Escape to Neverland - A new Tagliarchy adventure!!

Morning..

Hope everyone is safe and dry and well.

Last night was open house at school, got to walk the kids schedules and have 10 minutes in the classroom.. really not enough time but it was nice..

I have a busy next few days - tonight is Troop Committee and then friday is football. O BTW the spirit shop was open last night at open house and i bought one of the cushions to sit on at football games. i have been meaning to buy one for a while now but also forgot but last week in the rain moved that up the list so to speak.. anyway i am very prepared for Friday nights game and then sat for marching band competition..

Saturday is Geoff's beloit interview and eric has 2 marching band competitions one in the afternoon and another in the evening plus football practice in the morning.. busy kids...

TTFN be back later

Hey everyone,
Sorry I have been a bad tag buddy lately and have not posted. Work has been crazy busy, but things are beginning to settle down now we are in week 3. And you all might be shocked to hear this, but I am actually enjoying work at the moment!! I have a lovely class of 8 year olds who are so sweet. I'm enjoying teaching the younger children for a change. We still have a lot of work to do, we are expecting the inspection phone call at any time (we just want it over woth now) but I don't feel as stressed. We have 2 new teachers this year who are both lovely and very hard working which is great.

I feel bad for not having chance to catch up on the news. Slo I read you had been having serious flooding, I hope you are all OK. And to my friends in Texas, I hope you were not affected by the hurricane.

Apart from work being busy life here is still plodding on. This weekend we are going up to my parents for a family party for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Then are returning from a cruise today (for the past 10 days they have been sending me pictures of them in a different country every day!) Plus we heard yesterday that we are going to my nephews christening in November too which will be nice. My SIL, BIL and nephew are coming to visit in a few weeks too. I haven't seen my nephew for 2 months so no doubt he will have grown! Good job I got him slightly bigger clothes from Disneyland!

Well I do have some school stuff to do, so I guess I had better get on!!

Hooray, it's Friday!!!:banana: :banana:
I don't know why I care about this - I still have to go to work tomorrow. I guess it's nice knowing that I don't have to rush Steph out the door, and that I don't have to wake up at 5:30am:)

geffric - Wow, you have a very busy weekend ahead of you. I hope the kids do great at their events:wizard:

Danauk - Thanks for the nice thoughts, and I happy to say that things are slowly getting back to normal. Thank God, we had no flooding in our house, but so many others did, and things won't be back to normal for them, for quite some time:guilty:
**I'm so glad you are enjoying your class this year - that's great news!!!!!:):goodvibes
**Have fun at your family party this weekend:cool1:

Have a great day today everyone!!!! :wave:

Morning..

DANAUK - glad that school is good this year and you seem to be having fun..:thumbsup2

SLO - Hope things are returning to normal is the business at the shop effected???

I am working from home today and have lots to do.. i need to work on an RFP and a presentation for another company. so things will be busy today.

But it is supposed to be nice today, so i have the windows open. The cat is happy 'cause she can sit by the back patio door and watch the world of squirrels, chipmomks and birds.

back to work.. will check in again later..

Morning..

DANAUK - glad that school is good this year and you seem to be having fun..:thumbsup2

SLO - Hope things are returning to normal is the business at the shop effected???

I am working from home today and have lots to do.. i need to work on an RFP and a presentation for another company. so things will be busy today.

But it is supposed to be nice today, so i have the windows open. The cat is happy 'cause she can sit by the back patio door and watch the world of squirrels, chipmomks and birds.

back to work.. will check in again later..

Yes, I would say the business was effected ::yes::
The traffic was so bad by the store, than no one, in their right mind, would want to be in that to go shopping. Also, with all the damage to peoples houses, people won't go out shopping for quite some time. I've been very very slow:guilty: But Christmas is coming, and I'm hoping that will give me more business. :santa: Thanks for asking!!!:)

Yes, I would say the business was effected ::yes::
The traffic was so bad by the store, than no one, in their right mind, would want to be in that to go shopping. Also, with all the damage to peoples houses, people won't go out shopping for quite some time. I've been very very slow:guilty: But Christmas is coming, and I'm hoping that will give me more business. :santa: Thanks for asking!!!:)
that is crazy. we live in the florida panhandle and got very little wind etc from the hurricane. My husband told me people in Ohio-on the military base there- still do not have electricity. I knew it really affected those in TX and LA but not so far up north. Crazy!!

geffric is your new seat heated? my friend bought me a heated football seat and it was heaven when we lived in VA. Just pop that baby in the microwave and WALA toasty buns!!! ahhhhhh

off to start the day. Have a good one everyone!

:surfweb:

Our biggest problem up here was just the rain.
It rained, and rained, and rained, and rained, and rained :umbrella:
Thank goodness we didn't have any storms or wind with this, because everyone was able to still keep their electricity. I couldn't imagine going through all this w/o electricity:eek: It was hard for me to explain to my girls (at the time) that even though this is Hurricane Ike, it's not really like a hurricane. They were really nervous - the news kept saying it was the hurricane, and they are naturally thinking it's going to be like it was in Texas. I"m so glad that whole weekend is over!!!!!

Today is going to be a long day.
Sophie is sick, so I have to take her to the vet early this morning, and then I have to go straight to work, and be there until 7pm. I really hate knowing that my little Sophie is not well:guilty: So we'll see what the vet says.

Well, it's time for me to jump in the shower and get going. I need to make sure I'm at the vets early, so when they open at 9am, I'm the first one there. I asked if they would take an appointment, so I can be first, because I had to be at work by 10am, and they said, "NO" So I want to be there by 8:40am and just wait - what a pain!!!!

Have a good day!!! :wave:

Today is going to be a long day.
Sophie is sick, so I have to take her to the vet early this morning, and then I have to go straight to work, and be there until 7pm. I really hate knowing that my little Sophie is not well:guilty: So we'll see what the vet says.

Well, it's time for me to jump in the shower and get going. I need to make sure I'm at the vets early, so when they open at 9am, I'm the first one there. I asked if they would take an appointment, so I can be first, because I had to be at work by 10am, and they said, "NO" So I want to be there by 8:40am and just wait - what a pain!!!!

Have a good day!!! :wave:
good luck ingettign her an appt. Let us know what the vet says.

off to start the day. tons of errands. Picking out my FE gifts today. should be fun. got some great ideas just no room in my suitcases for big stuff. ugh I will make it work. TTFN

:wave:

Slo--- I hope that you find out why Sophie is getting sick a lot (our vet has a drop off option during the week plus weekend hours). Little dogs are prone to certain ailments that require special diet dog food. Jessie is almost better from her ear infection. She started to get back to her normal self a couple of days ago and she seems more active. We had to put her on a indoor adult dog food to get 5 pounds off. Jessie has been giving us nasty looks because we cut down on her dog biscuits (why did we teach her counting...she can also tell the time by counting the cuckoo clock sounds).

Hi Taglikins :wave:

Just a quick drive by......sneaking in a break at lunch time.

Nothing new here to report, except I'm liking my new meal plan....BistroMD...yummy food! :thumbsup2

SLO - what is the vet report???

ibounce - glad the food is yummy!! Sounds like you are doing great..

CMOM- lots of people on our cruise did pens.. easy and lite.. we did CDs..not lite or easy to carry..

TTFN

Geffric....we want to hear some stories (or at least one) about your repo!

::yes::

HMMMMM Just one???

I went ziplining in PV - great fun.. and kayaking at Castaway Cay.. and saw dophins, flying fish, stingrays, jumping rays..

gotts get Eric from marching band.. BRB

Hey all........

I FINALLY HIRED SOMEONE!!!!!

You have no idea how releaved I am!!
She's a 16 year old girl, who acts much older than 16. She is very bubbly and friendly, and she is so excited to work at the store. She must have thanked me 20 times for hiring her. She starts today:thumbsup2 It won't be until after Christmas that I'm able to leave her alone, but that's okay, I'm just so glad to have someone to train before Christmas comes. I think she's going/hoping to work out great!!!!!:goodvibes

Sophie is doing so much better :dog:
The animal hospital never called yesterday, which means her stool sample came out normal - thank goodness!!!! So she must of had a bacterial infection that could of come from anything (probably all the worms she's been eating - yuck!!!!!:scared: ) Speaking of worms, did you all have a lot of earthworms after the big rain a couple of weeks ago? We had tons and tons and tons. After the rain, they all dried up and stuck to the driveway, that's why Sophie has been eating them. I can control her when it's light out, but when it's dark, she's able to grab them w/o me seeing before it's to late - NASTY!!!!!:scared: I told Kevin that she likes worm jerky :laughing:

Tonight is a fair at my church, so I am taking the girls to that - they are very excited!!!!:cool1: I hate spending money on those crappy rides, but the girls do have fun. I always have a fun time at these things too, because we know so many people in this town, that I always run into many people I know - so that's nice!!!!

The rest of the weekend will be productive.
Tomorrow I work all day, because my other highschool girl has her homecoming dance, and then Sunday I am working outside all day. I have a lot of flowers that I stopped watering, that now need to be pulled out. We also have alot of work to do in order to get the yard ready for winter. It seems early to be doing this, but I like to get it done while it's still nice out. I hate working in the yard when it's damp and cold :cold:

Question.......
I thinking about planting some fall mums - do they need alot of watering?
I've never planted them before, and I won't if you all say they need a lot of water. I can't be bothered with watering anymore - I'm tired of watering flowers.

Well, I gotta run and get Stephanie up for school :teacher:
Have a great day today everyone!!!! :wave:

Slo--- I hope that you find out why Sophie is getting sick a lot (our vet has a drop off option during the week plus weekend hours). Little dogs are prone to certain ailments that require special diet dog food. Jessie is almost better from her ear infection. She started to get back to her normal self a couple of days ago and she seems more active. We had to put her on a indoor adult dog food to get 5 pounds off. Jessie has been giving us nasty looks because we cut down on her dog biscuits (why did we teach her counting...she can also tell the time by counting the cuckoo clock sounds).

I'm glad Jessie is doing better!!! :dog:
I know what you mean about nasty looks - I wasn't suppossed to give Sophie treats before I took her to the vet, and that wasn't easy, and I did end up giving her a couple. I always give her a tiny little treat after she comes in from going potty, and she was looking at me with these very confused eyes, when I didn't give her one. It made me sad, so I still gave her one, but they are the size of an oyster cracker, so I didn't feel to guilty.

I hope you all have a great day today!!! :wave:

Morning Taglikins!

Got the laundry started...now I hope I just don't spend too long on the DIS. Got a big old pile of mail to go through, and I get to re-work my budget today. That will be fun! Keep forgetting to stop by the watch repair guys place...Saturday is the only day we are both open/here at the same time.

Five days with BistroMD complete, lost 3 lbs! :woohoo: Now I just have to be careful this weekend not to go hog wild on the meals I have to make myself. Their plan is so well balanced, I'm not craving anything in particular, so that's good...well, maybe crispy french fries.........

Ok, I have finally recoverred from the cave-in at the Chocolate vault...
Actually, I am at home, the kids are asleep, RRBB is buried in a project so I thought I would come back by...

Work is still a hostile place for Dis-Ing...

See Ya around?

:figment:

OF--nice to hear from you! We were watching a dvd and munching on some chocolate treats.

Today, we got some fall supplies for our trees and shrubs plus got some mums and roses that were on Home Depot clearance. :rolleyes1 Good thing that we don't have a big car...saw some good deals at Home Depot. Tomorrow, NC Beast is using a version of LTT pot roast recipe..but, instead he will be using some brisket in the slow cooker. Ibouncetoo, we find using the plastic, disposable food containers are handy in dividing up leftovers for portion control/freezer meals. We had some awesome fries from 5 Guys (a burger resteraunt that started in the DC metro area). They cut the potatoes fresh (even where that day's potatoes origin) plus cook them in peanut oil. We have been buying some Lean Pockets to have on hand for some weekday lunches.

Slo--we are glad to hear that Sophie is doing better. Jessie is prone to ear infections because of her floppy ears easily trap bacteria and stuff (needs 1-2 times a week cleaning). We also make sure that she gets a Giardia boosterand a couple other vaccines in case she decides to drink rain water/puddles. Jessie likes to try to capture flies in mid-air to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter