Epcot to get major transformations

8 years is FAR too long, my god. THey are going to pump 1.4 Billion into Hong Kong and probably be done in a couple years, 8 years for EPCOT ... 8 .... years .... I will be almost 50 by then ....

I saw that too. Already doing an expansion there, and yet... look at the state of it's domestic park, it's biggest money maker. Here's an idea - fix your homeland first. Then, worry about the others. (No, please don't take that to be a political statement)

Agree with that. Don't need to have IPs persay, though that would probably attract more kids at least, but EPCOT definitely needs more attractions. Need to bring back some of their old ride ideas for World Showcase that got scrapped for budget. Just give some more big attractions to draw crowds back there and more stuff to do than just a big shopping mall with videos that most people skip.
Yes!!!! Come on Rhine river cruise!!!

Except arrendale doesn't exist...and to compare it Northern Europe is an exercise is silliness...is it not?

Actually it does exist - spoke with a CM in Norway and then I looked it up.

Arendal [ˈɑːrənˈdɑːl] (
13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png
listen) is a town and municipality in the county of Aust-Agder, Norway. Arendal belongs to the region of Sørlandet.

The town of Arendal is the administrative center of the municipality and also of Aust-Agder county. Other villages in the municipality include Tromøy, Rykene, Eydehavn, Strengereid, Kongshamn, Kilsund, and Hisøy.

The offices of UNEP/GRID-Arendal are located in the town of Arendal.

Arendal [ˈɑːrənˈdɑːl] (
listen) is a town and municipality in the county of Aust-Agder, Norway. Arendal belongs to the region of Sørlandet.

The town of Arendal is the administrative center of the municipality and also of Aust-Agder county. Other villages in the municipality include Tromøy, Rykene, Eydehavn, Strengereid, Kongshamn, Kilsund, and Hisøy.

Yes but not the same spelling of course.

Arendal [ˈɑːrənˈdɑːl] (

Now can you quote the Wikipedia entry that says that disney stated the movie was based on Norway? Or that province?

...I missed those.

I saw that too. Already doing an expansion there, and yet... look at the state of it's domestic park, it's biggest money maker. Here's an idea - fix your homeland first. Then, worry about the others. (No, please don't take that to be a political statement)

While I agree totally that they need to work on Disney World, they do need to stagger it, so not to risk everything being under construction in one go. Personally I doubt it would take 8 years

While I agree totally that they need to work on Disney World, they do need to stagger it, so not to risk everything being under construction in one go. Personally I doubt it would take 8 years

Agreed, Disney is now putting money back into the parks of WDW, but this is what happens when they are left neglected for years. When its time to fix them, everything needs to be done at the same time, however they can't do that. So now we wait for Epcot.

Boy that's a depressing statement. Dreaming of the future is dead.
Watched the news lately? The movie Tomorrowland isn't far off. We have stopped selling hope and started selling doom and gloom. Our children have been raised on images of the massive flooding and global starvation.

Sad, but true. We are feeding the wrong wolf every day.

Watched the news lately? The movie Tomorrowland isn't far off. We have stopped selling hope and started selling doom and gloom. Our children have been raised on images of the massive flooding and global starvation.

Sad, but true. We are feeding the wrong wolf every day.

Actually I watch the news a lot. And wasn't the point of Tomorrowland also that we need to stop steering into the skid. I always state that the love of the zombie apcolypse stops when you realize who will get eaten first. YOU.

And stating that's it's true doesn't make it stink less. I apologize it's just a bit of a Pet peeve with me. I guess I am just tired of nothing but doom and gloom. I wouldn't mind if that narrative just changed.

Last edited:
Actually I watch the news a lot. And wasn't the point of Tomorrowland also that we need to stop steering into the skid. I always state that the love of the zombie apcolypse stops when you realize who will get eaten first. YOU.

And stating that's it's true doesn't make it stink less. I apologize it's just a bit of a Pet peeve with me. I guess I am just tired of nothing but doom and gloom. I wouldn't mind if that narrative just changed.

Agree.

The message isn't "stop worrying and act like it's 1985"...it's "grow up, wake up and FIX it"

Agreed, Disney is now putting money back into the parks of WDW, but this is what happens when they are left neglected for years. When its time to fix them, everything needs to be done at the same time, however they can't do that. So now we wait for Epcot.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Disney really has hurt themselves by neglecting these parks.

They let them get stale, so now they have multi billion dollar projects to fix them, and have put themselves in a nasty cycle to fix them. By the time they get done with Epcot in 8-10 years, other areas will have been neglected because of all of this and we'll be right back where we started again.

I find it ironic that you're all discussing the doom and gloom that permeates our news feeds, that we must live for the future, and fix it....then turn right back around and discuss everything at Disney is full of doom and gloom.
I wish we had a love button on these forums (like on Facebook) because that's was the most true post I have read this month, November included

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter