• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ER- Kerry Weaver, MD

anna2001

Earning My Ears
Just for kicks and giggles .....does anyone who viewed Thursday's nites episode of ER think the hormones that Kerry Weaver is injecting are male? Just wondering if anyone sees this train of thought becoming the storyline for the good doctor.
Anna:jester:

The first thing that popped into my mind was male hormones and then the second was fertility. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Weaver had a baby. Wonder what type of mother she would be.

Either story line would be a great one for her. It would add all kinds of twists and turns.

I would be very disappointed in the ER writers if she is suddenly having a sex change. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they want to be a different sex. People who have sex changes feel they were meant to be a different sex. The gay people I've known are very happy with their gender.

The spoiler site indicates that she's going to have a baby. That could very well be it although, the circumstances are still open because we haven't had an indication that her relationship with the paramedic is still on. I haven't seen her mentioned or on yet this season.

Janette, that could be part of it. The conflict of whether or not she's doing the right thing or not and maybe in the end not doing it at all and being happy with herself.

I don't see her having a baby though.

I would be very disappointed in the ER writers if she is suddenly having a sex change. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they want to be a different sex.

Thank you! That's why I'm so surprised that people here even thought about a sex change (it was brought up Thurs after E.R.). It would just be unrealistic for them to follow that storyline without showing her going through a lot of soul-searching and battling her emotions for a long time beforehand. She's never mentioned feeling like a man, and she doesn't act very masculine IMO.

But she hasn't shown any signs of wanting to be a mommy either, unless I've missed something.

Any other ideas, besides these two?? Is there something else it could be?

The one episode where she haD had a phone call from a dr I thought maybe she had cancer or leukemia or something. Especially with the way she would cry and stuff. she is very emotional.

Originally posted by Serena
But she hasn't shown any signs of wanting to be a mommy either, unless I've missed something.

That's true. I didn't think of that. I guess I'm just so used to people making quick decisions about having babies without putting much thought into it. My good friend just got pregnant and was even trying, and the last time we talked, she was still against having kids at this point. :rolleyes: But, in Dr Weaver's position, you'd think she would think long and hard about that too.

So, pretty much, the writers just left something out.

That was my first thought but then somebody mentioned she might be trying to get pregnant.

To me it is more reasonable to think that an older successful gay female would be interested in being a mother than having a sex change. It seems that people have jumped to sex change because of her sexual preference. I would hope that the ER writers would do their research and know what damage this would do to the public perception of gay people and gender identity.

I hope so too Janette. I like ER and would hope they wouldn't be careless with such complicated issues.
It would be doing them and everyone else a disservice.

question -- with in vitro fertilization, do they always get fertility drugs, even if they haven't tried to get pregnant naturally? i'm guessing they probably do (esp at her age) but was wondering if anyone knows for sure

maybe she's just having a hard time with menopause. or who knows what illness she might have

Originally posted by Serena

Any other ideas, besides these two?? Is there something else it could be?

Actually a few seasons back, Kerry treated a girl that was going to be in foster care, and she wound up asking about the patient re: Adele the social worker.. Think of how supportive the character was when Jeannie Boulet adopted that HIV positive baby.

Think of how she looks at all the pediatric patients.. I think that a pregnancy would be a good thing...

No one has mentioned menopause either.....

And Doc Rafiki, harmones are used... she could also be doing egg donation as well. you use harmone shots fro that as well.

Here is what I was thinking:

1. she is taking the hormones for menopause (she has been very moody lately)

2. she could be lying about the hormones and is treating herself for some disease/disorder

3. she has developed a secret drug addiction (but I doubt it- we have seen that story line before)

The thought never crossed my mind that it could be for fertility reasons, but anything is possible on ER. Wouldn't it be funny if Romano was the sperm donor?!!! :teeth:

Romano?? Yikes! But that would be very interesting. Can you imagine??????????

Romano?? Yikes! But that would be very interesting. Can you imagine??????????

Romano and weaver producing offspring, that would be like a cross between Carrie and Rosemary's baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter