the homecoming game.. Eric played the first game and they won 52 to 0 .. you gotta feel sorry for the other team.. when i asked eric why did they keep scoring he said that the coach told them that if they won by 50 points that they didn't have practice tomorrow.. so...

Eric then did marching band for the varsity game.. they were great.. geoff worked over the weekend and then sat night was the dance..

hard to keep up with these kids.. ;)

BB the pics are too cute!!! How many young ladies were at the party? And I hear ya about getting a party place to take care of arrangements. so much easier
The party size was 8 (including the birthday girl). Much smaller than any party we have done before. An additional child was $22 which I thought was a pretty hefty charge. We have done the zoo and pump it up - and I don't think the extra kid charges would have been that high. We invited 9 (including my daughters - and one kid could not make it - so we had the exact number we wanted)

Got to run - I need to stop by the store and buy a treat for her class to celebrate her birthday in school.

BlueBayou---I'm glad that party went well. I remember the day before my 8th birthday..one of my cousins was born plus my Dad was on the West Coast for 2 weeks for his job. I got a nice race car track toy and he bought a t-shirt from San Diego Zoo (on his day off during TTY).
How sweet that you remember. My dad traveled a lot too. He missed a few of my birthdays - but he was always home on the weekends for the party. I always looked forward to what he would bring home. Except for trips out of the country - it was never anything big. It was usually just something he picked up... like chocolate or mints from the pillows at the hotel, travel shampoo or free magazines. Frequently it was something with the name of where he traveled - like a matchbook. It was not uncommon for him to be gone 10 workdays out of a month.

Whooooo, I have some fun news. My friend just won a trip to Disneyland Paris and she needs someone over 30 to drive the car there (the prize is a car for a week and 2 nights at DLRP with a private party after the park has closed on night) so she has asked me if I would like to go with her as she can't drive!! How amazing is that!!

Congrats DanaUK.. that is wonderful news..

did you see the Magic will be in your neck of the woods in 2010?
C8390703_DCL_2010HR_Announce-EML_07.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our first-ever voyages on the Baltic Sea depart from Dover, England, to visit wondrous ports in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Finland or Estonia, and Russia.
[/FONT]

Whooooo, I have some fun news. My friend just won a trip to Disneyland Paris and she needs someone over 30 to drive the car there (the prize is a car for a week and 2 nights at DLRP with a private party after the park has closed on night) so she has asked me if I would like to go with her as she can't drive!! How amazing is that!!

Congrats! :thumbsup2

Congrats DanaUK.. that is wonderful news..

did you see the Magic will be in your neck of the woods in 2010?
C8390703_DCL_2010HR_Announce-EML_07.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our first-ever voyages on the Baltic Sea depart from Dover, England, to visit wondrous ports in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Finland or Estonia, and Russia.[/FONT]

Ooh I hadn't seen that. I just showed Pete and he is actually quite interested in it. I guess it would book up quite quickly though, I wonder how much it would cost.

I have spent this evening sorting out the prize trip with my friend. We are staying at the hotel New York for 2 nights with 3 day park passes and a private party in the park after it closes on the Saturday. Plus we get all meals provided and are given a hire car and shuttle crossing to get us there. My boss is giving me a day off work so I can go. The hire car is being delivered to my house and I am driving. It is also the weekend that starts the Christmas season so I will get to see DLRP for Halloween and then 2 weeks later all decorated for Christmas with the twinkling light on the castle!! I am so excited!!

DanaUK, great news about the free trip! :cool1:

The DCL Baltic cruises are OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

However, that Westbound TransAtlantic looks VERRRRRRYYYYY tempting. Love the idea of spending the last few days in the Caribbean.

However, what really appeals is Christmas on the Magic 2010:

12/18-12/29 Magic:
PC
2 days at Sea
St. Maarten
Guadalupe
Barbados
Martinique
Day at Sea
St. Thomas
Day at Sea
Castaway Cay

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Decisions....decisions.....

I'd love to do a Disney cruise but i've never been on a cruise and i'm a little wary of them.
well I am gong on my first Dis cruise in November. I was seasick on our last carnival. But I am packing the drugs!

BB 8 is a great number. and yikes $22 is a little steep. Lauren's BD is Nov 22 the day after that new dog movie Bolt comes out. Four our movie theater is it $15 per kid for a movie and a box of popcorn and a drink. I have to bring the rest....

DANA congrats on the win! -well being a part of it! How fun is that! it sounds like a great tip-pretty much all inclusive yippee!

GEFFRIC that footall game was embarrassing-for the other team....I love when the Gators do that....well they never had but it would be fun fo rme!!

BELLE I'd go for the north...of course because I'd love to see the seasons

SLO!! youa re quiet today!!

IBOUNCE just got the scoop on DEE's family. we should have a blast. Of course I probably won't be able to keep up!!

Tonight is The Living Rosary at our Parish, and I'm looking forward to participating in it. Each person is a Rosary Bead, and when you say your part, your candle gets lit (the whole church is dark), and when the Rosary is complete, it's a beautiful sight to see. It will be a nice way to spend the evening:goodvibes

Belle - I would vote for the California trip (I really want to go to DL someday) :teeth:

geffric - Congrats to Eric & team for winning the game :cheer2:
**Yes, I will pick one up for you ::yes:: I will get one for me too, because I looked for one in 2006 and didn't find one.

BB - Those parties are so expensive aren't they?! I'm glad it was a success!!:)

Danauk - Congrats on the DLP trip - how fun!!!!!:cool1:

SeeWhat - Are you nervous about cruising in general, or are you wary of The Disney Cruise?:confused: This is the place to be to get unwary, because you have many Disney Cruise experts here. I've been on one, but I'm not as knowledgeable as others. So if you ever decide to go, you can ask alot of questions here :)

ibounce - :wave2:

cheeringmom - I decided to not get up super early today, because I didn't workout. I did a different workout yesterday, that left me very sore (actually in pain) in the knees and the neck (both huge medically problem areas for me) so I decided to not make things worse today. I also decided to not do this workout again, because it's not worth the pain. :headache:

Well, I gotta go get Steph up for school :teacher:
Have a great day everyone!!! :wave:

well I am gong on my first Dis cruise in November. I was seasick on our last carnival. But I am packing the drugs!

That's a good idea. I would have to do the same thing! I watched this thing on the travel channel about Disney cruises where they can inflate these big rafts or something under the boat to stabilize it so people don't get sick. Sounds good to me :thumbsup2

SeeWhat - Are you nervous about cruising in general, or are you wary of The Disney Cruise?:confused: This is the place to be to get unwary, because you have many Disney Cruise experts here. I've been on one, but I'm not as knowledgeable as others. So if you ever decide to go, you can ask alot of questions here :)

It's just cruises in general; when i've gone out on smaller boats I can get very seasick - not all the time but if it's rocky I get really sick :sick: I figured that being on a huge cruise ship probably wouldn't make me as sick but i'm not sure how I would do. And I get a little creeped out knowing that i'll be stuck on a boat for like 2 weeks out in the middle of the ocean :eek: I'm sure that I could handle it though. If I ever did take a cruise it would be with Disney. I've seen shows on the travel channel and I want to watch Disney movies on the upper deck! Maybe my parents shouldn't have let me watch the Poseidon Adventure when I was a kid :rotfl:

That's a good idea. I would have to do the same thing! I watched this thing on the travel channel about Disney cruises where they can inflate these big rafts or something under the boat to stabilize it so people don't get sick. Sounds good to me :thumbsup2
well that is good news. If the ship goes down I know where to find a huge raft!! heheh

WOW!!! Incredible!!!!!
:figment:

I found out some more info about the prize trip I am going on today. We are staying for 2 nights in the hotel New York (which Pete and I have stayed in twice before) with 3 day park hopper tickets. The Friday we arrive there is a bonfire and fireworks party on the lake (for Guy Fawkes night which is an English tradition.) On Saturday we will he early entry for 2 hours and then in the evening the park closes at 9pm and that is when our private party begins in Discoveryland. There will be more fireworks, a live band and a buffet. Then on the Sunday we have park tickets and we will leave after lunch to drive back. My boss gave me the Friday off work so we cat catch and early shuttle crossing and be at DLRP before lunch. Plus as it is the 1st day of the Christmas season the castle will be lit up differently and the night time parade will be on.

:wave:

We have decided to try for CA next year since NC B. hopes to spend at least 7 days in Southern California. We are on the fence on doing the timeshare to anywhere on such short notice. We had been going to PA for the changing of the seasons and want to skip it this year. NC beast hopes to go to MD around Thanksgiving time to visit his folks.

:cheer2: Danauk, Congrats on the second DLP trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter