Epcot for seniors who don't like scary rides?

Partyof12

Mouseketeer
My husband and I (we asre in our 60s) are going to Epcot . We haven't been there for 20 years although we have been to Magic Kingdon twice with our grandchildern. This is just a trip for us. Is there enough to do in Epcot without the rollder coasters and jerky rides? Thank you.

Definitely ride Soarin'! It is a wonderful ride that simulates the effects of hang gliding over California. It's not wild by any means, you'll love it! Also, Universe of Energy, Spaceship Earth, Figment, and make sure you check out Turtle Talk with Crush in the Living Seas Pavillion. It's where children get to question "Crush" from Nemo. It's amazing the way the computer animation works. Also, my hubby and I love Epcot over all the other parks - we just walk and eat our way through the World Showcase! There are movies in World Showcase in Canada and Norway, plus a light ride in Mexico and Norway. And the American Adventure program is unforgettable. You will have a hard time fitting it all in in one day, so don't worry, there's plenty for you to do!

Oh my goodness, there is so much for seniors to do in Epcot!!

Spaceship Earth - slow moving trip through time

Seas with Nemo - the clam shells are slow-moving

Living with the land - tour greenhouses on a slow-moving boat

Soarin - unless you are afraid of heights, I feel you can handle this one - my 80-year old grandma enjoyed it on her last vacation to Disney - rode it 3 times!

Imagination - slow-moving trip about the senses; Honey I shrunk the audience is a 3-D theater show

Universe of Energy - I believe is still slow-moving...

World Showcase - almost any attraction here is a theater show or slow-moving (Maelstrom moves a little quicker but no jerking)

Have fun - just remember to pace yourself b/c it is a big park!

Yes, Epcot is a great repeat theme park. We go there more than any other park, and still have plenty to do. There is lots of good shopping, good places to eat, and most of the rides are tame. You might want to stay away from space, and test track. You should enjoy soarin', even though it may look scary. Spaceship earth, living seas, the boat ride in the land, both attractions at imagination, pretty much all the other rides are great. There's lots of good entertainment at world showcase, and at the end of the day tey have the best nighttime show in the lake. You might need 2 days.

There are only 2 attractions you will want to avoid at Epcot- Test Track and Mission:Space. Everything else in the whole park will be wonderful for you. I'd say Epcot is most "non thrill riders" dream park- you can do and enjoy almost every single thing there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter