Epcot vs Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Danny K, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Danny K

Danny K DIS Veteran

I have a 6 day base ticket. I already have 2 days at magic kingdom, 1 day at hollywood studios, 1 day at Epcot, and 1 day at animal kingdom. Should my last day be Epcot or animal kingdom? I would like to complete the following rides I listed in each.

Here are the lists of stuff I want to complete

Epcot:

Spaceship Earth
    The Seas with nemo and friends
    Turtle Talk and Crush
    Soarin (2 times)
    Living with the Land
    The Circle of life
    Journey into imagination with figment
    Test Track (2 times)
    Mission Space (3 times)
    All of World Showcase

Animal Kingdom:

Everything
    Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, and DINOSAUR twice

So which should I spend 2 days in? Any Ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

When are you going? Makes a big difference.

4. Danny K

Danny K DIS Veteran

Oh I am going in August 2013.

5. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

You could wait until you tour the other parks to decide which one you'd prefer to return to. You could eat counter service and maybe have an ADR at a resort so that that won't be an influencing factor.

I suspect that most people will say Epcot but there are also people out there that adore Animal Kingdom so this is a hard one to answer.

6. FiggieFan

FiggieFan DIS Veteran

I agree with Planogirl. I would just wing the last day depending on what you feel at the time. I have our itinerary written and have the last day reserved for Animal Kingdom and/or Magic Kingdom, but we have the park hopper tickets which work well in these situations. I am an Epcot person, but LOVE the dino ride in Animal Kingdom so we usually have to hit that repeatedly. In Animal Kingdom, you may also want to add the Flights of Wonder bird show. It was a very interesting show and entertaining for all ages. Have a great trip! pixiedust:

7. nansmama

nansmama DIS Veteran

This would be my suggestion as well.

8. FiggieFan

FiggieFan DIS Veteran

And don't forget the Norway ride in the world showcase. In my opinion, it is one of the best rides in Epcot.

9. cmh314

cmh314 Mouseketeer

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Once you've had a day in each of those 2 parks, you'll know where you'd like to return to to catch anything you missed. Just be flexible with meal plans for that day.

I'm inclined to say you'll probably want the extra day in Epcot and if that's the case I recommend spending the full day in AK the day you visit there. I know lots of people say its a half day park, but I really love animal kingdom and could easily spend 2 days there.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you choose.

10. MRDingman

MRDingman Earning My Ears

If I had a base ticket and could only go to one park I would do EP and spend most of the time in World Showcase (maybe even sleep in and get to the park 30 minutes before World Showcase opened). Since you will have already had an EP day that you could use for mostly a Future World day.

If I had a park hopper I would do both, morning at Ak, afternoon at EP.

11. Phil'sFrontier

Phil'sFrontier DIS Veteran

Sometimes at AK you will miss a few animals; your team may really want to return to see those animals that were missed on the first trip.

12. Danny K

Danny K DIS Veteran

All of you, aren't really making it easier. I have been to both parks. I want to know if I want to do all the stuff I listed in my first post, in mid august, which would be better to do twice?

13. laceemouse

laceemouse DIS Veteran

I love Animal Kingdom, but it is much easier to do in one day then Epcot.

Future World could easily take an entire day, especially in the crowded summer months. I would do a second day in World Showcase and take my time going into each pavillion, seeing the movies, eating, taking pictures, etc.

This is not a slam against Animal Kingdom, there is just a lot more to do at Epcot. The best trips we have are the ones where we have two full Epcot days :thumbsup2

14. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

if you are literally spending all day in the parks-
    i would say revisit ak, as you can spend longer in epcot as ak closes earlier.:goodvibes

15. JAG107

JAG107 Mouseketeer

I would say what most others have, do a day in each and decide what you missed or want to see again for your last day. Personally I would 100% say do Epcot, that is a 2 day minimum for us each time we go, usually 4 or 5 days we end up there at some point. There is just so much more to see and do there than AK. Plus from what I hear (we've never done a summer trip) AK is a bit hotter than the other parks for some reason. Have fun planning!

16. kevdo

kevdo Kevin Crossman

I think what the others are saying is that the answer to that is a personal opinion and might be factored into what happened on the visits to the parks earlier in your trip.

I know which one I would choose... but it's your call. Leaving your last day as a "flex" day is always a good idea. Perhaps you could even split the day - AK in the AM/early PM and then hop over to EP to finish the day.

17. g-dad66

g-dad66 DIS Veteran

Agree.

It will be easier to do everything you want to do in AK in one day than what you want to do in Epcot.

18. labattblue

labattblue DIS Veteran

Depends on what you mean by "all of world showcase"? I think if you are there at RD, you can do all your FW stuff listed, but if you want to see all the WS countries in detail, no way can you do it all in one day.

19. GreenCntryGirl

GreenCntryGirl The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

We did 1 1/2 days for EPCOT two trips ago and it wasn't enough time. I have yet to visit Japan, America, Morocco, France, or the UK because we ran out of time.

I vote EPCOT.

20. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I don't know if there's as much to do in Epcot nowadays as there used to be. I might feel that way because we've been so often though. Once we do Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Ellen, Test Track, the Living Seas and walk around the countries, we're done. We easily do this in a day.

OP wants to do more plus ride some things more than once. Based on that, the OP might want to go for a second day. I'd still decide at the last minute though.

21. madigraham

madigraham Mouseketeer

I love both parks but if I had the choice I would spend my extra day at Epcot. If u have young children ak would be the better pick, but u didn't specify. Epcot has way more than just the rides u listed. World showcase in itself can take up most of a day