• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Epcot vs Animal Kingdom

Danny K

DIS Veteran
I have a 6 day base ticket. I already have 2 days at magic kingdom, 1 day at hollywood studios, 1 day at Epcot, and 1 day at animal kingdom. Should my last day be Epcot or animal kingdom? I would like to complete the following rides I listed in each.

Here are the lists of stuff I want to complete

Epcot:

Spaceship Earth
The Seas with nemo and friends
Turtle Talk and Crush
Soarin (2 times)
Living with the Land
The Circle of life
Journey into imagination with figment
Test Track (2 times)
Mission Space (3 times)
All of World Showcase

Animal Kingdom:

Everything
Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, and DINOSAUR twice

So which should I spend 2 days in? Any Ideas?

I have a 6 day base ticket. I already have 2 days at magic kingdom, 1 day at hollywood studios, 1 day at Epcot, and 1 day at animal kingdom. Should my last day be Epcot or animal kingdom? I would like to complete the following rides I listed in each.

Here are the lists of stuff I want to complete

Epcot:

Spaceship Earth
The Seas with nemo and friends
Turtle Talk and Crush
Soarin (2 times)
Living with the Land
The Circle of life
Journey into imagination with figment
Test Track (2 times)
Mission Space (3 times)
All of World Showcase

Animal Kingdom:

Everything
Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, and DINOSAUR twice

So which should I spend 2 days in? Any Ideas?

When are you going? Makes a big difference.

You could wait until you tour the other parks to decide which one you'd prefer to return to. You could eat counter service and maybe have an ADR at a resort so that that won't be an influencing factor.

I suspect that most people will say Epcot but there are also people out there that adore Animal Kingdom so this is a hard one to answer.

I agree with Planogirl. I would just wing the last day depending on what you feel at the time. I have our itinerary written and have the last day reserved for Animal Kingdom and/or Magic Kingdom, but we have the park hopper tickets which work well in these situations. I am an Epcot person, but LOVE the dino ride in Animal Kingdom so we usually have to hit that repeatedly. In Animal Kingdom, you may also want to add the Flights of Wonder bird show. It was a very interesting show and entertaining for all ages. Have a great trip! pixiedust:

And don't forget the Norway ride in the world showcase. In my opinion, it is one of the best rides in Epcot.

You could wait until you tour the other parks to decide which one you'd prefer to return to. You could eat counter service and maybe have an ADR at a resort so that that won't be an influencing factor.

I suspect that most people will say Epcot but there are also people out there that adore Animal Kingdom so this is a hard one to answer.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Once you've had a day in each of those 2 parks, you'll know where you'd like to return to to catch anything you missed. Just be flexible with meal plans for that day.

I'm inclined to say you'll probably want the extra day in Epcot and if that's the case I recommend spending the full day in AK the day you visit there. I know lots of people say its a half day park, but I really love animal kingdom and could easily spend 2 days there.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you choose.

If I had a base ticket and could only go to one park I would do EP and spend most of the time in World Showcase (maybe even sleep in and get to the park 30 minutes before World Showcase opened). Since you will have already had an EP day that you could use for mostly a Future World day.

If I had a park hopper I would do both, morning at Ak, afternoon at EP.

Sometimes at AK you will miss a few animals; your team may really want to return to see those animals that were missed on the first trip.

All of you, aren't really making it easier. I have been to both parks. I want to know if I want to do all the stuff I listed in my first post, in mid august, which would be better to do twice?

All of you, aren't really making it easier. I have been to both parks. I want to know if I want to do all the stuff I listed in my first post, in mid august, which would be better to do twice?

I love Animal Kingdom, but it is much easier to do in one day then Epcot.

Future World could easily take an entire day, especially in the crowded summer months. I would do a second day in World Showcase and take my time going into each pavillion, seeing the movies, eating, taking pictures, etc.

This is not a slam against Animal Kingdom, there is just a lot more to do at Epcot. The best trips we have are the ones where we have two full Epcot days :thumbsup2

if you are literally spending all day in the parks-
i would say revisit ak, as you can spend longer in epcot as ak closes earlier.:goodvibes

I would say what most others have, do a day in each and decide what you missed or want to see again for your last day. Personally I would 100% say do Epcot, that is a 2 day minimum for us each time we go, usually 4 or 5 days we end up there at some point. There is just so much more to see and do there than AK. Plus from what I hear (we've never done a summer trip) AK is a bit hotter than the other parks for some reason. Have fun planning!

I think what the others are saying is that the answer to that is a personal opinion and might be factored into what happened on the visits to the parks earlier in your trip.

I know which one I would choose... but it's your call. Leaving your last day as a "flex" day is always a good idea. Perhaps you could even split the day - AK in the AM/early PM and then hop over to EP to finish the day.

Depends on what you mean by "all of world showcase"? I think if you are there at RD, you can do all your FW stuff listed, but if you want to see all the WS countries in detail, no way can you do it all in one day.

We did 1 1/2 days for EPCOT two trips ago and it wasn't enough time. I have yet to visit Japan, America, Morocco, France, or the UK because we ran out of time.

I vote EPCOT.

I don't know if there's as much to do in Epcot nowadays as there used to be. I might feel that way because we've been so often though. Once we do Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Ellen, Test Track, the Living Seas and walk around the countries, we're done. We easily do this in a day.

OP wants to do more plus ride some things more than once. Based on that, the OP might want to go for a second day. I'd still decide at the last minute though.

I love both parks but if I had the choice I would spend my extra day at Epcot. If u have young children ak would be the better pick, but u didn't specify. Epcot has way more than just the rides u listed. World showcase in itself can take up most of a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter