• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Escape from the North - A Week at the Yacht Club - April 2015- Complete* 1/5

Day 5
Hollywood Studios Part 2

When we last left off we'd eaten breakfast at Starring Rolls and stopped for a photo with Baymax. :laughing: While we were eating I got a text from my friend. She was on her way from Tampa and would be there in a couple of hours. She planned to park at the YC and take a boat or bus over to HS. I was so excited as I hadn't seen her in a year or so. :dance3:

We headed off to our first FP+.

DSC_0676TR.jpg

So glad we had a FP! I love this ride! I planned on taking a picture of our scores and the screen that shows how you did compared to others but I completely missed it. :confused3 I didn't get my camera ready in time and our scores disappeared before I could take the picture. Also, I thought the scoreboard would be on the wall on the way out of the ride so it didn't occur to me to look for it while we were still on the ride. :confused: Oh, well. I think I had the highest score because I'm awesome. :cool1:

On our way we passed Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater so we hopped in the short line to meet them.

STUDIO_LUIGISGRG_7TR.jpg

STUDIO_LUIGISGRGtr.jpg

DSC_0679TR.jpg

We also walked passed the Cinderella carriage but I didn't get a great picture. Don't worry, I got some better ones later on. :thumbsup2

We found Mama Melrose's and the host assured me that it wouldn't be a problem to add my friend to our reservation. I also let her know that my friend has food allergies - does she ever :rotfl2:- so they would be prepared.

As we were leaving the restaurant we spotted the snowman so we had to take a picture. They greeted him like a long lost friend. You'd think they'd had enough of snowmen this winter. :confused:

DSC_0681TR.jpg

After browsing the shops we made our way back to Jedi Training Academy for 11:20. I noticed that the CM checking us in was from the city we live in. I was excited because I hadn't met any CMs from Rhody yet. So I told her that we were from xxxxxxx, RI. She asked me what area. When I told her she was shocked - same neighborhood. She told me the street she lived on. I live 2 streets away. :faint:

She seemed genuinely surprised and happy to meet someone from her home town. She shook my hand and asked some questions. Turns out she left the neighborhood for sunny Florida right around the time we moved in. What a small world. :goodvibes

They ask you to return for Jedi Training a half hour early to the room where you sign up. The kids check in and wait for instructions. A CM asks each one if they can behave during the show and follow directions. Then they get a robe and a pin with their name on it. Soon they are led across to the stage.

They break them into two groups - half go up to the main stage and face Darth Vader and the other half stay below and face Darth Maul.
Aidan and Sam were in the second group so they got to fight Darth Maul. I worried that they'd be disappointed not to fight Vader but they didn't seem to be. It was really hot and they were uncomfortable in the robes but they seemed to have a good time.

They have a photopass photographer on the stage who takes photos. They give you a card that you can bring to one of the PP kiosks and have your photos attached to your account. You have to scroll through all the photos and pick out your kids. The process is fairly easy because once the CM sees your child they can quickly pick them out and assign them to you. It took me 5 minutes to do it at the PP kiosk at Beach Club the next day.

This was another situtation where I was happy to have Memory Maker. I took a lot of pictures but all have a lot of other kids in the shot. I'm not going to share those but the PP photographer got some really good shots of just them or just required a little cropping.

STUDIO_JTA2_728Tr.jpg

STUDIO_JTA2_72873TR.jpg

STUDIO_JTA2_TR.jpg

STUDIO_JTA2_TRv.jpg

Aidan had talked about using some of his fencing moves to fight him so I was very glad that in the end he just followed her instructions. It really would have been embarassing if he lunged at him and stabbed Darth Maul. :laughing:

Just as the show was finishing up my friend arrived. She'd parked at YC and took the boat over to HS. She was a little disappointed that she missed it but we were really happy to see her. :grouphug:

The boys got certificates at the end which were a nice souvenir. :thumbsup2

DSC_0771TR.jpg

My friend was hungry so we skipped our next FP for Frozen Sing-Along and headed to the closest place to eat - ABC Commissary. This wasn't one of the places that I wanted to try but we had a good experience. I'm going to write about it over at my DR but I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy catching up with my friend, S.

What do you think we do next?

Last edited:
Wow...small world about the CM being from so close to your house!! Awesome. Aside...I can't believe you said your school has a "no running at recess" rule??? Isn't that THE POINT of recess...to RUN and burn off some energy so you can sit still in class?? What is this world coming to??? UGH. OK back to your TR....that Jedi training actually looks pretty cool....that would indeed have been funny if your DS decided to break out some fencing moves...my DD does karate so I would probably have the same thought lol...Looks like it was fun for them though.

BEGIN RANT: It bugs me when people use my kids as examples of what not to do. Kids shouldn't run? How ludicrous is that? I got the same thing after Sammy fell at the playground. Some of the other moms used his accident as a lesson about what happens when you "rough house." I won't be surprised if the zip line disappears from the playground. We can't wrap our kids in bubble wrap. Play is good for them. END RANT
I'm with ya,they are children, they play. Though it bugs me when parents comment on my child period. You just worry about your kid, I go this one covered.

dsc_0646tr-jpg.99544

Creep. #sorrynotsorry.
This totally made me LOL. Gonna have to steal the idea and call it our own ; )
Then we were let in and were the first car/boat/vehicle of the day. :banana:
Impressive. Pretty confident my slow family has never been the first to do anything.

studio_studioarch_tr-jpg.99641

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I don't know if this is a joke or what but it makes me laugh.
Hilarious!!!!!!!

Oh, well. I think I had the highest score because I'm awesome. :cool1:
Of course you are

When I told her she was shocked - same neighborhood. She told me the street she lived on. I live 2 streets away. :faint:
It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all.....

This is a great picture of Sammy. Jedi training looks like a lot of fun.

I planned on taking a picture of our scores and the screen that shows how you did compared to others but I completely missed it. :confused3

Fail!

That's okay though. We forgive you.

I think I had the highest score because I'm awesome. :cool1:

Sure. Why not?
Congratulations.

As we were leaving the restaurant we spotted the snowman so we had to take a picture.

:sad2: I saw that too when I was there.
I absolutely would not have anything to do with it.
I for one, had had enough of snow already.

She told me the street she lived on. I live 2 streets away. :faint:

Wow! What are the odds of that happening??

The kids check in and wait for instructions. A CM asks each one if they can behave during the show and follow directions.

Wonder what would happen if a kid said no.

It was really hot and they were uncomfortable in the robes but they seemed to have a good time.

They look like they're having fun.

They give you a card that you can bring to one of the PP kiosks and have your photos attached to your account. You have to scroll through all the photos and pick out your kids. The process is fairly easy because once the CM sees your child they can quickly pick them out and assign them to you. It took me 5 minutes to do it at the PP kiosk at Beach Club the next day.

Huh.

the PP photographer got some really good shots of just them or just required a little cropping.

And he got some pretty good ones, too!

It really would have been embarassing if he lunged at him and stabbed Darth Maul. :laughing:

No, that's okay. Darth Maul's a bad guy. So stabbing him would've been a good thing.

What do you think we do next?

I'd like to say RNR, but I think it's going to be LMA.

Starring Rolls looks so good! In 3 visits to HS I've never managed to make it over there. I'm dying to try one of their cupcakes!

I have to confess...I really don't like GMR. I know it's a classic and the epitome of what HS is about (or used to be about) and everything, but...I just don't.

I love those new animated magic shots! That Baymax is an attention hog, who knew??

How awesome to meet someone from right where you live! It's amazing who you run into in the World, isn't it?

Jedi Training looks so fun! I'm glad Aiden didn't decide to go ahead and attack Darth Maul, although that would've been a great story ;)

Yay for meeting up with old friends at Disney! Especially ones you don't get to see a lot.

I want to cry a little bit that you missed the Singalong...I just love that show!

Jedi training is awesome! Ds did it back when they picked kids from the crowd. He got picked the second time, so he knew what to expect. Then, he insisted on going back to watch a couple more times!

I think I had the highest score because I'm awesome. :cool1:

Even though you don't have proof, I guess I can believe you on this one. Congrats!

You'd think they'd had enough of snowmen this winter. :confused:

No. Of course not.
Besides, a snowman in Florida is totally different than a snowman in Rhode Island.

They break them into two groups - half go up to the main stage and face Darth Vader and the other half stay below and face Darth Maul. Aidan and Sam were in the second group so they got to fight Darth Maul. I worried that they'd be disappointed not to fight Vader but they didn't seem to be. It was really hot and they were uncomfortable in the robes but they seemed to have a good time.

I did not know they split JTA into two groups. I'm glad to hear the boys were okay with Darth Maul, even though he's the less exciting of the Darths.

Aidan had talked about using some of his fencing moves to fight him so I was very glad that in the end he just followed her instructions. It really would have been embarassing if he lunged at him and stabbed Darth Maul. :laughing:

And that would have been the point where you were permanently banned from Jedi Training Academy. :rotfl2:

So glad we had a FP! I love this ride!
Is not having FP for this one even optional???

Oh, well. I think I had the highest score because I'm awesome. :cool1:
Well, as long as there's no evidence to the contrary, I guess we'll just have to go along with this. :rolleyes1

As we were leaving the restaurant we spotted the snowman so we had to take a picture. They greeted him like a long lost friend. You'd think they'd had enough of snowmen this winter. :confused:
You know, I'm kind of surprised that this snowman hasn't been transformed into Olaf. :rotfl:

After browsing the shops we made our way back to Jedi Training Academy for 11:20. I noticed that the CM checking us in was from the city we live in. I was excited because I hadn't met any CMs from Rhody yet. So I told her that we were from xxxxxxx, RI. She asked me what area. When I told her she was shocked - same neighborhood. She told me the street she lived on. I live 2 streets away.
Wow... small world! Imagine that!

Oh!!! That would have been awesome!!!!

Hey Colleen, I've been absent for a while but I'm all caught up! First of all, thanks for sharing so many Flower and Garden Festival photos! I don't recall ever seeing it, and I love to see photos! The topiaries are so beautiful :goodvibes

Oh, and this shot is perfect! :lovestruc

So before I get into my next update I have some scary RL news with a happy ending.

I would have been back here sooner with the udpate I was working on but Sammy had an accident Thursday night on the playground. He fell off some equipment and his brother landed on top of him. He was in so much pain I rushed him to the hospital and he was diagnosed with a lacerated liver. :scared1: He spent a few nights in the pediatric ICU with orders of bed rest and nothing by mouth. They were also concerned about his pancreas but an MRI a few days later ruled that out.

He was eventually allowed to eat again and walk around. He was discharged this afternoon and will recover fully. Kids are remarkably resilient! :thumbsup2 He just has to take it easy for several weeks - no gym, no playround, no bike riding, etc.

This must have been terrifying, I'm so sorry this happened to you guys! Very glad to hear he made a quick recovery :goodvibes

Jedi training looks a lot of fun, I think my Jamie would sign up if he was allowed :rotfl:

Finally caught up after reading 14 pages! I'm hooked. Really looks like you guys had an amazing trip and I can't wait to read more. I love the idea of getting your boys hats signed... Better than an autograph book that will ultimately get filed away. I can see my DBF getting his hat signed when I mention it, he's a big kid at heart :goodvibes

:welcome: Wow! Thank you for reading all of my ramblings. We did have an amazing trip! I'm so glad that Goofy suggested signing the had because we're not ones for autograph books. It's just like getting an athlete to sign your cap, right? ;)

Wow...small world about the CM being from so close to your house!! Awesome. Aside...I can't believe you said your school has a "no running at recess" rule??? Isn't that THE POINT of recess...to RUN and burn off some energy so you can sit still in class?? What is this world coming to??? UGH. OK back to your TR....that Jedi training actually looks pretty cool....that would indeed have been funny if your DS decided to break out some fencing moves...my DD does karate so I would probably have the same thought lol...Looks like it was fun for them though.

I couldn't believe that she lived 2 blocks from our house. Crazy. Yes, we couldn't believe it either. They did it because of the risk of injury. :rolleyes2 We actually sent letters to Mrs. Obama because of her interest in child obesity. I know that my boys need to burn off energy or they can't focus on school. This makes me :furious:

It's so fun! I hope your DD gets to do it if she wants. :goodvibes

I'm with ya,they are children, they play. Though it bugs me when parents comment on my child period. You just worry about your kid, I go this one covered.

Totally. It makes me crazy when I get those side-eyes. That's why I go to Disney. I'm sure it would have been worse outside the bubble. :lmao:

This totally made me LOL. Gonna have to steal the idea and call it our own ; )

Steal away! :thumbsup2

Impressive. Pretty confident my slow family has never been the first to do anything.

This is the first time I've made the effort to make RD. I've always thought vacation was for sleeping in.

It's a small world after all, It's a small world after all.....

Now that song is stuck in my head! :rotfl:

This is a great picture of Sammy. Jedi training looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks! It's so much fun. :goodvibes

Fail!

That's okay though. We forgive you.

Phew! You're really taking it easy on me. :thumbsup2

Sure. Why not?
Congratulations.

Thanks! I am awesome. :thumbsup2 Really, I am. :bitelip:

:sad2: I saw that too when I was there.
I absolutely would not have anything to do with it.
I for one, had had enough of snow already.

I took the pic to post to facebook to make my friends at home feel better. Or make them feel jealous. IDEK anymore. :cool:

Wow! What are the odds of that happening??

I should have played the lottery. Actually I did that once when I found lost diamonds twice within a short period of time (long story). Anyway I played Powerball afterwards because I was sure I would win. I didn't. :confused3

Wonder what would happen if a kid said no.

That's a good question. I'm pretty sure they would just tell the kid to be good and hope for the best. :bitelip:

They look like they're having fun.

They were having fun! :thumbsup2

And he got some pretty good ones, too!

Yes, he did. I know I came off as being anti MM and PP but as I'm writing the TR I'm really glad we had it and I'm sure we'll get it if we go again.

No, that's okay. Darth Maul's a bad guy. So stabbing him would've been a good thing.

I'm glad you weren't there to give him advice at that moment. :rotfl2:

I'd like to say RNR, but I think it's going to be LMA.

I wish it was RNR. :rolleyes: It took me way to long to figure out what LMA was. :sad2:

Starring Rolls looks so good! In 3 visits to HS I've never managed to make it over there. I'm dying to try one of their cupcakes!

I have to confess...I really don't like GMR. I know it's a classic and the epitome of what HS is about (or used to be about) and everything, but...I just don't.

I love those new animated magic shots! That Baymax is an attention hog, who knew??

How awesome to meet someone from right where you live! It's amazing who you run into in the World, isn't it?

Jedi Training looks so fun! I'm glad Aiden didn't decide to go ahead and attack Darth Maul, although that would've been a great story ;)

Yay for meeting up with old friends at Disney! Especially ones you don't get to see a lot.

I want to cry a little bit that you missed the Singalong...I just love that show!

I wish we could have just stopped at Starring Rolls for a snack so I would have enjoyed a cupcake. Just can't do cupcakes for dessert. :sad2: I thought GMR was fun. Now that I know about the cowboy scene from the DIS I was hoping for that but no such luck. :confused3 That still photo with Baymax over us made me laugh so hard. :rotfl:With everything we had an amazing day at HS. Maybe we can do the singalong another time. :goodvibes

Jedi training is awesome! Ds did it back when they picked kids from the crowd. He got picked the second time, so he knew what to expect. Then, he insisted on going back to watch a couple more times!

I didn't realize they did it like that instead of sign ups. Interesting. :scratchin

I did not know they split JTA into two groups. I'm glad to hear the boys were okay with Darth Maul, even though he's the less exciting of the Darths.

I didn't either. I thought everyone got to fight Vader on the main stage. THe boys didn't seem slighted at all so I'm fine with it. :thumbsup2

And that would have been the point where you were permanently banned from Jedi Training Academy.

It might have been worth it. :rolleyes1

Is not having FP for this one even optional???

I don't think so. But don't guests race for this at RD?

Well, as long as there's no evidence to the contrary, I guess we'll just have to go along with this.
It's not a bad bet but I understand your reluctance. :rotfl2:

You know, I'm kind of surprised that this snowman hasn't been transformed into Olaf.

That's a great idea. ::yes:: I'm sure when they make the change they won't even give you credit. :sad2:

Wow... small world! Imagine that!

Oh!!! That would have been awesome!!!!

I am awesome. :thumbsup2 Really, I am. :bitelip:

I know.

I took the pic to post to facebook to make my friends at home feel better. Or make them feel jealous. IDEK anymore. :cool:

I know. It's to make them feel jealous.

Actually I did that once when I found lost diamonds twice within a short period of time (long story). Anyway I played Powerball afterwards because I was sure I would win. I didn't. :confused3

You'd already found diamonds. What more do you want?

Answer: Powerball win apparently.

I'm glad you weren't there to give him advice at that moment.

Hit him hard and hit him low.

What?

I wish it was RNR. :rolleyes: It took me way to long to figure out what LMA was. :sad2:

:laughing: So I guess I'm wrong, then.

Day 5
Hollywood Studios Part 3

After lunch we took a ride on Star Tours.

DSC_0775TR.jpg

We had fast passes but our friend did not so we got in line at Stand-by. I can't remember what the wait time was but it couldn't have been more than 20 minutes or I don't think we would have waited. I was surprised that the boys wanted to ride this one since they'd chickened out at Soarin' and I think Star Tours is probably more intense. :confused:

Oh well, I was just happy that we were all going to be riding. Everyone had a great time except for my friend. When we exited the ride she'd broken out into a cold sweat. :sick:

The boys enjoyed browsing the gift shop and ended up purchasing some guns. Shocking, I know. :rolleyes1

And of course these were the guns that make shooting noises so that was fun to listen to for the rest of the day. :rolleyes2 Of course we didn't allow them to shoot them inside or at attractions.

They had to get their photos taken on these things.

STUDIO_SPEEDERBIKEICON_7285744786TR.jpg

STUDIO_SPEEDERBIKEICON_TR.jpg

DSC_0784TR.jpg

Sammy refused to stop aiming the gun for his picture. The PP photographer actually refused to take pictures of him aiming it at his brother. :laughing:

My friend still wasn't feeling well so we ducked into Writer's Stop so she could get a drink of water and relax a little. I got a carrot cake cookie that I'd been craving since reading about it here on the DIS and the boys probably got a treat of some kind but I was too focused on my cookie to care. :rotfl:S found some water over at Sci Fi restaurant. I love that you can get free water in all the restaurants in Disney now. :thumbsup2 Or maybe you always could but I never knew about it.

After our snack we headed over to Streets of America.

DSC_0792TR.jpg

This looks kind of cool but it's pretty much a waste of space. Or a place to hang lights during the holidays. :confused3

Another first for us:

DSC_0794TR.jpg

We all enjoyed it. The boys are just starting to discover the Muppets so it was fun.

We saw the Cinderella carriage again so S and I had to get in line to get our picture taken with it. They give you a pillow with a glass slipper to hold in the picture. It's cute. :)

DSC_0796tr.jpg

We checked out the time for the Lights, Motor, Action but it didn't really work for our schedule. There were a few other things I wanted to see before our early dinner. Before we left we took these silly pictures.

DSC_0797TR.jpg

DSC_0798TR.jpg

DSC_0802tr.jpg

Animation Station is next.

Last edited:
Day 5
Hollywood Studios Part 4

We had just finished up at Street of America and were heading over to Animation Station. On the way S kept the boys entertained by borrowing one of their guns and playing "shootout" with the other one. She'd take cover behind trees or garbage cans and fire at them. She even got some other guests into the fun by asking them to cover her. :laughing:

We came across One Man's Dream and couldn't not check it out.

DSC_0815tr.jpg

Of course this was the one photo I took in the gallery. :cool2:

After the movie we went over to the Animation Courtyard. We found the line for Animation Station was just starting. The good thing was that we were one of the first in line. The bad thing was that we had to keep the boys entertained for a good 20 minutes in a pretty cramped space. :eek:

When the doors finally opened we grabbed seats right in front. When we started drawing the picture she wouldn't tell us who we were sketching. She wanted us to guess which character it was. Sam's hand flew up and he gave the first guess: Mickey Mouse. :rotfl:That kid is not shy at all - the complete opposite of Aidan. We weren't drawing Mickey. There were a few more guesses and she tried giving us some hints. Finally I threw out "Jiminy Cricket" and I was right! She said that I would get her sketch at the end. :jumping1: I was so excited because I never win anything.

We all had a great time. This was my version:

DSC_0816TR.jpg

Not bad. :cool:

Aidan's was good.

DSC_0818tr.jpg

At the end she showed off a few sketches and Sammy brought his up.

DSC_0819TR.jpg

I went up to claim my picture. She wrote a nice little message.

DSC_0897TR.jpg

After this we had to walk over to Mama Melrose's for dinner. I wrote out a review over on my DR if you want to know more. I will say that w
e were seated quickly but the meal took forever. My friend has lots of food allergies so the chef came out to our table and she had him going back and forth to the kitchen a few times before she was happy about what she ordered. She's always been like Sally in When Harry Met Sally in restaurants but now that she has allergies it's even worse.

w.gif

Jamie had to work really hard to keep the boys entertained for the nearly 2 hours we were there while I chatted with my friend. :rotfl2:

DSC_0820TR.jpg

After we finally got out of there we went right over to Fantasmic! and took some pictures on the way.

DSC_0837TR.jpg

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times: I love the details at Disney!

We also took some MM pictures. We drove the photographer crazy. We asked for pics of the 5 of us, pics of me and S, pics of the four of us, pics with guns, pics with no guns. :lmao:The photographer suggested this pose which I love.

STUDIO_SUNSET3_7286214663TR.jpg

STUDIO_SUNSET3_7286215608TR.jpg

Next up: Fantasmic!

Last edited:
Such an awesome HS day! I'm so excited to do the animation!! I hope the wait won't be long though because it may be hard to keep DD happy...I want to see Muppet Vision too...I'm sorry your friend didn't feel well after Star Tours...I'm a bit afraid of that myself..so may or may not ride that. Definitely want that carrot cake cookie though!!! I love your pics with the Mary Poppins umbrella...so cute!

I got really behind again! You are so good at keeping up with the updates! TSMM is one of our all time favorites also! I just love that attraction.

Looks like the boys had fun at Jedi training! I always thought it looked pretty cool and I'm not a HUGE Star Wars fan.

I love all the pics of you guys hanging off the umbrella!

I'm gonna have to hop on over to your DR and see what happened with your friend. I love that scene from When Harry Met Sally. She is a little HM but I love it :P

You drew an amazing Jimini Cricket, I have zero drawing ability but have always wanted to try animation academy.

Oh, and I totally agree with you, you have to let your kids be kids. I never understood why some parents squelch that natural kid play thing. Maybe that's how people grow up to be grumpy, cuz' their parents never let them have any fun when they were little.:confused3

I was surprised that the boys wanted to ride this one since they'd chickened out at Soarin' and I think Star Tours is probably more intense. :confused:

Are they Star Wars fans? Because that would explain it.

Everyone had a great time except for my friend. When we exited the ride she'd broken out into a cold sweat. :sick:

Oh. Too bad. Motion sickness, I presume?

The boys enjoyed browsing the gift shop and ended up purchasing some guns. Shocking, I know.

Boys? Buying toy guns??? That is shocking!

And of course these were the guns that make shooting noises so that was fun to listen to for the rest of the day.

:laughing: I can only imagine.... but I won't. 'Cause I don't want to. :rolleyes1

I got a carrot cake cookie that I'd been craving since reading about it here on the DIS

And? And? How was it?????

I love that you can get free water in all the restaurants in Disney now. :thumbsup2 Or maybe you always could but I never knew about it.

You always could. I suspect Disney wants to give out free water more than they want guests dropping of heat exhaustion.

They give you a pillow with a glass slipper to hold in the picture.

Really! I didn't see anyone doing that when I was there.
That's a nice touch.

Love it!!

She'd take cover behind trees or garbage cans and fire at them. She even got some other guests into the fun by asking them to cover her. :laughing:

:laughing: She sounds like a hoot!

Of course it was.

This was my version:

dsc_0816tr-jpg.100497

Not bad. :cool:

Not bad at all! :thumbsup2

Aidan's was good.

Very good!

She's always been like Sally in When Harry Met Sally in restaurants

I'll have what she's having.

The photographer suggested this pose which I love.

::yes:: Nice shot of just the two of them.

You are almost making me regret my decision to skip DHS this last time. I forgot about MuppetVision - dd would've liked that. Although ds would've hated it! ::yes:: But he would've liked seeing all the Star Wars stuff. He used to be a huge fan, but we've gotten out of it lately. I suspect the new movie coming out in December will rekindle the interest.

But, so many cool things! I love the umbrella shots!

We had fast passes but our friend did not so we got in line at Stand-by. I can't remember what the wait time was but it couldn't have been more than 20 minutes or I don't think we would have waited. I was surprised that the boys wanted to ride this one since they'd chickened out at Soarin' and I think Star Tours is probably more intense. :confused:
Yeah, Soarin is definitely more intense, but this one has Star Wars characters. It's easier to deal with the intensity for Star Wars!

The boys enjoyed browsing the gift shop and ended up purchasing some guns. Shocking, I know. :rolleyes1

And of course these were the guns that make shooting noises so that was fun to listen to for the rest of the day.
Couldn't talk them into lightsabers?

I got a carrot cake cookie that I'd been craving since reading about it here on the DIS and the boys probably got a treat of some kind but I was too focused on my cookie to care.
And, did it live up to the expectations?

We all enjoyed it. The boys are just starting to discover the Muppets so it was fun.
Muppets was a first time???? I'm glad you finally got to do it! I've always enjoyed it. It's a fun attraction with a great queue area. Even if the film does show its age a bit.

Don't blame you a bit. Too much stuff to look at to worry about taking pictures.

Finally I threw out "Jiminy Cricket" and I was right! She said that I would get her sketch at the end. :jumping1: I was so excited because I never win anything.
Woohoo!!! Free souvenir!!!

We all had a great time. This was my version:
Very nice! You did a great job!

After this we had to walk over to Mama Melrose's for dinner. I wrote out a review over on my DR if you want to know more.
I had to check this dining review out. I'm glad your experience there was better than ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter