Escape bride :)

Having a Disney wedding has always been a dream , I guess I just have to sit down and figure out exactly what I want to do. I would've booked and signed the agreement back in October like I was going to except my moms health was more important to me , she just now is finally starting to recover. She had drainage tubes coming from her stomach and she just had the last of 3 major surgeries done in the middle of November. We were told by her docs that she could've been in the hospital for weeks and recovery time 4-6 months , even the docs are amazed at how well she is doing , so I held off booking the wedding because of not knowing what was happening with my mom and if she'd be able to travel for the wedding. The docs want her other tube in until at least the middle of January , and if she's still doing well she will be cleared for travel at the end of January. So I will be looking to book then. But I've stayed in contact with the consultant this whole time and it just seems like nothing ever goes my way. This is a 2nd marriage for both my fiancé & myself , so we don't want a huge expensive wedding AGAIN , the only travelers that I know for sure would go besides my kids and U.S. Of course are my parents ( as long as my mom is doing good) , my brother and his 2 kids. Then my fiances mom and sister keep going back and forth with they're going , not going , going , not going....this is just turning out to be a nightmare , none of my bridesmaids will go with except possibly his sister who isn't sure she wants to go , I think I'm leaning more towards the memories collection with a few add ons and just be done with it

You need to go with what's important to you. I've also missed out on the annual passes which I think is annoying given the "discount" they give you off park passes is pretty much the same as undercover tourist now...not exactly enticing...and not a small change to just say a 5 day...it's from wow to nothing...
But I don't stress it because I know Disney have their sets of rules and generally don't move them because once it's done for one then it can cause issues.

For me....having MY wedding in the Wedding Pavilion was my first decision. I could budget elsewhere but that was non negotiable. I think it's worth every penny. Look wise the boardwalk choice also available on escape was lovely but it is SOOO public that I knew I mentally wouldn't cope with that...passerby's watching my ceremony...I needed the "just for me" wedding pavilion. Plus the windows and the look were perfect.

The only people that can make it are my parents and brother. None of DF's family. We are having a big party for them afterwards.

My biggest spends are photography upgrades which I'm thrilled about but the rest is mostly standard with just a flower add on here or there, cake topper, some juice.

For me...Escape works really well. The limo I will use and although I won't eat the cake even after a few days I want those photos and that moment. And the coordinator has made pretty much all my requests happen...

It comes down to what you want. This is my first marriage...I couldn't cope with the 'basic' aspect of memories but if you can make it for you then that will still give you the DISNEY touch I don't think anywhere else by the sounds of it will.

I wish you all the best and you all good health.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter