Epcot Swap -- Active -- Check in -- Due date Jan 23

The picture I had in my mind was full body on the santas. Anyone else have an opinion? I need to do a little research myself. I wasn't planning on joining this group until the last minute, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll post a link to anything I find.

Sheila, I would think if we can at least get their costumes pretty close...I might have issues finding the green/black plaid paper for the Canadian santa, would it be okay if I at least had a green plaid?

Sheila, I would think if we can at least get their costumes pretty close...I might have issues finding the green/black plaid paper for the Canadian santa, would it be okay if I at least had a green plaid?

I think green plaid would work. Do you have a link to pictures from previous years Santas? I'm trying to figure out what to use as an example.

Okay, I bought this SVG set for SCAL. I can make that Santa look somewhat like Pere Noel from France.

Good find! You always do such great work! I can't wait to see him.

I think green plaid would work. Do you have a link to pictures from previous years Santas? I'm trying to figure out what to use as an example.

Good find! You always do such great work! I can't wait to see him.

I've goggle "epcot santas" and found a few of them, but not all yet...might have to do each country.

Ok -- I've found some of the Santas and they appear to be part of the Epcot storytellers who share the holiday traditions of there country, but not all of the storytellers are Santas. For instance, Italy's storyteller is a Christmas witch. Does anyone know if there are santas for those countries whose storyteller is something else? I've managed to really confuse myself this afternoon.

Ok -- I've found some of the Santas and they appear to be part of the Epcot storytellers who share the holiday traditions of there country, but not all of the storytellers are Santas. For instance, Italy's storyteller is a Christmas witch. Does anyone know if there are santas for those countries whose storyteller is something else? I've managed to really confuse myself this afternoon.

this is what I found

www.wdwmagic.com

in the search type.... holidays around the world at epcot

I didn't realize they weren't all santa "looking" .... hmm, not sure what we should do?

I don't think this is going to work for all of the countries. Maybe we should rethink this category? Something else we could try?

I think you ladies who will actually be visiting during the holidays should decide. I was planning on using the santas for something else other than an Disney album since we only visit in May.

I think we should just do whatever the country has :) make it easy.

Santa if there is a Santa.
Witch if thats what it is.
Maybe Merry Christmas in the native language if they don't have a Santa.

Just a kind of epcot at Christmas group?

I think we should just do whatever the country has :) make it easy.

Santa if there is a Santa.
Witch if thats what it is.
Maybe Merry Christmas in the native language if they don't have a Santa.

Just a kind of epcot at Christmas group?

I think that would work. Let's see what the others in that group think. I don't mind keeping sign ups open a little longer if we need a little more time to get it figured out. We were planning on taking the kids to Fright Fest at Six Flags on Saturday, but there's a 90% chance of rain/t-storms, so it looks like I'll be home all day.

I am good with any of Rachal's suggestions. I have the UK one almost designed as a paper doll, but the set Jennifer bought is really cute!

yes Canada's is "Nowell", he is a lumberjack!
did a bit of research for Merry Christmas for canada...could do it in French, but then would be a repeat from France....or could do " Merry Christmas ay"

should we all just choose what works best for our countries?

That'd be, 'eh', eh? :rotfl2:

Do you think a paper piecing and a "Merry Christmas" would work? Might be hard to do in Chinese and Japanese! :lmao:

That'd be, 'eh', eh? :rotfl2:

Do you think a paper piecing and a "Merry Christmas" would work? Might be hard to do in Chinese and Japanese! :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl: knew I was spelling it wrong, but couldn't think of the right way...thanks :thumbsup2

my word program has a "translation" setting

I was just googling how to say Merry Christmas in Chinese and Japanese, it is rather lengthy in character form....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter